Democrats Threaten New Impeachment to Stop SCOTUS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BrolyBlack
Please do it, I dare you

Newjak
I mean if the Republicans aren't going to play by the rules they set why should the Democrats not also play hardball?

dadudemon
Scalia's replacement nomination from Obama took 46 days. Merrick Garland was Obama's pick.

Sooooo....RBG's can take 50 days and still be longer than Scalia. Right? The difference is, the senate is still a majority GOP. So unlike Obama's nomination of Garland, whoever Trump nominates could get accepted far faster than Garland's protracted debate.

BackFire
Would impeaching him actually prevent him from nominating someone?

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by Newjak
I mean if the Republicans aren't going to play by the rules they set why should the Democrats not also play hardball?

LMFAO@ if you think the democrats have ever been playing by the god**** rules. The f***ers wanna have another shitshow impeachment then they should quit being little b**ch ass cowards and just do it. But nah, they don't have the balls to do it again.

It is just a pathetic bluff to try to scare Trump into not selecting someone before election. It is tantamount to blackmail. Pelosi should have her wrinkled ass arrested. thumb up

It is not "against the rules" to nominate someone to the SC when there is a vacancy, ffs.

dadudemon
Originally posted by BackFire
Would impeaching him actually prevent him from nominating someone?

No. It's just more treason stuff. Abusing the system to commit treason because "partisan politics." What a cesspool.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
LMFAO@ if you think the democrats have ever been playing by the god**** rules. The f***ers wanna have another shitshow impeachment then they should quit being little b**ch ass cowards and just do it. But nah, they don't have the balls to do it again.

It is just a pathetic bluff to try to scare Trump into not selecting someone before election. It is tantamount to blackmail. Pelosi should have her wrinkled ass arrested. thumb up

It is not "against the rules" to nominate someone to the SC when there is a vacancy, ffs. durwank Oh Fly/star428...

BackFire

eThneoLgrRnae
Trying to do away with the electoral college is not playing by the rules.

Pushing for universal mail-in voting is not playing by the rules.

Trying to do away with all mandatory voter ID before voting is not playing by the rules.

Throwing a little b**ch ass temper tantrum and tearing up the president's speech at the SotU address is not playing by the rules.

Expanding the SC is not playing by the rules .

Saying that the blue states will secede if they lose the election is not playing by the rules.

Filling a vacancy on a SC is TOTALLY playing by the rules though.

LMAO @ the notion that it is Republicans who haven't been playing by the rules. I'm sorry,dude, but that was just an ignorant statement... either that or you were just trolling.

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
durwank Oh Fly/star428...

Eat shit, dumb a** troll. Go jack off or something. *shows middle finger*

eThneoLgrRnae
I still can't get over NJ saying that it is the Republicans who don't play by the rules lmao.

I've seen many stupid statements on this forum but that one has to take the cake as the dumbest one I've ever read... which is why I think the guy was actually just trolling.... even someone like pooty couldn't truly be that damn dumb.

Surtur

Which rules aren't they playing by?

Do not try to say the rules from 2016, cuz they said multiple times that was because the senate and white house were held by different parties which is not the case now.

But I'm sure besides that you had a different rule they didn't follow in mind and I'd love to hear about it.

jaden_2.0
What is the actual quote?

I could only find a "every arrow in our quiver" one.

Surtur

jaden_2.0
So she didn't say it. Ok 👍

Surtur
No she just didn't rule it out.

If someone can explain how it isn't pathetic, I'm all ears.

BrolyBlack

Surtur
Remember these folk claim to understand nuance...until understanding nuance could benefit Republicans.

I love it. I love seeing them feign ignorance cuz orange man bad.

And the best part is the only recourse is to go "I wasn't feigning, I am just this ignorant".

jaden_2.0
Amazing how in some situations certain people say "you have to prove this person said X or it's not true" and in others the same people say "that person didn't say Y but they insinuated it and that's proof".

Surtur
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Amazing how in some situations certain people say "you have to prove this person said X or it's not true" and in others the same people say "that person didn't say Y but they insinuated it and that's proof".

Neat, very very neat.

Anyways, pathetic souls on this board have gone with the logic of "but the implications tho" so if you want to call their logic retarded, please do so it would delight me. Shall you?

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by Surtur

Anyways, pathetic souls on this board have gone with the logic of "but the implications tho" so if you want to call their logic retarded, please do so it would delight me. Shall you?

Like you just did?

Surtur
For me either choice is immaterial, but I'd love for you to make one.

Is the logic retarded yay or nay?

jaden_2.0
You tell me. You just employed that logic.

Surtur
Okay so you dodge and we move on.

jaden_2.0
Probably best you do. You just called yourself retarded.

For the record, I don't think you're retarded, Surt.

Surtur
I get it man. You're itching for a bingo.

Someone will scratch that itch.

jaden_2.0
I leave that stuff to The Warriors and Baseball Furies of KMC.

CAN YOU DIG IT?

Surtur
https://media4.giphy.com/media/3ohjUMs1Lp2hGspGyA/giphy.gif

jaden_2.0
Miss the days when microphones looked like chupa chups.

dadudemon
Miss the days when microphones looked like chupa chups.

Look like someone is trying to sneak a large marble in their skinny dick's foreskin.

BrolyBlack

What rules are they not playing by? I read the constitution recently and it seems they are playing by the rules to the T.

I suggest you read it

dadudemon
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
What rules are they not playing by? I read the constitution recently and it seems they are playing by the rules to the T.

I suggest you read it

https://i.imgur.com/SOIBgiv.gif

Robtard
Probably best you do. You just called yourself retarded.

For the record, I don't think you're retarded, Surt.

laughing

Newjak
Which rules aren't they playing by?

Do not try to say the rules from 2016, cuz they said multiple times that was because the senate and white house were held by different parties which is not the case now.

But I'm sure besides that you had a different rule they didn't follow in mind and I'd love to hear about it. That's your deflection argument? That's a weak side step at best Surtur.

So I imagined all of those videos where the GOP doesn't once mention this is because of who owns the Senate?

Seriously though they made it clear. If it's an election year new Supreme Court nominees should wait until after the Presidential Election.

Senator Graham even said we should use his rant about this topic against him haha.

Newjak

I suggest you read it So then they weren't playing by the rules in 2016 by forcing us to wait until after the election.

Either way they are clear cut hypocrites. There is no defense of this. erm

Robtard
That's your deflection argument? That's a weak side step at best Surtur.

So I imagined all of those videos where the GOP doesn't once mention this is because of who owns the Senate?

Seriously though they made it clear. If it's an election year new Supreme Court nominees should wait until after the Presidential Election.

Senator Graham even said we should use his rant about this topic against him haha.

Pay no mind to their shit-weasel speak, it's to be expected. Cowardly, but expected.

They're not playing by the very rules they insisted America should play by in an election year, this is also to be expected as McConnell said as much as year+ ago.

BrolyBlack

Newjak
Originally posted by Robtard
Pay no mind to their shit-weasel speak, it's to be expected. Cowardly, but expected.

They're not playing by the very rules they insisted America should play by in an election year, this is also to be expected as McConnell said as much as year+ ago. Yeah the fact they get to play by different rules then they set for others always works out well for a country laughing out loud

That's why I plan on moving out of this country within the year.

wxyz
McConnell specifically said not to nominate someone to the Supreme Court in an election year if the opposite party was in the Senate.

That isn't the case now, so no contradiction.

But I'm not surprised the Democrats and Media don't get it.

They're not the brightest.

Newjak
@broly

laughing out loud oh that's a good one. They specifically said in 2016 that they needed to wait to hear from the American people after they voted for the President.

So if what you say is true they are hypocrites and liars laughing out loud

BrolyBlack
Yeah the fact they get to play by different rules then they set for others always works out well for a country laughing out loud

Can you move out sooner?

Newjak
Can you move out sooner? No I still plan on voting in the election and hopefully if the blue wave comes I might stick around longer. wink

jaden_2.0
Can you move out sooner?

laughing laughing laughing

snowdragon
Sounds like that should be the definition next to US politican in the dictionarysmile

BackFire

Newjak
@Backfire

America really needs to do something about a lot of stuff.

It's why I've decided to live overseas at least for a year.

It's hard to justify starting a family here if I can move to another country where I know they'll get better opportunities.

dadudemon
Yeah the fact they get to play by different rules then they set for others always works out well for a country laughing out loud

My BFF is planning on moving out of the country if Trump wins again. He has severe TDS but actually has nuance to his positions. He hates the GOP. Hates them with a passion.

He works in social services, too. So he sees how disastrous American conservative political positions are on children (and PoC children). They need money and safety nets. They need proper care and education. He wants the drug war and the for-profit prisons to go away, ASAP. Taking away a single father from 2 children (black) because the father on his way to sell drugs to a party of college kids is the stupidest story he's ever told me. Black father of 2 young kids going away for 3-5 years for small time drug trading. No violence involved. 2 kids lives ruined. And there's no hope to end this kind of problem any time soon.

Anyway, yeah, wish you didn't leave the US. You have a reasonable voice from the left. People need your voice. We need you here to call out the B.S. And help us make the liberal changes needed to make this country better. But I can understand getting so fed up that you abandon us.

Newjak
Originally posted by dadudemon
My BFF is planning on moving out of the country if Trump wins again. He has severe TDS but actually has nuance to his positions. He hates the GOP. Hates them with a passion.

He works in social services, too. So he sees how disastrous American conservative political positions are on children (and PoC children). They need money and safety nets. They need proper care and education. He wants the drug war and the for-profit prisons to go away, ASAP. Taking away a single father from 2 children (black) because the father on his way to sell drugs to a party of college kids is the stupidest story he's ever told me. Black father of 2 young kids going away for 3-5 years for small time drug trading. No violence involved. 2 kids lives ruined. And there's no hope to end this kind of problem any time soon.

Anyway, yeah, wish you didn't leave the US. You have a reasonable voice from the left. People need your voice. We need you here to call out the B.S. And help us make the liberal changes needed to make this country better. But I can understand getting so fed up that you abandon us. Well like I said if I have the opportunity to start a family somewhere else where they will simply be afforded better opportunities it's hard to convince myself to stay.

Especially with Trump where I don't see anything getting better.

I just happen to be lucky to be in a field and have a skillset that will allow me to move pretty easily. To the point where I think my only barrier is really learning the local language for wherever I end up going shrug

dadudemon

Old Man Whirly!

dadudemon
Well like I said if I have the opportunity to start a family somewhere else where they will simply be afforded better opportunities it's hard to convince myself to stay.

Especially with Trump where I don't see anything getting better.

I just happen to be lucky to be in a field and have a skillset that will allow me to move pretty easily. To the point where I think my only barrier is really learning the local language for wherever I end up going shrug

I'm in the same boat. I can work any where in the world and make great money in Cybersecurity leadership or even low-level analyst positions (even the analysists can make six figures). But I won't leave the US. I'll keep pounding away at the politics of it in my spare time. My biggest goals are:

1. End the Drug War.
2. End all our foreign wars
3. Vastly reduce our foreign military presence.
4. Implement an affordable UHC program.
5. Explore/research UBI for the bottom 2 quintiles of income earners.
6. Implement term limits.
7. Implement rank choice voting at the local, state, and national levels.

6 and 7 are already being worked on with the political organization that authored the "American Anti-Corruption Act": Represent Us. I'm a founding member for the Oklahoma Chapter. smile

Excuse me, I need to rest a bit. My arms are getting cramps from patting myself on the back so much.

BackFire
I'm in the same boat. I can work any where in the world and make great money in Cybersecurity leadership or even low-level analyst positions (even the analysists can make six figures). But I won't leave the US. I'll keep pounding away at the politics of it in my spare time. My biggest goals are:

1. End the Drug War.

6 and 7 are already being worked on with the political organization that authored the "American Anti-Corruption Act": Represent Us. I'm a founding member for the Oklahoma Chapter. smile

Excuse me, I need to rest a bit. My arms are getting cramps from patting myself on the back so much.

Need to start doing stretches.

eThneoLgrRnae
Can you move out sooner?

laughing laughing thumb up

Newjak

1. End the Drug War.

Excuse me, I need to rest a bit. My arms are getting cramps from patting myself on the back so much. Awesome and I agree with basically all of those. So good luck!

Surtur

Tell me this magical country you're moving to where things like what you just described no not happen

Newjak
Tell me this magical country you're moving to where things like what you just described no not happen I applaud you for your attempt but I'm not talking about a magical country.

The truth is there are just better options out there to living in the U.S. or am I wrong?

Surtur
*shrugs* You made a pretty specific claim about why you were moving to another country so I am curious which country you have in mind where things like what you described do not happen.

Newjak
*shrugs* You made a pretty specific claim about why you were moving to another country so I am curious which country you have in mind where things like what you described do not happen. I also never said it never happens in other countries either.

I just think it's getting so bad here other countries are just plain a better option. If that isn't a good enough answer for you then I don't care erm

Surtur
Is it like Finland or something

Newjak
Is it like Finland or something Are you trying to figure out where I'm going to see if you'll like it because you secretly want me to take you with me but can't admit it publicly? confused

Surtur
No...I was just curious

Newjak
No...I was just curious Sure....

In all seriousness though Japan is probably tops on my list but there are a number of other countries I would also consider given the current route of the U.S. and how is trailing the rest of the world in key areas like healthcare, income equality, education quality and affordability.

Robtard
Please do it, I dare you

"President Trump on Monday claimed he would win the presidential election if House Speaker Nancy Pelosi actually attempted to use impeachment as an option to block his eventual Supreme Court nominee from being confirmed to the seat vacated by the late Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg." -snip

^LoL, even Trump doesn't think he will win right now.

BackFire

Surtur
I saw it said that he felt he would do great did he legit say "win" ?

Robtard

BackFire
I saw it said that he felt he would do great did he legit say "win" ?

Think he used the word win but I could be wrong.

Old Man Whirly!

Robtard
Originally posted by BackFire
Think he used the word win but I could be wrong.

Trump Predicts Biden Will Win Debates In Last-Minute Effort To Lower Expectations

Seems Trump did reverse himself, saying Biden would do great and likely beat him in the debate, then minutes later went back to attacking Biden's cognitive abilities and claiming Biden can't speak without a teleprompter.

Poor Trumpers, they're getting conflicting marching orders.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Robtard
Trump Predicts Biden Will Win Debates In Last-Minute Effort To Lower Expectations

Seems Trump did reverse himself, saying Biden would do great and likely beat him in the debate, then minutes later went back to attacking Biden's cognitive abilities and claiming Biden can't speak without a teleprompter.

Poor Trumpers, they're getting conflicting marching orders. most Trumpers cannot be more confused though surely?

LordofBrooklyn
@Backfire

America really needs to do something about a lot of stuff.

It's why I've decided to live overseas at least for a year.

It's hard to justify starting a family here if I can move to another country where I know they'll get better opportunities.

Will this country accept your marriage to Digi?

BrolyBlack
laughing out loud

Not likely

BrolyBlack
pVtA7sXTE98

wxyz
I want to marry her.

Newjak
pVtA7sXTE98 Those may have been some good points if you know the GOP played by those same points.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Newjak
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Will this country accept your marriage to Digi? roll eyes (sarcastic)

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by wxyz
I want to marry her.

Yeah, she's hot.

Not crazy about marriage but certainly wouldn't mind fornicating with her lol.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.