Political savvy & the law of parsimony

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KharmaDog

ilikecomics
Hi, i dont know you but i agree with this post.

dadudemon

KharmaDog

Quincy
I like this guy.

dadudemon

KharmaDog

Silent Master
Going by this, Biden likely has some form of cognitive impairment.

dadudemon

KharmaDog

Eon Blue
Originally posted by dadudemon
No, that's still incorrect.

People are more complicated, not more simple, as we understand humans and biology, more. As we learn more about human cognition, neuroscience, and environmental factors, we realize that all explanations just keep getting more and more complicated.

Occam's Razor is pretty much philosophical trash as it almost never adequately translates to the real world and only functions as a fun talking point in high school philosophy class. It has it's purposes as a teaching tool but just does not adequately translate to the real world.

Hickam's dictum is a better explanation for just about everything when you apply it like an antonym of Occam's Razor (and not just medical science).

I like this guy. thumb up

Old Man Whirly!

Eon Blue
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Nice to see you back Kharma! thumb up and I agree with you.

Nice to see you agreeing with gibberish posts. Very telling. thumb up

dadudemon
Originally posted by Eon Blue
I like this guy. thumb up

lol!

Sometimes, I cannot understand the chess games you're playing, but this time, it was simple enough that I got it.

dadudemon

Surtur
These various spellings of "occams razor" are triggering me plz agree to one correct spelling

dadudemon
Originally posted by Surtur
These various spellings of "occams razor" are triggering me plz agree to one correct spelling

"Occam's Razor" is used a lot more:

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?geo=US&q=Occams%20Razor,Ockhams%20Razor

But the friar it is named after has a surname spelling of "Ockham" but the Latin writings (what he wrote his works in) would have spelled his name as "Occam" so Occam would be the most correct and original spelling. Which is why it is the most common spelling. With things like these, the Latin spelling is the one that shows up in philosophy and science (a vast majority of time).

At no point should "Ocham" be considered correct and that is simply a misspelling that is common enough to have shown up in too many places ignore it.

No one cares about this except nerds and philosophy majors.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.