Thoughts on Lori Loughlin?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lestov16
I thought it would be intriguing to pose this ethical inquiry to you all. Do you think Lori Louhglin deserves to spend 2 months in prison for bribing a college to accept her daughter? One hand, it could be argued that she tried to use her wealth to override academic meritocracy and should pay, and that 2 months locked up is a lenient yet severe enough sentence to teach her a lesson, but is it? Should she be stripped of her liberty for ANY length of time for a non-violent offense? Obviously, this question doesn't just apply to her but to all who are penalized for victimless crimes, such as drug addicts and prostitutes. What do you guys think? Is she a rich bytch who deserves to pay for bucking the system, or is she a misguided woman being persecuted in a witch hunt of the wealthy? What is KMC's opinion on this?

ares834

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by Lestov16
I thought it would be intriguing to pose this ethical inquiry to you all. Do you think Lori Louhglin deserves to spend 2 months in prison for bribing a college to accept her daughter? One hand, it could be argued that she tried to use her wealth to override academic meritocracy and should pay, and that 2 months locked up is a lenient yet severe enough sentence to teach her a lesson, but is it? Should she be stripped of her liberty for ANY length of time for a non-violent offense? Obviously, this question doesn't just apply to her but to all who are penalized for victimless crimes, such as drug addicts and prostitutes. What do you guys think? Is she a rich bytch who deserves to pay for bucking the system, or is she a misguided woman being persecuted in a witch hunt of the wealthy? What is KMC's opinion on this?

You should try to visit her in prison

NewGuy01
is she a misguided woman being persecuted in a witch hunt of the wealthy?
lol

Trocity
Just typical mistreatment of women by the patriarchy. Pretty gross tbh.

Surtur
Lol didn't her husband also get sentenced, but got more jail time than she did? He got 5 months.

I hope the reason is cuz he did something more serious and not "Well Lori has a pussy and he doesn't". Perhaps he was more involved in setting the college thing up?

Though if the kids knew and went along with it(how could they not know?) why aren't they being charged?

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by Surtur

Though if the kids knew and went along with it(how could they not know?)

Well they're apparently too dumb to get into college on merit so...

Artol
I thought it would be intriguing to pose this ethical inquiry to you all. Do you think Lori Louhglin deserves to spend 2 months in prison for bribing a college to accept her daughter? One hand, it could be argued that she tried to use her wealth to override academic meritocracy and should pay, and that 2 months locked up is a lenient yet severe enough sentence to teach her a lesson, but is it? Should she be stripped of her liberty for ANY length of time for a non-violent offense? Obviously, this question doesn't just apply to her but to all who are penalized for victimless crimes, such as drug addicts and prostitutes. What do you guys think? Is she a rich bytch who deserves to pay for bucking the system, or is she a misguided woman being persecuted in a witch hunt of the wealthy? What is KMC's opinion on this? I don't think it is a victimless crime, I am glad she faces consequences, I agree however that jail for every offense is not sensible and other avenues of rehabilitation are better for at least non-violent crimes (and even some violent crimes). The prison industrial complex thrives on making profit out of people and it has terrible dynamics, as we can see in the unreasonably high rate of incarceration in the United States (not just compared to other countries, but compared to the United States itself in more reasonable times)

wxyz
Originally posted by Trocity
Just typical mistreatment of women by the patriarchy. Pretty gross tbh.

laughing

Lestov16
Originally posted by Artol
I don't think it is a victimless crime, I am glad she faces consequences, I agree however that jail for every offense is not sensible and other avenues of rehabilitation are better for at least non-violent crimes (and even some violent crimes). The prison industrial complex thrives on making profit out of people and it has terrible dynamics, as we can see in the unreasonably high rate of incarceration in the United States (not just compared to other countries, but compared to the United States itself in more reasonable times)

thumb up

SquallX

dadudemon
Don't lock her up.

For crimes like these, no one is protected by her going to prison.

But many people could be served if they fine the utter living shit out of her. We should update the CJS to stop sending people to prison when they are not a threat to society and, instead, force fines into the system that hurts as well as sends that money that fits the crime. In this situation, a scholarship program to the poor folks. smile

Based on her $500K figure, make the fine $2 million. If she has to sell her home or other assets to fork over the money, so be it.

"To jail" and "to prison" are not the answers to these scenarios as no one is protected and no lessons are learned.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.