Steve Bannon: Another close Trump associate arrested in Build the Wall fraud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Robtard
Bannon, three others charged with defrauding donors of 'We Build The Wall' campaign

Former White House chief strategist Stephen Bannon and three others were arrested and charged with defrauding hundreds of thousands of donors who contributed to a fundraising campaign for a private border wall, the U.S. attorney's office for the Southern District of New York said Thursday.

Bannon, Brian Kolfage, Andrew Badolato and Timothy Shea allegedly defrauded donors of the online crowdfunding campaign known as We Build the Wall, which raised more than $25 million. The four defendants are expected to appear in court Thursday afternoon.

"As alleged, the defendants defrauded hundreds of thousands of donors, capitalizing on their interest in funding a border wall to raise millions of dollars, under the false pretense that all of that money would be spent on construction," acting U.S. Attorney Audrey Strauss said. -snip

snowdragon
Now are they going to use that wall money in their defense of the wall fraud? Murika baby.

eThneoLgrRnae
I knew Rob or Pooty would eventually post this story which is why I didn't bother with it.

I've never really liked Bannon since he made that statement he made about praising Satan a few years ago. I knew then that he was not a trustworthy individual.

With that said, he is entitled to a fair trial and a presumption of innocence until proven guilty.

BackFire
Lol

Surtur
I swear if you put a cowboy hat on him he looks like an evil oil tycoon.

Robtard
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
I knew Rob or Pooty would eventually post this story which is why I didn't bother with it.

I've never really liked Bannon since he made that statement he made about praising Satan a few years ago. I knew then that he was not a trustworthy individual.

With that said, he is entitled to a fair trial and a presumption of innocence until proven guilty.

How many of Trump's close associates have been arrested or indicted now?

Trump's culture of corruption.

Eon Blue
Originally posted by Robtard

Shut it, Trumper.

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by Eon Blue
Shut it, Trumper.

laughing out loud

eThneoLgrRnae

Yawn.

Not surprisingly you have tried to turn this into being about Trump instead of Bannon, himself. You're becoming so boring and predictable, Robbie.

Robtard
You dodged because you know the number doesn't look good.

The 'We Build The Wall Campaign" is related to Trump. It's to build Trump's silly wall. It's right there in the name "Build The Wall".

BrolyBlack

eThneoLgrRnae

Robtard

BrolyBlack

Robtard
Yeah, no shit. Did you even read the story? It's Trump's good buddy Bannon and three other people who did.

snowdragon
Yeah, no shit. Did you even read the story? It's Trump's good buddy Bannon and three other people who did.

Neat game you two playargue

BrolyBlack

BackFire
Or did he.

Lestov16
Sayitwitmenow:

TTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEE
BBBBBBEEEEESSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTT
PPPPPEEOOPPPPLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

BackFire
The best criminals.

Eon Blue

Old Man Whirly!
Bannon, three others charged with defrauding donors of 'We Build The Wall' campaign

Former White House chief strategist Stephen Bannon and three others were arrested and charged with defrauding hundreds of thousands of donors who contributed to a fundraising campaign for a private border wall, the U.S. attorney's office for the Southern District of New York said Thursday.

Bannon, Brian Kolfage, Andrew Badolato and Timothy Shea allegedly defrauded donors of the online crowdfunding campaign known as We Build the Wall, which raised more than $25 million. The four defendants are expected to appear in court Thursday afternoon.

"As alleged, the defendants defrauded hundreds of thousands of donors, capitalizing on their interest in funding a border wall to raise millions of dollars, under the false pretense that all of that money would be spent on construction," acting U.S. Attorney Audrey Strauss said. -snip laughing out loud Bannon is nearly as culpable as Trump for the return to the mainstream of racism and bigotry. He's a scum bag

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Lestov16
Sayitwitmenow:

TTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEE
BBBBBBEEEEESSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTT
PPPPPEEOOPPPPLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Originally posted by BackFire
The best criminals. Genius from both of you, legit lolled thumb up laughing out loud

Eon Blue

Robtard
Originally posted by snowdragon
Neat game you two playargue

Except of course I am saying Trump didn't do it here...

It was just his close friend and special advisor working on Trump's #1 campaign promise.

BrolyBlack

BackFire

Surtur
There is a trump thread this could have gone into. And yes: it belongs there if you're gonna try to truly make this about Trump. And no: there will be no debate over whether or not you were doing that. You were. Do better in the future thumb up

Old Man Whirly!
how is Trumps wall going

eThneoLgrRnae
Moving along quite well, Pooty. smile

According to the Pentagon about a mile is being built each day.

Blakemore
Whenever I think of Trump's wall, I think of the Hoover dam. Remember Herbert Hoover? Was blamed for the great depression.

eThneoLgrRnae
*yawn*

Old Man Whirly!
Fair play, in 4 years he has completed two hundred odd miles of a two thousand mile border.

Blakemore
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Fair play, in 4 years he has completed two hundred odd miles of a two thousand mile border. It's not like was his idea, I recall it was around during the dubya years and may have even been around in the 80s if not earlier.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Blakemore
It's not like was his idea, I recall it was around during the dubya years and may have even been around in the 80s if not earlier. Thing is at the rate this has been built, completion will be 2050 at the earliest.

wxyz

Adam_PoE

"As alleged, the defendants defrauded hundreds of thousands of donors, capitalizing on their interest in funding a border wall to raise millions of dollars, under the false pretense that all of that money would be spent on construction," acting U.S. Attorney Audrey Strauss said. -snip

A man from Colorado who helped loot a charity that privately funded a border wall of the sort championed by Donald Trump was convicted on Friday in a retrial in Manhattan federal court. An earlier trial was scuttled by a juror who was said to have insisted that the prosecution was a "government witch hunt."

The second trial not only gave the U.S. attorney's office another opportunity to convict Timothy Shea, but provided a new look at evidence that could be used by the Manhattan district attorney's office against Steve Bannon.

That evidence included text message exchanges in which Bannon appeared to say that a nonprofit group he started called Citizens of the American Republic could be used to funnel money to Brian Kolfage, the public face of We Build the Wall, who had said he wanted to be paid $100,000 upfront, then $20,000 a month.

Robtard
Would be great is Bannon goes in to serve his four months and by the time he gets out, he's been tried and sentenced for his Build the Wall fraud and goes back in.

Rightist need better heroes.

Adam_PoE
A law firm is suing Steve Bannon for more than $480,000 in fees for its legal work on high-profile cases.

Law firm Davidoff Hutcher & Citron said in a lawsuit filed Friday in New York state court that Bannon has failed to fully pay for work it performed for him from November 2020 until November 2022. Bannon has been regularly represented by the firm's partner Robert Costello.

A Washington, D.C. jury convicted Bannon in June and a federal judge sentenced him to four months in prison. Bannon's sentence has been delayed as he appeals his conviction.

Robtard
Bannon associate sentenced to 4-1/4 years for Trump border wall fraud

A decorated U.S. Air Force veteran who was an associate of Donald Trump's former adviser Steve Bannon was sentenced on Wednesday to 4-1/4 years in prison after admitting helping defraud donors to a campaign to build the wall along the U.S.-Mexican border pursued by the former president.

Brian Kolfage, 41, was sentenced by U.S. District Judge Analisa Torres in Manhattan after pleading guilty last year to misappropriating funds for the "We Build the Wall" campaign, an effort that solicited public donations and, according to prosecutors, raised about $25 million.

Torres also sentenced Andrew Badolato, 58, another former Bannon associate, to three years in prison following his guilty plea. -snip

Trump associate, after Trump associate, after Trump associate busted for being a conman. How not surprising.

Everyone who gave money to or believed in this beyond obvious scam is a moron.

Robtard

Old Man Whirly!
A truly foul human being. Needs to rot in hell.

Robtard
That was supposed to go in the Triggered thread, my error.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.