Which of these characters can one shot a planet with pure physical force

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Sentry
Superman
Thor (no Mjolnir)
Thanos
Wonder Woman
Hulk
Shazam
Gladiator

-can't be assisted
-no amps

https://i.postimg.cc/4Y60hBqJ/61b6d7e60e8d734834b2487efccbaf87.jpg

wxyz
I would say all of them minus Wonder Woman and Thor (no Mjolnir).

spetznaz

carver9
None of them tbh.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by carver9
None of them tbh.

Didn't Superman do so recently whilst almost dead?

MrMind
all of them could given the circumstance

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Didn't Superman do so recently whilst almost dead? Nah, bruh. Only WBH can destroy a planet.

h1a8
Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
Sentry
Superman
Thor (no Mjolnir)
Thanos
Wonder Woman
Hulk
Shazam
Gladiator

-can't be assisted
-no amps

https://i.postimg.cc/4Y60hBqJ/61b6d7e60e8d734834b2487efccbaf87.jpg

Only Superman and WBH can going by feats and not what we want to be true.

None of them tbh.
So Superman jumping off a planet very weak didn't happen?
What about Superman breaking those chains?

krisblaze
Only Superman.

Diesldude
Only Superman

-Pr-
Destroying a planet isn't what it used to be, so tbh, I could see half of them doing it without it surprising me.

Philosophía
Superman and maybe Thanos. The rest no chance.

carver9
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Nah, bruh. Only WBH can destroy a planet.

Oooooorrrrrr... we could be talking about a planet like Earth AAAANNNNNDDDD a planet that doesn't consist of context. With that said, none of them can.

krisblaze
Originally posted by -Pr-
Destroying a planet isn't what it used to be, so tbh, I could see half of them doing it without it surprising me.
Fair enough, I wouldn't be surprised if any of them managed the feat.

-Pr-
Oooooorrrrrr... we could be talking about a planet like Earth AAAANNNNNDDDD a planet that doesn't consist of context. With that said, none of them can.

You keep using the word "context" wrong. Please stop.

Enzeru
Sentry, Thanos and Metafictional Joke Character Superman can. The others can't.

I'm going by how it took Gladiator a couple of punches to destroy a massive and sturdy planet. Maybe a regular planet would have been a goner after just one punch, but let's just say it wouldn't have. Thor (with Mjolnir) also shattered a planet in his fight against Gorr, but it didn't happen after his very first attack IIRC.

So if high heralds can destroy a planet with physical force alone, but it takes them a while... you could use scaling to make the argument, that characters transcending the high herald level should be able to one shot planets, if they went all out.

Superman is a special example, since ... besides the fact that it took him 90 years to destroy a planet... he didn't one-shot a planet. He was jumping and jumping and jumping and pretty much doing what the Bride was doing to her coffin in Kill Bill. What speaks for Superman is that he was weakened. So a well rested and nourished Metafictional Joke Character Superman should be able to one-shot a planet, when he has to do it and save the day. On average I'd argue against Superman having such power, even if it's just due to mental restraints.

Argon123
All of them, except Wonder Woman and Thor. Planets can be as small as Mercury, which is only a few times bigger than the moon.

MrMind
Gladiator has done stuffs similar before

I doubt on sentry

Thor def can if he can access godblast

Depends on how angry is hulk

Thanus can do it easily

I'm pretty confident on DC side

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by Enzeru
He was jumping and jumping and jumping and pretty much doing what the Bride was doing to her coffin in Kill Bill. Lol

tkitna
Originally posted by MrMind

I doubt on sentry

I dont. Its only a moon, but you get the point.

https://i.imgur.com/WijvBz0.jpg

MrMind
Tkitna is enzeru's sock

tkitna
Tkitna is enzeru's sock

And you are my *****

h1a8
Sentry, Thanos and Metafictional Joke Character Superman can. The others can't.

I'm going by how it took Gladiator a couple of punches to destroy a massive and sturdy planet. Maybe a regular planet would have been a goner after just one punch, but let's just say it wouldn't have. Thor (with Mjolnir) also shattered a planet in his fight against Gorr, but it didn't happen after his very first attack IIRC.

So if high heralds can destroy a planet with physical force alone, but it takes them a while... you could use scaling to make the argument, that characters transcending the high herald level should be able to one shot planets, if they went all out.

Superman is a special example, since ... besides the fact that it took him 90 years to destroy a planet... he didn't one-shot a planet. He was jumping and jumping and jumping and pretty much doing what the Bride was doing to her coffin in Kill Bill. What speaks for Superman is that he was weakened. So a well rested and nourished Metafictional Joke Character Superman should be able to one-shot a planet, when he has to do it and save the day. On average I'd argue against Superman having such power, even if it's just due to mental restraints.

Then you disagree with the superman chain feat or some of his other ridiculous feats?

Originally posted by krisblaze
Fair enough, I wouldn't be surprised if any of them managed the feat.
This isn't what would happen in a comic. But does the character have the capability according to their feats. Superman has feats more than billions of times that of achieving this feat. WBH does too. No one else though.

So a character that has exerted more than billions of times more force capable of achieving the goal can't? And why can't WBH? He's Hulk isn't he?

Only Superman and certain versions of Hulk actually has feats that say they can. Remember, this isn't about whether we be surprised if it happened in a comic or not but based solely off feats (nothing more) can any of these characters do it.

h1a8

-Pr-
Originally posted by h1a8
Only Superman and certain versions of Hulk actually has feats that say they can. Remember, this isn't about whether we be surprised if it happened in a comic or not but based solely off feats (nothing more) can any of these characters do it.

Which is why I prefaced my post the way I did.

And I still think several of them could do it under certain circumstances.

MrMind
Originally posted by tkitna
And you are my *****

Ask the mod to run an IP check then

Booya_69

StiltmanFTW

They aren't the same.

Tkitna is old and bitter.

Enze is young and still dreaming.

-Pr-
That and we don't run IP checks willy nilly. If you think someone is a sock, you ask the mods. You don't ***** about it in threads.

tkitna
Thanos has 0 feats supporting that he can destroy a planet with a single punch.

Except for smacking around characters that can.

tkitna

Just saw PRs response

tkitna
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
They aren't the same.

Tkitna is old and bitter.

Enze is young and still dreaming.

thumb up

MrMind
3 posts in a row, has dementia kicked in yet derpzeru

Damborgson

abhilegend
I dont. Its only a moon, but you get the point.

https://i.imgur.com/WijvBz0.jpg
That's inside Bob's mind.

tkitna
Originally posted by abhilegend

He's a reality warper that created his own dimension.

h1a8
Originally posted by Damborgson
Thats kind of what I was leaning towards.

You think Thanos can one shot a planet? By what feats?

Except for smacking around characters that can.

He didn't smack around characters that can because only WBH can in the marvel universe can. Even if he did, then the conclusion doesn't follow. Cap knocked around a character who actually one shot Ted a planet.

WBH and Superman are the only ones that can.

Besides Superman and Hulk? Punch a planet ONCE and it becomes destroyed? Which ones and what are the conditions?

Stoic
Superman, Sentry, Thanos, Hulk.

abhilegend
He's a reality warper that created his own dimension.
No, it was Dr Strange who created it in his mind. Its useless to argue as a feat.

carver9
Originally posted by Stoic
Superman, Sentry, Thanos, Hulk.

Beta Ray Bill destroyed 2 planets in one serious with a single hit. There are some people that hit harder here.

-Pr-
You think Thanos can one shot a planet? By what feats?

He didn't smack around characters that can because only WBH can in the marvel universe can. Even if he did, then the conclusion doesn't follow. Cap knocked around a character who actually one shot Ted a planet.

WBH and Superman are the only ones that can.

Besides Superman and Hulk? Punch a planet ONCE and it becomes destroyed? Which ones and what are the conditions?

The OP didn't say specifically that they were just standing there and punched it. It says one strike.

Far as I'm concerned, flying through it at close to the speed of light would probably count too... unless "assisted" means no flight for some reason.

carver9
Beta Ray Bill destroyed 2 planets in one serious with a single hit. There are some people that hit harder here.

Meant to say series.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Meant to say series.

That was done with stormbreaker though...

carver9
That was done with stormbreaker though...

Truuuuu, but, we also have this.

https://i.imgur.com/4oCGUki.jpg

https://m.imgur.com/k5mtSX2

Enzeru

AlbertoJohnAvil
@Enzeru, Pretty much.

Philosophía
Thanos has 0 feats supporting that he can destroy a planet with a single punch. Remember, this isn't who can destroy a planet with physical force but rather, who can do it WITH A SINGLE STRIKE.
WBH can (not Professor Hulk). If he had a feat where he did it in a single strike, I wouldn't have said maybe. But, considering Thanos is historically the guy who slaps around all of the big Marvel guns , I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

If you really want an approximation, it's not a single strike or by his lonesome:
https://imgur.com/a/OCWOFNW

And if you want to eyeball on how Thanos sits in relation to the regular Marvel heroes, and not just watch him 1v1 slaughter them, go read Blood & Thunder for scaling.

Insane Titan

h1a8

Insane Titan
Slapping around guys that can barely lift a mountain doesn't mean anything. No one that Thanos slapped can one punch a planet. No one in the Marvel universe can except certain versions of Hulk (like WBH). By planet, I'm referring to Earth size or larger.

The Thanos/Drax feat is a decent feat but astronomically below one shotting a planet with a single blow. Why? The planet destroyed itself once it was wrenched from its normal ebbs and tides (from the fight) which created an instability. And it was done with help from Drax. So Thanos gets half the feat. And if they both achieved the feat directly (didn't create an instability) then the feat is still a little less than one punch shattering it.

Thanos didn't get much stronger since he has no feats above that.
That's like Superman lifting a million tons and later is stated to be stronger and maxes out at a thousand tons. If Thanos is stronger than that (I disagree) then he's not much stronger. Shut up you complete and utter clown. It was stated on panel death augmented his power greatly, so you think she only upgraded his EP or durability!

He punched Thane through a planet destroying it in the process you sad troll. Pre death Thanos was having to put work in to put Thor down physically, post upgrade he floors him in one shot. Read some comics you moron.

Stoic
The Hulk has a power set that allows writers to write him above planetary levels of strength. Thanos was just toying with a Phoenix Avatar who could destroy planets with ease. Lol at Thanos being a mere mountain crusher.

AlbertoJohnAvil
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud Dude said Thanos didn't get much stronger since then. Never seen somebody THAT ignorant

Rage.Of.Olympus
https://i.postimg.cc/PP7S8dzK/RCO012-1583411169.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/rd1jbx6Y/RCO013-1583411169.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/gx6NV1gp/RCO014-1583411169.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/S2mdpRkQ/RCO015-1583411169.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/zLZp0pQg/RCO016-1583411169.jpg

Thanos vs. Phoenix Force Thane.

Philosophía
Slapping around guys that can barely lift a mountain doesn't mean anything. No one that Thanos slapped can one punch a planet. No one in the Marvel universe can except certain versions of Hulk (like WBH). By planet, I'm referring to Earth size or larger.

The Thanos/Drax feat is a decent feat but astronomically below one shotting a planet with a single blow. Why? The planet destroyed itself once it was wrenched from its normal ebbs and tides (from the fight) which created an instability. And it was done with help from Drax. So Thanos gets half the feat. And if they both achieved the feat directly (didn't create an instability) then the feat is still a little less than one punch shattering it. Thanos is not 50% of Thanos + Drax. It's like saying The Rock is 50% of The Rock + Justin Bieber. Drax couldn't even withstand the planet's explosion.

Sure, I can't give you a feat of Thanos slapping guys who one-shot planets, because nobody has one-shotted a planet, otherwise this would not be a thread. It's even harder to find the Earth itself -- and the thread is not about Earth, but planet in general.

But, if you insist on mountains..
https://i.imgur.com/Rgz4PAH.jpeg

How many strikes would you say it took Gladiator here? I assume you'd say even accounting for the number of blows, this is above 'mountain level', no?

I'm trying to remove any other variable to make it as clean as possible. So no momentum, no energy -- just strictly punching/hitting from a standing position. But -- then again, the thread didn't specify that you can't use flight/momentum, either.

cdtm
Originally posted by abhilegend

If Sentry does it, Thor does it even easier.

Since Thor beat the crap out of Sentry.

Stoic
Originally posted by cdtm
If Sentry does it, Thor does it even easier.

Since Thor beat the crap out of Sentry.

Bob can imagine a Sentry in one instance as a Sentry that operates at high Herald levels (i.e the Hyperion's, Shazam's, Blue Marvel, Zod, Thor etc within that weight class). Consider how long each would be able to restrain a Cube Being as the Sentry did for example. They would all last for roughly the same amount of time. While in the next instance, Bob (due to his condition) can imagine a Sentry capable of reversing the Molecule Man's powers, and Owen is crazy powerful.

Sentry treated Thor like a full adult male would treat an infant. Sentry can be far above Galactus even. Imagine Molecule Man vs Galactus. Owen would stomp. The Sentry depends on Bob's day to day perception of reality. Top End Sentry destroys planets with the power of a million stars, which was later downgraded to 1,000 stars.

The Plutonian? Lol.

h1a8

AlbertoJohnAvil
https://i.postimg.cc/vx1bJt8c/sha.gif

MrMind
need to get a ****ing hooker

100 bucks short

celeyhyga17
https://i.gifer.com/QQ9w.gif

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
https://i.gifer.com/QQ9w.gif

You took a few days off.

And we've already mythbusted more of Thor's strength feats.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
You took a few days off.

And we've already mythbusted more of Thor's strength feats.
really, which ones were mythbusted in the first place?

StiltmanFTW
All of them.

durthor

celeyhyga17
if it's anything like the multiversal punch mythbust then it has some legs. if nowhere near, it's a waste of time

TheHulkster
Why is the number of strikes relevant here when y'all argued that planet smashing doesn't work that way? Was that just some nonsense tossed out when I pointed out that it takes 50 plus jumps for Superman to smash that planet?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by TheHulkster
Why is the number of strikes relevant here when y'all argued that planet smashing doesn't work that way? Was that just some nonsense tossed out when I pointed out that it takes 50 plus jumps for Superman to smash that planet?

Exactly! I mean, if I tap a brick 1,000 times, it doesn't add up and suddenly smash the brick apart on the 1000th tap.....

Not that it took 50jumps for Superman to do so, but that's a different argument evil face

Rage.Of.Olympus
OP specified doing it from a standstill and no flying through.
I meant Professor Hulk when I mentioned smacked around. I don't recall Thanos smacking Gladiator around.

Phoenix avatar has no feats of being able to one shot a planet with a single blow.

Post the scan of Thanos punching someone through a planet and therefore destroying the planet. That will most certainly prove that Thanos can one shot a planet.

And showings >>>>statements when both contradict each other

The Phoenix can easily crush planets in its wake.

I posted the scans above.

Enzeru
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

Exactly! I mean, if I tap a brick 1,000 times, it doesn't add up and suddenly smash the brick apart on the 1000th tap.....

I don't feel like that's a good comparison.
My comparison was to the one in Kill Bill, where the Bride is trapped in a coffin six feet under and continues to one-inch-punch the coffin until it breaks.

Superman wasn't love-tapping the ground beneath him. He was constantly jumping off and crashing back to it. And then in the end, when he went fully out, he succeeded.
And I'm not saying that to discredit anything Superman has done in that comic. I'm saying it, because it was interesting and left questions open:

- Did Superman pre-destabilize the planet with all of his jumps?
- Would Superman have destroyed it, if his very first jump was the one jump to jump them all?
- If Superman was getting progressively weaker due to the lack of sunlight and exertion, did his mentally blocked power reserves kick in at that point? How else would have he been able to do something he wasn't able to do when he was fresher? You don't lift weights for an hour and then have the most strength during your last exercise.
- Is Supermans physical damage output more potent than his energy damage output? One would think so considering how little damage Superman caused, when he released all of his energy and became almost powerless for weeks.
- Was all of that purely biological (how Superman stores and exerts sun energy) and physical, or did it again devolve to the "Superman is a metafictional joke character, who HAS to win" themes?

Insane Titan

h1a8
I don't feel like that's a good comparison.
My comparison was to the one in Kill Bill, where the Bride is trapped in a coffin six feet under and continues to one-inch-punch the coffin until it breaks.

Superman wasn't love-tapping the ground beneath him. He was constantly jumping off and crashing back to it. And then in the end, when he went fully out, he succeeded.
And I'm not saying that to discredit anything Superman has done in that comic. I'm saying it, because it was interesting and left questions open:

- Did Superman pre-destabilize the planet with all of his jumps?
- Would Superman have destroyed it, if his very first jump was the one jump to jump them all?
- If Superman was getting progressively weaker due to the lack of sunlight and exertion, did his mentally blocked power reserves kick in at that point? How else would have he been able to do something he wasn't able to do when he was fresher? You don't lift weights for an hour and then have the most strength during your last exercise.
- Is Supermans physical damage output more potent than his energy damage output? One would think so considering how little damage Superman caused, when he released all of his energy and became almost powerless for weeks.
- Was all of that purely biological (how Superman stores and exerts sun energy) and physical, or did it again devolve to the "Superman is a metafictional joke character, who HAS to win" themes?

Comics sometimes act like cartoons. It's all about writer's intentions. Did the writer give any indication that Superman was damaging the planet in any way from each jump?

Note: Any jump that doesn't you into space does less than 0.000000001% damage to a planet.

h1a8

h1a8
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
The Phoenix can easily crush planets in its wake.

I posted the scans above.

Flying through a planet is not the same as punching it once and physically destroying it. This thread is about physical force, not energy projection, not flying through a planet, but one punching a planet.

Insane Titan

h1a8

Insane Titan

Stoic
need to get a ****ing hooker

100 bucks short

So even with Covid-19 running rampant, you'd risk it for the bicuit? Brave soul.

h1a8
Any high class 100 can punch someone inside a planet.
How does that mean Thanos can punch a planet once and destroy it?

Stoic

Thanos went through the planet as if it wasn't even there though. Then again you think he's at best a mountain crusher, you're wrong of course but whatever.

h1a8
Originally posted by Stoic
Thanos went through the planet as if it wasn't even there though. Then again you think he's at best a mountain crusher, you're wrong of course but whatever. I can believe that Thanos can't lift a pencil unless there is a feat to support it. That's still has nothing to do with shattering a planet with a single blow. Stop distracting from the thread.

Insane Titan
I can believe that Thanos can't lift a pencil unless there is a feat to support it. That's still has nothing to do with shattering a planet with a single blow. Stop distracting from the thread. Thanos ripped and lifted the Galactus engine from inside Ego the living planet. Sad troll.

Philosophía
OP specified doing it from a standstill and no flying through.
I meant Professor Hulk when I mentioned smacked around. I don't recall Thanos smacking Gladiator around. I didn't see it in his OP, and I really don't want to go to the trouble of clicking and reading more of his posts -- but I'll take your word for it. So standing still, no flying? That's hard. Again -- the best I can give you from him is against Drax destroying a planet in their fight. It's not exactly what you're seaching for -- but it's definitely the closest.

I gave you Gladiator dismembering a rock-like planet through extended throwing/striking different parts of it:
https://i.imgur.com/Rgz4PAH.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/fGMfJEM.jpeg

No matter how you slice it, unless Gladiator spent hours just throwing and smashing different parts of it and throwing it into space, that's still considerably above mountain level.

So, let me just ask you a few questions:
1). How strong do you think Gladiator is, compared to Thanos?
2). How strong do you think Gladiator is, compared to Thor?
3). How strong do you think Thanos is compared to Thor?
And finally..
4). How does Thanos' striking compare to Thor w/Mjolnir's striking?

AlbertoJohnAvil
And? We see the planet exploding AFTER Thanos is shown pushing Thabe completely through it.

Thanos didn't hit Thane through a planet. You lied. Thanos hit Thane inside the surface of the planet (we do not know how deep Thane would have gone) and pushed or hit Thane through the entire way.

How is that in anyway show that Thanos can stand on a planet and one punch it?

https://i.postimg.cc/PP7S8dzK/RCO012-1583411169.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/rd1jbx6Y/RCO013-1583411169.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/gx6NV1gp/RCO014-1583411169.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/S2mdpRkQ/RCO015-1583411169.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/zLZp0pQg/RCO016-1583411169.jpg

You're trying to add unseen actions to what we see happened. He drove him through the planet.
Thanos pushed Thane through a PLANET planet.

While Superman feat still counts, It was a little pocket dimension.
The "planet" was very small, you could see the curvature.

AlbertoJohnAvil

We don't see that happening here, nor do we see anything that suggests that's what's happening. Or even have a reason to believe that's what's happening.
Stop trolling.
We see Thanos throwing him down then driving him through the planet:

AlbertoJohnAvil
He throws him into the planet as I said. And drives him through it. Look at his body.:
https://i.postimg.cc/JDvn3qW1/Screenshot-282.png

It's in the EXACT same position:
https://i.postimg.cc/K4cSQLYb/tha.jpg

You are undoubtedly top tier in terms of ignorance, and terrible comprehension. You're def on my list now

h1a8
He throws him into the planet as I said. And drives him through it. Look at his body.:
https://i.postimg.cc/JDvn3qW1/Screenshot-282.png

It's in the EXACT same position:
https://i.postimg.cc/K4cSQLYb/tha.jpg

You are undoubtedly top tier in terms of ignorance, and terrible comprehension. You're def on my list now

I stated such. Where's your reading comprehension? The other poster tried to lie and said Thanos hit Thane through the planet as to prove that Thanos can one shot a planet with a punch.

Insane Titan

AlbertoJohnAvil
I stated such. Where's your reading comprehension? The other poster tried to lie and said Thanos hit Thane through the planet as to prove that Thanos can one shot a planet with a punch.

laughing out loud You're doing that thing where you're staying mitigating factors.
Thanos punched him into the planet and divebombed him through it. That's what happened. The how deep is irrelevant except to some niche point. It would be impossible to determine and again, irrelevant.

nortonek
Superman shook the entire phantom zone with his fight. What prevents Superman from destroying a single planet?

Phantom Zone is the size of a universe.

Diesldude

Diesldude
Thanos can do it also. He slaps around Thor and hulk on the regular.

MrMind
thanos is a fat little *****

AlbertoJohnAvil
@diesl

Um If you find a situation where that difference is useful, absolutely exploit it. I just can't think of any.
Not to mention that argument sounds super semantic-y

Thanos just caught up to Thane moving and kept driving him. So it's still one continuous drive through the planet, period.

Diesldude

TheHulkster
Originally posted by nortonek
Superman shook the entire phantom zone with his fight. What prevents Superman from destroying a single planet?

Phantom Zone is the size of a universe.

Apparently not portrayed as such in that issue:

https://ibb.co/QpMRJbT
https://ibb.co/1XJWhVt

lawest9
Originally posted by wxyz
I would say all of them minus Wonder Woman and Thor (no Mjolnir).

carver9

Nice catch

TheHulkster
Nice catch

Thanks bruh.

abhilegend

Superman being surprised by the size of it doesn't mean its small or only planet sized.

carver9
Superman was the one mentioning the Phantom Zone shaking, so him thinking and being surprised that it can hold the size of a planet of a planet is extremely important. Especially with those scans being around the time Zod, Zaar and Superman fought.

abhilegend
Superman was the one mentioning the Phantom Zone shaking, so him thinking and being surprised that it can hold the size of a planet of a planet is extremely important. Especially with those scans being around the time Zod, Zaar and Superman fought.
Even then it's size was still shown to be far bigger than just a planet.

Later Superman states that there is a universe inside phantom zone.

BrolyBlack

Astner
Sentry
Superman
Thor (no Mjolnir)
Thanos
Wonder Woman
Hulk
Shazam
Gladiator

-can't be assisted
-no amps

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.