Warrior Madness Thor vs World War Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
Classic Thor with WM vs WW Hulk, who takes it?

carthage
Hulk bends him over

wxyz
Hulk one shots him.

Insane Titan

BruceSkywalker
WWH maims, kills, etc

zopzop
Hulk kills him. Warrior Madness Thor fought like an idiot ignoring his more exotic powers and just brawling. We've seen what happens when Thor and Hulk throw hands, it ends in tears for Thor.

h1a8
This would be a good fight. I don't think WW Hulk is significantly more than 10x stronger than classic Thor. If I had to guess then I would say WW Hulk is about 3-5x stronger than classic Thor. Hulk has a healing factor though and that's what makes this a decent fight.

lawest9
Originally posted by zopzop
Hulk kills him. Warrior Madness Thor fought like an idiot ignoring his more exotic powers and just brawling. We've seen what happens when Thor and Hulk throw hands, it ends in tears for Thor. It's a pride thing with Thor, it's hard for him to accept that Hulk is stronger than him, so he has to prove it to himself that he can match or exceed Hulk.

Booya_69
Ww hulk takes this. WM Thor would be ridiculously strong, but the lack of reasoning and berserker nature costs him the fight.

carver9
They already fought. Well, not World War Hulk but it was Professor Hulk and PH had the advantage.

lawest9
Originally posted by carver9
They already fought. Well, not World War Hulk but it was Professor Hulk and PH had the advantage. Did Thor have WM?

Stoic
They already fought. Well, not World War Hulk but it was Professor Hulk and PH had the advantage.

That wasn't Warrior Madness, just an extremely pissed off Thor. Warrior Madness Thor fought Thanos.

Booya_69

h1a8
If WM means 10x Thor then this isn't easy for WWH.

Stoic
Of course it wouldn't be easy, WW Hulk is the Green Scar that has a hard limit placed upon him. He's only as strong as his strongest showing of the WW Hulk arc. So let's play pretend that he couldn't actually exceed that level, even though we know that he could.

lawest9
Hercules temporarily ko'ed WWH for a few seconds, how much more can a WM Thor do?

carver9
Originally posted by Stoic
That wasn't Warrior Madness, just an extremely pissed off Thor. Warrior Madness Thor fought Thanos.

Read this and tell me what it say and yes, that green skin you see is Hulk. You should probably ask next time before assuming or sounding like you're right.

https://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111113173/5365662-thor%20warrior%27s%20madness.jpg

carver9
Lol... you all are talking about the wrong fight and its funny AF.

carver9
Also, around this time around fighting the Hulk, he even mentions WM again...

https://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111113173/5365675-2376079975-ThorW.jpg

CosmicComet
Thor looked terrible in the 90s

lawest9
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Thor looked terrible in the 90s Speaking of Thor looking terrible in an given decade...............I think after the mid 70's it all began to go downhill from there.

CosmicComet
I think his chain mail look was great. Better than his silver age look.

lawest9
Originally posted by CosmicComet
I think his chain mail look was great. Better than his silver age look. And much more realistic as well, imagine a person who is suppose to be an ancient norae God wearing his underwear on the outside like Superman and other heroes, really hilarious if you think on it deep enough.

Philosophía
How deep are we talking about?

lawest9
Just the overall appearance, with so many of them it's just a ridiculous look for a superhero, but for someone professing to be a God it just looks too comical.

DarkSaint85
Lawest wants them to be period accurate.

Which is to say, naked Berserker Thor

Philosophía
https://i1.wp.com/www.ancient.eu/img/r/p/750x750/2876.jpg

lawest9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Lawest wants them to be period accurate.

Which is to say, naked Berserker Thor Lol, the chain mail look was a realistic appearance for Thor.

abhilegend
Also, around this time around fighting the Hulk, he even mentions WM again...

https://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111113173/5365675-2376079975-ThorW.jpg
That's after the fight happened. He fought Adam Warlock in warrior madness too.

Thor never gained 10 times the strength from "warrior madness".

lawest9
It's generally accepted from info comic and media info sources that Thor's strength does increase ten fold when the WM is upon him.

Proper_
Hulk throughout WWH demonstrated that he controlled and limited his power, that he was not a "monster"/killer. so of course he's not going to allow himself to reach those "limits" (infinite = no measurable limits, of course).

Thor in 1 instance couldn’t even get close to hulk because of the gamma he was releasing. You can also factor in savage hulk who can regularly beat up planet Busters, cause Thanos to avoid a conflict if need be, shatter dimensions by clapping, resist the power of a black hole, break planets by stepping on them, survive barrages by Skyfathers, knock out dimension Lords, casually resist energies that are 10x+ Earth-shattering, tank Johnny supernova attack’s, Scott’s full power eye beams which in the past stated to destroy small planets. WWH is above all that lol.

h1a8
Originally posted by Proper_
Hulk throughout WWH demonstrated that he controlled and limited his power, that he was not a "monster"/killer. so of course he's not going to allow himself to reach those "limits" (infinite = no measurable limits, of course).

Thor in 1 instance couldn’t even get close to hulk because of the gamma he was releasing. You can also factor in savage hulk who can regularly beat up planet Busters, cause Thanos to avoid a conflict if need be, shatter dimensions by clapping, resist the power of a black hole, break planets by stepping on them, survive barrages by Skyfathers, knock out dimension Lords, casually resist energies that are 10x+ Earth-shattering, tank Johnny supernova attack’s, Scott’s full power eye beams which in the past stated to destroy small planets. WWH is above all that lol.

That's good to know. Forum rules is that only WWH feats can be used when WWH is mentioned. In other words, WWH fights holding back and cannot exceed the strength shown in WWH.

carver9
Originally posted by h1a8
That's good to know. Forum rules is that only WWH feats can be used when WWH is mentioned. In other words, WWH fights holding back and cannot exceed the strength shown in WWH.

Pr outright said weaker versions of Hulk can be used for WWH. Stop lying.

deft
Probably Hulk, more smarter and tactician.

h1a8
Pr outright said weaker versions of Hulk can be used for WWH. Stop lying.
Why use weaker versions for a version that's holding back? How would that help Hulk?

carver9
Why use weaker versions for a version that's holding back? How would that help Hulk?

Why not be able to use Hulk weaker self when compared to his powered up self? Youre just trying to limit the character.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Proper_

Uh-huh. Pretty sure Thor has some good feats too. Rage?

h1a8
Why not be able to use Hulk weaker self when compared to his powered up self? Youre just trying to limit the character. Using a weaker Hulk doesn't help WWH, especially when WWH is holding back.

StiltmanFTW
Hulk eats him.

krisblaze
Carter, he specifically mentions how he can't use it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
https://i.postimg.cc/hzb1jjGQ/RCO014-1583402896.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/QK8kW3B4/RCO015-1583402896.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/0rPC4ptY/RCO021-1583402896.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/8s4bgj3q/RCO022-1583402896.jpg

Thor's Rage > Hulk's

On a serious note, Mjolnir has grown so OP, Thor could call Mjolnir back and it would blast right through Hulk's head.

When Thor was descending into Warrior Madness and fought Gravage Hulk (Basically WWH pre-Sakaar), his hits were shattering bones IIRC, but now, Mjolnir hits should be taking apart limbs and shit tbh.

abhilegend
Surtur is just a jobber, ain't he?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Lol, imagine calling Surtur a jobber.

abhilegend
Why not?

StiltmanFTW
Rage must be pretty high if he thinks any of these norwegian dolts and related creatures are respected in any shape or form on this forum.

Diesldude
Read this and tell me what it say and yes, that green skin you see is Hulk. You should probably ask next time before assuming or sounding like you're right.

https://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111113173/5365662-thor%20warrior%27s%20madness.jpg . What is it with you lot? Post the entire page.

Stoic man, you going to let carver of all people talk down to you like this?

Stoic

https://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111113173/5365662-thor%20warrior%27s%20madness.jpg

Diesl, I'm partially with Carver, because at one time I argued the very same thing that he is now stating. However, at that time there was an outlier that seemed to all but overturn the notion that it was true Warrior's Madness that Thor was in. If anyone is able to challenge Carver's claim, render it, or Carver's claim holds a boatload of weight.

The Hulk kept pace with Thor during that fight, and at times appeared to overtake Thor's strength level.

Carver do you have scans of the fight? Can you post them?

krisblaze
A curious warrior madness then, that Thor was able to instantly exit...

Stoic
Originally posted by krisblaze
A curious warrior madness then, that Thor was able to instantly exit...

Did he?

krisblaze
He was back to himself after Hulk punched him into the air and the nuke detonated.

Rage.Of.Olympus

abhilegend

StiltmanFTW
Thor is a 70 years old character only if we include his Venus appearances, which are generally omitted.

Even if we count those, he basically spent a whole decade doing nothing in the MU... so why would it matter?

And why exactly should it apply to Surtur again...? Who, unlike Thor, has had no Golden Age appearances, to my knowledge?

DarkSaint85
Surtur appeared in 1963/64.

carver9
Using a weaker Hulk doesn't help WWH, especially when WWH is holding back.

Even while holding back, WWH was still mentioned as being the strongest Hulk ever. Black Panther was still saying his power is infinite. The Xmen was still saying his power was infinite. I know a way you would understand. Imagine current Superman holding back all of his power but is still being portrayed as being far more poeerful than his Post Crisis, going all out self. Would you be able to use his fts from his weaker self even though his current self is far more powerful? Common sense H1.

carver9
He was back to himself after Hulk punched him into the air and the nuke detonated.

Doesn't change that he was in Warrior Madness then. The panel states it. Even while in Warrior Madness, Hulk was able to overpower him with one hand and this entire time, Hulk was holding back and weakened due to a shard being in his brain.

krisblaze
Doesn't change that he was in Warrior Madness then. The panel states it. Even while in Warrior Madness, Hulk was able to overpower him with one hand and this entire time, Hulk was holding back and weakened due to a shard being in his brain.
Also states that Thor didn't even feel Hulk's punch.
I guess he held back too much smile

carver9
Also states that Thor didn't even feel Hulk's punch.
I guess he held back too much smile

Panels before he was screaming out he wanted to kill Hulk, eyes red, etc... while Hulk was telling him to leave, a Nuke is on the way. Go!!! One is obviously holding back while the other isn't. Hulk punched him away to bfr him from the nuke, not hurt or kill him. As soon as Hulk punched him some distance, the Nuke hit.

Diesldude

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Surtur appeared in 1963/64.

One year after Thor's normal first appearance in JiM, correct.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by abhilegend
You mean like getting stomped by Thor doesn't turn you into a joke? Or getting your tongue cut off?

laughing out loud

Thor himself isn't 70 years old in comics and suddenly Surtur is.

Surtur got done beating up Asgard, then Thor handed him his ass. His rage was too much. Thor showing ridiculous dynamic strength really pisses you off I know.

57 years old. The point was that most villains who have been around that long have been completely and utterly embarrassed on repeated occasions.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Thor is a 70 years old character only if we include his Venus appearances, which are generally omitted.

Even if we count those, he basically spent a whole decade doing nothing in the MU... so why would it matter?

And why exactly should it apply to Surtur again...? Who, unlike Thor, has had no Golden Age appearances, to my knowledge? Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Surtur appeared in 1963/64. Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

One year after Thor's normal first appearance in JiM, correct.

I would not count Thor's appearances prior to JIM. So, 58 years for Thor.

Thanks for the team effort guys. thumb up

abhilegend
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Surtur literally got done beating up Asgard, then Thor handed him his ass. His rage was too much. Thor showing ridiculous dynamic strength really pisses you off I know.

57 years old. The point was that most villains who have been around that long have been completely and utterly embarrassed on repeated occasions.
You mean like Thor stomping his ass, like that kind of embarrassment?

Its funny how Thor can beat anyone and its a high feat for Thor, eh?

abhilegend

Surtur has basically 70 odd appearances.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Surtur_(Earth-616)

He has basically two noteworthy showings (Simonson arc and Everything Burns). Other than that he is just a jobber.

Rage.Of.Olympus
You mean like Thor stomping his ass, like that kind of embarrassment?

Its funny how Thor can beat anyone and its a high feat for Thor, eh?

Thor and Odin barely made Surtur retreat the first fight. The second fight, Surtur beat Odin and Asgard, barely. The third fight, Thor beat his ass solo.

Exactly. Stick to arguing with Carver. Bullying Hulk fans who take the slow bus to school is more your speed. smile

P.S. You're the only one who thinks a high showing for character X in Marvel, is automatically a low showing for character Y.

Bro, you make posts preemptively about Thor's feats before you've even read the issue LOL. Why do Thor feats keep you up at night so much? Superman is doing great champ. thumb up If this is rough, wait until DC goes more far left, and Wonder Woman starts beating up Superman in mainstream continuity. That's when things will get tough.

StiltmanFTW

58 for Thor, 57 for Surtur.

So where the hell did this come from?

One Big Mob

You got him good, he was 12 years off when throwing out numbers from the top of his head. If it was even 69 years then Rage has no point and should kill himself imo.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Lol SMH.

I apologize Stilt. I'm a terrible human being for remembering JIM at 1953 off the top of my head, and not 1963.

abhilegend
Thor and Odin barely made Surtur retreat the first fight. The second fight, Surtur beat Odin and Asgard, barely. The third fight, Thor beat his ass solo.

Even in the first fight Thor beats Surtur .

https://s6.postimg.cc/p46x172i9/The_Rage_of_Thor_002.jpg
https://s6.postimg.cc/b9414zipd/The_Rage_of_Thor_003.jpg
https://s6.postimg.cc/dpafwkq5t/The_Rage_of_Thor_004.jpg

Odin and Surtur look barely top tier there.

I've made my KMC career making Thorbags like you cry ragey boy.

laughing out loud

laughing out loud

Superman isn't Thor, keep on dreaming boy.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by One Big Mob
You got him good, he was 12 years off when throwing out numbers from the top of his head. If it was even 69 years then Rage has no point and should kill himself imo.

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Lol SMH.

I apologize Stilt. I'm a terrible human being for remembering JIM at 1953 off the top of my head, and not 1963.

Okay.

I thought he also had some odd, forgotten appearances in Venus or something like that.

Weird as it is, that book is still considered canon and gets mentioned in handbooks.

Rage.Of.Olympus
No, sorry bro. And it is weird that those are still counted....

Even in the first fight Thor beats Surtur .

https://s6.postimg.cc/p46x172i9/The_Rage_of_Thor_002.jpg
https://s6.postimg.cc/b9414zipd/The_Rage_of_Thor_003.jpg
https://s6.postimg.cc/dpafwkq5t/The_Rage_of_Thor_004.jpg

Odin and Surtur look barely top tier there.

Thor didn't beat him. I give credit where it is due. It took both Thor and Odin to drive him back.

Anyways, this is pointless. You called Surtur a jobber. Pretty hilarious when you defend Darkseid, the meme jobber king.

abhilegend

Thor didn't beat him. I give credit where it is due. It took both Thor and Odin to drive him back.

Anyways, this is pointless. You called Surtur a jobber. Pretty hilarious when you defend Darkseid, the meme jobber king.
Even Darkseid never gets beaten by Superman without first injuring himself with omega beams.

Thor tapped Surtur's ass like Surtur was you.

StiltmanFTW

It is... and it isn't.

Unlike DC, Marvel doesn't hard-reset their continuity every once in a while. Golden Age still happened.

Venus resurfaced in the modern era thanks to Jeff Parker and his numerous Agents of Atlas books, which included several other Golden Age characters.

https://i.ibb.co/t8z2HN8/tupdt01.png

DarkSaint85

thumb up so you made a mistake with years; you're now the worst phucking liar ever,and I hate you

krisblaze
Rage is officially thrown out of the Thor corps, and can no longer call himself a thorbag.

1953...smh...that shit is unforgivable!

lawest9
Can anyone post a scan of the 1951 Thor?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by lawest9
Can anyone post a scan of the 1951 Thor?

https://i.ibb.co/DYjS5wc/thor1950.png

1950, actually.

As the handbook is actually wrong --- his first appearance was in Venus #11, not #12.

lawest9
https://i.ibb.co/DYjS5wc/thor1950.png

1950, actually.

As the handbook is actually wrong --- his first appearance was in Venus #11, not #12. Thank you, I hope they're not considering this Thor canon.

StiltmanFTW
Thank you, I hope they're not considering this Thor canon.

He is canon.

The whole Golden Age of Marvel is canon.

It was just way different.

His appearance in the next issue was a bit closer to the Thor we know from JiM:

https://i.ibb.co/KXkSSVJ/thor1951a.png

https://i.ibb.co/SfGcdV8/thor1951b.png

lawest9
Lol............

Damborgson
This has a very classic vibe to it.

Thor can't beat the Hulk while he's in this mindset. He'd brawl and lose in the long run.

Power Gem Thor would tap that ass of course.

lawest9
He really wouldn't need the power gem, Thor ordinarily has a number of power that he can defeat Hulk with but chose to fight him like a brick due to pride over who's stronger, I don't remember Hulk ever being hit with the God blast.

Philosophía
madness

carver9
He really wouldn't need the power gem, Thor ordinarily has a number of power that he can defeat Hulk with but chose to fight him like a brick due to pride over who's stronger, I don't remember Hulk ever being hit with the God blast.

Hush

lawest9
Hush Lol.................

StiltmanFTW
Lol............

Marvel deities have had many different forms over the years.

Thor wasted more than a decade in complete obscurity with a few appearances. So he got a complete makeover in JiM.

lawest9
Marvel deities have had many different forms over the years.

Thor wasted more than a decade in complete obscurity with a few appearances. So he got a complete makeover in JiM. Yea..........Marvel is simply a mess.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.