Social media bans QAnon, also puts Trump(ers) on notice

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Robtard
Facebook bans QAnon conspiracy theory accounts across all platforms

Facebook has banned all accounts linked to the QAnon conspiracy theory movement from its platforms.

"Starting today, we will remove Facebook Pages, Groups and Instagram accounts," the company said on Tuesday.

The move is a significant escalation to Facebook's earlier decision to remove or restrict groups and accounts sharing and promoting QAnon material.

QAnon is a conspiracy theory that says President Trump is waging a war against elite Satan-worshipping paedophiles. -snip

What a bunch of dangerously unhinged nutters. Thank god and good riddance!

They've also put Trump(ers) on notice, consider yourselves warned:

Facebook, Twitter block Trump post that falsely claims coronavirus is less deadly than flu

Bashar Teg
qanon has relocated to http://www.REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.com

Robtard
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
qanon has relocated to http://www.REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.com That's also where Trump and his cult will relocate too once Trump's fully blocked.

eThneoLgrRnae
Not really surprising. Social media is nothing more than an extension of the Democrat party

This should be labelled election interference but I know the hypocrites on the left will say "nuh uh."

Quincy

Bashar Teg
N.J. man who reportedly ran QAnon conspiracy site fired by his banking employer

https://www.nj.com/union/2020/10/nj-man-who-reportedly-ran-qanon-conspiracy-site-fired-by-his-banking-employer.html

lulz

eThneoLgrRnae
Like I said, hypocrites.

Bashar Teg
he'd better hope fox news or orange news network is hiring

eThneoLgrRnae
I wanna make it clear that I don't give a shit about Qanon. I think they are a joke (Infowars is superior, imo) but they should still have a right to have their voice heard, just as Alex Jones should be allowed to as well.

Bashar Teg
his employer should be forced to keep him at his job while he destroys their reputation and credibility?

dadudemon
Oh man, so terrible that QAnon will...use all the other websites that they've always been using.

Censorship like this never works. It just makes them martyrs.

ilikecomics
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
I wanna make it clear that I don't give a shit about Qanon. I think they are a joke (Infowars is superior, imo) but they should still have a right to have their voice heard, just as Alex Jones should be allowed to as well.

thumb up

ares834
Originally posted by dadudemon

The Streisand effect.

Anyway, I've no strong feelings on this. I'm no fan of censorship but at the same time I recognize (and believe) that Facebook has the right to choose what is and is not allowed on their platform.

eThneoLgrRnae
If they want to be allowed to just censor anything they don't like then they should be labelled a 'publisher' instead of a 'platform', thereby losing their immunity to liability for what gets said on their platform.

They can't have it both ways.

jaden_2.0

I thought that initially until Tommy Robinson went from running for election at the height of his social media popularity to being forced out to the fringes of public discourse after his blanket ban.

cdtm
Originally posted by ares834
The Streisand effect.

Anyway, I've no strong feelings on this. I'm no fan of censorship but at the same time I recognize (and believe) that Facebook has the right to choose what is and is not allowed on their platform.

Pretty much this. Facebook wants to ban conspiracy nutters, that's their prerogative.

Quincy
I think QAnon people are sad idiots.

Getting kicked off of a platform for violating terms and services is not censorship, it's the system working correctly.

I was glad when the same thing happened with Alex Jones. The dude was an absolute knob. I don't think he should be tide down or not allowed to express himself (because it's important to keep track of who he will and won't string up to eat in the coming apocalypse)

By all means QAnon can utilize their little QAnon channels and keep writing "we go all" or some shit on urinals at Pizza Hut

cdtm
Oh man, so terrible that QAnon will...use all the other websites that they've always been using.

I bet there's been a lot of complaints.

That's usually how this stuff works. Could even be angry parents complaining, given the content is decidedly not appropriate for kids.

Old Man Whirly!

Censorship like this never works. It just makes them martyrs. Don't tell me you're a Qanon DDM that would be so perfect.

Robtard
They are the storm or something.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Quincy
Getting kicked off of a platform for violating terms and services is not censorship, it's the system working correctly.

Correct. It's still a private business. No matter how much people kick and scream, you can't force a business to NOT censor. They are not the government.

However, their actions have a legal liability - they become publishers when they editorialize like this. Then that makes them sue-able into oblivion. This is in the courts, now. Twitter will continue to editorialize until the cases go through. When they inevitably lose (as well as everyone else), and are required to stop editorialize their own users' content, be it 5 years or 20 years from now, then people will be able to exercise free speech on those platforms, again. Making places like "gab" an unnecessary organization as their foundational purpose for existing is no longer needed.

I don't celebrate non-violent censorship, ever. Perhaps I'm more tolerant of ideas being the liberal I am. I am the opposite of an authoritarian. In fact, I despise censorship of this kind. It is literally evil.

dadudemon
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
I thought that initially until Tommy Robinson went from running for election at the height of his social media popularity to being forced out to the fringes of public discourse after his blanket ban.

This is a great point.

But there are other examples where this did the opposite.

Such as the Jeffrey Epstein stuff.

Barbara Streisand's property.

Joe Biden's and Hunter Biden's corruption.

Etc.

When you try to hide information, it can sometimes make it a bigger deal.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Don't tell me you're a Qanon DDM that would be so perfect. Originally posted by Robtard
They are the storm or something. Dramatic for sure.

Robtard
"We Are The Storm" is QAnon's call sign now. Some Republican campaigns have picked it up as well.

ArtificialGlory
Qanon are retards, but I despise censorship more.

dadudemon
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Qanon are retards, but I despise censorship more.

Simplest but most accurate post in the thread.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Robtard
Facebook bans QAnon conspiracy theory accounts across all platforms

Facebook has banned all accounts linked to the QAnon conspiracy theory movement from its platforms.

"Starting today, we will remove Facebook Pages, Groups and Instagram accounts," the company said on Tuesday.

The move is a significant escalation to Facebook's earlier decision to remove or restrict groups and accounts sharing and promoting QAnon material.

QAnon is a conspiracy theory that says President Trump is waging a war against elite Satan-worshipping paedophiles. -snip

What a bunch of dangerously unhinged nutters. Thank god and good riddance!

They've also put Trump(ers) on notice, consider yourselves warned:

Facebook, Twitter block Trump post that falsely claims coronavirus is less deadly than flu

At least they're not pretending to be a platform anymore. That's something, I suppose.

Robtard
I don't care about FB, the only thing I use it for is for birthday reminders and if FB went away it wouldn't affect my life. But every user agrees to a EULA before using the service and if someone violates that, they risk the ban-hammer, it is what is is.

If someone is butthurt over FB banning QAnon, protest with your wallet, or equivalent. Delete your membership and account, send them that message.

Quincy
That's true. I wouldn't consider Broly "censored" when he gets banned.

That lovable little bastard.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Quincy
That's true. I wouldn't consider Broly "censored" when he gets banned.

That lovable little bastard. laughing out loud

snowdragon
I am addicted to their advertising platform, so easy to use so easy to bank on. If you run a business, FB is bread and butter for the private sector.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
N.J. man who reportedly ran QAnon conspiracy site fired by his banking employer

https://www.nj.com/union/2020/10/nj-man-who-reportedly-ran-qanon-conspiracy-site-fired-by-his-banking-employer.html

lulz

This looks like a post for the QTards thread.

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by cdtm
Pretty much this. Facebook wants to ban conspiracy nutters, that's their prerogative.

And yet I bet they didn't ban leftists for pushing the crazy conspiracy that Trump was faking covid or the conspiracy that he was actually much sicker than the doctors were saying.

They also don't ban crazy leftists who continue to push the already debunked nutty a** c onspiracy that Trump is an agent of Putin lol.

Funny how it's only certain conspiracies that they won't allow on their "platforms". Nah, if they wanna continue to be so biased in whose conspiracies are not ok and whose get a pass they should be deemed a publisher.

Sorry but none of the snowflake, double standard leftists on this forum have change my opinion on this one iota. I stand by what I said before, they can't have their cake and eat it too.

Old Man Whirly!
And yet I bet they didn't ban leftists for pushing the crazy conspiracy that Trump was faking covid or the conspiracy that he was actually much sicker than the doctors were saying.

They also don't ban crazy leftists who continue to push the already debunked nutty a** c onspiracy that Trump is an agent of Putin lol.

Funny how it's only certain conspiracies that they won't allow on their "platforms". Nah, if they wanna continue to be so biased in whose conspiracies are not ok and whose get a pass they should be deemed a publisher.

Sorry but none of the snowflake, double standard leftists on this forum have change my opinion on this one iota. I stand by what I said before, they can't have their cake and eat it too. durwank

eThneoLgrRnae
I don't care about FB, the only thing I use it for is for birthday reminders and if FB went away it wouldn't affect my life. But every user agrees to a EULA before using the service and if someone violates that, they risk the ban-hammer, it is what is is.

If someone is butthurt over FB banning QAnon, protest with your wallet, or equivalent. Delete your membership and account, send them that message.

As I said before, I don't care about Qanon. I've never taken them seriously.Infowars is another matter entirely though.

What bothers me and what people like you don't seem to get is the selective enforcement of those rules. When a certain side (conservatives and/or right-wingers) are banned far more than those on the other side (leftists/progressives) even though the latter engages in just as crazy conspiracies then it's obvious that FB and twitter have a clear bias in enforcing their rules and so should be deemed a publisher instead of a platform and hence losing their immunity to liability.

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
durwank

Yeah, I know you hate it that I'm 100% right and the fact you have no argument against and so just give it a little "hur dur" emoji instead.

Robtard
As I said before, I don't care about Qanon. I've never taken them seriously.Infowars is another matter entirely though.

What bothers me and what people like you don't seem to get is the selective enforcement of those rules. When a certain side (conservatives and/or right-wingers) are banned far more than those on the other side (leftists/progressives) even though the latter engages in just as crazy conspiracies then it's obvious that FB and twitter have a clear bias in enforcing their rules and so should be deemed a publisher instead of a platform and hence losing their immunity to liability.

But my Rightist brother, won't the free markets sort it all out cos a business has the right to do business or not do business with whom they please?

dadudemon

This only works when there isn't a monopoly.

There really isn't. But some think that you can only use twitter for tweet-like status updates. But there are a ton of other options that people simply don't use. The monopoly doesn't exist like those people claim. They just want bigger audiences because they are attention whores and lazy - they don't want to have to build a following on another platform.

Old Man Whirly!
But my Rightist brother, won't the free markets sort it all out cos a business has the right to do business or not do business with whom they please? laughing out loud

Blakemore
durwank I'm right and dey all haters!

eThneoLgrRnae
Poor Blakey... he's still upset that I exposed his deep sexual desires for Kent Hovind lol.

Robtard
Come on now, even Kent Hovind's wife doesn't really enjoy f**king him. It is known.

Adam_PoE
Come on now, even Kent Hovind's wife doesn't really enjoy f**king him. It is known.

I wonder if his fellow inmates in federal prison enjoyed ****ing him? By the way, here is the convict's mugshot:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/76/Hovind_portrait.jpg

Robtard
He looks rather soft, like he'd be traded for cigarettes from day one in the pen.

Bashar Teg
he does have a pretty mouth

Robtard
I wonder if he's smiling in that mugshot because he's daydreaming of the miles and miles of cock that awaited him in the near future.

Blakemore
This is so gay.

Dr Will Hatch
Kent Hovind. Now there's a name that I haven't heard in a long time.

eThneoLgrRnae
You must've not been visiting the GD or religion forum much then. Blakey can't get the man out of his head because Hovind routinely destroys his retarded religion of darwinian evolutionism.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.