The Libertarian party was up and coming in 2016. What happened?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Old Man Whirly!

NewGuy01
They realized that they can't compete, and gave up on actually trying to win.

Surtur
Now libertarians trigger the left.

giggle

BackFire

NewGuy01
Maybe "up and coming" is a bit much, but I also feel like Gary and Bill got a lot more attention and credibility. The fact that I know their names, and not the names of the current ticket, is a testament to that.

BackFire
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Maybe "up and coming" is a bit much, but I also feel like Gary and Bill got a lot more attention and credibility. The fact that I know their names, and not the names of the current ticket, is a testament to that.

This could have been the result of the two mainstream presidential candidates were historically unpopular among the electorate leading into that election and so third party candidates got more attention.

gold slorg
up

ngl, all those years ago I really understood Trump voters; Clinton was just a damned personification of everything there is to hate about American political establishment multiplied by 10 in the purest essence possible; meanwhile Trump was at least partially an enigma and some could hope he may turn out to be a positive surprise; Clinton was irredeemable already

well Trump turned out the same in the end lol

i kinda feel like it's the same case now too, tho; now Trump is the irredeemable one, and Biden is basically all the worst things about Dems in one person, but there is some small chance Biden may not be as bad as he looks, so not sure why the change; both options are still cancer lol

BackFire

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.