Rob how bad is it to breathe in Frisco now.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Old Man Whirly!
I remember in 1991 after the oilfields were on fire in Kuwait. (Don't ask me what I was doing there). It was shitty, hope the air quality is O.K. for you is not that bad and you are good.

Looks like a scene from Hellboy.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/09/us/fires-oregon-california-live-updates.htmlhttps://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/09/us/fires-oregon-california-live-updates.html

Be safe mate.

Raptor22
Hey whirly good to have u back around.

Links broken

Robtard
I'm on the suburbs of San Francisco and I'm far enough from the fires to be safe from the actual fires, but the smoke is nigh constant here, similar with the falling ash. The red/orange skyline looks like Mars. Yesterday the smoke was so thick it looked like sunset for practically the whole day. Everything gets a light dusting of ash.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
I'm on the suburbs of San Francisco and I'm far enough from the fires to be safe from the actual fires, but the smoke is nigh constant here, similar with the falling ash. The red/orange skyline looks like Mars. Yesterday the smoke was so thick it looked like sunset for practically the whole day. Everything gets a light dusting of ash.

Sounds like an ashole.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Raptor22
Hey whirly good to have u back around.

Links broken Thanks Raptor, hope this link works.

https://abc7news.com/what-to-know-about-the-bear-fire-spewing-smoke-into-bay-area/6415957/Originally posted by Robtard
I'm on the suburbs of San Francisco and I'm far enough from the fires to be safe from the actual fires, but the smoke is nigh constant here, similar with the falling ash. The red/orange skyline looks like Mars. Yesterday the smoke was so thick it looked like sunset for practically the whole day. Everything gets a light dusting of ash. The sunset with that much shit in the air are beautiful, but but you, your wife and kids want to make use of your covid masks and visors you don't want that shit in your lungs and eyes.

Surtur
I thought maybe this was about how the air stinks cuz of all the human feces on the ground.

Robtard
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Thanks Raptor, hope this link works.

https://abc7news.com/what-to-know-about-the-bear-fire-spewing-smoke-into-bay-area/6415957/ The sunset with that much shit in the air are beautiful, but but you, your wife and kids want to make use of your covid masks and visors you don't want that shit in your lungs and eyes.

Eh, I'll take my regular skyline sans smoke and ash particulates any day of the week stick out tongue

BrolyBlack
Rob just wear your mask, you will be ok!

Badabing
I'm on the suburbs of San Francisco and I'm far enough from the fires to be safe from the actual fires, but the smoke is nigh constant here, similar with the falling ash. The red/orange skyline looks like Mars. Yesterday the smoke was so thick it looked like sunset for practically the whole day. Everything gets a light dusting of ash. Three days of darkness? mmm

Stay safe. Delph is in Oakland, I believe, and has been posting pics. Looks horrible.

Also saw a few stories, can't verify, of people deliberately starting fire in Arizona, and Oregon or Washington. Again, I have not verified the stories.

Robtard
Originally posted by Badabing
Three days of darkness? mmm

Stay safe. Delph is in Oakland, I believe, and has been posting pics. Looks horrible.

Also saw a few stories, can't verify, of people deliberately starting fire in Arizona, and Oregon or Washington. Again, I have not verified the stories.

Not three days, yesterday was pretty dark for most the day though, kinda like one long sunset. Today it's a grey haze, but better than yesterday.

Thanks.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Badabing
Three days of darkness? mmm

Also saw a few stories, can't verify, of people deliberately starting fire in Arizona, and Oregon or Washington. Again, I have not verified the stories. I really enjoyed San Franscisco when I visited it long ago, but it has a weird climate, it always seemed colder than other parts of Cali.

Jmanghan
I remember in 1991 after the oilfields were on fire in Kuwait. (Don't ask me what I was doing there). It was shitty, hope the air quality is O.K. for you is not that bad and you are good.

Looks like a scene from Hellboy.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/09/us/fires-oregon-california-live-updates.htmlhttps://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/09/us/fires-oregon-california-live-updates.html

Be safe mate. So Whirly are you the real Whirly or is that other guy Whirly?

wtf is going on.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Jmanghan
So Whirly are you the real Whirly or is that other guy Whirly?

wtf is going on. We are both Whirly, Whirly is the path, the way and the answer. Join us Jman, become Whirly too. smile

Robtard
I really enjoyed San Franscisco when I visited it long ago, but it has a weird climate, it always seemed colder than other parts of Cali.

It's a lovely city.

SF is in a bubble of fog, so it doesn't get as hot as the surrounding areas.

Jmanghan
It's a lovely city.

SF is in a bubble of fog, so it's both cooler but doesn't get as hot as the surrounding areas. ROB I DIDNT EVEN KNOW YOU WERE BACK.

Thank god lol.

Old Man Whirly!
It's a lovely city.

SF is in a bubble of fog, so it doesn't get as hot as the surrounding areas. That fits with what I experienced to be honest the only more obvious micro climate I have ever experienced is Barcelona.

Robtard
Thanks buddy.

Flyattractor
Imagine how much worse it will be to try and breath when all that Shit on the Frisco Streets catch fire.

BURNING POO SMELL!!!!!

Oh Califunny.

Robtard
That fits with what I experienced to be honest the only more obvious micro climate I have ever experienced is Barcelona.

It also doesn't get as cold at the lowest points of the year. eg I'm a 10-15 min drive North of the Golden Gate Bridge, when it's cold here at say 55f, SF will be a bit warmer.

SF's in a nigh permanent state of cool with the micro climate, why you see tourist freezing in their shorts and tank-tops during the summer, SF is a city where you want to wear layers unless you're used to the cold.

There was a heatwave 3ish years ago which I happened to be in SF at 11:00pm and it was humid in the low 80's, felt really weird.

snowdragon
It also doesn't get as cold at the lowest points of the year. eg I'm a 10-15 min drive North of the Golden Gate Bridge, when it's cold here at say 55f, SF will be a bit warmer.

SF's in a nigh permanent state of cool with the micro climate, why you see tourist freezing in their shorts and tank-tops during the summer, SF is a city where you want to wear layers unless you're used to the cold.

There was a heatwave 3ish years ago which I happened to be in SF at 11:00pm and it was humid in the low 80's, felt really weird.

It's one of the few places its actually ok to wear shorts and a sweater/sweatshirt around your waste in the middle of the summer (midday) because when that night air settles in, buckle up it gets nipply (same with mornings.)

Flyattractor
nqvF_U2jn_0

Robtard
Originally posted by snowdragon
It's one of the few places its actually ok to wear shorts and a sweater/sweatshirt around your waste in the middle of the summer (midday) because when that night air settles in, buckle up it gets nipply (same with mornings.)

Indeed.

BackFire

snowdragon
I was tempted to scan old photos of my neighborhood when I was a kid after Mt St Helens erupted, we had over a foot of ash covering everything........crazy looking.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by snowdragon
I was tempted to scan old photos of my neighborhood when I was a kid after Mt St Helens erupted, we had over a foot of ash covering everything........crazy looking. Do it lol.

jaden_2.0
The red/orange skyline looks like Mars.

The irony being this place in San Francisco...

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/119220329_173949667625406_8198348207243920829_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=110474&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=BRggDXII43oAX_ok6iy&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&tp=14&oh=dae91d4545a38d817982cf9ba3abc778&oe=5F80A393

Robtard
Originally posted by jaden_2.0

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/119220329_173949667625406_8198348207243920829_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=110474&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=BRggDXII43oAX_ok6iy&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&tp=14&oh=dae91d4545a38d817982cf9ba3abc778&oe=5F80A393

Heh, nice.

Surtur
Originally posted by jaden_2.0

Clearly they too read "The Martian Chronicles" and recognized the threat.

Old Man Whirly!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.