Revealed: Trump campaign strategy to deter millions of Black Americans from voting

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAloysius
KIf5ELaOjOk&tAll perfectly legal, but its interesting and disturbing to see the extent to which the Trump campaign tried to stop Blacks from voting. $55,000 dollars spent deterring Georgia blacks alone, huh.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by DarthAloysius
KIf5ELaOjOk&tAll perfectly legal, but its interesting and disturbing to see the extent to which the Trump campaign tried to stop Blacks from voting. $55,000 dollars spent deterring Georgia blacks alone, huh. Ha, lowlife scumbags... Trump truly is a disgusting creature.

Nibedicus

Eon Blue

Newjak
I mean this isn't new.

I can't remember if it was Virginia or North Carolina but a GOP member in those states admitted that they knew some of their voting laws were going to effect African Americans more than others.

He then said that was the goal because they were going to vote democrat.

DarthAloysius

Nibedicus

DarthAloysius

cdtm
KIf5ELaOjOk&tAll perfectly legal, but its interesting and disturbing to see the extent to which the Trump campaign tried to stop Blacks from voting. $55,000 dollars spent deterring Georgia blacks alone, huh.

So Republicans are trying to attract people who will vote for them, and attack the Democratic parties base?

It's almost like they're trying to win an election.

Silent Master
I mean specifically in terms of targeted advertising that relies on mining people's data and profiling them based on that. I have little doubt that the DNC use those kinds of tactics, but just not making any assumptions about the nature of it without hard evidence.

Advertising based on demographic is not new no, but it's much more sophisticated that it has been in the past. Poltical campaigns and media companies in general have never been able to harvest as much data about you individually as they can now. It is not even accurate to say they are targeting based on demographic, rather they are targeting you as an individual.

If there intent is to sell me doughnuts based on more search history then that it's icky a best, but funneling targeted political propaganda into people's media streams is a form of conditioning, and not nearly as regulated as what they put out on the news.

I'll grant you the racial aspect of it was bigged up by the doc however, the GOP do just seem to be trying to take a concerted crack at the DNC's hold over Black American voters. Though its telling they either have little interest in securing that vote for themselves, or just a lack of faith in their ability to do so.

So it's ok when the democrats do it?

cdtm
I mean specifically in terms of targeted advertising that relies on mining people's data and profiling them based on that. I have little doubt that the DNC use those kinds of tactics, but just not making any assumptions about the nature of it without hard evidence.

Advertising based on demographic is not new no, but it's much more sophisticated that it has been in the past. Poltical campaigns and media companies in general have never been able to harvest as much data about you individually as they can now. It is not even accurate to say they are targeting based on demographic, rather they are targeting you as an individual.

If there intent is to sell me doughnuts based on more search history then that it's icky a best, but funneling targeted political propaganda into people's media streams is a form of conditioning, and not nearly as regulated as what they put out on the news.

I'll grant you the racial aspect of it was bigged up by the doc however, the GOP do just seem to be trying to take a concerted crack at the DNC's hold over Black American voters. Though its telling they either have little interest in securing that vote for themselves, or just a lack of faith in their ability to do so.

A lack of faith. Probably justified.

Many times have I spoken with a member of a minority group who has severe reservations about the Democratic party, and who's idealogy aligns with Republicans, yet who refuse to even consider voting for them because of the belief that they're a party of white racist xenophobes.

In one case, a pro-zionist jew claimed he had a big problem with Democrats anti-israel stance, and that STILL wasn't enough to get him to consider changing parties.

Nibedicus

DarthAloysius
I'm not going to dwell on this because whether or not the DNC are doing the same thing as the GOP (in relation to targeted ads) is besides the point. I suspect they are, but I was merely making the observation that without as clear an insight into the DNC's digital campaign (not their campaign in general), we don't KNOW exactly who they targeted digitally and how.

Of course, and that's exactly what I meant. Targeted advertising is a much more powerful tool that it has been in the past, and continues to become more advanced. It is not inherently evil no, as I said besides the privacy concerns involved (though those remain a concern) private businesses using my data to sell me products is not particularly insidious. But again, there is a big differences between private businesses using my data to try and sway me into buying a product, and a political party doing the same to try to sway (if not manipulate) my worldview. Especially when the later often involves the manipulation of truth, and preying on my political, racial and social biases.

I agree with you on this point, the doc didn't show the full scope of the ads they were using, and they did play up the race card unfairly.

Surtur
So Trump campaign is doing what campaigns do.

Okay.

Am...am I supposed to be upset at this or what?

End of the day a person has their own agency, if they wanna vote they will vote.

Nibedicus

dadudemon
Originally posted by Surtur
So Trump campaign is doing what campaigns do.

Okay.

Am...am I supposed to be upset at this or what?

End of the day a person has their own agency, if they wanna vote they will vote.

It's a "breaking" news story that is being pulled out, magically, 4 years later, mere weeks before voting day will happen when market research shows Trump having near-record level of support from the Black voting block.

This tactic is not transparent, at all.

Wondering what the Democratic tactic will be after tonight's debate where Trump insults Biden over and over? I am curious. I want to see if Democrats are serious about Biden or if he was purposefully thrown up as a "we knew he'd fail" candidate.

Surtur
Reminds me of them repeating the tax story they already reported 4 years ago.

And all this reminded me about Trump bragging during that one debate about paying as little taxes as possible lol.

Why...is this news?

Silent Master
It's like the OP doesn't realize that the very story he's posting is an example of trying to deter people from voting for someone.

If he is truly disturbed by the use of this tactic, why isn't he calling out the people who wrote the story he's using in the OP?

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Silent Master
So it's ok when the democrats do it?

If there is nothing wrong with what Republicans are doing, why do you care?

cdtm
It's like the OP doesn't realize that the very story he's posting is an example of trying to deter people from voting for someone.

If he is truly disturbed by the use of this tactic, why isn't he calling out the people who wrote the story he's using in the OP?

thumb up

Silent Master
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
If there is nothing wrong with what Republicans are doing, why do you care?

I'm asking why he only cares when one side does it.

BrolyBlack

Adam_PoE
I'm asking why he only cares when one side does it.

Is there evidence the other side does it?

Silent Master

Yes and it's already been mentioned.

Adam_PoE
Yes and it's already been mentioned.

Where?

cdtm

Does what, pander to an audience? Or tries to influence voting habits?

Well, take the charge of anti-semitism based on having a star and a mention of international bankers. That's a charge with pretty flimsy evidence, and was designed to turn off his supporters.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.