Super Mario 3D All-Stars

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
You crazy ****s, you really did it.

CPJcaGWoO2c

"Three Mario adventures in one collection jumps on to Nintendo Switch! With HD visuals, take Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, and Super Mario Galaxy on the go in Super Mario 3D All-Stars. The collection arrives September 18 as a limited release until the end of March 2021."

BackFire
****ing real scummy to have this as a limited release. No reason whatsoever for that.

Ridley_Prime
Yeah. They seem to have a thing for creating artificial scarcity with certain collections.

Smasandian
Hahaha why it have limited? That makes no sense at all.

Maybe...I can understand the NES Mini...Or something that needs physical resources/manufacturing.

But software...that's complete bullshit. No reason at all unless it's for shitty business practices.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by BackFire
****ing real scummy to have this as a limited release. No reason whatsoever for that. Yeah it's awful.

...Despite that it's pretty shocking we're getting this at all, but I do agree, either give it to us for good or not at all, lol.

BackFire

Smasandian
They already released Super Mario 64 on the DS, Wii and Wii U.
They already released Super Mario Galaxy on the Wiu U.

Super Mario Sunshine is the only way that hasn't seen a second release.
But the idea that this shocking is silly....Nintendo has been re-releasing games for years.

Ridley_Prime
Some are upset at the lack of Galaxy 2 for this 3D collection, but I always liked the first one more. Yoshi in 2 was nice, but the sequel was pretty much glorified DLC before Nintendo knew what DLC was.

What I do mourn though is the extra content of Super Mario 64 DS, which looks like it'll just remain on the DS. Going back to SM64 with only the original 120 stars doesn't feel like the full game to me anymore.

Nemesis X
It doesn't surprise me they'd do that. It's not the first time. The Metroid Prime Trilogy? The Bayonetta collection on Wii U having Bayo 1 in the same standard box as Bayo 2 for a time before still shipping Bayo 2 but no longer with the first game? Nintendo's been doing that crap for awhile.

Smasandian
I was reading that it's not even remastered that much?

What a kick in the ass to fans. I was reading one sites press release and its like "oh it's been optimized for the Switch" as a selling feature..and I'm like "I better ****ing hope so".

Kazenji
Scalpers be like

https://media2.giphy.com/media/g0JP0HG6zF0o8/giphy.gif

cdtm
Originally posted by Smasandian

What a kick in the ass to fans. I was reading one sites press release and its like "oh it's been optimized for the Switch" as a selling feature..and I'm like "I better ****ing hope so".

And this is one reason why I haven't traded out my 360. And likely never will.

That, and the "Pro" business with MS and Sony. I keep thinking, what if I bought in early and had an original Xbox One or PS4? And then the Pro's come out, and thar becomes the new standard.

Its a slap on the face to early adapters. I mean, I spent 600 dollars on something that became obsolete in a few years, and the only way to get the "true experience" is by shelling out another 600.

**** that.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Smasandian

I mean, it's in HD, which is a huge improvement over the previous versions.

ares834
Originally posted by cdtm
And this is one reason why I haven't traded out my 360. And likely never will.

That, and the "Pro" business with MS and Sony. I keep thinking, what if I bought in early and had an original Xbox One or PS4? And then the Pro's come out, and thar becomes the new standard.

Its a slap on the face to early adapters. I mean, I spent 600 dollars on something that became obsolete in a few years, and the only way to get the "true experience" is by shelling out another 600.

**** that.

Welcome to the modern world.

cdtm
Originally posted by ares834
Welcome to the modern world.

Speak for yourself. I'm happily living in 1989-2008.

When games were complete; innovative, and fun, instead of the cut n' paste cash grab scams of today.

Arc the Lad Twight of the Spirits >>>>> any Final Fantasy, I highly recommend it.

Jmanghan
Speak for yourself. I'm happily living in 1989-2008.

When games were complete; innovative, and fun, instead of the cut n' paste cash grab scams of today.

Arc the Lad Twight of the Spirits >>>>> any Final Fantasy, I highly recommend it.

You put Arc the Lad over FF6 and FFT?...

cdtm
Originally posted by Jmanghan
You put Arc the Lad over FF6 and FFT?...

Yes for 6.

Tactics doesn't count.

Kazenji

Standard or not, I still haven't gone with the PS4 Pro...still using my basic PS4 and also i don't have a TV that has 4K. So it's a waste of money even if i did buy a Pro.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.