Fresh ideas - DC and Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
What characters do Marvel and DC need to bring in the spotlight more that could bring some interest back into comics.

I think:

Blue Marvel and KC Superman are 2 peeps that would be good to see again.

DarkSaint85
Blue Marvel plays a role in Doctor Doom. He's been showing up there, and just this week made another appearance.

MrMind
Carver and Mr Mind

Surtur
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Blue Marvel plays a role in Doctor Doom. He's been showing up there, and just this week made another appearance.

Didn't Dr. Doom just return riding a frickin bear?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by MrMind
Carver and Mr Mind

Pinky and the Brain?

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by carver9
What characters do Marvel and DC need to bring in the spotlight more that could bring some interest back into comics.

I think:

Superman

Surtur
Tangent Universe Harvey Dent aka Superman

lawest9

I think:

Blue Marvel and KC Superman are 2 peeps that would be good to see again. Good choices, DC should explore more into Icon as well.

ShadowFyre
Haven't seen Galactus appear in a Marvel comic in years it seems like🤣

I would loooove to see them explore Blue Marvel's Marine Corps career before he got his powers. Or the Punishers for that matter. Though I'm sure they already have on the latter.

Also, it would be pretty nifty if Superboy Prime came back and then just like jobbed out to say Shazam and Black Adam or something...

And they should bring Marvel Godzilla back. But with a secret identity. And just put a mask on him.

BrolyBlack
laughing out loud

Henry_Pym
The Pymtron.

I literally purposed the character as the logical end of the Ultron event that they ****ed up, then got it and they did nothing of interest with the character.

Stoic
Make another ionic character other than Simon *Corny Ass Williams*, and actually allow them to be speedy (as should be the case). They should possess Gladiator level strength with a dynamic well rounded toughness. They should also be able manipulate energy.

Marvel should give the power to Frank Castle.

krisblaze
I'm more concerned with editorial direction than the specific characters.
That being said I would love to see more of the Neo.

And hopefully they pull Brian out of that godawful Excalibur comic and into something worthwhile.

Magnon
Forgetmenot.

Oh wait, he's been in every X-Men comic for the past two decades. My bad.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Magnon
Forgetmenot.

Sick reference, Bro.

==

But yeah, like Kris said it isn't as much the characters that are the issue; it's the editorial and the people in charge. They're the reason comics are the way they are right now.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Magnon
Forgetmenot.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o7bu30PETF0az99Ic/giphy.gif

AlbertoJohnAvil

I think:

Stop handicapping Character development, Miles made a leap in that shitty Civil War 2 series and the shittier Spidergeddon 2 whatever the **** and in his current series but writers still act like he's an inexperienced 13 year old in other titles, fire Bendis, Anyone's associated with Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman etc

AlbertoJohnAvil
Originally posted by krisblaze

And hopefully they pull Brian out of that godawful Excalibur comic and into something worthwhile.

Definitely editorial. Too stuck on the Trinity and making everything revolve around Superman and Batman.

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by ShadowFyre

And they should bring Marvel Godzilla back. But with a secret identity. And just put a mask on him.

laughing out loudlaughing out loud

krisblaze
What would it take to make Marvel and DC interesting again?

Stoic
What would it take to make Marvel and DC interesting again?

Dial the power levels back to the point that lifting a mountain is actually a wtf wow feat.

StyleTime

thumb up A proper Children of the Vault story is brewing though, so that's good and somewhat occupies a similar narrative space to the Neo.

With Excalibur though, it's such a wasted opportunity. I, personally, could do without the magic mixing with the mutants, but I was up for the ride. They claimed it was supposed to delve deep into the mystical side of the X-verse, but they went with Rogue? Gambit? Rictor? Shogo and non-vampire Jubilee?

That's the lineup? Betsy was excusable, sorta, due to the Captain Britain thing but they dropped the ball. Magik, Pixie, and Selene are all on Krakoa currently, and that's who they went with. Rockslide, Mercury, and Dust make more sense than that lineup, as they at least have magic resistance. Maybe could have done something with that.

And, of course, the story hasn't been the greatest. I'm issues behind at this point, but I did hear Selene and the Externals have appeared now. I guess it's a start.

One Big Mob

I think:

Really fresh ideas. Nothing spells freshness like that first Carve into the flesh of your prey.

I wish Marvel would give an ongoing to older characters who've barely had shit all. Would love an Apoc or even Gladiator ongoing. You can even go up or down the timeline with Apoc much like Thor. Involve Egyptian Gods and shit. That would be pretty fresh and happening imo.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.