Choose your superpower [part.....*insert number*]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Philosophía
The options:

Telepathy - But you're permanently blind and in a wheelchair. You can only see through the eyes of others.
Telekinesis - But you cannot affect sentient beings bigger than an ant directly, nor a radius of 2m around them
Flight - But you can only fly by yourself. You lose the ability to fly if you want to carry others.
Shapeshifting - But you're stuck in the form you shift for an entire year.
Teleportation - But each time you have to teleport a distance of exactly 1000 km. You can visualize the teleportation spot in your mind, so that you don't go inside a wall.
Speed - But once you stop using it, time is sped up as much as you slowed it down when you used superspeed. For example, you perceive an entire second as 1000 seconds . When you stop using superspeed, when 1 second passes from your perception, 1000 seconds will pass in normal time. You'd essentially be a statue from the rest of the people's perception for 1000s.

No loopsholes, obviously.

Damborgson
Telekinesis still sounds pretty awesome, seeing as how I cam effect mostly everything else.

qwertyuiop1998
Teleportation, At least I don't have any ill effects just some restriction.

carver9
Originally posted by qwertyuiop1998
Teleportation, At least I don't have any ill effects just some restriction.

If you teleport less than 1000 KM, you lose sight of where you are teleporting which means you could possibly teleport into a moving truck, fallen object, etc... this is one of the worst.

I'm choosing flight. I dont need to carry anyone with me. I'm guessing this increases my perception and durability to go along with the speeds I can fly at, right?

qwertyuiop1998
Originally posted by carver9
If you teleport less than 1000 KM, you lose sight of where you are teleporting which means you could possibly teleport into a moving truck, fallen object, etc... this is one of the worst.

I'm choosing flight. I dont need to carry anyone with me. I'm guessing this increases my perception and durability to go along with the speeds I can fly at, right? Didn't the topic just mention I need teleport exactly 1000 km and I can visualize the teleportation spot in my mind, Which in my understanding it just saying I can only teleport to some spot at distance of 1000 km otherwise I can't teleport at all

carver9
Originally posted by qwertyuiop1998
Didn't the topic just mention I need teleport exactly 1000 km and I can visualize the teleportation spot in my mind, Which in my understanding it just saying I can only teleport to some spot at distance of 1000 km otherwise I can't teleport at all

Youre right

DarkSaint85
I think Carver struggles with his perceptions at normal speeds.

Parmaniac
laughing out loud

krisblaze
So you're saying I never have to get up from my chair, don't even have to open my eyes to see?? What's the catch??

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by krisblaze
So you're saying I never have to get up from my chair, don't even have to open my eyes to see?? What's the catch??
Lol if you're alone in a room, you're phucked.

Enzeru
So the question is basically... which least crippling super power would you pick?

I don't want to be a blind cripple - so who cares about telepathy ?
I don't want to be stuck in a hot blondes body for an entire year, just because I wanted to touch big tiddies for a couple of minutes - so who cares about shapeshifting?
I don't want to be frozen in time all day long - so who cares about super speed?
I don't want to get my face torn apart by dust particles and I also don't want to freeze to death - so who cares about flight?

Telekinesis sounds useful. Being able to move objects is good enough. I could still fly by ripping out ground below me and hovering on it. If telekinesis allows me to create force fields, then it would just be better flight.

Teleportation sounds great as well, although it would require some time getting used to and a lot of studying of distance and safe places to teleport to. I always like to approach these questions with the idea of it actually happening in the real world. As soon as someone sees you teleporting all around, every government will be hunting you and trying to cut you open and figure out how you're able to teleport. Or they'll try to weaponize you.
But with that being said... you would constantly have to pray to God, Allah, Oprah Winfrey and all the others to not teleport into a random person standing in your favorite teleporting spot. So you would have to teleport from one roof top to another, I guess. And hope to not end up with a god damn pigeon in your foot. On second thought, **** teleportation. Too crippling as well.

So yeah, telekinesis it is. The only power, where I wouldn't accidentally die or even just hate my life all the time.

Parmaniac
Does teleportation have a cooldown or is the process exhausting? Because if you can kinda spam teleport the 1000km distance thing is not that much of a deal if you just want to get past walls etc. run forward (you can kinda see where you will end up if you teleport) if your destination is a wide field (or at least some place that allows you to go a bit further) you can just run for 1-2m and teleport back and you're behind that wall.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Enzeru
So the question is basically... which least crippling super power would you pick?

I don't want to be a blind cripple - so who cares about telepathy ?
I don't want to be stuck in a hot blondes body for an entire year, just because I wanted to touch big tiddies for a couple of minutes - so who cares about shapeshifting?
I don't want to be frozen in time all day long - so who cares about super speed?
I don't want to get my face torn apart by dust particles and I also don't want to freeze to death - so who cares about flight?

Telekinesis sounds useful. Being able to move objects is good enough. I could still fly by ripping out ground below me and hovering on it. If telekinesis allows me to create force fields, then it would just be better flight.

Teleportation sounds great as well, although it would require some time getting used to and a lot of studying of distance and safe places to teleport to. I always like to approach these questions with the idea of it actually happening in the real world. As soon as someone sees you teleporting all around, every government will be hunting you and trying to cut you open and figure out how you're able to teleport. Or they'll try to weaponize you.
But with that being said... you would constantly have to pray to God, Allah, Oprah Winfrey and all the others to not teleport into a random person standing in your favorite teleporting spot. So you would have to teleport from one roof top to another, I guess. And hope to not end up with a god damn pigeon in your foot. On second thought, **** teleportation. Too crippling as well.

So yeah, telekinesis it is. The only power, where I wouldn't accidentally die or even just hate my life all the time.

You're able to visualise exactly where you're going to teleport to- there's no danger of teleporting into someone.

Martian_mind
Think I'd roll with the shape-shifting. It allows you to effectively end the ageing process, and gives you an easy out of the old "people will notice you're not getting old" problem.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Think I'd roll with the shape-shifting. It allows you to effectively end the ageing process, and gives you an easy out of the old "people will notice you're not getting old" problem.

This. You could shift into whatever then come back as the same age. That would be awesome. Or shift to a slightly different or better looking version of yourself win/win

h1a8

krisblaze
Say you use teleportation a few times a day.
What do you think are the odds of making it through a year without accidentally hitting something?

Stoic
Telekinesis for me.

CosmicComet
Flight speed. Since you have to be durable enough to withstand that transonic speed in the first place.

No real downside and heightened durability on the side always helps.

NemeBro

Enzeru
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

You're able to visualise exactly where you're going to teleport to- there's no danger of teleporting into someone.

Ah. I overlooked that part. That saves the power.

You'd still need to study different places though. Can't visualize what you don't know.
Or are we talking about teleporting your conscious to any area within a 1000 km radius, in order to scout the area? Because with that the ability would be easily the best. The only way to keep you imprisoned, would be keeping you 1001 km under water.

Being able to scout and visualize any place within 1000 km would also make the power better than what they had in Jumper with Hayden Christiensen. They could teleport all over the planet, but they needed pictures of locations they hadn't been to in order to visualize them properly.

DarkSaint85
I think the premise is, say you wanted to teleport somewhere 1000km away.

Magically, a mental image of that point pops into your head. If it is a busy intersection, say, you can wait until it's empty or whatever to reduce the chance of teleporting into someone.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.