Sundipped Superman vs Death Seed Sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
Sundipped Supes from JLA#25, charged to this level for one hour against DSS, discuss.

JBL
Sentry.

abhilegend
Superman oneshots him.

deft
Originally posted by abhilegend
Superman oneshots him.

Stoic
How does Superman one shot him?

abhilegend
By punching him.

Stoic
Where did you see physical force being a way to defeat him? He had his head crushed to no effect, and later ripped his head open. I'm not seeing how any amount of punching would stop a being who clearly stated that they were beyond death.

abhilegend
If only that could stop characters like Lobo and Deadpool being koed.

If only.

Diesldude
Superman punches him so hard bob dies thereby killing the sentry.

Insane Titan
Sundipped Superman hits harder than a sand worm. He stomps.

qwertyuiop1998
Superman stomps

JBL
I'm seriously thinking about buying this site. Anyway, Superman dies.

abhilegend
laughing out loud

JBL
laughing out loud You find something funny?

Diesldude
Originally posted by JBL

Gonna cost more than your little full of holes dinghy.

JBL
Highly doubt that.

Insane Titan

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
You find something funny?
Yes

Philosophía
Normal Superman wins.

JBL
Could not care less about Titans insignificant mouth. But first, Titan, challenge me on what I say about Superman. Don't want to hear your laughable insults, Put up or shut up. After that, I will gladly show my wealth, my company, my boats and my House. Then show yours. The one that fails gets permanently banned. Agreed?

Insane Titan

DarkSaint85
Titan takes zero prisoners and gives zero ****s.

Insane Titan

JBL
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Titan takes zero prisoners and gives zero ****s. Titan is an idiot. His sandworm theory ends this before it even begins. That's like me say Superman loses to Wonderman because he got taken out by a tractor. Such an idiot.

Insane Titan

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by JBL
Titan is an idiot. His sandworm theory ends this before it even begins. That's like me say Superman loses to Wonderman because he got taken out by a tractor. Such an idiot.

Not quite.

A: Superman has tons of better feats to balance that out. DS Sentry has....one storyline that he appeared in.

B: this thread is about SUNDIPPED Superman. Who was never taken out by a tractor.

Edit: C: this is a massively AMPED SUNDIPPED Superman. He's not just flying through six tiny suns at FTL speeds,he's actively sitting in a sun for an hour.

JBL
Titan, since you CLAIM I'm lying about my wealth, you better be able to match my wealth, my company, my boats, and my House. You came running your mouth, so put up or shut up.

JBL
Not quite.

A: Superman has tons of better feats to balance that out. DS Sentry has....one storyline that he appeared in.

B: this thread is about SUNDIPPED Superman. Who was never taken out by a tractor. I used Superman because you know damn well being taken out by a tractor will not give Wonderman a win over Superman in any way.

Insane Titan

JBL
Not quite.

B: this thread is about SUNDIPPED Superman. Who was never taken out by a tractor.

Edit: C: this is a massively AMPED SUNDIPPED Superman. He's not just flying through six tiny suns at FTL speeds,he's actively sitting in a sun for an hour. Tiny sun's, have you read what those suns did to Superman?

Insane Titan
Originally posted by JBL
I used Superman because you know damn well being taken out by a tractor will not give Wonderman a win over Superman in any way. so you miss the whole point about him with a sundip? Do you ignore it on purpose to try and have a failed point or are you dense ?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by JBL
I used Superman because you know damn well being taken out by a tractor will not give Wonderman a win over Superman in any way.

Yes, due to the sheer number of other feats that Superman has.

But DS Sentry does not have that amount. So his lows are pretty important.

qwertyuiop1998
JBL's intelligence is hardly more than 5 years old
Never spend too much time on an idiot.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by JBL
Tiny sun's, have you read what those suns did to Superman?

What did they do, iyo?

JBL
Originally posted by Insane Titan
so you miss the whole point about him with a sundip? Do you ignore it on purpose to try and have a failed point or are you dense ? Sentry is beyond death. Superman is NOT. That amp will be wearing off with each passing second and sentry will kill Superman. Who won't be able to do a damn thing to sentry.

Diesldude

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by JBL
Sentry is beyond death. Superman is NOT. That amp will be wearing off with each passing second and sentry will kill Superman. Who won't be able to do a damn thing to sentry.

Being beyond death doesn't make you beyond a KO.

Insane Titan

JBL
Where is your wealth? You called me a liar, You started this.

JBL
Originally posted by qwertyuiop1998
JBL's intelligence is hardly more than 5 years old
Never spend too much time on an idiot. another insignificant little fly buzzing around. All for the love of Superman. Laughable

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by JBL
Where is your wealth? You called me a liar, You started this.

Calling someone a liar doesn't mean you have to match them.

If someone tells me they can run 100m in 5 seconds, I don't have to match them or be a sprinter (or even be an athlete lol) to call them a liar.

Insane Titan

JBL
You called me a liar. So to me, you must have some kind of wealth to show. Broly atleast put up pictures of someone else's truck and boat, but he tried. If I am called a liar, you better be able to match me. But for now I'm going through my collection of star notes. I found 4 more today and I'm about to see how rare they are. I just gave you a little secret of how you may have let money pass through your hands worth thousands of dollars.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by JBL
You called me a liar. So to me, you must have some kind of wealth to show. Broly atleast put up pictures of someone else's truck and boat, but he tried. If I am called a liar, you better be able to match me. But for now I'm going through my collection of star notes. I found 4 more today and I'm about to see how rare they are. I just gave you a little secret of how you may have let money pass through your hands worth thousands of dollars.

So if someone says they can jump off a cliff and fly, and you call them a liar.....that means you can fly yourself??

Insane Titan

JBL
So if someone says they can jump off a cliff and fly, and you call them a liar.....that means you can fly yourself?? There is not one human being on this Earth that can jump off a cliff and fly. There are PLENTY wealthy people on earth.

JBL
That clown want me to show proof. If I show proof, your idiotic corpse will have to show me proof also. This is not a one-way Street. But I understand, you don't know how wealthy people operate. In my world, I show you show. By the way idiot, I sold a 1 dollar rare star note for 3500 dollars. Look it up.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by JBL
There is not one human being on this Earth that can jump off a cliff and fly. There are PLENTY wealthy people on earth.

And Titan is saying there is not one person like you who has wealth. So just like calling the flier a liar doesn't need proof, neither does he.

Insane Titan

JBL
And Titan is saying there is not one person like you who has wealth. So just like calling the flier a liar doesn't need proof, neither does he. I didn't bring up my wealth, he did. So it bothers him. Notice how he ran from my challenge about what I say about Superman.

JBL
Show me the last time I said anything about my wealth. You got mad when I said I was considering buying this site. Are you afraid?

Insane Titan

Insane Titan

JBL
And Titan is saying there is not one person like you who has wealth. So just like calling the flier a liar doesn't need proof, neither does he. I'm going to show you something saint. I'm going to give you the date and number of one of my rare 5 dollar bills. I want you to look it up. I will tell you how. Then I want you to look at any bills you have, ones all the way up to a 100 dollar bill. You yourself may have a VERY valuable bill.

DarkSaint85
I highly very much doubt that I do.

I have $10 to my name.
But you know what? You can just post an image of that bill.

JBL
I highly very much doubt that I do.

I have $10 to my name.
But you know what? You can just post an image of that bill. Watch your money saint. Any bills that you get, look for a * at the end of the numbers. Some are VERY rare and are worth a LOT of money to collectors.

Diesldude

Diesldude

carver9
Originally posted by JBL
Sentry.

lawest9

Edit: C: this is a massively AMPED SUNDIPPED Superman. He's not just flying through six tiny suns at FTL speeds,he's actively sitting in a sun for an hour. Not quite DS, in my OP I state that the boost that Supes got from those six suns lasts an hour since it's generally believed that a sundip evaporates from Clark after a few minutes and after putting it to use like he did against WF, do I put in the special stip that it doesn't fade from him until after an hour in the event that a battle with DSS might take that long, sorry for the misunderstanding.

-Pr-
Guys, please get back on topic.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by lawest9
Not quite DS, in my OP I state that the boost that Supes got from those six suns lasts an hour since it's generally believed that a sundip evaporates from Clark after a few minutes and after putting it to use like he did against WF, do I put in the special stip that it doesn't fade from him until after an hour in the event that a battle with DSS might take that long, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Cheers mate.

Stoic

If only.

There's a huge difference in Lobo, Deadpool, Wolverine, and other healers. The Sentry isn't real flesh and fictitious character blood. It's a figment of Bob's imagination. It was clear that physical attacks did not, and would not work on him. No amount of punches will change this. We know exactly what the Sentry, Void, and any other thing is that Bob creates. Enzeru posted proof. If you want to ignore that proof, that's on you.

abhilegend
Yeah, except he is not a figment of imagination. What a bunch of nonsense.

tkitna
Dsentry couldnt be harmed by physical means and thats pretty much all a sundipped Superman beings to the table. The best outcome the Superman camp can hope for here is a stalemate.

wxyz
Stalemate or Supes wins.

Magnon
Originally posted by Stoic
There's a huge difference in Lobo, Deadpool, Wolverine, and other healers. The Sentry isn't real flesh and fictitious character blood. It's a figment of Bob's imagination. It was clear that physical attacks did not, and would not work on him. No amount of punches will change this. We know exactly what the Sentry, Void, and any other thing is that Bob creates. Enzeru posted proof. If you want to ignore that proof, that's on you.
It has been shown on panel that hitting this "figment of imagination" repeatedly in the face will exhaust him at which point he will power down and turn back into Robert Reynolds.

Diesldude

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by JBL

Im calling your bluff

BrolyBlack

abhilegend
Originally posted by tkitna
Dsentry couldnt be harmed by physical means and thats pretty much all a sundipped Superman beings to the table. The best outcome the Superman camp can hope for here is a stalemate.
laughing out loud

Superman oneshots him.

Mindset
Sentry rips the solar energy outta him.

abhilegend
Mindset is back?

MrMind
unamped superman wins

lawest9
Cheers👍🏽

Stoic
Originally posted by Magnon
It has been shown on panel that hitting this "figment of imagination" repeatedly in the face will exhaust him at which point he will power down and turn back into Robert Reynolds.

That was at a time that Bob was not operating under optimal forum ruled conditions. He was unsure of himself, which directly affects the strength and tenacity of his construct/s. That is the Sentry's weakness in case the no limits fallacy approach appears. This was something that DS Sentry did not have to contend with, because at that time Bob was manipulating the construct with a stable mind.

DarkSaint85
And Fat Cobra, Okoye and Susan Storm?

Enzeru

If only.

If only Lobo and Deadpool were sentient energy capable of existing without a body.

Sentry wins.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Enzeru
If only Lobo and Deadpool were sentient energy capable of existing without a body.

Sentry wins.

Actually...

https://imgur.com/a/c80G9

Lobo can.

Diesldude

tkitna
The worm was a writers cop out. If Dsentry wasnt contained somehow, Marvel would have lost Thor and the Wasp.

lawest9
The worm was a writers cop out. If Dsentry wasnt contained somehow, Marvel would have lost Thor and the Wasp. 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪

abhilegend
The worm was a writers cop out. If Dsentry wasnt contained somehow, Marvel would have lost Thor and the Wasp.
laughing out loud

abhilegend

Sentry wins.
And where did this happen with death seed sentry?

Damborgson
laughing out loud

Thats the truth. Or it's a high trans worm at the very least lol.

abhilegend
I like how sentry fans sincerely believe that.

Damborgson
Just an example of poor writing to get rid of an immediate threat.

Vision once BFR'd Thor by throwing him away from the battlefield.

Thor can ****ing fly.

DarkSaint85
Then where does it stop?

I could argue it was poor writing that Sentry beat Thor - he's taken on greater threats like Glory etc.

krisblaze
Never understood the reasoning behind posts like these.

It almost sounds like you think the Sentry is an entity separate from the comics or the writer's control.

The worm is 5000 times more powerful than Thor, the Sentry and Galactus combined if the writer wants it to be.

Or do you think Remender suddenly wrote himself into a corner and needed to come up with something in the last 5 minutes?
I mean, just listen to yourself here.

If Dsentry wasnt contained somehow, Marvel would have lost Thor and the Wasp.

What do you think was next on Sentry's agenda? Taking out Marvel headquarters? Do you see the Sentry doing anything other than exactly what the writer wants him to?

abhilegend
Originally posted by Damborgson
Just an example of poor writing to get rid of an immediate threat.

Vision once BFR'd Thor by throwing him away from the battlefield.

Thor can ****ing fly.
Bendis!!!

Damborgson
Bendis!!!

Yep laughing out loud

Bendis.

DarkSaint85
I remember when people were all excited about him taking over Superman....that he'd be jobbed down etc.

Arguably some of his best feats have come within the last five years. If not directly via Bendis, it's at least a form of golden age in terms of feats.

Damborgson
Then where does it stop?

I could argue it was poor writing that Sentry beat Thor - he's taken on greater threats like Glory etc.

You could, but that would open up a different can of...worms. -badum-tss-

Hero's when compared to each other tend to perform differently than against larger than life threats of course. Thor's hammer throws knocked out the phoenix who severely outclasses the entire threat from that Uncanny Avengers arc. But we know that's not how authors can keep their stories rolling.

It can be seen from different perspectives:

1. That's a strong worm. It outperformed Thor and Wasp by far. Easily a creature from a very high tier.

2. Sentry is a total punk who loses to featless worms but beats up feat heavy characters like Thor. (Bit of a contradiction)

3. The worm is the equivalent of a BFR to get Sentry away from the hero without having Sentry take an L to an established character like Thor.

3 seems most likely to me.

Damborgson
I remember when people were all excited about him taking over Superman....that he'd be jobbed down etc.

Arguably some of his best feats have come within the last five years. If not directly via Bendis, it's at least a form of golden age in terms of feats.

Yep. Their was nervous feelings in the Superman camp and giddy feelings in the carver camp IIRC.

Stoic
Then where does it stop?

Nice try. DS Sentry would destroy Glory. He defeated far more at a time that Bob was still in discovery mode when he embarrassed the Molecule Man. People want to move away from the fact that physical injury, and even death was meaningless to the Sentry, and then attempt to nullify, or outright ignore that it was stated to be a solidified figment of Robert's imagination. He already died and came back, was embued with the death seed in one instance, and in the next was back to the golden boy look. Why? Because he is what Bob imagines him, or it to be. His weakness so far has been negative space, and Bob's psychological disposition. So he does in fact have weaknesses. However, it was clearly shown that DS Sentry was not affected by physical assaults. But yeah, let's build a case for the Worm even though we the next time we see Sentry he had no maiming wounds on his/it's person.

Stoic

Hero's when compared to each other tend to perform differently than against larger than life threats of course. Thor's hammer throws knocked out the phoenix who severely outclasses the entire threat from that Uncanny Avengers arc. But we know that's not how authors can keep their stories rolling.

1. That's a strong worm. It outperformed Thor and Wasp by far. Easily a creature from a very high tier.

2. Sentry is a total punk who loses to featless worms but beats up feat heavy characters like Thor. (Bit of a contradiction)

3. The worm is the equivalent of a BFR to get Sentry away from the hero without having Sentry take an L to an established character like Thor.

He stated that he wasn't there to kill Thor. He had a story to tell him, after which he exits stage. The Worm was a plot end, nothing more.

DarkSaint85

Then we can also turn around and say Sentry's performance against Thor was simply his time to shine, like how Thor's performance against Glory was his time to shine. Just because the author wanted to keep the story rolling.

Featless worm..... except for its performance against Sentry
Featless Sentry...... except for his performance against the Avengers.

If you mean towards 3, then it's really saying the worm was PIS. Which is fair.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Stoic
Nice try. DS Sentry would destroy Glory. He defeated far more at a time that Bob was still in discovery mode when he embarrassed the Molecule Man. People want to move away from the fact that physical injury, and even death was meaningless to the Sentry, and then attempt to nullify, or outright ignore that it was stated to be a solidified figment of Robert's imagination. He already died and came back, was embued with the death seed in one instance, and in the next was back to the golden boy look. Why? Because he is what Bob imagines him, or it to be. His weakness so far has been negative space, and Bob's psychological disposition. So he does in fact have weaknesses. However, it was clearly shown that DS Sentry was not affected by physical assaults. But yeah, let's build a case for the Worm even though we the next time we see Sentry he had no maiming wounds on his/it's person.

And Okoye with a spear, Fat Cobra and Susan Storm all held him off.

Enzeru

And where did this happen with death seed sentry?

Oh, I dunno, how about when Sentry was conscious while he was burning down to a single atom and regenerating back over and over again? Or when he burnt down to a skeleton and talked to the Void? Or how about when he ripped his own head apart and laughed? Or how about when he got his brain smashed in and instantly regenerated again?

At which point do you realize that when it comes down to the wire physical damage is not enough to stop the Sentry properly. Sentrys immortality is Flashes speed. The one guy can't be stopped and the other guy can't be touched. It's cheap as fuvk, but it is how it is.

abhilegend
Oh, I dunno, how about when Sentry was conscious while he was burning down to a single atom and regenerating back over and over again? Or when he burnt down to a skeleton and talked to the Void? Or how about when he ripped his own head apart and laughed? Or how about when he got his brain smashed in and instantly regenerated again?

At which point do you realize that when it comes down to the wire physical damage is not enough to stop the Sentry properly. Sentrys immortality is Flashes speed. The one guy can't be stopped and the other guy can't be touched. It's cheap as fuvk, but it is how it is.
We have been over this. Sentry was dead in the sun, he wasn't regenerating from an atom.

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-4ADu4aHGSMY/VePMxVYmxZI/AAAAAAAPUmc/gcEVG4yyUPc/s1600/3_08.jpg

Apocalypse twins resurrected him from a corpse.

Nothing about that says he is an energy being and can't be knocked out. You're being an idiot, again.

tkitna
Originally posted by krisblaze
Never understood the reasoning behind posts like these.

It almost sounds like you think the Sentry is an entity separate from the comics or the writer's control.

The worm is 5000 times more powerful than Thor, the Sentry and Galactus combined if the writer wants it to be.

Or do you think Remender suddenly wrote himself into a corner and needed to come up with something in the last 5 minutes?
I mean, just listen to yourself here.

You are right. Seems silly for people to always bring up the worm to demean Sentry, but they do.

Insane Titan
So what the excuse for Blue Marvel knocking him out whilst BM was fighting a team at the same time.

Enzeru

We have been over this. Sentry was dead in the sun, he wasn't regenerating from an atom.

You can't be seriously questioning the ON PANEL FACT, that Sentry can't be killed.

States that he was burning down to an atom and regenerating back over and over again:
https://i.imgur.com/YXy4FcA.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/82dVy5q.jpg

Burns down to a skeleton and regenerates:
https://i.imgur.com/eTk7QKY.jpg

Gets exploded by Morgan La Fay (who arguably killed him in the past as a child) and wills himself back to existence... with characters questioning what if anything could possibly kill him:
https://i.imgur.com/fCUI54D.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/s5RhgQA.jpg

Gets ripped apart by the Molecule Man, but resurrects himself immediately and defeats the Molecule Man:
https://i.imgur.com/uq8L34J.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/AfLGK8Q.jpg

Doctor Strange states that Sentry was never dead in the first place and that he doesn't know how to kill him:
https://i.imgur.com/3DSOG8T.jpg

I've said it once and I'm going to say it again: You're such a time and energy vampire, it's actually crazy. You've been telling yourself these lies long enough that you stated believing them, but it's time to wake up. Sentry beats Superman. You know it. Let it in. You'll get less grey hair that way.

DarkSaint85
I mean.....is that even Sentry that the Apocalypse twins are resurrecting?

abhilegend

abhilegend
And you know who is an actual energy being living inside a shell which can't die? Captain Atom, Major Force and Wonder Man. Superman has beaten all three.

Enzeru

abhilegend
No, he wasn't? What we saw on panel was the Apocalypse Twins ramming the Death Seed into the Sentry. I've never denied that.

What's actually wrong with you for real? The Sentry himself tells you what's up. He experienced himself dying. He saw the Apocalypse Twins dying and he saw them using the Death Seed on him. Everything points at him being fully aware of everything that was going on.

Even when his wife killed him with one of Noh-Varrs weapons he was listening to her talk:
https://i.imgur.com/dhSEiaV.jpg

What are you trying to accomplish here? Are you attempting to ignore every single instance where Sentry clearly shows that he is as immortal as they come until I run out of showings?

Sentrys creator Paul Jenkins established the Sentry as someone, who is immortal.
Sentrys second main writer Brian Michael Bendis established the Sentry as someone, who is immortal.
Sentrys fan and recent writer Donny Cates established the Sentry as someone, who is immortal.

That's three writers against one writer, who said something somewhat different. And that somewhat different can be argued as the "resurrecting" part talking about bringing the Sentry back from character limbo in general.
Especially because that said writer also had the Sentry talk about his own immortality.

Stop. Sentry would bitchslap those three out of existence.
laughing out loud

"The comic says he was resurrected, the writer says he was resurrected but I know better".

Its futile to argue with an idiot like you who thinks he is smart.

Go away.

Enzeru
laughing out loud

"The comic says he was resurrected, the writer says he was resurrected but I know better".
Its futile to argue with an idiot like you who thinks he is smart.
Go away.

https://i.imgur.com/BG78eRo.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/BG78eRo.jpg

Stop sh1tting all over the place, you filthy animal.

abhilegend
The level of irony in that post is beyond measure.

Anyway, **** off idiot. I don't want to lose anymore brain cells talking to you.

Enzeru

The level of irony in that post is beyond measure.
Anyway, **** off idiot. I don't want to lose anymore brain cells talking to you.

Speaking of irony: Mate, I don't think you'd be able to recognize irony, even if it put its dick into your mouth.

Damborgson
Then we can also turn around and say Sentry's performance against Thor was simply his time to shine, like how Thor's performance against Glory was his time to shine. Just because the author wanted to keep the story rolling.

Featless worm..... except for its performance against Sentry
Featless Sentry...... except for his performance against the Avengers.

If you mean towards 3, then it's really saying the worm was PIS. Which is fair.

You could, if that was Sentrys only feat. But he did it twice, and when he came back he stopped Exitars descent. Thats undeniably different than a random worm BFR'ing him.

PIS works for me.

Damborgson
Originally posted by Insane Titan
So what the excuse for Blue Marvel knocking him out whilst BM was fighting a team at the same time.

Golden Sentry at base levels is comparable to other powerhouses in Marvel.

So he lost a fight with another powerhouse. Happens.

StiltmanFTW
Yeah, "calm" Bobtry is nothing special.

It's different when he loses it or lets the Void take control.

Insane Titan

Stoic

Damborgson

Insane Titan

Stoic

Insane Titan

lawest9
👍

abhilegend
Speaking of irony: Mate, I don't think you'd be able to recognize irony, even if it put its dick into your mouth.
Are you a homophobe now? Along with being a cuckoo like your idol?

Dangerous combo mate.

tkitna
That's still just golden sentry.

Adam is also really phucking strong.

This. That encounter was a Sentry that was trying to restrain Blue Marvel and a Sentry that was still in control. I'm not taking anything away from Blue Marvel either as he's an absolute beast as we all know, but he was fortunate that Sentry didnt lose his temper a bit in that fight. Also, I swear Sentry was still a bit weakened in that encounter due to remnants of negative zone energy, but I could be wrong. I would have to go back and research it.

lawest9
Originally posted by JBL
There is not one human being on this Earth that can jump off a cliff and fly. There are PLENTY wealthy people on earth.
So far as you know.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.