Is Thanos ACTUALLY a "copy" of Darkseid?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Like, Thanos was never a Darksied copy. He was a cosmetic nod to Darksied at best, who in turn was a cosmetic nod to Controller, who, like Thanos, is intimately connected to the Iron Man title.

Also, The New God's were NOT created for DC. They were created for Marvel. Kirby was writing Thor and wanted to have Ragnarok occur. The plan was to destroy Asgard and then introduce a pantheon to replace them: the New Gods. That's WHY they are called the "New" Gods. Unfortunately, things between Marvel and Kirby went left so he brought the characters to DC:

https://i.postimg.cc/gnkWGMfV/Screenshot-253.png

-Pr-
...Okay?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Wonder Man
Yogurt fondu

Newjak
Are these types of threads allowed in here now? Because this doesn't seem like a versus thread at all.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Newjak
Are these types of threads allowed in here now? Because this doesn't seem like a versus thread at all.

Oh, it's not usually, I'm just morbidly curious to see where it's going.

DeadpoolXXX
is alberto autistic?

not that i have anything against those types, but threads like this really make me wonder if we're actually dealing with a serious mental illness here.

Newjak
Originally posted by -Pr-
Oh, it's not usually, I'm just morbidly curious to see where it's going. Lol fair enough PR.

AlbertoJohnAvil

It was a genuine question basically. I was making my case as to why people would still think Thanos was a rip off Darkseid. You can lock it if you want

Newjak
Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
It was a genuine question basically. I was making my case as to why people would still think Thanos was a rip off Darkseid. You can lock it if you want I mean what's there to say.

They are similar looking characters that have held similar motivations. In an industry that has always ripped off each other it wouldn't be a stretch if Thanos was a ripoff of Darkseid.

AlbertoJohnAvil
I mean what's there to say.

They are similar looking characters that have held similar motivations. In an industry that has always ripped off each other it wouldn't be a stretch if Thanos was a ripoff of Darkseid.

Well Thanos was actually created to be an homage to Metron, not Darksied. Seen here is the original drawing of Thanos. Look familiar? Even to this day, the chair is an iconic part of Thanos character, seen often in comics AND in his first appearance in the MCU (Iron Man)

https://i.postimg.cc/wtyCMMcH/Screenshot-254.png

So, what happened? The redesign was actually suggested to Starlin by someone else. Here in Starlins own words.
https://i.postimg.cc/p5Lb2Zsc/Screenshot-255.png

He was Referenced. Homaged. Whatever. By Metron Because realistically, Thanos as a character (origins, motivations, place in the cosmic cosmology) is really not like the New Gods at all. "Inspired by" and "copied from" are not at all the same.

cdtm
I mean what's there to say.

Isn't Thanos's motivation to get into Deaths..... robes?

Darkseid simply wants to dominate the entire universe by robbing us of free will.

I guess there's a similarity in terms of bad outcomes for residents of a universe, but still pretty diverse motives.

Newjak
Originally posted by cdtm

Darkseid simply wants to dominate the entire universe by robbing us of free will.

I guess there's a similarity in terms of bad outcomes for residents of a universe, but still pretty diverse motives. Yes but they both could be argued to have an obsession with obtaining some high level aspect to the point where they've molded their lives around it.

Diesldude

AlbertoJohnAvil
Originally posted by cdtm

I guess there's a similarity in terms of bad outcomes for residents of a universe, but still pretty diverse motives.

getting in Deaths bony buns hasn't been his goal since ol pickle skin (Deadpool) stole her. He's more of an existentialist at this point, wandering the universe, pondering, thinking and rubbing his wrinkly chin 😂

BrolyBlack

Newjak
getting in Deaths bony buns hasn't been his goal since ol pickle skin (Deadpool) stole her. He's more of an existentialist at this point, wandering the universe, pondering, thinking and rubbing his wrinkly chin 😂 Yes but your question was is Thanos a copy of Darkeid. Which at the time creation and for a good portion of his existence getting Death has been one of his driving forces. So I would think it would still be relevant to his origin and if he is a copy of Darkseid or not.

Delta1938
It was a genuine question basically. I was making my case as to why people would still think Thanos was a rip off Darkseid. You can lock it if you want

Then it should be in a different forum. You can ask the mods to move it for you. Two are right here reading it!!

-Pr-
Moved to appropriate forum.

StiltmanFTW
Seid is a copy of Psycho-Man cool

Thanos is a Seid/Metron mix.

BrolyBlack
Yogurt Fondu

Magnificent M
Fogurt Yondu

Insane Titan
Thanos creation was influenced by Metron and the Greek death god thantanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.