The reason why Biden or Trump will probably give the UK a trade deal.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Old Man Whirly!
As will the EU...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/oct/08/china-strategic-threat-to-uk-as-northern-sea-route-clears-says-royal-navy-chief?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Blakemore
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
As will the EU...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/oct/08/china-strategic-threat-to-uk-as-northern-sea-route-clears-says-royal-navy-chief?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other I'm hoping we make a deal woth canada.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Blakemore
I'm hoping we make a deal woth canada. We need deals with Everyone, even China who we actually export shitloads to.

Tzeentch
Eh. Europe complains constantly about how the United States shouldn't be world police. They can deal with China on their own.

Artol
The fear of China is based on an orientation towards the US anyways. The EU should have a good relationship with China and with the US as far as possible, and it should try to use its limited influence to combat the human rights abuses of both as well.

As for a trade deal with the UK, everyone in power on both sides wants that really, the question is just what conditions are acceptable to them.

Lestov16
Of Course we need diplomacy with all of Western Europe. Putin is literally the ultimate Stalin/Hitler hybrid and China is literally a Orwell's 1984/Zamyatin's We hybrid, and a united (no-Trump-involved) NATO is the world's ONLY DEFENSE against them.

Artol
I think you are hyping China and Russia, who are both bad actors for sure, up too much. Clearly the biggest threat to peace and prosperity in the world are the United States, which both historically and contemporarily work to keep countries throughout the world in poverty and war. Russia and China wish they could do anything close to what the United States has been doing. Europe however has benefited from the United States monstrous behavior in the last century, so it makes a lot of sense from a selfish perspective to try to keep close to them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.