Diatribes on KMC, who reads really long winded posts

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Old Man Whirly!
A few posters here really put some effort into what they post. Surt, Me, Broly, Blacke... not so much.

I have a question for forummers, if someone is clearly making an effort to write or copy and paste loads of shit are we obliged to read it for Politeness? I know I usually don't.

Do you? If you don't too are they wasting their time or am I missing something?

jaden_2.0
I read them, mostly. I rarely have the inclination to respond anymore. Why bother? You're not going to change anyone's mind anymore.

Eon Blue

eThneoLgrRnae

Robtard
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
A few posters here really put some effort into what they post. Surt, Me, Broly, Blacke... not so much.

I have a question for forummers, if someone is clearly making an effort to write or copy and paste loads of shit are we obliged to read it for Politeness? I know I usually don't.

Rarely, but it more depends on the poster. If it's someone of above average intelligence (eg Jaden, Whirly, Tzeentch, Adam), sure. As I'm almost guaranteed to get something out of it and not wasting my time reading bloated rubbish. Especially if the topic is of interest to me.

Surtur
Lol@ those people being above average intelligence.

Good stuff thumb up

Robtard
Originally posted by Surtur

Good stuff thumb up

What's funny is those four people trigger you something fierce.

Surtur
Your projections aside, anything else?

BrolyBlack

Bravothumb up

ilikecomics
I read everything, intellectual curiosity gets the best of me.

Almost no one here really elicits an emotional response in me tho and really the only person ive said something intentionally snarky to is stilt over at cbvf and broly, but only to be funny because i think theyre funny.

There's this youtube video analyzing a movie called lady bird and posits it's thesis is that attention is love.
Love is extreme so in the context of the forum it could swapped for the amount of respect and recognition contained in a head nod.

I figure if someone is using their energy to say something it's for a reason, if it's beneficial and well intentioned it's a mutual opportunity for growth-if it's to troll you can use it an as opportunity to sharpen your skills in dealing with difficult people.
To me i dont see the down side in giving your full attention to everything you do, but that's just my lame ass.

eThneoLgrRnae

Good stuff thumb up

thumb up Yeah, I think maybe Robbie is practicing to be a comedian or something lol.

BackFire

Old Man Whirly!

Eon Blue

Newjak

Do you? If you don't too are they wasting their time or am I missing something? Honestly for the sake of fairness I try to.

Although if I'm a paragraph in and I already know where the rest of the post is going plus the information that is going to be presented I find myself not always finishing them.

Quincy
Normally I'll read a lengthier post, especially if it's something I'm expected to respond to or is a direct response to me. It's important to be thorough with this kind of stuff. Like, it surprises me when someone posts articles or something they haven't read all the way through, real shoddy research. So if I have that expectancy for other people, I'd have to hold myself just as accountable to those standards.

I think I'd definitely tune out a post if it wasn't something that interested me. Like if Walsh Kid posts about soccer stats and stuff I ignore it because it's not really for me.

Surtur
It really depends on the day and my mood. It isn't SOP for me to skip posts entirely, though skim...maybe.

ilikecomics
thanks mate thumb up thumb up You are "special" mate thumb up Same.

Yeah im retarded, tbi.

Surtur
Retards are too retarded to recognize their own retardation. So see you can't be retarded.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by ilikecomics
Yeah im retarded, tbi. No, we may be politically poles apart but you unlike many rightists have a good heart.

Eon Blue
No, we may be politically poles apart but you unlike many rightists have a good heart.

Do I have a good heart?

eThneoLgrRnae
It's amusing reading pooty post that "most rightists" don't have a good heart when he himself supports mass infantacide.

Ahhh, the backwards Bizarro world of commie leftists... smh. no

Eon Blue
Pooty is downright evil.

eThneoLgrRnae
True dat, as all Marxists are. thumb up

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
It's amusing reading pooty post that "most rightists" don't have a good heart when he himself supports mass infantacide.

Ahhh, the backwards Bizarro world of commie leftists... smh. no durwank

eThneoLgrRnae
Her derp!

So sorry I upset you with the truth, pooty.

ilikecomics
Retards are too retarded to recognize their own retardation. So see you can't be retarded.

Im the kind of retarded where you have echolalia so im just repeating the words others that have walked in the opposite direction after i talk about bionicles for 45 minutes on accident.

No, we may be politically poles apart but you unlike many rightists have a good heart.

I think it's way too easy to be mean, otherwise most of the world would be nice- i only have a good heart because im contrarian lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.