Where does political correctness end and fascism begin?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment

Old Man Whirly!
I disagree, Pundits on the Right like to imagine we live in a PC dictatorship, but the fact remains that in a high-street bookshop it is assumed that any book with PC in the title must be a hilarious attack on PC, rather than a book in its defence, because the only time you ever see PC mentioned is when people are complaining about PC. For money. And usually on the very publicly funded radio stations that these dicks believe are involved in a politically correct conspiracy to silence them.
Boris Johnson never mentions it, but the Conservative Party won a by-election in Birmingham, in the 60's, and they sent out little kids with leaflets that said, "If you want a ****** for a neighbour, vote Liberal or Labour." And if political correctness has achieved one thing, it's to make the Conservative Party cloak its inherent racism behind more creative language."

When I was four years old, my grandfather drove me around Birmingham, where the Tories had just fought an election campaign saying, "if you want a ****** for a neighbour, vote Labour," and he drove me around saying, "this is where all the ******* and the coons and the jungle bunnies live." And I remember being at school in the early 80s and my teacher, when he read the register, instead of saying the name of the one asian boy in the class, he would say, "is the black spot in," right? And all these things have gradually been eroded by political correctness, which seems to me to be about an institutionalised politeness at its worst. And if there is some fallout from this, which means that someone in an office might get in trouble one day for saying something that someone was a bit unsure about because they couldn't decide whether it was sexist or homophobic or racist, it's a small price to pay for the massive benefits and improvements in the quality of life for millions of people that political correctness has made. It's a complete lie that allows the right, which basically controls media now, and international politics, to make people on the left who are concerned about the way people are represented look like killjoys. And I'm sick, I'm really sick-- 84% of you in this room that have agreed with this phrase, you're like those people who turn around and go, "you know who the most oppressed minorities in Britain are? White, middle-class men." You're a bunch of idiots.

Directly stealing from Stewart Lee

Surtur
Hell look at the video of the BLM protesters going into a restaurant and demanding everyone throw up a fist for black power.

Kinda thing you'd expect fascists to do.

Hell David Shor got fired for sharing findings from a study done by a black guy that said riots hurt the share of the democrat vote.

Flyattractor
When doing a Silly Video like THIS can Seriously Get You Put in Prison.....

https://i.imgur.com/Sm9mSxG.gif

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Flyattractor

https://i.imgur.com/Sm9mSxG.gif That dog looks terrified Fly, I bet he beat it to get it to do its Nazi salute.

Flyattractor
Remind me again.. Did that Happen in the U.S or U.K?

Old Man Whirly!
Remind me again.. Did that Happen in the U.S or U.K? Scotland, but we found a number of incidents awhile back in the US too. Didn't you post in that thread?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-intersect/wp/2018/03/21/for-weeks-he-trained-a-dog-to-do-a-nazi-salute-the-man-was-just-convicted-of-a-hate-crime/

Personally I think he should have been treated as the law did.

No wonder the Police are unpopular in the US for instance.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/may/18/facebook-comments-arrest-prosecution

Police State?

Flyattractor
So You are Saying Soctland ISN"T part of the "U.K"?3

I saw Very little in the first Article about anything really happening in the U.S.. when it started posting Twitter comment.. I stopped...cause Twitter..

And the Guardian Post was pretty much the same....And most of the Things You want to mention... Those happen in BLUE States... Not Red States...GUESS WHO RUNS THE BLUE STATES!!!!!!!!!

Later.. Mic Drop.

To lazy to post a gif.

ares834
Openly making threats =/= jokes in poor taste

Old Man Whirly!
Does seem to be mainly Democrat states that have social standards.

ares834
It wasn't just some tweet. She's been pretty vocal on her views on trans-people for awhile now and her newest books is about a mass murdering trans-person. I can see why this might provoke outrage.

Anyway, she can say what she wants just as others can say what they want about her. I'm no fan of this "witch hunt" mentality that woke twitter has ushered in, but there isn't much that can be done about it either.

Surtur
Yeah the whole thing with the dog and nazi salute was crazy.

Nothing should have been done.

And folk can deflect to stuff in the US if they want, but this shit is far more prevalent in Europe. Look at the steps some countries have taken to control who says what online.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by ares834
It wasn't just some tweet. She's been pretty vocal on her views on trans-people for awhile now and her newest books is about a mass murdering trans-person. I can see why this might provoke outrage.

Anyway, she can say what she wants just as others can say what they want about her. I'm no fan of this "witch hunt" mentality that woke twitter has ushered in, but there isn't much that can be done about it either. Me too

snowdragon
It's actually super easy, stay off twitter lolsmile They won't though since they ride the $$ train on bad PR just as much as good PR.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by snowdragon
It's actually super easy, stay off twitter lolsmile They won't though since they ride the $$ train on bad PR just as much as good PR. Excellent point.

ares834
It's actually super easy, stay off twitter lolsmile They won't though since they ride the $$ train on bad PR just as much as good PR.

laughing out loud

That's true.

Blakemore

Surtur
Originally posted by ares834

Anyway, she can say what she wants just as others can say what they want about her. I'm no fan of this "witch hunt" mentality that woke twitter has ushered in, but there isn't much that can be done about it either.

It's cis-phobic if people are upset an evil character was trans. It implies it would have been okay if it was just a straight white male or something.

It's on the other side of the same coin of folk who would cry over a transgender hero in a book. It's not progressive or enlightened it is the exact opposite. Shame on anyone who cried over it.

And I love that she didn't cave. This day and age? That is brave.

Old Man Whirly!

Surtur
This hill? Don't do it. It never goes well. Charlie Brown: you will never kick that football smile

https://theanswerportland.com/content/national-news/uk-woman-arrested-for-calling-person-by-their-actual-gender-in-twitter-argument

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Surtur
This hill? Don't do it. It never goes well. Charlie Brown: you will never kick that football smile

https://theanswerportland.com/content/national-news/uk-woman-arrested-for-calling-person-by-their-actual-gender-in-twitter-argument Didn't we do this thread recently Surt and didn't we only find Americans imprisoned?

snowdragon
This hill? Don't do it. It never goes well. Charlie Brown: you will never kick that football

https://theanswerportland.com/content/national-news/uk-woman-arrested-for-calling-person-by-their-actual-gender-in-twitter-argument

That's a good start!

Next arrest everyone that owns a pug and shoot all the breeders of pugs, ugliest stupidest breed evah.............that breed is the biology of inbreeding that the actual breeders partake in to decide that breed should be maintained, probably all brother/sister marriages:P

Surtur
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Didn't we do this thread recently Surt and didn't we only find Americans imprisoned?

*shrugs* You do this to yourself

Arrests for offensive Facebook and Twitter posts soar in London

Old Man Whirly!

Surtur
https://media.tenor.com/images/f6e0908b91fc5c23b696e311b2ca81b2/tenor.gif

Old Man Whirly!
*shrugs* You do this to yourself

Arrests for offensive Facebook and Twitter posts soar in London Yeah, saw that, good stuff in my opinion. You need something like that in the US.

Surtur
"You need more authoritarianism in your country"-Person who cries Trump is a dictator

Old Man Whirly!
I do feel sorry for this nice American lady though.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/egypt-jails-american-traveler-saying-she-criticized-the-government-on-facebook/2019/08/08/71725ce6-b85d-11e9-aeb2-a101a1fb27a7_story.html

jaden_2.0

https://i.imgur.com/Sm9mSxG.gif

He didn't go to prison.

Old Man Whirly!
"You need more authoritarianism in your country"-Person who cries Trump is a dictator No, you need more institutionalised politeness.

Surtur
Hell the cops showed up in the UK just cuz a dude retweeted a "transphobic" limerick.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
He didn't go to prison. No, Fly was misrepresenting facts.

Surtur
No, you need more institutionalised politeness.

This is some shit Mao would say.

Surtur
And we all know who he thinks should be responsible for defining "politeness" too.

snowdragon
This is some shit Mao would say.

with a gun squad aimed at you, with a smile though, politelysmile

Old Man Whirly!
This is some shit Mao would say. If there is one thing political correctness makes rightists do, it is hide their inherent racism in more creative language. smile

Surtur
with a gun squad aimed at you, with a smile though, politelysmile

It's clear now they don't hate Trump cuz they think he is a dictator, they just think he is the wrong kind of dictator.

Surtur
And also just to go back to David Shor, even Vox called what happened bullshit.

https://www.vox.com/2020/7/29/21340308/david-shor-omar-wasow-speech

Old Man Whirly!
It's clear now they don't hate Trump cuz they think he is a dictator, they just think he is the wrong kind of dictator. He is the wrong kind of man... Still getting over what he said about your brave vets. So disrespectful.

snowdragon
If there is one thing political correctness makes rightists do, it is hide their inherent racism in more creative language. smile

Total BS, I still love sanford and son laughing wink

Surtur
And Archie Bunker is awesome.

Old Man Whirly!
Total BS, I still love sanford and son laughing wink It's a Stewart Lee Quote.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJnr4qMRUCQ

Surtur
Those shows could never get made today.

Hell even back then they tried to censor shows like that, called it "family hour censorship". But they went to court, etc. and prevailed.

Old Man Whirly!
Those shows could never get made today.

Hell even back then they tried to censor shows like that, called it "family hour censorship". But they went to court, etc. and prevailed. I'm not sure different strokes would get made today, as a teen of the same age, I quite fancied the girl who died of a drug overdose on that.

Impediment
Blazing Saddles has recently been the subject of PC snowflake YouTubers and how it's a "hate film".

Like, they didn't even see the film if they call it a hate film.

It's about overcoming hate and being friends.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Impediment
Blazing Saddles has recently been the subject of PC snowflake YouTubers and how it's a "hate film".

It's about overcoming hate and being friends. Yeah, I don't see Blazing Saddles as a hate film at all. Mel Brooks is a jew isn't he?

Surtur

It's about overcoming hate and being friends.

Show them the movie "Soul Man" with C. Thomas Howell. Make sure a couch is nearby for them to faint on.

Wait no, let them just faint onto the floor.

Surtur
z2zMrjBLwn8

Lol

Impediment
I haven't seen Soul Man since I was a kid in the 80s.

F*ck, I feel old now.

Impediment
So, why isn't RDJ getting slammed for Tropic Thunder?

Surtur
"a black negro?"

Surtur
So wait, looking into more detail on JK Rowling's new book...the new book is about a detective going after a serial killer who is a man who dresses up as a woman and targets women specifically.

The character is being called a transvestite not transgender, even in articles crying about it. Some of these same articles highlight the backlash from trans people though so I guess transgender people are craving something to get outraged over.

I don't see the issue, also since the killer goes after just women why isn't the book being slammed for misogyny too?

These cry baby articles do delightfully show her other "anti trans" stuff in books. Like in a different book with the same detective where he says to an actual transgender person that prison will be hard for them "especially pre op". Oh and I guess just the fact this actual trans person is villainous is also transphobic.

Lol.

SquallX
So, why isn't RDJ getting slammed for Tropic Thunder?

Pretty sure he did.

Silent Master
Ah, so the snowflakes were lying about the character being trans. why must the crybabies also be liars?

cdtm

Blakemore
Yeah, I don't see Blazing Saddles as a hate film at all. Mel Brooks is a jew isn't he? No worse than Django: Unchained.

snowdragon
Yup

BackFire
So wait, looking into more detail on JK Rowling's new book...the new book is about a detective going after a serial killer who is a man who dresses up as a woman and targets women specifically.

The character is being called a transvestite not transgender, even in articles crying about it. Some of these same articles highlight the backlash from trans people though so I guess transgender people are craving something to get outraged over.

I don't see the issue, also since the killer goes after just women why isn't the book being slammed for misogyny too?

These cry baby articles do delightfully show her other "anti trans" stuff in books. Like in a different book with the same detective where he says to an actual transgender person that prison will be hard for them "especially pre op". Oh and I guess just the fact this actual trans person is villainous is also transphobic.

Lol.

Weird Harry Potter spin-off.

Surtur

cdtm
Yeah, I don't see Blazing Saddles as a hate film at all. Mel Brooks is a jew isn't he?

Yes, but think about it.

Who do you think made all those racist movies in the first place? White Irish Catholics?

Were they producing films in the 1940's-60's?

Trocity
So JK Rowling's new book is basically Dressed to Kill?

What a bigot. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Surtur
Originally posted by Trocity
So JK Rowling's new book is basically Dressed to Kill?

What a bigot. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Whatever it is, it's certainly not anti-transgender people.

Didn't the killer from Silence of the Lambs cross dress? Oh no! He didn't just kill people he legit wore their skin I think. Noooo, why god why?

Badabing

jaden_2.0

Surtur

jaden_2.0
Eh, I think she does care though in a way. She used to be a billionaire but isn't anymore because of her generosity. To be fair, given how much money she had that could have just been virtue signaling because it didn't impact her life at all. In fact I can't think of any charity giving celeb who has ever said "you know, I'm gonna have to hold off for a couple years on this new house cuz I'm giving a lot to charity right now".

Anyways, so keeping her generosity in mind if she is doing it to virtue signal it mean she is desperate for attention and thus would indeed mind if she was cancelled. And if she wasn't doing it to virtue signal and actually cares about the causes she gives to then she is just a nice lady who yeah probably doesn't wanna be made persona non grata.

If she cared about the attempts to cancel her she'd be prostrating herself apologising and changing her views to placate them. She doesn't because they can't do anything to her. Granted she doesn't do it in the manner that Ricky Gervais does, but she still doesn't pander to the baying mob because she knows her beliefs aren't bigoted like they claim hers to be.

As for virtue signalling. Giving tons of money is actually doing something. Not just signalling that you're angry about something but want others to deal with it.

Surtur
Okay let me rephrase: it's possible she cares and also has dignity.

Thus showing why she hasn't bowed to the idiots.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.