Thor vs Aquaman [pure strength]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Philosophía
Let's have some fun.

No feats where Mjolnir is involved. No statements/hyperboles or relative showings .

Post-Crisis/New 52/Rebirth feats.

Pure, physical object:

1). Lifting
2). Throwing.

I'm curious to see how many feats they have that are superior to one or the other.

I'll start with Aquaman throwing a submarine from the bottom of the ocean all the way to the surface:

https://i.ibb.co/9wYBvQZ/3164080-3135592-aquaman-2011-021-005.jpg https://i.ibb.co/Lknmh2X/3164085-3135593-aquaman-2011-021-006.jpg https://i.ibb.co/mz94k14/3164090-3135594-aquaman-2011-021-007.jpg

Galan007
This should be fun. smile

StiltmanFTW
thumb up

Drown them all, Ocean Phil.

abhilegend
Thor is stronger but not by much.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by abhilegend
Thor is stronger but not by much.

I don't recall Aquaman ever needing BENGAY haw-som

Newjak
Geez it's almost like this was basically the arm wrestling match thread all over again.

The only difference being you made explicit what you already do anyways.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Newjak
Geez it's almost like this was basically the arm wrestling match thread all over again.

The only difference being you made explicit what you already do anyways.

Plus it's purer. The lack of 'scaling' feats means it's more empirical.

Newjak
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Plus it's purer. The lack of 'scaling' feats means it's more empirical. Given the nature of how the character is written it is not purer. It is what has always been the case with these threads.

A way to undermine Thor by eliminating the bulk of his feats from being used.

It's a silly debate tactic that ignores these are comic books when it suits them.

Newjak
It's not going to provide anything new. The same feats that were brought before will be brought up again. World engine, Herc and Thor arm wrestling. And the same nitpicks will be made over and over again.

It's boring at this point and almost a little pathetic.

StiltmanFTW
https://i.imgur.com/txseJZ0.jpg

Whole scene:

https://imgur.com/a/lVHMo44

laughing out loud

Newjak
Oh yes and then low feats will come in to mock Thor because that's nothing new.

I think I remember why I stopped coming into these threads. Besides a few people here I generally enjoy talking to it's mostly just this type of thread now.

StiltmanFTW
Shhhh.

Have some Bengay, NJ:

https://tinyurl.com/y8zuo4k8

durthor durthor durthor durthor durthor durthor durthor durthor durthor

DarkSaint85
Given the nature of how the character is written it is not purer. It is what has always been the case with these threads.

A way to undermine Thor by eliminating the bulk of his feats from being used.

It's a silly debate tactic that ignores these are comic books when it suits them.
Well in the arm wrestling thread, Iron Man (Model 1Mark3) was stalemating Thor in an arm wrestle. This is the same model that Tony built in a cave out of scraps, except it had a radio, a new paint job and groin protection.

Yet Thor was unable to defeat him. Scaling doesn't work, and you know it, especially with a character as popular as Thor. Given time, to give other characters a chance to shine, he will be written down and his average would be brought right down.

On the other hand, a ton is still a ton. You say it undermines Thor, given how he is written - but he's not being put up against Superman or even Hal Jordan. Aquaman isn't written as the strongman of the JLA. He doesn't go around pushing planets or lifting mountains. Most of his appearances he either has a weapon (trident) or literally one hand (with a hook).

Moreover, we are limited to post Crisis. So since 1985.

Thor has nearly 25 extra years of feats on him, with a lot more appearances, both due to comics being more popular back then and Thor being more popular.

Surely it can't be that hard to beat Aquaman.

Newjak
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Shhhh.

Have some Bengay, NJ:

https://tinyurl.com/y8zuo4k8

durthor Oh so clever. Make a simple attack on someone using cheap gags. Yup nothing new :yawn:

CosmicComet
Why so serious?

DarkSaint85
It's not going to provide anything new. The same feats that were brought before will be brought up again. World engine, Herc and Thor arm wrestling. And the same nitpicks will be made over and over again.

It's boring at this point and almost a little pathetic.

Well no, scaling feats aren't being used here, so no Herc feats.

See? It's already different.

StiltmanFTW
Oh so clever. Make a simple attack on someone using cheap gags. Yup nothing new :yawn:

"attack" laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Are you feeling well?

Newjak
Well in the arm wrestling thread, Iron Man (Model 1Mark3) was stalemating Thor in an arm wrestle. This is the same model that Tony built in a cave out of scraps, except it had a radio, a new paint job and groin protection.

Yet Thor was unable to defeat him. Scaling doesn't work, and you know it, especially with a character as popular as Thor. Given time, to give other characters a chance to shine, he will be written down and his average would be brought right down.

On the other hand, a ton is still a ton. You say it undermines Thor, given how he is written - but he's not being put up against Superman or even Hal Jordan. Aquaman isn't written as the strongman of the JLA. He doesn't go around pushing planets or lifting mountains. Most of his appearances he either has a weapon (trident) or literally one hand (with a hook).

Moreover, we are limited to post Crisis. So since 1985.

Thor has nearly 25 extra years of feats on him, with a lot more appearances, both due to comics being more popular back then and Thor being more popular.

Surely it can't be that hard to beat Aquaman. That's the point though. We all know Thor is stronger and is intended to be far stronger

Yet he keeps getting put into threads to do nothing but undermine him by limiting his feats because well that's what a certain group wants to have happen.

Stipulations that remove half of his feats for the sake of undermining a character you don't like is boring and has been the status quo of these forums for years.

Like I've said before I wouldn't make a thread asking for feats of Superman where is power of flight has been turned off by an outside force because his power of flight makes it impossible to separate what his true strength level is.

It's silly and only serves as a crude debate tactic to make certain groups feel more clever then they are.

Newjak
Well no, scaling feats aren't being used here, so no Herc feats.

See? It's already different. Not really because it's by nature an extension of an argument Philo already believes in. So it's the same tactic of removing things you don't like because you feel it makes your stance better.

It's not like the same people who don't mind it being eliminated as usable aren't the same people who already feel it doesn't count anyways.

DarkSaint85
That's the point though. We all know Thor is stronger and is intended to be far stronger

Yet he keeps getting put into threads to do nothing but undermine him by limiting his feats because well that's what a certain group wants to have happen.

Stipulations that remove half of his feats for the sake of undermining a character you don't like is boring and has been the status quo of these forums for years.

Like I've said before I wouldn't make a thread asking for feats of Superman where is power of flight has been turned off by an outside force because his power of flight makes it impossible to separate what his true strength level is.

It's silly and only serves as a crude debate tactic to make certain groups feel more clever then they are.

Even removing half of his feats should still leave Thor with enough to destroy Aquaman's supporters in a feat war.

1. Thor has been around longer (~25 years more)
2. Thor is written as the 'strong guy' of the Avengers (along with Hulk). Aquaman is not.
3. Thor is more popular than Aquaman (by this I mean, he appears in more comics than Aquaman).
4. Yes, I agree that Thor has most of his appearances with Mjolnir in hand. Aquaman literally has most of his appearances with one hand. From 1994 onwards. And then, from 2011 onwards he had most of his appearances with a trident in hand.

So yeah, removing half of Thor's strengths feats should still leave him with plenty. Moreover, the thread specifically asks for LIFTING feats, which, unless Thor has three arms, most (all?) of these feats should have been accomplished without Mjolnir in hand anyway.

Newjak
Even removing half of his feats should still leave Thor with enough to destroy Aquaman's supporters in a feat war.

1. Thor has been around longer (~25 years more)
2. Thor is written as the 'strong guy' of the Avengers (along with Hulk). Aquaman is not.
3. Thor is more popular than Aquaman (by this I mean, he appears in more comics than Aquaman).
4. Yes, I agree that Thor has most of his appearances with Mjolnir in hand. Aquaman literally has most of his appearances with one hand. From 1994 onwards. And then, from 2011 onwards he had most of his appearances with a trident in hand.

So yeah, removing half of Thor's strengths feats should still leave him with plenty. Moreover, the thread specifically asks for LIFTING feats, which, unless Thor has three arms, most (all?) of these feats should have been accomplished without Mjolnir in hand anyway. Haven't we already discussed the bulk of his power feats are almost always striking feats.

That and lifting things generally isn't how Thor solves problems by the nature of how he is written.

So it doesn't matter if he has more appearances if the bulk of them are written in a different manner they still aren't going to give a plethora of results in the manner being asked for. It's a silly game to make Thor look weaker then he is.

Besides most of Thor's best lifting feats generally get nitpicked to death anyways until the side doing the nitpicking have convinced themselves they aren't usable anyways. For instance the Midgard serpent feat.

And these threads particularly are just a way to reenforce a bias most of a certain group has anyways and then they like to pat themselves on the back as if they have been clever.

The truth is we all knows Thor's feats. We know what the writer's intent is.

We already know why these threads get created. It's all a silly game to undermine a character they don't like.

DarkSaint85
Haven't we already discussed the bulk of his power feats are almost always striking feats.

That and lifting things generally isn't how Thor solves problems by the nature of how he is written.

So it doesn't matter if he has more appearances if the bulk of them are written in a different manner they still aren't going to give a plethora of results in the manner being asked for. It's a silly game to make Thor look weaker then he is.

Besides most of Thor's best lifting feats generally get nitpicked to death anyways until the side doing the nitpicking have convinced themselves they aren't usable anyways. For instance the Midgard serpent feat.

And these threads particularly are just a way to reenforce a bias most of a certain group has anyways and then they like to pat themselves on the back as if they have been clever.

We already know why these threads get created. It's all a silly game to undermine a character they don't like.

And again, he's not being put up against a character whose power feats aren't primarily strength feats. He's not being put up against WW, or Shazam, or Martian Manhunter.

Aquaman doesn't usually solve problems by his muscles, either. He uses TP, or summons a dolphin, or uses his hook/harpoon/water hand/or uses his army/Atlantean tech. Or uses a trident. In the JLA, you have Superman/WW/J'onn to do the lifting.

But as you say, the bulk of his feats are almost always striking.

So he should have SOME lifting feats.

Newjak
And again, he's not being put up against a character whose power feats aren't primarily strength feats. He's not being put up against WW, or Shazam, or Martian Manhunter.

Aquaman doesn't usually solve problems by his muscles, either. He uses TP, or summons a dolphin, or uses his hook/harpoon/water hand/or uses his army/Atlantean tech. Or uses a trident. In the JLA, you have Superman/WW/J'onn to do the lifting.

But as you say, the bulk of his feats are almost always striking.

So he should have SOME lifting feats. That's the whole point though. Place Thor in awkward situation against a character we all know he is stronger but because of the limitations it's going to look a lot more even.

Which in turn makes Thor seem on the same level as Aquaman or well below other strength based heroes like Superman, Wonder Woman, Hulk, Shazam, stupid Drax.

It's all a game. And he does have some lifting feats but considering his best ones get nitpicked to death(Midgard serpent) and the other ones are just general one offs for fun like holding up a skyscraper.

The fact is when the chips are down and Thor is facing his toughest physical obstacles 99/100 times how is he going to be written solve them? By hitting them with a hammer.

So we already know how this thread is going to go.

The world engine is going to get brought up. The Midgard serpent is going to get brought up. One side absolutely will not accept them then Aquaman's city lifting feat Trump the minor building/bridge lifting ones that are left over.

It's like I said boring and silly because do you honestly think Aquaman is in the ad ballpark of strength as Thor? Where would you place Thor in terms of strength when compared to other Herald level characters like Wonder Woman?

carver9
Thor is far stronger

DarkSaint85
That's the whole point though. Place Thor in awkward situation against a character we all know he is stronger but because of the limitations it's going to look a lot more even.

Which in turn makes Thor seem on the same level as Aquaman or well below other strength based heroes like Superman, Wonder Woman, Hulk, Shazam, stupid Drax.

It's all a game. And he does have some lifting feats but considering his best ones get nitpicked to death(Midgard serpent) and the other ones are just general one offs for fun like holding up a skyscraper.

The fact is when the chips are down and Thor is facing his toughest physical obstacles 99/100 times how is he going to be written solve them? By hitting them with a hammer.

So we already know how this thread is going to go.

The world engine is going to get brought up. The Midgard serpent is going to get brought up. One side absolutely will not accept them then Aquaman's city lifting feat Trump the minor building/bridge lifting ones that are left over.

It's like I said boring and silly because do you honestly think Aquaman is in the ad ballpark of strength as Thor? Where would you place Thor in terms of strength when compared to other Herald level characters like Wonder Woman?

So in short, what you are cutting through everything is, Thor has two feats (World Engine/Midgard Serpent) and then after that, he has nothing to trump Aquaman's.

Even though Aquaman was, for most of his (25-year shorter) history, either one-handed or was dead. And is the butt of jokes in the JLA as the fish-talking guy.

OK. Look, I don't know all of Thor's feats (or even most of them). And that is not me being disingenuous or trolling - I genuinely don't know his feats from say the 60s/70s/80s. But to say that he only has 2 lifting feats in his entire history to trump Aquaman? That honestly, genuinely sounds wrong.

ShadowFyre
Haven't we already discussed the bulk of his power feats are almost always striking feats.

100% right

Thor could destroy the planet that Arthur is on with the shockwaves from his attacks half a solar system away but because he doesn't have some lame ass lifting feat...

Nm, I wouldn't bother Newjak, it's pointless. They live and breath hating on Thor. It's kinda weird.

Newjak
So in short, what you are cutting through everything is, Thor has two feats (World Engine/Midgard Serpent) and then after that, he has nothing to trump Aquaman's.

Even though Aquaman was, for most of his (25-year shorter) history, either one-handed or was dead. And is the butt of jokes in the JLA as the fish-talking guy.

OK. Look, I don't know all of Thor's feats (or even most of them). And that is not me being disingenuous or trolling - I genuinely don't know his feats from say the 60s/70s/80s. But to say that he only has 2 lifting feats in his entire history to trump Aquaman? That honestly, genuinely sounds wrong. You can't have been on here as long as you have not known this.

It's the entire point of these threads roll eyes (sarcastic)

Remove the best feats of Thor, don't accept the few good ones that still meet the criteria, and force the Thor crowd to pick from the bottom of the barrel.

Cause either his lifting/strength feats generally get into the realm of fantasy and people argue it's not quantifiable ie the Midgard Serpent or people try to downplay them like arm-wrestling Herc.

You didn't answer my questions though?

-Pr-

MrMind
the world engine feat and midgard serpent feat pretty much blow everything aquaman did strength wise out of water doesn't it

Newjak
Originally posted by -Pr-
Christ on a bike... I mean are you really that surprised he would make this thread lol

CosmicComet
Is Newjak going to contribute or just complain more and more about the thread? Its derailing honestly.

We are just comparing quantifiable feats. Raw numbers that can be compared. No scaling or anything to muddy the waters, seeing as the sliding scale in comics is retardedly forgiving. One guy can be thousands if not millions of times weaker than the other and still draw blood. Eg. Ben Grimm vs Green Scar.

Sure we know intuitively that Thor is stronger but let's compare hard numbers too.

Newjak
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Is Newjak going to contribute or just complain more and more about the thread? Its derailing honestly.

We are just comparing quantifiable feats. Raw numbers that can be compared. No scaling or anything to muddy the waters, seeing as the sliding scale in comics is retardedly forgiving. One guy can be thousands if not millions of times weaker than the other and still draw blood. Eg. Ben Grimm vs Green Scar.

Sure we know intuitively that Thor is stronger but let's compare hard numbers too. I think it's important to understand and comment on the nature of why certain threads get created.

DarkSaint85
I think it's important to understand and comment on the nature of why certain threads get created.

So you're saying Thor has only 2 lifting feats in his entire history that beats Aquaman's,despite having a ton more appearances, his role as strongman in the Avengers and Aquaman only having one hand/being dead/the joke of the JLA for most of his appearances.

Newjak
So you're saying Thor has only 2 lifting feats in his entire history that beats Aquaman's,despite having a ton more appearances, his role as strongman in the Avengers and Aquaman only having one hand/being dead/the joke of the JLA for most of his appearances. Now I just assume you're playing dumb with me and ignoring the points being made.

So answer the questions I asked you.

Do you think Thor is stronger then Aquaman? What tier of strength would you put him in?

StiltmanFTW
Model I Mark III Iron Man strength tier.

-Pr-
So you're saying Thor has only 2 lifting feats in his entire history that beats Aquaman's,despite having a ton more appearances, his role as strongman in the Avengers and Aquaman only having one hand/being dead/the joke of the JLA for most of his appearances.

The only people that treat Aquaman as a joke aren't part of the League, whether they're readers or the public in DC. I expect that you know that, but you keep bringing it up... Why?

Newjak
The only people that treat Aquaman as a joke aren't part of the League, whether they're readers or the public in DC. I expect that you know that, but you keep bringing it up... Why? My guess is to play dumb for the sake of this farce of a thread lol

DarkSaint85
Now I just assume you're playing dumb with me and ignoring the points being made.

So answer the questions I asked you.

Do you think Thor is stronger then Aquaman? What tier of strength would you put him in?

I'mplaying dumb, and I'm ignoring the points you made?

You ignored my point that Aquaman isn't the strength guy of the JLA- never has been.

You ignored my point that for most of his history since 1985, he does exactly what you argue Thor does - he holds a weapon in his hand, or doesn't even have both his hands.

Your question is actually off-topic. The thread asks for lifting feats - OP even says that Thor likely has more superior ones.

The only people that treat Aquaman as a joke aren't part of the League, whether they're readers or the public in DC. I expect that you know that, but you keep bringing it up... Why?

I meant that the perception of Aquaman isn't that he's a heavy hitter. By RL readers/DC public. Because he doesn't rack up the feats. Newjak is making out like Thor is going up against some poster boy of strength - when if you were to ask the average reader out there, hell, even if you ask most of the seasoned comic readers out there, Aquaman isn't ranking up as one of the strongest JLAers

In the Avengers, if you need a strong person, you go to Hulk and Thor. Maybe Hercules if he is around.

In the JLA, you have Supes, WW, J'onn, and then maybe Aquaman. And that's if Shazam isn't around.

DarkSaint85
My guess is to play dumb for the sake of this farce of a thread lol

Then your guess is wrong.

Aquaman isn't seen as a 'strong guy'. Why? Because he doesn't have tons of feats of lifting.

Simples.

Yet, even with his paltry few lifting feats, APPARENTLY (as no one has even posted anything for Thor), apart from the Midgard/World Engine feat, he still APPARENTLY outshines Thor.

But then, nobody has bothered posting Thor supporting scans, and instead you've just spent your time and energy complaining.

So yeah, your guess is wrong.

Newjak
Then your guess is wrong.

Aquaman isn't seen as a 'strong guy'. Why? Because he doesn't have tons of feats of lifting.

Simples.

Yet, even with his paltry few lifting feats, APPARENTLY (as no one has even posted anything for Thor), apart from the Midgard/World Engine feat, he still APPARENTLY outshines Thor.

But then, nobody has bothered posting Thor supporting scans, and instead you've just spent your time and energy complaining.

So yeah, your guess is wrong. Based off of your replies I seriously doubt I am lol

Especially since you're jumping through hoops to not answer the questions

DarkSaint85
Based off of your replies I seriously doubt I am lol

Especially since you're jumping through hoops to not answer the questions

Fair enough /shrug

I'm not posting in here to convince you of anything, just like you're not posting in here to convince me of Thor's lifting feats.

Edit: I think Thor is much stronger than Aquaman. A full tier or two above. Superman level. I have actually said this before, too - I even said they were equals.

But yes, you come and post like you've never left, and act like I've got this thing against Thor, and that I think Aquaman is stronger than him laughing out loud

celeyhyga17
Thor far above.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Thor far above.

Agreed.

But as (the only so far) Thor fan to post here - apart from Midgard and World Engine feats, is Newjak correct in saying that Thor has NO lifting feats that can trump Aquaman's?

That honestly feels wrong.

-Pr-
I meant that the perception of Aquaman isn't that he's a heavy hitter. By RL readers/DC public. Because he doesn't rack up the feats. Newjak is making out like Thor is going up against some poster boy of strength - when if you were to ask the average reader out there, hell, even if you ask most of the seasoned comic readers out there, Aquaman isn't ranking up as one of the strongest JLAers

In the Avengers, if you need a strong person, you go to Hulk and Thor. Maybe Hercules if he is around.

In the JLA, you have Supes, WW, J'onn, and then maybe Aquaman. And that's if Shazam isn't around.

I would argue that it only matters when the writers and the other heroes/enemies treat him as a heavy hitter. And they do.

shrug

DarkSaint85
I would argue that it only matters when the writers and the other heroes/enemies treat him as a heavy hitter. And they do.

shrug

As heavy a hitter as say, WW (ignoring Superman because that opens too much butthurt lol) and J'onn (also ignoring Shazam because he's meant to be a magical Supes)? And by extension....Thor?

So for example, it wouldn't be treated as a joke if WW was put up in a thread to armwrestle Aquaman? It would be a serious thread?

Then what about Thor?

I am arguing that Aquaman is not a heavy hitter in terms of strength like Thor is. To reiterate, Newjak is complaining as if Aquaman has a veritable laundry list of lifting strength feats, like he's called upon to be the lifter in the JLA. Whilst poor Thor ('Strongest Avenger!') only has 2 that can trump him.

-Pr-
As heavy a hitter as say, WW (ignoring Superman because that opens too much butthurt lol) and J'onn (also ignoring Shazam because he's meant to be a magical Supes)? And by extension....Thor?

So for example, it wouldn't be treated as a joke if WW was put up in a thread to armwrestle Aquaman? It would be a serious thread?

Then what about Thor?

I am arguing that Aquaman is not a heavy hitter in terms of strength like Thor is. To reiterate, Newjak is complaining as if Aquaman has a veritable laundry list of lifting strength feats, like he's called upon to be the lifter in the JLA. Whilst poor Thor ('Strongest Avenger!') only has 2 that can trump him.

Okay, full disclosure, I was being a bit pedantic. So I'll lay it out:

I don't consider Thor to be in Superman's bracket anymore. Not since DC essentially jumped the shark with the character.

Would I consider Thor to be Aquaman's superior though? Yes.

Do I consider Diana and J'onn to be Aquaman's superior in terms of pure strength? No. Not by any massive degree. Aquaman's super strength isn't a Geoff Johns invention. He just focused on it far more than any writer had in years.

I would argue he's definitely in the bracket of Diana and J'onn, but below Shazam and Thor, who are below Superman.

Newjak
Fair enough /shrug

I'm not posting in here to convince you of anything, just like you're not posting in here to convince me of Thor's lifting feats.

Edit: I think Thor is much stronger than Aquaman. A full tier or two above. Superman level. I have actually said this before, too - I even said they were equals.

But yes, you come and post like you've never left, and act like I've got this thing against Thor, and that I think Aquaman is stronger than him laughing out loud Maybe I am incorrect but given the fact you were acting like you didn't understand the intention of this thread it led me to have doubts.

celeyhyga17
Agreed.

But as (the only so far) Thor fan to post here - apart from Midgard and World Engine feats, is Newjak correct in saying that Thor has NO lifting feats that can trump Aquaman's?

That honestly feels wrong.
He has a bunch.

Parmaniac
Midgard Serpent?

DarkSaint85
Okay, full disclosure, I was being a bit pedantic. So I'll lay it out:

I don't consider Thor to be in Superman's bracket anymore. Not since DC essentially jumped the shark with the character.

Would I consider Thor to be Aquaman's superior though? Yes.

Do I consider Diana and J'onn to be Aquaman's superior in terms of pure strength? No. Not by any massive degree. Aquaman's super strength isn't a Geoff Johns invention. He just focused on it far more than any writer had in years.

I would argue he's definitely in the bracket of Diana and J'onn, but below Shazam and Thor, who are below Superman.

Then that's all well and good, and Philo seems to be making a good showcase of Aquaman's strength (which is why, tbh, you should be supporting this thread as an Aquaman fan - not because I am saying you would be biased, but in the context that it is highlighting AM's strength feats for those of us who don't know them).

Maybe I am incorrect but given the fact you were acting like you didn't understand the intention of this thread it led me to have doubts.

Whilst Philo can be aggressive and yes, wants to show that Thor is sh1t, I honestly thought that Thor would have more feats. Whatever Philo's intentions, I just wanted to see scans.

Like, celey/Rage/Dambo, hell even Carver, would be on this like a ton of bricks and we'd have a good back and forth of scans I had not seen, with scans not seen by most of us who don't keep up with the characters.

If there aren't, then whatever. If all Thor has are those two feats, then so be it. I thought Stilt and Philo were just being d1cks, lol - but haven't seen anything from Thor's camp to support that stance (in THIS instance, anyway).

abhilegend
Midgard serpent is long debunked.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Midgard Serpent?
That's one. Aquaman can only replicate that in his dreams. He will never overpower the midgard serpent.

DarkSaint85
He has a bunch.

There we go. FINALLY.

Destroy Philo.

That's one. Aquaman can only replicate that in his dreams. He will never overpower the midgard serpent.

Before the thread devolves into yet another back and forth about Midgard Serpent feat and the Wolrd Engine feat....what are these OTHER bunch of feats that trump Aquaman's?

Parmaniac
Midgard serpent is long debunked. How so?

celeyhyga17
There we go. FINALLY.

Destroy Philo.
Oh gawwwd. Phil? psh...

Im still waiting for Thor has street level speed bz.

But anyways, here..

Thor one hands a massive sea creature and throws it a great distance. No flying head start, no swimming head start. Just pure muscle. Did it with ease too like he was throwing a pebble.
http://i.imgur.com/Ai77IB2m.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/CgVFhPpm.jpg

Newjak
Then that's all well and good, and Philo seems to be making a good showcase of Aquaman's strength (which is why, tbh, you should be supporting this thread as an Aquaman fan - not because I am saying you would be biased, but in the context that it is highlighting AM's strength feats for those of us who don't know them).

Whilst Philo can be aggressive and yes, wants to show that Thor is sh1t, I honestly thought that Thor would have more feats. Whatever Philo's intentions, I just wanted to see scans.

Like, celey/Rage/Dambo, hell even Carver, would be on this like a ton of bricks and we'd have a good back and forth of scans I had not seen, with scans not seen by most of us who don't keep up with the characters.

If there aren't, then whatever. If all Thor has are those two feats, then so be it. I thought Stilt and Philo were just being d1cks, lol - but haven't seen anything from Thor's camp to support that stance (in THIS instance, anyway). You've been here since 2011 what new feats are you expecting to see that you most likely haven't already?

DarkSaint85
How so?

Nooooooo I can't stand another fricking back and forth on this one (and the World Engine).

Just post the bunch of other feats Odindammnit!

DarkSaint85
You've been here since 2011 what feats new feats are you expecting to see that you most likely haven't already?

In terms of lifting? Celey said he had some, apart from those accursed Midgard Serpent/World Engine feats.

So am expecting to see those.

DarkSaint85
Oh gawwwd. Phil? psh...

Im still waiting for Thor has street level speed bz.

But anyways, here..

Thor one hands a massive sea creature and throws it a great distance. No flying head start, no swimming head start. Just pure muscle. Did it with ease too like he was throwing a pebble.

'Spoosh' indeed!

abhilegend
How so?
Nope, it was all magical bullshit. Even the letters page in Thor 331 said that.

https://tinyurl.com/y9byqq7g

Even in those days people called bullshit on this story.

laughing out loud
laughing out loud

What a bunch of clowns. Midgard Serpent is outright stated to be invisible and intangible in that instance where Thor fished him out and he was doing the upheaval on Earth magically.

https://i.ibb.co/Gn4PRMC/K2-CRG2-PZb-Mkd-SRHMd-YLQYCEt-CWVj-Fi-ATay-Cdx-G3k5-MFPmg-Ege-BAy-KZEk-Ja-UBa-F2-LWe-XBriveh-WKm-Drjf-W-Gy-FF65v-SAU8-Zv-ECwn-UE7r-TWb-XPy-Ls-Bd1s-Ermxm-P-v55-Jq-HOA9-Tlib86w-s1600.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/pZfYPnC/S3qa-FOEOev-Ap-Np-Oba-Vb-Iyqw-T8-8p-EMn-Tf-OSHZQwv-SUvq6-QZUVCFWp-Liap-PVx-Iy-UB5y-Qrqp-Ff-Sy9goc-Geg-Xw49-Ocr-Jr8-YYJrer-UEtt9-Xdymr-FW13051i-Aaht-Erp-Xzs-UVo7hl-ZYyw-s1600.jpg

Now "ethereal" means "otherworldly".

laughing out loud

-Pr-

Philo is doing a fine job by himself. I don't think I can really add anything other than digging up some older feats.

Philosophía

'Spoosh' indeed! Hm, well, that won't do.

It is orders of magntitude easier to throw something a distance in the air, than it is vertically, in the water, from the floor of the ocean.

https://i.ibb.co/9GZsthf/RCO007.jpg

If somebody doesn't grasp the concept, try throwing a baseball while you're underwater, then try to throw a baseball while you're in the air. Or, simpler, look at the difference between moving in water compared to moving in air. The calculations are fairly complicated, but doable if necessary, but this is rather simple to understand.

Unfortunately, Aquaman's feat is much, much superior. But, surely, Thor has something that compares, so that we can move on to better feats.

celeyhyga17
He also had extra push from swimming the sub up from the floor.
Thor did it with one arm, all muscle, and virtually no struggle.

But anyways, catches a commercial airliner dead stop almost on a nosedive then lays it on the ground. Wtf was that plane made of?

http://i.imgur.com/i2eYRffm.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/PPf0Ovlm.jpg

Newjak
I knew Philo was going to compare it to the sub feat and say it was superior.

Darksaint like I said there is a point to these threads. It's not that Thor doesn't have lifting feats but given the nature of the character they'll generally never be as grandiose as what we know his power level is.

Especially when put a burden on him that falls well outside of his normal operation of dealing with things by hitting them with his hammer.

abhilegend

Darksaint like I said there is a point to these threads. It's not that Thor doesn't have lifting feats but given the nature of the character they'll generally never be as grandiose as what we know his power level is.

Especially when put a burden on him that falls well outside of his normal operation of dealing with things by hitting them with his hammer.
Sounds more and more like an excuse tbh.

Newjak

But anyways, catches a commercial airliner dead stop almost on a nosedive then lays it on the ground. Wtf was that plane made of?

http://i.imgur.com/i2eYRffm.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/PPf0Ovlm.jpg Celery it won't surprise me if Philo argues it is not a lifting or throwing feat since Thor just caught it and doesn't count.

He will also argue the sub feat is still superior. Honestly it probably is superior but we still know Thor is stronger.

And then Philo and Abhi will make some sarcastic remark about expecting more from Thor thinking themselves clever.

Newjak
Sounds more and more like an excuse tbh. Just calling a spade a spade. There was a reason this thread was made the way it was.

Galan007
Aquaman's ocean liner feat was also pretty good:
https://i.imgur.com/MDprx9h.jpg

So was his trench feat:
https://i.imgur.com/Nt3wkdw.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/rT83LUG.jpg

Philosophía
Hm.

Maybe we should go lower.

I'd prefer to showcase Aquaman, and if nobody can match the first feat, we should start from the bottom up.

https://i.ibb.co/3Bw0LDY/e-Tm0s-Ghvdd-R-XOiy-Wxb-PJUUc-Fd-D4s1kink8-Szs-CDv-SO9-Cg-AZ7-C08x3-Vvt-9-R-3-RUc1-Kt-Gr-K6ht5i-Smy.jpg

Here Aquaman extremely casually lifts and moves a cruiser ship of aprox ~250k or so tons above his head.

edit

Originally posted by Galan007
Aquaman's ocean liner feat was also pretty good:
https://i.imgur.com/MDprx9h.jpg

So was his trench feat:
https://i.imgur.com/Nt3wkdw.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/rT83LUG.jpg Ninja'd no expression

abhilegend

http://i.imgur.com/i2eYRffm.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/PPf0Ovlm.jpg
Close but no cigar.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11125/111252199/5841580-2800643979-48759.jpg

Arthur literally swings a huge ship as a battering ram against Dead King. Easily better. Originally posted by Newjak
Just calling a spade a spade. There was a reason this thread was made the way it was.
Not really. Thor is a character with literally hundreds of issues of his own. If he is supposed to be at "that power level" without mjolnir, he should've feats to support that.

Your whining is just that, whining.

Philosophía
Good scan, abhi thumb up

celeyhyga17

Grandiose? You're talking like wtf levels? Obviously everyone knows about overpowering Jormugand and Yggdrasil. Aquaman can only dream of replicating those feats. He has a bunch of simpler ones, but they are ridiculous levels themselves.

His throwing feats alone are well beyond Arthur's.

He has replicated the impact force of a comet from throwing a small rock.
http://i.imgur.com/V1jh5L6m.jpg

He even shook Asgard just by throwing a chair.
http://i.imgur.com/5GbAvMum.jpg

And just for kicks, he has punched an ancient hulk clear through the earth.
I know it's not lifting or throwing, but the disparity between these two is so obvious. Arthur is like a 2nd grader compared to him.
http://i.imgur.com/L1N5PUPm.jpg

DeadpoolXXX
personal bias aside- i havent seen any feats posted that make the difference in lifting strength look "obvious" erm

it's one thing for you and newjak to say these things about thor, but proving them seems to be pretty hard?

Newjak
Close but no cigar.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11125/111252199/5841580-2800643979-48759.jpg

Arthur literally swings a huge ship as a battering ram against Dead King. Easily better.
Not really. Thor is a character with literally hundreds of issues of his own. If he is supposed to be at "that power level" without mjolnir, he should've feats to support that.

Your whining is just that, whining. See what I mean Darksaint. There is a purpose to these threads. Always has been.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by DeadpoolXXX
personal bias aside- i havent seen any feats posted that make the difference in lifting strength look "obvious" erm

it's one thing for you and newjak to say these things about thor, but proving them seems to be pretty hard?

Luk above you. Whoever u are. winkiss

Newjak

it's one thing for you and newjak to say these things about thor, but proving them seems to be pretty hard? I don't think you actually put your personal bias aside.

We all should know why the stipulations of this match were made for silly reasons. We should understand why finding the feats people want with said stipulations around Thor are going to work against how the character is written.

DeadpoolXXX
Luk above you. Whoever u are. winkiss none of the scans you just posted are lifting feats bud. erm

catching the plane is a great feat but again- it doesnt show some massive discrepancy when you have aquaman one-arming a damn cruise ship.

abhilegend
See what I mean Darksaint. There is a purpose to these threads. Always has been.
srug

You're being childish.

celeyhyga17
none of the scans you just posted are lifting feats bud. erm

catching the plane is a great feat but again- it doesnt show some massive discrepancy when you have aquaman one-arming a damn cruise ship.
Wait. Wut did you think he did with the cruise ship? R u implying he one armed lifted the entire thing?

Also you must have missed the memo, but throwing feats are in the op. erm

Newjak
srug

You're being childish. This thread is childish so it would be on point lol

none of the scans you just posted are lifting feats bud. erm

catching the plane is a great feat but again- it doesnt show some massive discrepancy when you have aquaman one-arming a damn cruise ship. I think I've addressed this point in multiple ways now. If you don't get it by this point it's mostly because you probably do but just want to ignore the obvious for personal reasons.

DeadpoolXXX
I don't think you actually put your personal bias aside.

We all should know why the stipulations of this match were made for silly reasons. We should understand why finding the feats people want with said stipulations around Thor are going to work against how the character is written. it honestly seems like you are just trolling and adding nothing to this discussion.

you're a mod. gotta act like it my man. wink

DeadpoolXXX
Wait. Wut did you think he did with the cruise ship? R u implying he one armed lifted the entire thing?

Also you must have missed the memo, but throwing feats are in the op. erm what do you think he was doing there?

StiltmanFTW
it honestly seems like you are just trolling and adding nothing to this discussion.

you're a mod. gotta act like it my man. wink

What are NJ's modding feats?

Leaving the forum? vin

abhilegend
Grandiose? You're talking like wtf levels? Obviously everyone knows about overpowering Jormugand and Yggdrasil. Aquaman can only dream of replicating those feats. He has a bunch of simpler ones, but they are ridiculous levels themselves.

His throwing feats alone are well beyond Arthur's.

He has replicated the impact force of a comet from throwing a small rock.
http://i.imgur.com/V1jh5L6m.jpg

What does this even mean?

Arthur has triggered volcanoes by collapsing part of tectonic plates.

https://imgur.com/a/7bHRAS4

Arthur has stopped a strike which sunk an entire continent.

https://imgur.com/a/rUYxNJZ

Here's Dead King sinking Atlantis with one strike.

https://imgur.com/a/MF4jTzo

So no, it's hardly better than Arthur's feats.

celeyhyga17
what do you think he was doing there?
I'll answer after you answer. Question with a question and all that.

Sometimes I would humor question with a question, but u didnt even attempt to give a tiny hint.

abhilegend
This thread is childish so it would be on point lol

I think I've addressed this point in multiple ways now. If you don't get it by this point it's mostly because you probably do but just want to ignore the obvious for personal reasons.
No, this thread is not childish.

Newjak
it honestly seems like you are just trolling and adding nothing to this discussion.

you're a mod. gotta act like it my man. wink I would say this entire thread is a troll.

And I don't really consider myself a mod anymore. I just still have the powers of one.

Newjak
No, this thread is not childish. A thread to downplay another character for personal dislike of said character and other posters isn't childish?

Newjak
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
What are NJ's modding feats?

Leaving the forum? vin Is this supposed to be an insult. Most of the forum has left confused

abhilegend
A thread to downplay another character for personal dislike of said character and other posters isn't childish?
What downplay? It's asking for feats of Thor's strength without any assistance from mjolnir.

If Thor doesn't has those feats, its not OP's fault.

Newjak
What downplay? It's asking for feats of Thor's strength without any assistance from mjolnir.

If Thor doesn't has those feats, its not OP's fault. You are not that dense are you abhi?

abhilegend
You are not that dense are you abhi?
Why are you taking this personally?

Newjak
Why are you taking this personally? I know Philo likes to think he is clever by pretending people don't understand his motivations/pretending he isn't doing things for a certain reason but I'm not sure about you abhi?

DarkSaint85
Ok so what I'm getting from all this (and which I assumed anyway) is that Abhi and Phil are downplaying Thor's strength.

Celey isn't helping by his inability to rise and match/surpass AM.

Galan007
You should just put Phil on ignore if you don't like him this much, Newjak. In his defense, he hasn't actually directed any posts toward you in this thread. wink

Anyhow, I really don't think this thread is childish at all -- maybe a little baitey(stick out tongue), but that's about it... And it does pose an interesting question regarding Thor's displayed lifting feats vs. Arthur's. Personally, I had always just assumed that Thor had lifted greater weights than Arthur over the years(for obvious reasons), so I am curious to see what Thor feats come to light here.

But I mean, even IF Arthur had better lifting feats than Thor, it doesn't mean he can beat him in your standard battle. /shrug

StiltmanFTW
Why are you taking this personally?

He's having a really hard time getting used to the Internet again.

Being a thor fan sure af is not helping here much, either.

StiltmanFTW
But I mean, even IF Arthur had better lifting feats than Thor, it doesn't mean he can beat him in your standard battle. /shrug

Yeah, much like my arm-wrestling thread, it's not an actual fight.

Nothing wrong with comparing feats and assessing their strength levels.

celeyhyga17
Ok so what I'm getting from all this (and which I assumed anyway) is that Abhi and Phil are downplaying Thor's strength.

Celey isn't helping by his inability to rise and match/surpass AM.
Wait, you think Arthur's feats here are better? Interesting.

Parmaniac
Why are you taking this personally? It is a conflict that pre-dates your existence on this plane child.

abhilegend
I know Philo likes to think he is clever by pretending people don't understand his motivations/pretending he isn't doing things for a certain reason but I'm not sure about you abhi?
I'm not sure what you are implying here and I don't care what happened between you and Philo.

Newjak
You should just put Phil on ignore if you don't like him this much, Newjak. In his defense, he hasn't actually directed any posts toward you in this thread. wink

Anyhow, I really don't think this thread is childish at all -- maybe a little baitey(stick out tongue), but that's about it... And it does pose an interesting question regarding Thor's displayed lifting feats vs. Arthur's. Personally, I had always just assumed that Thor had lifted greater weights than Arthur over the years(for obvious reasons), so I am curious to see what Thor feats come to light here.

But I mean, even IF Arthur had better lifting feats than Thor, it doesn't mean he can beat him in your standard battle. /shrug Honestly I don't care that much about Philo. I'm mostly just bored and I find the trollynesh of antics fun to call out.

The only thing frustrating is when people pretend they don't happen. Also Galan I would be surprised that you haven't actually seen these things before either.

TheHulkster

It's sort of flawed in that Arthur has better lifting feats than Doomsday and Darkseid. Some characters just don't lift things.

Khazra Reborn

Newjak
Wait, you think Arthur's feats here are better? Interesting. Regardless of how you interrupt the feats the ones posted here for Thor and Aquaman are close enough for intention of why this thread was made.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by TheHulkster
It's sort of flawed in that Arthur has better lifting feats than Doomsday and Darkseid. Some characters just don't lift things.

Agreed, but Thor has more appearances than Doomsday and Darkseid put together, I'd wager.

And he has a role as (one of) the Avengers' strongmen.

MrMind

aquaman has better lifting feats than eternity too? Because eternity doesn't lift things

You are getting off topic,

This thread is solely comparing lifting and throwing

abhilegend

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by MrMind
aquaman has better lifting feats than eternity too? Because eternity doesn't lift things

Using lifting feats alone to compare strength is very flawed

100% agree with this. Here's the thing though:

We all agree Thor is stronger.

The thread is asking for Thor's lifting and throwing feats, that's all.

Galan007
It's sort of flawed in that Arthur has better lifting feats than Doomsday and Darkseid. Some characters just don't lift things. Oh I agree.

Arthur has likely lifted greater physical weights than TOAA on panel, for example, but logic dictates that TOAA could still lift more than him.

But Thor IS someone who I would expect to have a plethora of high-end lifting feats, tbh(like the one that Khazra just posted.)

DarkSaint85
Yeah, on panel, Batman has benched more than the Living Tribunal. Got numbers and everything.

Doesn't mean diddly. And I don't know why people are so upset about it.

abhilegend
For a character who is supposed to be a peer to Superman (according to his fans) in strength, I thought Thor would have better feats.

Superboy has better feats than these.

StiltmanFTW
For a character who is supposed to be a peer to Superman (according to his fans) in strength, I thought Thor would have better feats.

You didn't like his Bengay feat...? shifty

Newjak
Oh I agree.

Arthur has likely lifted greater physical weights than TOAA on panel, for example, but logic dictates that TOAA could still lift more than him.

But Thor IS someone who I would expect to have a plethora of high-end lifting feats, tbh(like the one that Khazra just posted.) Thor is also written a certain way for most of his history. Just because someone has a plethora of appearances doesn't mean that those appearances will denote specific instances of things.

For instance Juggernuat is one of those characters we know is really strong but the way he is written isn't to have a lot of lifting feats.

You read stories with the Juggernaut to see him run things over. You read stories with Thor to see him go God of Thunder and Lightning.

-Pr-
And now I don't like this thread at all. Thanks. *****.

celeyhyga17
Regardless of how you interrupt the feats the ones posted here for Thor and Aquaman are close enough for intention of why this thread was made.
I don't see one even close.

I see he lifted the butt end of an ocean liner. Impressive I guess.

He flung a sub through the water surface, but he did that while pushing it first from the ocean floor for some added momentum.

He supposedly swung a huge ship at the Dead King. At the same time used it as a battering ram? Wtf? How can u swing something and describe it as a battering ram. In actuality he pushed a ship underwater towards the dead king as a battering ram. Using the word swing was an attempt to make it seem more impressive.

He supposedly triggered a volcanic eruption by collapsing a part of tectonic plates.... erm
He threw his scepter by the lava below which triggered an eruption. He then broke off a relatively small ledge to catch the escaping trench creatures below.

And then Atlan's scepter causes earthquakes. He made the weapon specifically to sink atlantis. He didn't catch that supposed force. He caught the scepter before it hit ground and prevented it from causing the same thing. The Dead King also had a replica that does the same thing. When he hits ground, it causes some kind of geological upheaval.

Dont believe everything Abhi posts.

DarkSaint85
Thor is also written a certain way for most of his history. Just because someone has a plethora of appearances doesn't mean that those appearances will denote specific instances of things.

For instance Juggernuat is one of those characters we know is really strong but the way he is written isn't to have a lot of lifting feats.

You read stories with the Juggernaut to see him run things over. You read stories with Thor to see him go God of Thunder and Lightning.

Aquaman isn't written to be a lifter of heavy things; you read stories to see him go King of Atlantis.

Yet he seems to be holding his ownin this thread.

celeyhyga17

Jeezuz.

He threw a wooden chair that shook Asgard.
Do you know the amount of force it takes to do something soo cartoonish?

MrMind
i have thorbags on ignore so don't know if world engine feat is posted

Newjak
Aquaman isn't written to be a lifter of heavy things; you read stories to see him go King of Atlantis.

Yet he seems to be holding his ownin this thread. Yes and he would be holding his own against a lot of characters we know are stronger than him but have few lifting feats as well.

DarkSaint85
Yes and he would be holding his own against a lot of characters we know are stronger than him but have few lifting feats as well.

That's fair. But not really the point of this thread.....

Newjak
That's fair. But not really the point of this thread..... Yeah we've already discussed what the point of the thread is.

MrMind
here you go planetary strength feat from thor

https://imgur.com/a/AEl68Ds

abhilegend
Jeezuz.

He threw a wooden chair that shook Asgard.
Do you know the amount of force it takes to do something soo cartoonish?
Yes, I know it shook Asgard slightly. More impressed by the Asgardian wood than the supposed trembling.

Even Byrne Superman triggered earthquakes hundred of miles away by simply stomping his foot.

https://i.postimg.cc/Mf0C3mRg/image.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/fkxQbDF5/image.jpg

Maybe you get impressed by these random feats. I don't.

DarkSaint85
Yeah we've already discussed what the point of the thread is.

To showcase scans, indeed,

Newjak
To showcase scans, indeed, Nope but at this point I'm pretty sure you understand why this thread was really made you just choose to ignore it.

DarkSaint85
Nope but at this point I'm pretty sure you understand why this thread was really made you just choose to ignore it.

To see lovely scans and attempt to see some debating, yup.

-Pr-
I don't see one even close.

I see he lifted the butt end of an ocean liner. Impressive I guess.

He flung a sub through the water surface, but he did that while pushing it first from the ocean floor for some added momentum.

He supposedly swung a huge ship at the Dead King. At the same time used it as a battering ram? Wtf? How can u swing something and describe it as a battering ram. In actuality he pushed a ship underwater towards the dead king as a battering ram. Using the word swing was an attempt to make it seem more impressive.

He supposedly triggered a volcanic eruption by collapsing a part of tectonic plates.... erm
He threw his scepter by the lava below which triggered an eruption. He then broke off a relatively small ledge to catch the escaping trench creatures below.

And then Atlan's scepter causes earthquakes. He made the weapon specifically to sink atlantis. He didn't catch that supposed force. He caught the scepter before it hit ground and prevented it from causing the same thing. The Dead King also had a replica that does the same thing. When he hits ground, it causes some kind of geological upheaval.

Dont believe everything Abhi posts.

Couple of corrections:

The trident and the scepter aren't the same thing. Aquaman's trident has no special "earthquake power". He simply threw his trident in to the vent. That's a strength feat.

Why would the scepter, when hitting Aquaman, not attempt to destroy him? It killed Vostok when it hit him. Are you suggesting that the scepter only uses its power when it hits concrete/stone/clay etc?

celeyhyga17
Couple of corrections:

The trident and the scepter aren't the same thing. Aquaman's trident has no special "earthquake power". He simply threw his trident in to the vent. That's a strength feat.

Why would the scepter, when hitting Aquaman, not attempt to destroy him? It killed Vostok when it hit him. Are you suggesting that the scepter only uses its power when it hits concrete/stone/clay etc?
Never said his tridents cause earthquakes.
Look at abhis description.

-Pr-
Never said his tridents cause earthquakes.
Look at abhis description.

To be fair, to me it looked like you were. But if I misread, fair enough.

Ugh, do I have to?

celeyhyga17

Ugh, do I have to?
He literally said that he cause a volcanic eruption by pushing tectonic plates. erm

He threw his scepter at a volcanic vent causing the eruption. He then broke a small ledge to trap the fleeing trench creatures.

BrolyBlack
laughing out loud

Ugh, do I have to?

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/custom_avatars/avatar41296_89.gif

You right now.

celeyhyga17
Oh I agree.

But Thor IS someone who I would expect to have a plethora of high-end lifting feats, tbh(like the one that Khazra just posted.)

I guess if you're counting Khaz's scans these count too.

Tore off(then lifted) a chunk of Asgard where his personal castle stands.
http://i.imgur.com/LxbexlXm.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/F7SSmmcm.jpg

Lifts Hydropolis. Mini underwater city used for research.
http://i.imgur.com/eyw1cbHm.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/fvTFTepm.jpg

-Pr-
He literally said that he cause a volcanic eruption by pushing tectonic plates. erm

He threw his scepter at a volcanic vent causing the eruption. He then broke a small ledge to trap the fleeing trench creatures.

Well, that's wrong.

Not a scepter. A trident. Very different, distinct things when it comes to Aquaman. Small ledge, though? Small? Really? What would be big, or even medium to you?

celeyhyga17
Yes, I know it shook Asgard slightly. More impressed by the Asgardian wood than the supposed trembling.

Even Byrne Superman triggered earthquakes hundred of miles away by simply stomping his foot.

https://i.postimg.cc/Mf0C3mRg/image.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/fkxQbDF5/image.jpg

Maybe you get impressed by these random feats. I don't.
Superman feat... Ok.....? embarrasment

My guy, that chair splintered as soon as it hit marble pillars. I can only imagine the amount of force he applied on that wooden chair to make Asgard "tremble". If that was Mjolnir, the haters would have been up in arms and claimed it as it was all mew mew.. it's sentient. he whispered and it flew.

celeyhyga17
Well, that's wrong.

Not a scepter. A trident. Very different, distinct things when it comes to Aquaman. Small ledge, though? Small? Really? What would be big, or even medium to you?
meant trident. the three prong one.

i described it as small because the other dude called it a "tectonic plate". I mean really?

abhilegend
Superman feat... Ok.....? embarrasment

My guy, that chair splintered as soon as it hit marble pillars. I can only imagine the amount of force he applied on that wooden chair to make Asgard "tremble". If that was Mjolnir, the haters would have been up in arms and claimed it as it was all mew mew.. it's sentient. he whispered and it flew.
laughing out loud

Carry on. If daring enough, come to my Byrne Superman vs Thor thread.

beatboks

He's being put up agains Arthur who has between single didget lifting feats pre 52. Arthur pre Flashpoint literally has the sub Diego feat, supporting an 11 story highrise on fire, lifting a tug boat, a few oil rigs, supportimg the foundation of a building in the new Venus era, and pushing a sub or two through the water. the water. Hell the few times he towed a large ship are excluded by the stips because they were water hand era and he used his hydrokinisis provided by the hand to make move it for him.

Holding the bridge already shown, and the serpant are massively above anything Arthur has lifting. So with only 2 of Thor's lifting feats he blew every single Aquaman lifring feat out of the water.
Never mind the fact that philo stated in the OP he expected Thor to comenout on top

Philosophía

-Pr-
Even accounting for buoyancy, anything thrown underwater, especially from such depths to the surface, is ****ing ridiculous. I don't even think Johns had any idea what he was doing.

Arthur underwater is technically amped, but still.

Philosophía
Even accounting for buoyancy, anything thrown underwater, especially from such depths to the surface, is ****ing ridiculous. I don't even think Johns had any idea what he was doing.

Arthur underwater is technically amped, but still. It truly is absolutely ridiculous. My favorite one is still the Atlantis-busting attack being blocked, but this is close for the sheer absurdity.

celeyhyga17

Missed this.

I'm suggesting that Atlan was going to trigger the power as soon as it hit ground.
Aquaman caught the strike which ultimately prevented scepter from hitting ground and triggering the collapse. As the dead sea king, he had a replica that caused a similar reaction when he first woke. Definitely not as powerful, but identical in the way it was showed. Looks like a form of geokenesis. He caused an "earthquake" as stated in the comic.

When Aquaman caught the scepter(true), you can kind of see the geokenesis happening. It was sort of leaking out, but nowhere near the level if it would have hit ground. I guess u can call more of a durability feat since he was sort of a conduit of that magic.

As a strength feat, I guess it's good that he stopped the dead king because he was pretty strong... But i think it's being misinterpreted as stopping the forces that sank atlantis.

MrMind
the force of world engine that was moving 9 planets were overpowered by thor pushing the wheel backwards

it's done by lever but still impressive as hell

https://i.ibb.co/CMTz8zm/22c3R8V.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/YP96V3K/G6yCPHc.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/wp3NJnp/6520760-2923373619-28694.jpg

abhilegend
9 planets were moving? Who told you that?

MrMind
9 realms is at least 9 planets

abhilegend
And where did World Engine affect anything other than time on Asgard and Earth? You know what it's purpose was, right?

MrMind
And where did World Engine affect anything other than time on Asgard and Earth? You know what it's purpose was, right?

it shaked Yggdrasil and depowered all asgardians, affected natural order

abhilegend
No, Odin depowered the Asgardians by sticking Ravenseye sword in Yggdrasil.

Damborgson
https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/11111/111113893/4121094-5938789176-24957.jpg

Squatting half or so the weight of Asgard (with horrible form) is probably one of his better direct lifting feats.

Since Asgard was phucking huge. And he caught it as it fell.

https://i.imgur.com/D9V4kfi.jpg

MrMind
I mean it was just a small town/city sized

and it was with odinforce

and it was a shared feat

not that good

abhilegend
Originally posted by Damborgson
https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/11111/111113893/4121094-5938789176-24957.jpg

Squatting half or so the weight of Asgard (with horrible form) is probably one of his better direct lifting feats.

Since Asgard was phucking huge. And he caught it as it fell.

https://i.imgur.com/D9V4kfi.jpg
Not even that great. Even new 52 Superboy tossed Argo city into orbit of Krypton after lifting it.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>