MCU Spider-man VS Yulaw

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
LGowTC_RSLw

Who wins?
Bane is guest color commentator.

slqIzuiqPwk

ShadowFyre
Yulaw wins against

1: Civil War Spidey
2. Homecoming Spidey

Loses to

1: Iron Spider
2. Far From Home Spidey

I should just say he beats Spiderman up to infinity War and then loses. Gets shit stomped at Far From Home

Lestov16
I think Spidey has good enough feats to take this. Dude got hit by a phucking train

John Murdoch
^Ya the train durability feat is ridunkulous.

I don't know who has the speed and agility edge, as all I remember from The One is Yulaw deflecting an incoming bullet with a pistol in the movie's opening, running 55mph to escape the police, using a motorcycle as a baseball bat, and the factory fight scene between the two Laws at the movie's climax.

However, even if Yulaw has the edge on Peter in outright foot and hand speed, Peter now has spidey-sense that enabled him to dodge and attack the Stark drones through sustained automatic gunfire and bullet time Mysterio firing his handgun right next to Peter's head while paying attention to a Mysterio hologram. Couple that with durability that can withstand a clothesline punch from Thanos and the above-mentioned bullet train feat + jet-bridge strength + webbing that can hold together a bell tower and a ship, and you have an opponent that:
- has precog on Yulaw's attacks
- has a sizeable strength and durability advantage over Yulaw
- is anywhere from just as fast if not faster than his opponent
- has a weapon to subdue that Yulaw has no answer for, and
- is more flexible and agile than Law.

I see Peter taking home the win.

Good thread Riv!

KingD19
Originally posted by John Murdoch
^Ya the train durability feat is ridunkulous.

I don't know who has the speed and agility edge, as all I remember from The One is Yulaw deflecting an incoming bullet with a pistol in the movie's opening, running 55mph to escape the police, using a motorcycle as a baseball bat, and the factory fight scene between the two Laws at the movie's climax.

However, even if Yulaw has the edge on Peter in outright foot and hand speed, Peter now has spidey-sense that enabled him to dodge and attack the Stark drones through sustained automatic gunfire and bullet time Mysterio firing his handgun right next to Peter's head while paying attention to a Mysterio hologram. Couple that with durability that can withstand a clothesline punch from Thanos and the above-mentioned bullet train feat + jet-bridge strength + webbing that can hold together a bell tower and a ship, and you have an opponent that:
- has precog on Yulaw's attacks
- has a sizeable strength and durability advantage over Yulaw
- is anywhere from just as fast if not faster than his opponent
- has a weapon to subdue that Yulaw has no answer for, and
- is more flexible and agile than Law.

I see Peter taking home the win.

Good thread Riv!

I agree on every point except reflexes/speed. As Spidey even caught a death punch from Cull Obsidian that would have taken Iron Man out.

But the speed advantage is definitely YuLaw's. Even as fast as Spidey is, he reacts to everything in real time from what we can see. YuLaw on the other hand.

https://streamable.com/xs4tu - Fast enough to pick a guy up and use him as a bullet shield after an entire SWAT team opened fire on him.

https://streamable.com/4fjxn - So fast that he dodges sustained automatic fire from another team, and moves so fast that once they're hit by him they go slow-mo while he continues to jog around at normal speed. He even kicks a guy into the air, then walks over and hits him again before he can land. He even blurs around a few times.

https://streamable.com/2bkde - Doesn't just dodge bullets. He can see them in motion and control where they are deflected.

https://streamable.com/yun9n - He's fast enough to run several feet and stop a man who is already pushing a detonator switch from pushing it hard enough to trigger the explosive.

https://streamable.com/z6cqe - Once again shows that people slow down to a crawl in his perception after he knocks them into the air, and even when unable to move since he's holding a motorcycle in each arm, he moves his head and watches a pistol round fly past his head from point blank range.

https://streamable.com/owg8q - Gabe and YuLaw are so fast that as they're fighting, sparks are falling in slow motion.

And all of YuLaw's feats are multiplied once it's just him and Gabe left, so he's even faster than the opening scene where he kills the third Gabe and dodges all the assault rifle fire.

HulkIsHulk
https://www.killermovies.com/forums/f106/t623470.html

If itsvof any use here'a a respect thread I had made for Yulaw

Though you'd have to replace the .org with .cc in the postimg links

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by KingD19
I agree on every point except reflexes/speed. As Spidey even caught a death punch from Cull Obsidian that would have taken Iron Man out.

But the speed advantage is definitely YuLaw's. Even as fast as Spidey is, he reacts to everything in real time from what we can see. YuLaw on the other hand.

https://streamable.com/xs4tu - Fast enough to pick a guy up and use him as a bullet shield after an entire SWAT team opened fire on him.

https://streamable.com/4fjxn - So fast that he dodges sustained automatic fire from another team, and moves so fast that once they're hit by him they go slow-mo while he continues to jog around at normal speed. He even kicks a guy into the air, then walks over and hits him again before he can land. He even blurs around a few times.

https://streamable.com/2bkde - Doesn't just dodge bullets. He can see them in motion and control where they are deflected.

https://streamable.com/yun9n - He's fast enough to run several feet and stop a man who is already pushing a detonator switch from pushing it hard enough to trigger the explosive.

https://streamable.com/z6cqe - Once again shows that people slow down to a crawl in his perception after he knocks them into the air, and even when unable to move since he's holding a motorcycle in each arm, he moves his head and watches a pistol round fly past his head from point blank range.

https://streamable.com/owg8q - Gabe and YuLaw are so fast that as they're fighting, sparks are falling in slow motion.

And all of YuLaw's feats are multiplied once it's just him and Gabe left, so he's even faster than the opening scene where he kills the third Gabe and dodges all the assault rifle fire.

Nice. Yah this is a good fight I think

Lestov16
I guess the main question is whether Yulaw's speed would be able to counter the Spider sense

KingD19
Another question is that even if the sense is fast enough, is Spidey fast enough to keep up with it against YuLaw?

ShadowFyre
Yeah, he isn't unhittable guys. I mean, that 2nd spiderguy garfield's or whatever was multiple times faster than this Spiderman in actual speed.

I mean a lot of boxers had "precog" that Manny Pacquiao was gonna punch them in the face. And he did.

TheVaultDweller
Spider-Man wins. At worst, he stalemates. Let's be real. Based on their respective strength feats, he could casually overpower Yulaw with one hand. Unless someone can post strength feats for Yulaw that even remotely competes with the following:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FarflungIllfatedBlackbear-mobile.mp4

And what's he going to do to a guy who shook off hits from Shocker in his first solo movie, who could smack buses around:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ZigzagCoolFly-mobile.mp4

Another question is that even if the sense is fast enough, is Spidey fast enough to keep up with it against YuLaw?

Why not? When his senses are on point, he doesn't even need to be able to visually track his opponent at all:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/OpulentAggressiveDavidstiger-mobile.mp4

KingD19
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Spider-Man wins. At worst, he stalemates. Let's be real. Based on their respective strength feats, he could casually overpower Yulaw with one hand. Unless someone can post strength feats for Yulaw that even remotely competes with the following:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FarflungIllfatedBlackbear-mobile.mp4

And what's he going to do to a guy who shook off hits from Shocker in his first solo movie, who could smack buses around:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ZigzagCoolFly-mobile.mp4

Why not? When his senses are on point, he doesn't even need to be able to visually track his opponent at all:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/OpulentAggressiveDavidstiger-mobile.mp4

Well as I already mentioned, YuLaw's only advantage is speed/reflexes.

And while yes, Spidey doesn't need to be able to see them, YuLaw is way faster than anything he's reacted to. He watched rifle bullets flying towards him, then turned around, picked a guy up and moved him as he needed to block them before they got there. So if Yulaw had been the one trying to shoot him in the same position as Mysterio, it more than likely would have gone differently.

Despite his tech, Mysterio was still a normal guy with normal movement speed. Yulaw on the other hand is most certainly not.

TheVaultDweller
Well, if Spider-Man is fast enough to react to bullets and blasts flying at him from different directions, I don't see why he'd have trouble with one much larger, if very fast, opponent. Because, yes, some of the drone fire in FFH was off target, but there was also a ton of it that would have hit Peter if he hadn't actively made the effort to dodge.

Besides, as I've said, the gap in strength and durability is way too big to overcome IMO. I mean we're comparing Yulaw to a guy who redirects cargo planes, holds up ferris wheels and survives hits from bullet trains.

KingD19
Well, if Spider-Man is fast enough to react to bullets and blasts flying at him from different directions, I don't see why he'd have trouble with one much larger, if very fast, opponent. Because, yes, some of the drone fire in FFH was off target, but there was also a ton of it that would have hit Peter if he hadn't actively made the effort to dodge.

Besides, as I've said, the gap in strength and durability is way too big to overcome IMO. I mean we're comparing Yulaw to a guy who redirects cargo planes, holds up ferris wheels and survives hits from bullet trains.

And again, every time I've posted here I said Yulaw is outclassed in strength/durability/tech/etc... He's just faster. And Yulaw not only did the same thing he did, but he did it better and more casually. I don't think he wins at all, as eventually Spidey will tag him, and one or two good hard hits is all he needs. But Yulaw is faster than him, which is my only and original point.

Spidey has never dealt with anyone so fast that bullets are slow to them and they can blur around in super speed. But that same person is like 12 levels of strength below him so his speed will only get him so far.

If you go back and read my original post, it was simply giving speed feats for Yulaw since Murdoch said he wasn't sure who was faster since he didn't remember all Yulaw did in The One. So I have no idea why you keep bringing up Spidey's other advantages when I myself have also pointed out how much more powerful than him Spidey is. Like when I pointed out how he easily caught a swing from Cull Obsidian that would more than likely have crushed Tony in his armor. Anyone who can do that isn't in danger from Yulaw.

TheVaultDweller
And again, every time I've posted here I said Yulaw is outclassed in strength/durability/tech/etc... He's just faster. And Yulaw not only did the same thing he did, but he did it better and more casually. I don't think he wins at all, as eventually Spidey will tag him, and one or two good hard hits is all he needs. But Yulaw is faster than him, which is my only and original point.

Spidey has never dealt with anyone so fast that bullets are slow to them and they can blur around in super speed. But that same person is like 12 levels of strength below him so his speed will only get him so far.

I wasn't trying to imply that you thought they were physical peers in other areas. My own point is more that the strength/durability gap in particular is so large that the rest of it doesn't really matter too much IMO. Because Yulaw's speed is only going to help him survive for so long. Because remember, the OP didn't restrict Spidey's webbing, which is going to make things even more difficult for Yulaw, as Spidey can basically turn the battlefield into an obstacle course. We see him in FFH use his webbing to set up traps or bunch drones together etc.

KingD19
I wasn't trying to imply that you thought they were physical peers in other areas. My own point is more that the strength/durability gap in particular is so large that the rest of it doesn't really matter too much IMO. Because Yulaw's speed is only going to help him survive for so long. Because remember, the OP didn't restrict Spidey's webbing, which is going to make things even more difficult for Yulaw, as Spidey can basically turn the battlefield into an obstacle course. We see him in FFH use his webbing to set up traps or bunch drones together etc.

Vault, buddy. Once again. I SAID THE SAME THING. All the other points you've made I already either made myself or agreed with. My single, solo, solitary point is that Yulaw has him beat in speed. That's all. Go back and read my original post and the others I made. I told Murdoch I agreed with his entire assessment where he pointed out Spidey's superiority(even adding the Obsidian block to further strengthen his stance) and said my only disagreement was in the speed department. From the beginning I knew Spidey would win this. I was the one championing Spidey in speed and strength in the Ocean Master thread so I know full well what he's capable of. I was also one of the first to point out just how much he actually spams his webs. So I'm not really sure what you're trying to tell me.

TheVaultDweller
Vault, buddy. Once again. I SAID THE SAME THING. All the other points you've made I already either made myself or agreed with. My single, solo, solitary point is that Yulaw has him beat in speed. That's all. Go back and read my original post and the others I made. I told Murdoch I agreed with his entire assessment where he pointed out Spidey's superiority(even adding the Obsidian block to further strengthen his stance) and said my only disagreement was in the speed department. From the beginning I knew Spidey would win this. I was the one championing Spidey in speed and strength in the Ocean Master thread so I know full well what he's capable of. I was also one of the first to point out just how much he actually spams his webs. So I'm not really sure what you're trying to tell me.

Except the only point of yours I originally commented on was this, to which I stated I don't see why he couldn't, and cited an example to go with it:

You're the one who took it from there.

KingD19
Except the only point of yours I originally commented on was this, to which I stated I don't see why he couldn't, and cited an example to go with it:

You're the one who took it from there.

But the only thing I asked about was speed. You started bringing up other stats which I only spoke in Spidey's favor for the entire thread and that's where my confusion came from as you made it seem like I was unaware Spidey was the clear victor and I was unaware of just how much of a physical advantage he has, when I pointed it myself as well as other people. For the speed thing, there are multiple instances in comics and even movies where character A has senses fast enough or powerful enough to understand they're going up against a faster opponent, but their body isn't fast enough to keep up. Like how Cap knew Quicksilver was running around, but wasn't fast enough to stop himself from getting launched into the air. Or how Mr. X could read Pietro's thoughts and knew what he was going to do, but his body wasn't capable of moving fast enough for it to matter.

As for the example you cited, I pointed out how Beck was a 100% normal guy with some fancy tech, not someone who sees fully automatic assault rifle ammo in slow motion and can barely move his face to dodge a bullet from point blank range. He wouldn't be able to easily stop the shot like he did against Mysterio because Yulaw is insanely faster than Beck, and going on feats(so far at least), faster than Spidey.

TheVaultDweller
But the only thing I asked about was speed. You started bringing up other stats which I only spoke in Spidey's favor for the entire thread and that's where my confusion came from as you made it seem like I was unaware Spidey was the clear victor and I was unaware of just how much of a physical advantage he has, when I pointed it myself as well as other people. For the speed thing, there are multiple instances in comics and even movies where character A has senses fast enough or powerful enough to understand they're going up against a faster opponent, but their body isn't fast enough to keep up. Like how Cap knew Quicksilver was running around, but wasn't fast enough to stop himself from getting launched into the air. Or how Mr. X could read Pietro's thoughts and knew what he was going to do, but his body wasn't capable of moving fast enough for it to matter.

As for the example you cited, I pointed out how Beck was a 100% normal guy with some fancy tech, not someone who sees fully automatic assault rifle ammo in slow motion and can barely move his face to dodge a bullet from point blank range. He wouldn't be able to easily stop the shot like he did against Mysterio because Yulaw is insanely faster than Beck, and going on feats(so far at least), faster than Spidey.

Me originally referencing other things was not in response to you. It was my general response to the thread, citing the reasons I believed Spider-Man won. That's why I put your post below that and my response underneath it, by itself.

Again, the only point of yours I addressed was the question of Spider-Man being able to keep up with Yulaw. I was perfectly happy to leave it at that. If I had a problem with anything else you said, I would have quoted that too. It was only after you started bringing more things into it that I responded in kind directly to your posts.

TheVaultDweller
Anyway, let's just get to the meat and potatoes. We both agree that Yulaw has better speed but that Spidey wins. So, that's really the bottom line.

riv6672
Anyway, let's just get to the meat and potatoes. We both agree that Yulaw has better speed but that Spidey wins. So, that's really the bottom line.
I guess it is! Thanks for that. big grin

John Murdoch
Thanks King for getting those feats of Yulaw's out, I haven't seen The One since theaters, so I figured I was missing some bigtime feats of his. Didn't realize the speed advantage for Yulaw was so severe.

ShadowFyre
Yulaw could bumrush parker with a blade or point blank firearm and Parker isn't dodging it. If Yulaw goes kung fu he loses. He goes straight for the kill and he has any kind of metal object and Parker is screwed

FrothByte
Maybe I'm missing something here, but didn't Spidey lose to Cap because of how inexperienced he was at fighting? Yulaw is faster than Cap and seems to be a better fighter.

He even struggled against Vulture. Not saying Yulaw wins but I don't think its a clear win for Spidey either.

riv6672

FrothByte

riv6672

HulkIsHulk
Its not like Yulaw has any experience fighting someone several magnitudes stronger and tougher than him either

FrothByte
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Its not like Yulaw has any experience fighting someone several magnitudes stronger and tougher than him either

No, but he has more impressive feats of fighting against skilled opponents who are at least around his level of physicality.

Spiderman defeated Bucky and Falcon who are clearly below him physically. Got defeated by Captain America. Almost lost against Vulture who isn't even superhuman. Lost the first time against Mysterio and only defeated him later on by using prep.

He has some pretty great strength and speed feats but he seems to have trouble applying these to a fight.

If a guy like Vulture can give him a fight then Yulaw is definitely not a sure win for him.

HulkIsHulk

HulkIsHulk
The more and more you post, the more it seems like for you its less supporting Yulaw and more bashing Spider Man.
Whatever

TheVaultDweller

FrothByte
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
The more and more you post, the more it seems like for you its less supporting Yulaw and more bashing Spider Man.
Whatever

Well yes, because I never claimed Yulaw wins. All I'm saying is that I don't think Spiderman wins this as easily as you guys think because I feel like you're focusing too much on singular feats of Spiderman and neglecting how he performs in fights.

It's not about bashing Spiderman but about being honest with his fight performances.

HulkIsHulk

Surtur
Vulture isn't superhuman that is accurate. He is like Iron Man in that aspect. But they are capable of fighting superhumans via technology.

Anyways, Spidey wins this fight.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.