Matrix is great but...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Apoc
I think matrix is an epic like Star Wars, Star Trek or things like that, but there are some things that don't add up like:

1- if the machines grow humans in fields, wouldn't be logical to assume that they cloned them, so they image of themselves in the matrix is wrong.
2- if Neo is the sixth One them why is that the era of the matrix is 1990's like Smith told Neo "the prime time of your species", shouldnt it be like 2100...
3- if the agents are the gatekeepers why don't they chase Merovingian and other outcast programs like they did with the keymaker.
4- if they destroy zion 5 times before who tha hell rebuilds it everytime 13 man and 7 women? don't think so...

and more stuff but whe must understand this is a movie not real life, no need to be irritanting.

PS:sorry for my english embarrasment stick out tongue

Skittles19
hmm maybe they didn't clone us.. we humans have a knack for reproducing quite nicely.. w/ the troublesome genetic defects early clone are sure to have

Ushgarak
I think the time of the simulation has to be at a time where the Machines vageuly understand and feel comfortable but BEFORE any real work on AI was done.

The Omega

turin
yes, i dont thnk the machines destroy the city, just the inhabitants.

mirthrandir63
Interesting point about cloning. If it were possible for the Machines to clone humans, why wouldn't they clone certain people, who after extensive testing, or observation in the matrix would be sure to accept the matrix's programming? After all the Machines aren't striving for diversity here, just a replenishible plentiful power source.

I know environment affects the developement of humans, but at least the machines would have crops that would be predisposed to the matrix's programming. This wouldn't excluded that some of the clones would reject the programming, but they would probably be fewer and easier to control than the rebels.

turin
this makes me wonder, say you live in the matrix and you and your wife have a kid. do the machines just time it so that they are moving a baby pod at the same time that the virtual birth is going on? plus how would they account for the fact that the amount of people having babies in the matrix is the exact amount of there current crop? perhaps that is where still bornes come from, at the time of birth a baby from their crop wasnt available.

jhaston
Just to go on Turin's point about a man and a woman having a baby in the Matrix (still born etc....)

Well, each and every baby that is ever to be born is already incapsulated as a baby(battery). In other words, the child has been born before it had been concieved in the Matrix.

It would almost seem logical, as it is the machines that have pre-programmed the matrix, (perhaps!)

This may link along some of the thinking in the forum about the matrix looping. There are an unthinkable number of humans preset. It is all mathematical and mechanical, which is why it is programmed by machines. (maybe!)

nopy
Let me get this straight ...

The who point of this thread is that The star wars plot line has less holes in it than The Matrix franchise ?

Interesting

nopy
Let me get this straight ...

The who point of this thread is that The star wars plot line has less holes in it than The Matrix franchise ?

Interesting smile

princess leia
oh i dont know. i could find holes in star wars...but no one likes to doubt their own religion wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.