Bruce Almighty vs. Jesse Custer (Preacher)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mendax
Jesse has Genesis of course.

Does Bruce blink him away, or does Jesse force him to submit?

KingD19
Can Jesse make God submit? Because Bruce was God.

Lestov16
Bruce seemed to have far greater reality warping powers, so I'll give it to him.

BrolyBlack
Bruce

Mendax
Originally posted by KingD19
Can Jesse make God submit? Because Bruce was God. Yes. God himself was still susceptible to the power of Genesis in the Preacher show.

KingD19
Originally posted by Mendax
Yes. God himself was still susceptible to the power of Genesis in the Preacher show.

What feats does that God have?

Old Man Whirly!
This really boils down to a simple question, are they the same "God"? The answer is also simple; inspired by yes, as fictional creations no. The limits one writer puts on his "god" should not and do not apply to another writer who makes his "God" omnipotent. Bruce wtf stomps!

BruceSkywalker
Bruce stomps

Impediment

KingD19
Bruce has onscreen frats of making people incapable of talking and making them say what he wants just to be a d*ck. Jesse's at a disadvantage from the start lol.

Flyattractor
The only way Bruce could lose this fight is if Garth (Child Muncher) Ennis wrote the Script.

DeadpoolXXX
it's a quick draw scenario.

if jesse speaks first, he will force bruce to bend the knee. but if bruce acts first he wins.

Flyattractor
WOuld be funny if they both yelled Freeze at the same time.

Old Man Whirly!
I'm not sure bruce thinking "no" wouldn't cancel Genesis out.

Flyattractor
Guess it would depend on how well each are used to their Powers.
Jessy has to SAY what he wants to happen whereas Bruce just has to THINK it. That and who has a better grasp on the Omniscience side of things.

Technically Bruce should have powers that make Thanos and the Inf Stones look like a Party Favor.

KingD19
Can't Bruce also read Jesse's mind?

Flyattractor
Well with Actual OMNIPOTENCE + Actual OMNISCIENCE should = One PHUCKED JESSE.

ShadowFyre
I thought preacher hunted vampires...

DeadpoolXXX
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
I'm not sure bruce thinking "no" wouldn't cancel Genesis out. god himself couldn't resist commands from genesis, so bruce definitely cant.

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Well with Actual OMNIPOTENCE + Actual OMNISCIENCE should = One PHUCKED JESSE. bruce definitely wasnt omniscient. jesse isn't omniscient either, but he's a much better strategist and doesnt hesitate to kill.

like i said earlier- if jesse speaks before bruce acts, he can definitely win. jesse is probably the only being in cinema who can actually beat bruce.

Flyattractor
Won't claim to be no Expert on either. Only saw Bruce once and Was NOT impressed with the Preacher Series. IT was for Phaggots.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by DeadpoolXXX
god himself couldn't resist commands from genesis, so bruce definitely cant.

bruce definitely wasnt omniscient. jesse isn't omniscient either, but he's a much better strategist and doesnt hesitate to kill.

like i said earlier- if jesse speaks before bruce acts, he can definitely win. jesse is probably the only being in cinema who can actually beat bruce. it's not the same "God" though.

Old Man Whirly!
Won't claim to be no Expert on either. Only saw Bruce once and Was NOT impressed with the Preacher Series. IT was for Phaggots. Preacher was a terrible adaptation in.my opinion.

DeadpoolXXX
it's not the same "God" though. preacher god was still the creator of the universe, heaven, hell, etc.

but what reason do we have to think that preacher god would be any more susceptible to the power of genesis than bruce would be?

KingD19
preacher god was still the creator of the universe, heaven, hell, etc.

but what reason do we have to think that preacher god would be any more susceptible to the power of genesis than bruce would be?

We see a mere human get "All" of God's power and run wild with it. Bruce pulled the moon nearly 240,000 miles from where it was with an invisible lasso(also that same distance), to right in front of Earth in seconds. He heard the thoughts of everyone on Earth simultaneously, granted wishes and prayers, etc, etc...

Bruce Almighty and by extension God, actually has feats.

Aside from giving Jesse the voice, which is a lesser version of what BA God chooses not to do(rob people of free will, but he doesn't need words), what has that God done?

Flyattractor
Preacher was a terrible adaptation in.my opinion.

Everything Ennis writes is like something a Angry and Unimaginative 12 year old would write.

I can see why so man HC'ers like his stuff.

riv6672

DeadpoolXXX
We see a mere human get "All" of God's power and run wild with it. Bruce pulled the moon nearly 240,000 miles from where it was with an invisible lasso(also that same distance), to right in front of Earth in seconds. He heard the thoughts of everyone on Earth simultaneously, granted wishes and prayers, etc, etc...

Bruce Almighty and by extension God, actually has feats.

Aside from giving Jesse the voice, which is a lesser version of what BA God chooses not to do(rob people of free will, but he doesn't need words), what has that God done? cool. how does the ability to pull the moon give bruce immunity to genesis?

no. bruce heard the thoughts/prayers of everyone in his general area of the US (not everyone on earth, as morgan freeman later stated) and it nearly drove him crazy. he had to deal with it by NOT dealing with it. so again, how does that prove he'd be immune to genesis? if anything it suggests the exact opposite.

the "this god > that god" logic is stupid an nonsensical. god in bruce almighty and preacher god were described the exact say way: as "the alpha and the omega", as "the creator of the universe", etc.

if genesis could affect preacher god, there is no reason to think it couldn't affect bruce.....especially when bruce wasn't the actual god anyway.

KingD19
cool. how does the ability to pull the moon give bruce immunity to genesis?

no. bruce heard the thoughts/prayers of everyone in his general area of the US (not everyone on earth, as morgan freeman later stated) and it nearly drove him crazy. he had to deal with it by NOT dealing with it. so again, how does that prove he'd be immune to genesis? if anything it suggests the exact opposite.

the "this god > that god" logic is stupid an nonsensical. god in bruce almighty and preacher god were described the exact say way: as "the alpha and the omega", as "the creator of the universe", etc.

if genesis could affect preacher god, there is no reason to think it couldn't affect bruce.....especially when bruce wasn't the actual god anyway.

Cool. Answer my questions though, what feats does preacherverse God have? Just because they represent the same diety doesn't mean they're shown on the same scale. Zeus is Zeus, but Immortals Zeus isn't as powerful as Clash of Titans Zeus.

In MvF different versions of the same character from different mediums and film dont automatically get to share feats.

Old Man Whirly!
Everything Ennis writes is like something a Angry and Unimaginative 12 year old would write.

I can see why so man HC'ers like his stuff. You see the comicsc
were fine at time of writing imo, but that was long ago now. Haven't read them in a very long time, I suspect they have not held up well to time. The show was shit.

DeadpoolXXX
Cool. Answer my questions though, what feats does preacherverse God have? Just because they represent the same diety doesn't mean they're shown on the same scale. Zeus is Zeus, but Immortals Zeus isn't as powerful as Clash of Titans Zeus.

In MvF different versions of the same character from different mediums and film dont automatically get to share feats. creating the universe.
creating heaven.
creating hell.
wiping out all life on earth in the prehistoric era (ie. the dinosaurs).
can create nuclear weapon sized blasts casually.
created the concept of souls.
telepathy
telekinesis
illusion casting
can resurrect anyone from the dead just by saying "live".
turning day to night and night to day with the snap of his fingers (literally).
stopping/freezing time itself just to have casual convos.

and the list goes on.

but i guess since bruce pulled the moon and ignored a bunch of prayers, he must be superior? lol,.

riv6672

Old Man Whirly!

DeadpoolXXX
none of you guys have yet to prove why bruce would be inextricably immune to the power of genesis.

SquallX

SquallX

DeadpoolXXX
again, i've seen NOTHING to suggest that bruce would be immune to genesis. nothing at all.

DeadpoolXXX

Old Man Whirly!
none of you guys have yet to prove why bruce would be inextricably immune to the power of genesis. because he is a less vulnerable fictional iteration of a divine supreme being. Ennis made his God weak sauce, that is not the Judeo/Christian/Islamic idea. I am sure many of the ideas in it as a fictional work are Heresy and Blasphemy.

riv6672

DeadpoolXXX
because he is a less vulnerable fictional iteration of a divine supreme being. Ennis made his God weak sauce, that is not the Judeo/Christian/Islamic idea. I am sure many of the ideas in it as a fictional work are Heresy and Blasphemy. ennis wrote the comics. the show was just a very loose adaption of the comics.

the show is what's being discussed here. and ANYONE who has a soul is susceptible to genesis. bruce obviously has a soul, therefore he'd be helpless against jesse IF jesse spoke first.

Old Man Whirly!
ennis wrote the comics. the show was just a very loose adaption of the comics.

the show is what's being discussed here. and ANYONE who has a soul is susceptible to genesis. bruce obviously has a soul, therefore he'd be helpless against jesse IF jesse spoke first. Do souls work the same way in the two universies they certainly don't in Islam and Christianity despite sharing the old testament.

DeadpoolXXX
what are you even talking about right now?

preacher god and bruce almighty god are both the christian version of god. so unless you're arguing that bruce was soulless, then of course it's fair to assume that a soul is a soul.

the reaching on display here.....facepalm

riv6672
preacher god and bruce almighty god are both the christian version of god.
What are YOU talking about.
Preacher god and bruce almighty god are two different characters.
And Preacher god is way weaker.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by riv6672
What are YOU talking about.
Preacher god and bruce almighty god are two different characters.
And Preacher god is way weaker. Exactly, they are separate fictional iterations.

BrolyBlack

NemeBro
Bruce has demonstrated that he can easily force others to say whateve he wants them to:

iplfWUtKMzI

And as far as quickdrawing goes, we know Bruce can give himself superhuman speed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0cG11lTS1E&feature=youtu.be&t=130

And while Bruce often adds a bit of flourish to his usage of God's powers, we know he can easily use them via thought as seen when he made a monkey grow out of that thug's ass:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uX0wjl9PzM&feature=youtu.be&t=94

Bruce honestly stomps. He can negate the one advantage Jesse has and is obviously far more powerful.

riv6672

Impediment
Preacher was a shit adaptation. The comic is legendary.

Bruce stomps.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Impediment
Preacher was a shit adaptation. The comic is legendary.

Bruce stomps. Comic was great, I reread it when the TV show started, it had dated, it was very much the 90's rather than now.

Flyattractor
Did the being able to not succumb to Jessie by basically plugging your ears stay a constant on the Preacher Show?

Old Man Whirly!
Did the being able to not succumb to Jessie by basically plugging your ears stay a constant on the Preacher Show? Don't know, quit it in s02

Galan007
Did the being able to not succumb to Jessie by basically plugging your ears stay a constant on the Preacher Show? Yep.

If you can't hear Jesse speak, the Word has no effect on you. So all Bruce has to do is stick his fingers in his ears, and Jesse/Genesis can't do a damn thing to him.

BrolyBlack

riv6672

NemeBro
Originally posted by Galan007
Yep.

If you can't hear Jesse speak, the Word has no effect on you. So all Bruce has to do is stick his fingers in his ears, and Jesse/Genesis can't do a damn thing to him. Or you know, just think a full-sized hippopotamus into Jesse's throat.

The only saving grace Jesse has in this thread is mindset. Bruce isn't a fighter, let alone a killer. But as his bamboozling of Evan shows, Bruce can literally take control of Jesse's voice and nullify his only asset in this fight.

KingD19
I think the shock of butt monkey leaving and going back up the Mexican guys a*s may have killed him lol.

Old Man Whirly!
I'm not sure Bruce couldn't just think Genesis out of existence. He was "almighty" after all.

SquallX

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.