Tien vs Krillin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

abhilegend
Both till Semi Perfect Cell saga only. Who wins?

Galan007
Really comes down to Tri-Beam vs. Destructo Disc. Whichever connects first, wins.

That said, I'd favor the Destructo Discs every single time... Especially since Krillin can spam them mid-fight, and it doesn't take much energy at all for him to do so.

abhilegend
I don't think till Cell saga Krillin spammed destructo disks.

Who wins in a straight combat?

NotAllThatEvil
Tien is more a raw technique kinda fighter while krillin is more clever and tricky. I imagine krillin would get the upper hand more times than not

Galan007
Originally posted by abhilegend
I don't think till Cell saga Krillin spammed destructo disks.

Who wins in a straight combat? He first spammed disks during the Freeza saga:
https://i.ibb.co/59vdDP1/Dragon-Ball-c299-v25-p036-Full-Color-danke.jpg

Krillin should edge him out in straight combat.

StiltmanFTW
Such HQ scan. Me jelly.

Galan007
Colorized versions are available through the Freeza saga.

Still just the b&w rips after that, though. sad

cdtm
Kikoho can be dodged. That's why Tien didn't use it on Goku in their rematch.

Destructo disc by itself is pretty useless, but with Super skills Krillin would win pretty easily.

Here though, odds are Tien wins. More skills, with Krillins bag of tricks partly stolen from him. No real reason to think Krillin overpowers him at this point, with everyone having trained for the Cell Games.

Galan007
Tbf, it would be much harder to dodge DD spam, then it would be to dodge the Kikoho -- even 2nd form Freeza(who was like 13x more powerful than Krillin at the time) barely managed, and got his tail lopped off in the process.

Difference is that it takes Krillin a negligible amount of energy to create the Disks, whereas it takes everything Tien has to drop Kikohos.

cdtm
Tien should be able to copy the move. When he debuted, his thing was seeing a move once, then copying it at twice its power, as he did to Goku's Kamehameha.

Plus Freeza had his own version, so how hard can it be?

Galan007
Tien has never used a DD, so there's no reason to think he'd do so here.

abhilegend
OK, without destructo discs. Who wins?

Galan007
Krillin.

He has logically been the most powerful earthling since the Freeza saga(when Guru unlocked him.) Tien's Kikoho is really the only chance he has to win, imo.

Mendax
How strong do you think they were during the cell arc? Do you think their powerlevels would at least be close?

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Mendax
How strong do you think they were during the cell arc? Do you think their powerlevels would at least be close? Obviously, but not close enough as to where Krillin would lose, it depends on if we're taking manga or anime?

If it's manga, Krillin wins more often then not, if it's anime, Krillin has even more under his belt like taking on first-form Cell and actually forcing him to try.

Yes Tien pushed Cell down but it was an attack that was powerful enough to drain him of his life force if he used just ONE, then dude goes all out and uses 30 and it didn't even do that much damage, just kept forcing him down and therefore couldnt get up.

Galan007
Originally posted by Mendax
How strong do you think they were during the cell arc? Do you think their powerlevels would at least be close? Hard to say with any kind of certainty.

I mean, Yamcha and Tien both trained with King Kai after they died during the Saiyan saga(and during the Saiyan saga, their PLs were relatively close)... Fast-forward to the Android/Cell saga, and #19 & #20 originally mistook Yamcha's energy reading for Goku's -- and given that Gero had last recorded Goku during the Saiyan saga, it means Yamcha's PL could have been as high as 32,000, as that was Goku's max PL when he fought Vegeta.

So even if Tien was 2x Yamcha during the Android/Cell saga, it would 'only' put his PL around the 64,000 range. Flip side, Krillin's last recorded PL during the Freeza saga was canonically listed at 75,000 "and still rising." Then factor in his logical growth after training to fight the Androids for 3 years, and he was likely sitting above the 100,000 mark, imho.

So I don't think Tien would really be in Krillin's realm unless we could definitively say that he was at least 3x Yamcha during the Android/Cell saga... Which is pretty much impossible to prove, as his only real showing was using the Kikoho against Semi-Perfect Cell(which isn't indicative of his PL, as it obviously allows him to momentarily step WAAAY out of his weight class, at the expense of his own life.)

NotAllThatEvil
Friendly reminder that power levels were only introduced so that toriyama could point out how ineffective they were as opposed to actual energy sensing

Jmanghan
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
Friendly reminder that power levels were only introduced so that toriyama could point out how ineffective they were as opposed to actual energy sensing

Power levels matter if a character is at full power, they're literally a measure of how strong a character is compared to another character.

So if a guidebook or some shit decides "hey, this dude's power level at full power is 10,000,000" and some other guy's power level is 9,000,000 at full power, the 10,000,000 guy is going to win in a straight fight every time.

That doesn't mean people with lower power levels aren't capable of beating those with higher power levels.

Krillin for example is capable of taking out people way above his paygrade by using clever tactics and shit.

Galan007
PLs stopped mattering after the Namek saga, for the most part.

They'd still be an accurate measuring stick for the earthlings during the Cell saga, though... But even then it's mostly just speculation, because no canonical PLs were given after Namek.

cdtm
Originally posted by Galan007
Tien has never used a DD, so there's no reason to think he'd do so here.

Ok.

Doodompa then.

According to Roshi, the Kamehameha is "dog piss" compared to it. It goes right through them, and its pretty hard to avoid.

He can just rapid fire those off if Krillin tries to DD spam him.

Blakemore
I get the feeling krillen has the advantage but dodompe tribeam and other techniques tien has makes me think he might have the advantage.

Also krillen gets owned a lot.

One Big Mob
Krillin by statements. Tien by feats and probably logic too at this stage. All he does is train and that training allows him to do two things that make no sense even if he were hundreds to a thousand times stronger in the Semi-Perfect feat and him deflecting an attack meant to kill Gohan in Buutenks. If his training allows him to reach those levels of rubber band AI then he can probably one shot Krillin before he starts training and getting dommed by 18.

At base levels where Tien isn't straining his life, probably Krillin. Krillin doesn't really do anything in Z until training with 18 though, and he was shit in Dragon Ball far below Tien, so it's reliant entirely on statements from outside sources. His only real feats are beating Saibaman and Frieza henchmen. Gets big powerup, does nothing. Frieza's tail I guess, but doubtful Tien lets himself get hit by that.

Blakemore
Tien kikoko'd semi-perfect cell. Krillen couldn't even beat 18, his wife!

Galan007
Originally posted by One Big Mob
and him deflecting an attack meant to kill Gohan in Buutenks. Nah, that attack was meant to kill Dende and Mr. Satan.

Gets big powerup, does nothing. Frieza's tail I guess, but doubtful Tien lets himself get hit by that. I think Krillin has a much better chance doing some slicey dicey by spamming choppy chops, then Tien has dropping a Keykoehoe on him, tbh.

But yeah, I said from the start that Krillin is f*cked if a Tri-Beam hits home -- just like Tien is f*cked if a DD connects.

Blakemore
Tien was always seen as stronger. Krillen is still > Yamcha

NotAllThatEvil
Not necessarily. Yamcha, in the manga, said he is currently in the top 3 of earthlings. So if we count roshi who can go toe to toe with jiren and the androids as earthlings, then yamcha might leave the other two in the dust. He even has the feats to back it up as he survived the crossfire of two gods of destruction trying to blow eachother up and doing the better against moro's counselor than tien.

Just throwing that put there

Galan007
Originally posted by Blakemore
Tien was always seen as stronger. Tien hasn't been stronger than Krillin since the Saiyan saga.

NotAllThatEvil
Debatable

Galan007
Not really.

NotAllThatEvil
He's never portrayed as the strongest human. Without out of universe sources, I certainly wouldn't peg him as such. And we was only the strongest in the buu saga, so you could argue Tien holding cell down meant he was stronger for that one arc

Galan007
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
He's never portrayed as the strongest human. Without out of universe sources, I certainly wouldn't peg him as such. And we was only the strongest in the buu saga, so you could argue Tien holding cell down meant he was stronger for that one arc The out of universe sources are still canon, and are not sharply contradicted by any in-universe material. Not sure why they wouldn't be valid?

Krillin was retired from fighting all together when the Boo saga rolled around, while Tien had been training the entire time... Yet Krillin was still stated to be the strongest among the earthlings. IOW, if Krillin was still above Tien then, he would have certainly been stronger when he was actually training during the Cell saga.

Tien using the Kikoho against Semi-Perfect Cell is a gargantuan feat -- and like I've said a bunch of times now: IF it connected, Krillin is f*cked(same as if Tien gets hit by Krillin's DD.)

But if we're talking strictly power-levels(with massively haxx special attacks like the Kikoho and DD removed from the equation), I think you'd be hard-pressed to prove that Tien was on par with Krillin by the Android/Cell saga.

Jmanghan
and he was shit in Dragon Ball far below Tien.

Er... Didn't Krillin give Piccolo a hard fight, the same Piccolo that almost killed Goku?

NotAllThatEvil
Those same out of universe sources also said yamcha was a werewolf, so...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.