Scientific American magazine backs Joe Biden.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wxyz
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/09/15/scientific-american-endorses-biden-says-trump-mishandled-covid-19/5806784002/

I remember when Scientists were about science; not politics.

Old Man Whirly!
I remember when Presidents followed expert Scientific advice.

snowdragon
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!

I remember when science was focused on facts and not political pandering wink

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by snowdragon
I remember when science was focused on facts and not political pandering wink I would argue it still is and that's just a line from people who don't like the generalised Scientific consensus on facts.

snowdragon
I would argue it still is and that's just a line from people who don't like the generalised Scientific consensus on facts.

There isn't a need to argue about facts, however there are ppl that want govt money that are scientists and will be led where the money leads them and frequently it's politicians.........hence in a time with massive amounts of information being unloaded/dispersed and money to be had more politicized information from scientists.

cdtm
I remember when science was focused on facts and not political pandering wink

Never happened. Science has pretty always been ruled by political interests.

What do you think all those psychological breakthroughs and tests were really about. Helping people?

I mean, Freud became a marketer, for crying out loud.

cdtm
I would argue it still is and that's just a line from people who don't like the generalised Scientific consensus on facts.

Like the scientific consensus that Women are stupider then men, because they have a head circumference comparable to that of a child?

That was a real thing. Then there was the eugenics movements that gave rise to the Nazi party.

If only people were more skeptical of those scientists back then. But ours, today, could never, ever be as bad.

Wonder what they'll say forty years from now about our scientific consensus's.

snowdragon
Originally posted by cdtm
Never happened. Science has pretty always been ruled by political interests.

What do you think all those psychological breakthroughs and tests were really about. Helping people?

I mean, Freud became a marketer, for crying out loud.

I feel like you deserve an award for thissmile

Well done cdtmsmile

Freud gave us Edward Bernays and he is the father of 20th century propaganda.

wxyz
Like the scientific consensus that Women are stupider then men, because they have a head circumference comparable to that of a child?

That was a real thing. Then there was the eugenics movements that gave rise to the Nazi party.

If only people were more skeptical of those scientists back then. But ours, today, could never, ever be as bad.

I always have to laugh internally at people who blindly agree with whatever Scientists say.

History has proved we should never just fall in line and accept whatever the elite tell us.

I thought the whole point of Science was to question everything?

dadudemon
I think this endorsement is ethically worse than all the police endorsing Trump.

Voting should be individual and personal, in my arrogant opinion.

eThneoLgrRnae

They'll be amazed at how so many people were duped into believing that a giant explosion of absolutely nothing created everything, that life somehow started from inorganic material, and that amoebas somehow eventually became humans thru trillions of mutations over long periods of time all while calling it all "science" lol.

I'm sure they'll be quite ashamed that so many of their ancestors believed such hogwash and actually considered themselves to be so "smart" and "wise" lol.

Robtard

One of the positives of having Biden and not Trump, we'll at least have a POTUS that believes in science amd will heed the advice of professionals in the field and not rely on "miracles" and "feelings".

Surtur
Same folk crying here had no problems with dems shirking rules to attend the funeral of John Lewis.

I love it.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Robtard
One of the positives of having Biden and not Trump, we'll at least have a POTUS that believes in science amd will heed the advice of professionals in the field and not rely on "miracles" and "feelings". thumb up

wxyz
As if Biden has a great track record on the environment and climate change.

Give me a break.

Surtur
In his 40+ years in government folk can please list what he's done to fight climate change.

carthage
Deferring and kicking the bucket down the road with stupid nonbinding resolutions that promise to cut emissions by 10% in 2050.

Surtur
Originally posted by carthage
Deferring and kicking the bucket down the road with stupid nonbinding resolutions that promise to cut emissions by 10% in 2050.

Joe Biden in response to this: Malarkey, I played kick the can and if ruffles aren't rainbows sherbert ice cream isn't good.

snowdragon
Originally posted by Surtur
In his 40+ years in government folk can please list what he's done to fight climate change.

Yeah, he eats meat so less cow farts.

jaden_2.0

Ordered the killings of hundreds of thousands of people thus eliminating units that contribute to climate change.

Surtur
Biden is responsible for the Georgia Guidestones.

snowdragon
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Ordered the killings of hundreds of thousands of people thus eliminating units that contribute to climate change.

You like one hundred thousand upped me, I hate you now mad

Surtur
Biden also supports abortion.

F*ck those black babies.

jaden_2.0
You like one hundred thousand upped me, I hate you now mad

Hah! Sorry man.

dadudemon
Biden also supports abortion.

F*ck those black babies.

I'm sure creepy Joe has at least tried.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.