Trump nominates judge Amy Coney Barrett for Supreme Court.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wxyz
https://globalnews.ca/video/7361794/trump-nominates-judge-amy-coney-barrett-for-supreme-court-seat-left-vacant-by-rbg

How soon until she's accused of racism and/or sexual assault?

jaden_2.0
Amy Barrett pumped my goldfish... allegedly. It was a black trans goldfish.... allegedly.

wxyz
I'm sure decades old allegations will come out and the Left and the Media will call on Senators to not confirm.

Patient_Leech
Yay! for impending Theocracy.

Eon Blue
Originally posted by wxyz
I'm sure decades old allegations will come out and the Left and the Media will call on Senators to not confirm.

thumb up

cdtm
If the Democrats were the ones in office, they would wait until after the election. Right?

Right?

BrolyBlack
Right

Impediment
Now the Libs are saying she "stole black kids from their culture and appropriated them into a white family thus robbing them of their culture."

BrolyBlack
Really?

SquallX
Originally posted by Impediment
Now the Libs are saying she "stole black kids from their culture and appropriated them into a white family thus robbing them of their culture."

What?!!

BrolyBlack

cdtm

Mixed marriages are racist!

Impediment

jaden_2.0
She rubbed her fuzzy goiter on my taint.

BrolyBlack

laughing out loud

Impediment
The only thing that truly worries me is will she be another Scalia?

wxyz
We can only hope.

BrolyBlack
laughing out loud

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Yay! for impending Theocracy. It is disturbing.

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
It is disturbing.

I hope it keeps you up at nightsmile

wxyz
Adopting children is one of the most selfless things you can do, so of course the Left has a problem with it.

BackFire

Pretty much.

Sure would like an atheist on the Supreme Court. Tired of stupid dogmas getting their fingers everywhere.

jaden_2.0
- Thomas Jefferson

Seems the Founding Fathers wouldn't approve of picking Supreme Court nominations based on their religious beliefs.

Looks like I'm having to give free lessons on the US Constitution again. Must be embarrassing.

Surtur
One racist leftist is saying she adopted black kids to shield herself from accusations of racism.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/ibram-kendi-attacks-amy-coney-barrett-children

Lol these people are deranged

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by BackFire
Pretty much.

Sure would like an atheist on the Supreme Court. Tired of stupid dogmas getting their fingers everywhere. To be honest the slide of the non Islamic world back into dogma has been the strangest thing on this Presidency.

Silent Master
Wow, Ibram Kendi is a massive racist.

Surtur
Them not being religious doesn't mean there would be no stupid dogma at play.

Progressive atheists can be the worst

Surtur
Originally posted by Silent Master
Wow, Ibram Kendi is a massive racist.

Yep and I expect to see more attacks on her kids.

eThneoLgrRnae

Hmmm.... I smell great butthurt coming from you lol.

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
I hope it keeps you up at nightsmile

thumb up Commie marxist scum deserve no peace, or peace of mind... ever. thumb up

cdtm
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
Hmmm.... I smell great butthurt coming from you lol.

Is he saying that just because she's Catholic?

How is that any different then accusing Muslim officials, or those with strong ties to Muslims, of trying to institute Sharia law?

cdtm
Originally posted by BackFire
Pretty much.

Sure would like an atheist on the Supreme Court. Tired of stupid dogmas getting their fingers everywhere.

Then you want the majority underrepresented. The vast, vast, majority believe in some form of religion.

The Washington Post tries to underplay 40 percent of white Christians as a "minority", but compared to the number of atheists in total that's actually a tremendous number. Not to mention it's hypocritical of the post to dismiss 40 percent of the population, while championing a mere 1 percent to 12 percent of minority representation as something of concern to the entire country.

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
- Thomas Jefferson

Seems the Founding Fathers wouldn't approve of picking Supreme Court nominations based on their religious beliefs.

Looks like I'm having to give free lessons on the US Constitution again. Must be embarrassing.

No one picks them because of their religion. She was picked I assume because she is a constitutional conservative like Scalia was.

The fact she also happens to be catholic has nothing to do with it. So, no, you are not educating any of us on the Constitution so you can kindly get over yourself, jaden.

One other thing: nearly every single one of our founders (including Jefferson) were deeply religious people. That was actually a very good thing.

Silent Master
Originally posted by cdtm
Is he saying that just because she's Catholic?

How is that any different then accusing Muslim officials, or those with strong ties to Muslims, of trying to institute Sharia law?

It's ok when they do it.

jaden_2.0
No one picks them because of their religion. She was picked I assume because she is a constitutional conservative like Scalia was.

The fact she also happens to be catholic has nothing to do with it. So, no, you are not educating any of us on the Constitution so you can kindly get over yourself, jaden.

One other thing: nearly every single one of our founders (including Jefferson) were deeply religious people. That was actually a very good thing.

If she interprets law based on her Catholicism then that goes against separation of church and state.

Old Man Whirly!
thumb up Commie marxist scum deserve no peace, or peace of mind... ever. thumb up what do you think should happen to them?

Old Man Whirly!
If she interprets law based on her Catholicism then that goes against separation of church and state. This is too complex for them, mark my words.

Blakemore
I'm still curious about suggestive lesbianism.

eThneoLgrRnae
If she interprets law based on her Catholicism then that goes against separation of church and state.

Although the primary requirement that a republican president has for nominating someone to the SC is for the chosen person to be a Conservative, it is a nice bonus when that person also has Christian religious beliefs which is usually the case as it is here.

Of course, I would've preferred an actual fundamentalist Christian, Baptist, protestant, or evangelical over a Roman Catholic but it's still better than getting an atheist or a Muslim.

The fact is the majority of the country prefers for their leaders to have Christian beliefs. It is what it is whether you like it or not.

cdtm
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
This is too complex for them, mark my words.

Do you really think an orthodox jew or Muslim will completely ignore their beliefs?

Is it even reasonable to expect this?

Separation of church and state only means no state condoned churches. It does not mean an individual must throw aside their religious beliefs when acting on behalf of the state, any more then it means they must set aside all personal bias.

This is both unreasonable and impossible to expect.

snowdragon
Originally posted by cdtm
Do you really think an orthodox jew or Muslim will completely ignore their beliefs?

Is it even reasonable to expect this?

Separation of church and state only means no state condoned churches. It does not mean an individual must throw aside their religious beliefs when acting on behalf of the state, any more then it means they must set aside all personal bias.

This is both unreasonable and impossible to expect.

You are just spouting pearls of wisdom today cdtmsmile

BackFire

dadudemon
Interesting pick, I guess?

Hope she wasn't picked because of her gender, though. That would be sexist.

Surtur
Originally posted by dadudemon
Interesting pick, I guess?

Hope she wasn't picked because of her gender, though. That would be sexist.

You spelled "virtuous" wrong.

eThneoLgrRnae
I heard that the confirmation hearings won't start until the 12th. Why don't they start them sooner if getting her confirmed before the election is so important? Why a two week delay?

It's not like they are overwhelmed with more important matters lol. Are they still working on a stimulus package for all the people being out of work from the lockdowns?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.