Red/Blue Power Rangers (comic) vs Peter/Miles Morales

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AlbertoJohnAvil
No zords, random encounter

https://i.postimg.cc/dZrkm6LF/tyh.jpg

Stoic
Wasn't aware that the Power Rangers were at this level?

Martian_mind
Comic Rangers are interesting. In an actual fight, they rarely show off incredible strength/speed, but we have seen Jason and Trini training, during which they showed off at least class 10 strength, and sufficient super speed to create massive dust wakes while running. IIRC, Trini also moved (not lifted) a 100 ton rock by her lonesome. So they definitely have the stats to compete.

Beyond that, they are far more skilled than the Spider boys, as morphing uploads combat skills right into their brain. Hell, Jason is the most skilled fighter here even when he's not morphed.

All that said, I'm not entirely convinced that the Rangers have enough high showings to put them over Parker. Were this Jason and Tommy, Zack or Trini, maybe, but I think Billy is the weak link here

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Stoic
Wasn't aware that the Power Rangers were at this level?

Do you not remember Power rangers at all?

Rita could toss her staff all the way from the Moon to Earth in like 3 seconds flat, and cause a massive Earthquake.

Power rangers are full of feats far beyond Parker's soft ass.

And when I mean soft here I'm talking about durability too. The Punisher could kill Spiderman with an ordinary sword and he's nowhere his strength.

The power rangers can take sword strikes from beings even stronger than themselves and the morphin grid shields them.

Stoic
Hmmm. Spiderman is plenty tough if we used his average showings.

Sin I AM
Hmmm. Spiderman is plenty tough if we used his average showings.

He's talking piercing durability not blunt force

Stoic
Originally posted by Sin I AM

They'd have to hit them though. Again, you can't argue the Power Rangers at their best, and turn around and argue the Spidermen at their worst. I could easily argue that the Juggernaut would crush the Rangers into mush, or that Namor would punch their heads off. I'm absolutely certain that Morlun would rip their arms off, etc.

DarkSaint85
Even at their worst, Power Rangers' piercing durability far outshines Spidermen's best PIERCING durability feats.

CosmicComet

There is no difference.

A sword just multiplies force because it distributes it over a smaller surface area.

So parker's punches won't do shit. Him bracing a building for a while is considered like the creme de la creme of his strength feats.

Jason in like the second episode alone had enough strength to stop a giant monster from crushing him for a bit until he got free from its grip.

Same giant monsters that plow through skyscrapers like paper mache.

DarkSaint85
Didn't some episodes have the monsters catching stuff that had been thrown from the Moon?? That's a pretty serious feat lol.

And the Power Rangers still beat their asses. And took their punches.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by CosmicComet
There is no difference.

A sword just multiplies force because it distributes it over a smaller surface area.

So parker's punches won't do shit. Him bracing a building for a while is considered like the creme de la creme of his strength feats.

Jason in like the second episode alone had enough strength to stop a giant monster from crushing him for a bit until he got free from its grip.

Same giant monsters that plow through skyscrapers like paper mache.

Yes it is. Piercing damage and Blunt damage are not synonymous. Arrows, swords etc punch above their weight.

CosmicComet
Yes it is. Piercing damage and Blunt damage are not synonymous. Arrows, swords etc punch above their weight.

...I literally just described why that is.

Its because the edge is a pressure multiplier. Pressure is force divided by area. Pressure is what does damage.

Can a hammer cut as well as a sword? Yes. But you'd have to swing it with a hell of a lot more force to overcome its greater surface area.

'Piercing damage' is just pure forum sophistry.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by CosmicComet
...I literally just described why that is.

Its because the edge is a pressure multiplier. Pressure is force divided by area. Pressure is what does damage.

Can a hammer cut as well as a sword? Yes. But you'd have to swing it with a hell of a lot more force to overcome its greater surface area.

'Piercing damage' is just pure forum sophistry.

Your post said there is no difference then you went on to explain how there is a difference. And it's not sophistry when you have multiple examples to draw from

CosmicComet
As always you are as sharp as a butter knife Sin.

Pressure is pressure. Tha was the point. A sharp object just makes it easier to produce pressure because, again, pressure is force divided by area.

Using your retarded logic, say you try to cut me with a knife and it doesn't cut me. Are you then going to say "drats...he is resistant to piercing. I guess I'll use my fists because it's different"

Lol.

Obviously retarded characters like Wonder Woman exist but you can argue it's some specific mystical reason for her weakness and not some poorly misunderstood physics by a writer.

DarkSaint85
Pressure = pounds per square inch.

Smaller the surface, the less poundage one needs.

#helpful

CosmicComet
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Didn't some episodes have the monsters catching stuff that had been thrown from the Moon?? That's a pretty serious feat lol.

And the Power Rangers still beat their asses. And took their punches.

Actually yes, Lord Zedd used to make monsters grow by throwing a baseball sized metal ball at them that the monsters would often casually catch one handed.

A strength, reflex, and durability feat catching metal baseballs thrown from the moon at sub-light speed by palming them barehanded.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Pressure = pounds per square inch.

Smaller the surface, the less poundage one needs.

#helpful

I believe we are talking about two different things. I understand the real life scenario. What I'm saying is there are many examples of characters like Black Bolt, WW etc being pierced by mundane weapons when they shouldn't be. I just feel like they should be catergorized differently is all.

Stoic
So the Power Rangers are class 100's despite looking like far less when fighting scrub minions? Okay, I have no problem believing that. Well maybe a little, but I'll take your word for it.

DarkSaint85
So the Power Rangers are class 100's despite looking like far less when fighting scrub minions? Okay, I have no problem believing that. Well maybe a little, but I'll take your word for it.

It's because they get swarmed. 1on1, they're fine.

https://i.postimg.cc/d3Vn4Xk9/RCO020-1583412078.jpg

Stoic
But you do realize that Spiderman has gone up against pretty tough opposition himself. Ironman comes to mind.

DarkSaint85
But you do realize that Spiderman has gone up against pretty tough opposition himself. Ironman comes to mind.

Oh yes, I've picked a comic or two up before in my time

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.