Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dead at 87

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Surtur
https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/18/politics/ruth-bader-ginsburg-dead/index.html

She was a titan. RIP Ruth.

carthage
RIP

Silent Master
I knew she was sick, but I didn't know she was that sick.

RIP.

wxyz
RIP.

BackFire
RIP.

Shit show incoming.

JohnnyRotton
Well shit.

JohnnyRotton
Originally posted by BackFire
RIP.

Shit show incoming.

Yeah.

Surtur
I honestly thought she'd live long enough to safely retire and then die peacefully 3-5 years later after enjoying some rest.

JohnnyRotton
Does this mean they were essentially propping up a corpse this entire time?

Surtur
She was a good justice.

Surtur
RIP.

Shit show incoming.

Maybe normally, but I feel like with covid they could try to stall

JohnnyRotton
Like you said, we would have expected her to retire before she died. This whole year and last was like a weekend at bernies. There is going to be absolute chaos in the streets now.

Expect pussy hat marches.

Anyway, RIP and respect to her.

BackFire

JohnnyRotton
They kinda have to.

There's no way they could wait till after the election, because it will just drive dem turnout if there's a vacancy.

On the other hand, Trump should really chose center incase he drives up turnout himself with a right wing pick.

BackFire

JohnnyRotton
It's a lose lose situation for him tbh.

Surtur
Tho to he fair if he does get another Republican in the supreme court...I guarantee the repubs in power will go with it

Why do you think they cuck for trump? It's not cuz they support him.

But he distracts. Republicans put a hilarious amount of judges in while folk cried over tweets

That is the real power and they know it

Surtur
Okay I ask any response to the above post be made in the trump thread. I'd delete it if I could. Shouldn't have said it in a ruth thread

Let's keep the focus on her okay

BackFire
One of her last wishes was to not be replaced before a new president was selected.

snowdragon
Ruth certainly was a leader and an exceptional person in her arena.

dadudemon
Indeed, RIP.

Surtur
One of her last wishes was to not be replaced before a new president was selected.

This is what sucks for me. She could have retired in like 2014 and been replaced.

But once trump won there was so much pressure. U had leftist celebrities offering her their vital organs to keep her alive.

I'd bet Ruth mostly didnt care, but no way we shrugged off that onslaught 100% of the time

Surtur
Originally posted by snowdragon
Ruth certainly was a leader and an exceptional person in her arena.

Yes, and she showed respect to all new justices.

She deserves an epic funeral.

BackFire
I always liked the friendship between her and Justice Scalia. They apparently had dinner together all the time and were best friends and had immense respect for each other despite differing very much politically.

Surtur
Rename one of the buildings named for some Confederate for ruth

I'm not being sarcastic. Both sides would probably agree

snowdragon
Originally posted by Surtur
Rename one of the buildings named for some Confederate for ruth

I'm not being sarcastic. Both sides would probably agree

Good idea

BackFire
Word is Murkowski and Romney have both said they would oppose any attempt to fill the seat before the inauguration. Collins has said in the past that she would do the same.

wakkawakkawakka
Wow I had no idea Ginsburg health fell to such an extent.

Rest in peace for an extraordinary person.

Robtard

BackFire

Newjak
RIP

ares834
"The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president."

smile

Silent Master
That's a rather political request

BackFire

Silent Master
Putting her wants before the country, I thought better of her.

Personally, I hope whoever gets nominated is a moderate.

BrolyBlack

BackFire

JohnnyRotton
What's the worst case scenario here?

I don't think they'll be rolling back any of the popular rights already voted on. If they do, I'm not really upset that churches won't have to sermon gay marriages.

BrolyBlack

BackFire

eThneoLgrRnae
RIP.

But no, Trump should not pick a moderate. He should pick a staunch conservative. Picking conservatives to go on the SC is a major reason he was elected.

F*** compromising with this "he should pick a centrist/moderate" crap regardless of how much people like Bill Maher and far left crazies will disapprove.

BackFire
If he picks someone extreme then if he loses and if the gop loses the senate then the Dems probably would just expand the court and add some liberal judges to counteract the hard right judges.

eThneoLgrRnae
Word is Murkowski and Romney have both said they would oppose any attempt to fill the seat before the inauguration. Collins has said in the past that she would do the same.

Yeah, as much as I'd like for another conservative to be put on the SC before the election I doubt it's gonna happen.

Silent Master
Then the next time the conservatives get control they can do the same.

eThneoLgrRnae
If he picks someone extreme then if he loses and if the gop loses the senate then the Dems probably would just expand the court and add some liberal judges to counteract the hard right judges.

Depends on what you mean by "extreme". I'm sure your definition of it is different from what I'd call extreme. For example, Kavanaugh is certainly not an extremist. Neither is Trump, himself, but I bet you would disagree.

eThneoLgrRnae
Also, BF, I don't think either side can just expand the court like that on their own because they don't like the fact their side is in the minority.

Common sense tells me that would be illegal. Just like the dems wanting to do away with the electoral college.

BackFire

eThneoLgrRnae
If that's the case, I think the Democrats would try to do it regardless of who Trump picks.

Bottom line is Trump made a promise to his base to put constitutional conservatives on the SC . If Trump put someone on the court who supports abortion he'd never be forgiven by us (most of us anyway) and he knows it.

He should do what is right regardless of the consequences by sticking to his word and putting someone on the SC who stands up for and supports the right to life (which is the most basic and fundamental of ALL rights) of the defenseless unborn.

BackFire

eThneoLgrRnae
Apparently, Trump was in the middle of one of his huge rallies when she died. They waited till after the rally was over to tell him about it. That was a wise move.

I shudder to think of the optics if he had announced it during his rally and some people in the crowd celebrated it by cheering or applauding or whatever. Wouldn't have been a good look at all.

BrolyBlack
Any Coney Barret is probably going to be the nominee

Old Man Whirly!
This is what sucks for me. She could have retired in like 2014 and been replaced.

But once trump won there was so much pressure. U had leftist celebrities offering her their vital organs to keep her alive.

I'd bet Ruth mostly didnt care, but no way we shrugged off that onslaught 100% of the time Oh the leftists, the celebs... funny stuff. Any opportunity, ha tovarisch?

Impediment

eThneoLgrRnae

Surtur
I'm actually kinda disturbed by this "last dying wish" she supposedly had according to her grand daughter. If it is not a lie then Ruth was senile.

She supposedly told her grand daughter she doesn't want to be replaced until there is a new president. So, if Trump wins in 2020 we won't have a new one until 2025. So she was truly saying she wanted the seat left vacant for 5 years?

Either it's a lie or she was senile as f*ck and not fit to serve. Again, she did not say "wait until after the election" but rather "new president".

It did bring us comedy, did you see the crowds of mourners, some shouting "RESPECT HER WISH".

"But her wish tho" will become the new "what about the poem on the statue of liberty?!?!"

Surtur
Problem is I just contacted the ghost of Antonin Scalia and he said his dying wish was for RBG's dying wish to be dismissed.

So sorry.

BackFire

Impediment
Please let Ted Cruz be the replacement.

Just for the liberal butt hurt.

Surtur

eThneoLgrRnae
Actually the word she used was "installed" I think, not "replaced". That is yet another strange word choice for a position that is supposed to be decided by the votes of the American people.

Surtur
also the word "new" was used

trump wouldn't be a new president if he wins

so she was senile or the relative is lying

if the relative is a pathetic progressive i can see them being sad enough to lie like this, hell christine blasey ford was willing to lie just for roe vs. wade

BackFire
She probably just used awkward language because she was sick and dying.

Surtur
Call it senility, call it some type of dementia brought upon by cancer(does that happen?) or drugs.

But it's not a rational statement by any standard.

dadudemon
If anyone is interested, the last photo of RBG at that wedding is likely faked.

It's possible that RBG has been dead for far longer than released.

The famous "last known photo of RBG" is the faked image I'm talking about.

You can analyze photos for "photoshopping" using Foresnically's tools:

https://29a.ch/photo-forensics/

Here's the original image from the original tweet:

https://i.imgur.com/QIts242.jpg

Twitter account:

https://twitter.com/barbsolish

Tweet:

https://i.imgur.com/vQtzBQ5.png

And here's what the forensic tool result shows:

https://i.imgur.com/EJRGQfG.png

Great thing about all this work I've done, any of you can replicate it. Clearly, whoever officiated that wedding, the shoulders up was photoshopped for RBG. There was a judge sitting down in that photo. You can see as much in the image. But the forensic tool very clearly shows the top part was photoshopped on.

So why like about the "last known photo of RBG"? the only explanation is she was dead for weeks and they could not delay the news any longer.

Surtur

jaden_2.0
If I click on that link is it going to be another one of those "by leftists we mean 1 person on twitter" things?

Surtur
Nope, but I've yet to see you cry when shit like that occurs but it's anti trump and posted.

Man you just coincidentally miss all these posts. A shame.

jaden_2.0
Nope,

Lol.

Surtur
Nope, but I've yet to see you cry when shit like that occurs but it's anti trump and posted.

Man you just coincidentally miss all these posts. A shame.

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
If I click on that link is it going to be another one of those "by leftists we mean 1 person on twitter" things?

Surtur
It wasn't just one person.

I get it man, and let me guarantee you this: some pathetic soul will bingo you. Rob or Whirly, most likely the latter.

You earned it.

jaden_2.0
2 people?
3?

I'd like to know what the cut off point is to be representative of "leftists". For clarification, so we're all singing off the same hymn sheet.

Surtur
Jesus dude, this the hill you wanna die on?

You can never be consistent here. How is it you always miss the posts by the pathetic leftists here?

Acknowledge the pathetic hypocrisy and we can continue. Pretend it is coincidence and we move on.

jaden_2.0
Back to this behaviour again?

I asked a question about the link. You said no. The answer was actually yes.

Understandable that you're upset because.

Surtur
It wasn't just a single person doing it tho

dadudemon

That's all it takes.

Surtur
The media, whom some sad souls say are not the enemy, perfected this technique.

Why cry when a rando online does it but be cowardly silent otherwise?

Someone help me understand.

Robtard
Back to this behaviour again?

I asked a question about the link. You said no. The answer was actually yes.

Understandable that you're upset because.

laughing out loud

Surtur

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.