Gladiator vs Black Adam

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MrMind
Black Adam has all his feats

who wins

JBL
Gladiator ends the fight before Adam even blinks.

h1a8
Originally posted by JBL
Gladiator ends the fight before Adam even blinks.

Why is that?

JBL
Originally posted by h1a8
Why is that? Same way you say Superman makes people look like statues. Why question it now?

One Big Mob
http://grandmotherafrica.com/dear-white-people-adam-was-black-jesus-was-black/

???

carver9
Gladiator wins a healthy majority

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by MrMind

who wins

Pre-Crisis, Post-Crisis, New52, Rebirth?

One Big Mob
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Pre-Crisis, Post-Crisis, New52, Rebirth? Of course. This is Prepmind9 baby.

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

h1a8
Originally posted by JBL
Same way you say Superman makes people look like statues. Why question it now?

I'm not disagreeing or agreeing. Just want to know what standard you are using and that you keep using that standard for every thread. Agreed?

JBL
I'm not disagreeing or agreeing. Just want to know what standard you are using and that you keep using that standard for every thread. Agreed? I'm using the same standards you use.

h1a8
Originally posted by JBL
I'm using the same standards you use.

Ok well then. What's Gladiator's best feat of combat speed and reactions?

MrMind

isn't this the official canon? dc is composite

Originally posted by One Big Mob
Of course. This is Prepmind9 baby.

I took offense to that you weird old man

JBL
Ok well then. What's Gladiator's best feat of combat speed and reactions? Really?? Do you not know anything about gladiator?

MrMind
educate us, lord jbl

Philosophía
Black Adam.

MrMind

zopzop
Gladiator is awesome but Black Adam kills him. Comparable physical stats but BA has that magical lightning.

Stoic
And Gladiator can perform brain surgery on him with a glance.

Booya_69
Gladiators confidence will buckle.
Black Adam ftm

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Stoic
And Gladiator can perform brain surgery on him with a glance.

Wouldn't matter.

He had a tesseract bomb go off in his head.

Stoic
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Wouldn't matter.

So you're saying that it's impossible to KO Teth? I'd imagine that Gladiator could grab BA by the head and laser vision his eyes out giving him the ability to beat the shit out of him at super speed. If you're arguing that it would be impossible for this to happen, I'd love to know your reasons.

krisblaze
Wouldn't matter.

And that had him reeling.
Don't forget that the nerdbois took him down.

DarkSaint85
My point was that brain surgery isn't the way to go.......

krisblaze
It might be.
The brain attack was the first of the nerd attacks that really had an impact on him.

MrMind
fuk this im getting high

abhilegend
Since when Gladiator can perform brain surgery?

MrMind
I think they are mistaking gladiator with superman again

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by krisblaze
It might be.
The brain attack was the first of the nerd attacks that really had an impact on him.

Yes, but it was the equivalent of having a football field open up inside one's brain.

VERY different from what Stoic is proposing.

MrMind
Yes, but it was the equivalent of having a football field open up inside one's brain.

VERY different from what Stoic is proposing.

did i tell you i love you before?

Enzeru
My heart says Black Adam, but my brain says Gladiator.

There is just no world, where I can see Black Adam shattering planets with his fists or dodging Galactus blasts, after he fires them. So I think that Gladiator is stronger and faster. It would be a good and close fight though.

DarkSaint85
did i tell you i love you before?

https://i.postimg.cc/V6gR2LYy/18-1.jpg

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Enzeru
My heart says Black Adam, but my brain says Gladiator.

There is just no world, where I can see Black Adam shattering planets with his fists or dodging Galactus blasts, after he fires them. So I think that Gladiator is stronger and faster. It would be a good and close fight though.

Remember Black Adam has all of his feats. Which includes Silver Age.

tkitna
Originally posted by JBL
Really?? Do you not know anything about gladiator?

He does that constantly. He chimes in on threads in which he has no knowledge of the characters and then asks other people for information and feats. When others refuse and tell him to do his own homework, he uses that to defend his stance. He's a joke.

JBL
Originally posted by tkitna
He does that constantly. He chimes in on threads in which he has no knowledge of the characters and then asks other people for information and feats. When others refuse and tell him to do his own homework, he uses that to defend his stance. He's a joke. I see👍

abhilegend
Originally posted by tkitna
He does that constantly. He chimes in on threads in which he has no knowledge of the characters and then asks other people for information and feats. When others refuse and tell him to do his own homework, he uses that to defend his stance. He's a joke.
laughing out loud

Coming from you?

BruceSkywalker
Glads take care of business

h1a8
Originally posted by JBL
Really?? Do you not know anything about gladiator?

I know plenty. I'll rephrase the question.
What feat or feats are you basing "Gladiator ends the fight before Adam even blinks"?

JBL
I know plenty. I'll rephrase the question.
What feat or feats are you basing "Gladiator ends the fight before Adam even blinks"? Gladiator has punched and destroyed a planet. Gladiator crossed galaxies in the blink of an eye. Adam won't even know what hit him.

tkitna
Originally posted by abhilegend
laughing out loud

Coming from you?

Oh look, the village idiot chiming in. Dont you have multiple threads trying to prove Superman shakes multiverses everytime he farts or something?

MrMind
Post some scans

Make an argument at least

h1a8
Originally posted by JBL
Gladiator has punched and destroyed a planet. Gladiator crossed galaxies in the blink of an eye. Adam won't even know what hit him.

Punched a planet multiple times to destroy a dead planet. Good feat. Everyone knows that one. He definitely has the power to ko Adam.

Crossing galaxies in the blink of an eye is not applicable to combat.
Why? Because
1. We don't know what Gladiator's initial acceleration was. How long did it take him to even reach light speed?

2. Characters will not travel faster than what they can react to. Otherwise, they would crash into or overtake their destination. Reactions is all about time (distance/speed) and not speed alone.

Magnificent M
Battle of the stupid haircuts.

Widow's Peak
vs
Punk mohawk

At least Adam's is natural and not some attention seeking try-hard crap.

Adam wins.

Juntai
Adam. Which character in that tier have you ever seen stop Adam one on one? Or any tier, really, and what did it take?

Insane Titan
Adam destroys Gladiator.

JBL
Punched a planet multiple times to destroy a dead planet. Good feat. Everyone knows that one. He definitely has the power to ko Adam.

Crossing galaxies in the blink of an eye is not applicable to combat.
Why? Because
1. We don't know what Gladiator's initial acceleration was. How long did it take him to even reach light speed?

2. Characters will not travel faster than what they can react to. Otherwise, they would crash into or overtake their destination. Reactions is all about time (distances/speed) and not speed alone. It was a very durable planet. Gladiator waited until he blinked before he made his move, common sense would tell you that he would have been seen if he was already moving.

Stoic
Since when Gladiator can perform brain surgery?

Since when is Black Adam immune to damage of this level? Since when is Black Adam's eyes impervious to laser vision? That's pretty much what, or where I'm going with this. Being at least blinded by those beams would give Gladiator a decent amount of time to get in a crap load of damage. I was asking DarkSaint why this particular approach would be impossible.

abhilegend
Since when is Black Adam immune to damage of this level? Since when is Black Adam's eyes impervious to laser vision? That's pretty much what, or where I'm going with this. Being at least blinded by those beams would give Gladiator a decent amount of time to get in a crap load of damage. I was asking DarkSaint why this particular approach would be impossible.
I think Adam is fast enough to cross his arms.

h1a8
Originally posted by JBL
It was a very durable planet. Gladiator waited until he blinked before he made his move, common sense would tell you that he would have been seen if he was already moving.

Not more durable than average planet. But I agreed that he has the power to ko Adam.

You have to prove that he moved only when Heimdall blinked. How would Gladiator know when someone who does not have eye lids blink or be able to see that far without any feats to back that speculation up.

Also you did not rebut my argument about moving faster than reactions and that reactions is based off time (distance /speed) and not speed.

Stoic
I think Adam is fast enough to cross his arms.

I think Gladiator is strong enough to to momentarily grab Adam by the head and blind him. This power is a glaring advantage for Gladiator.

JBL
Not more durable than average planet. But I agreed that he has the power to ko Adam.

You have to prove that he moved only when Heimdall blinked. How would Gladiator know when someone who does not have eye lids blink or be able to see that far without any feats to back that speculation up.

Also you did not rebut my argument about moving faster than reactions and that reactions is based off time (distance /speed) and not speed. That planet survived the destruction if galaxies. Proof that it was far above normal planets durability. Read the book. It said that even a God has to blink once in awhile. While his eyes were open, gladiator waited. When his eyes closed during that blink, gladiator moved across galaxies. Not even your boy Superman can do that.

h1a8
Originally posted by JBL
That planet survived the destruction if galaxies. Proof that it was far above normal planets durability. Read the book. It said that even a God has to blink once in awhile. While his eyes were open, gladiator waited. When his eyes closed during that blink, gladiator moved across galaxies. Not even your boy Superman can do that.

It didn't survive the destruction of a galaxy wide attack. It, and many other nearby planets, remained after the death of the galaxy. Death of galaxies implies death of many stars. Stars dying do not greatly affect planets. The Earth still will be standing following the death of our Sun.

Wrong! No where did it say Gladiator waited for Heimdall to blink. Heimdall has no eye lids to blink. It was merely a figure of speech saying that Heimdall had a quick break from watching things.

Again you are ignoring my other arguments. This is trolling (ignoring evidence).

abhilegend
I think Gladiator is strong enough to to momentarily grab Adam by the head and blind him. This power is a glaring advantage for Gladiator.
I don't think he is strong enough to do that. What's stopping Adam from frying him with lightning?

Stoic
I don't think he is strong enough to do that. What's stopping Adam from frying him with lightning?

They're about equal in terms of strength and physical stats. Gladiator's laser beams are automatic. I'm not saying who would win, but instead stating that Gladiator would in no way be outclassed by Black Adam. Either could win, and Gladiator has a faster method of delivering a stun via laser vision to BA's eyes. It's one of the reasons that I'd give Superman, and his closest clones the win over BA, or Shazam. The heat vision to the eyes is nearly automatic, which even for the briefest of instances would cause temp blindness. When you're talking about guys that can move at those speeds, even 10 seconds is an eternity when considering the number of punches, kicks, elbows, etc that they can generate.

Again, either of these guys could win.

abhilegend
Except you're saying Gladiator can do it automatically to someone like Adam. Can he do it to say Thor too?

Stoic
Why wouldn't he be able to do that to Thor without PIS being included? He had Masterson and Wonder Man beat until plot had him stand there to gloat. When he grabbed Jane Thor by the throat he could've done that to her as well.

abhilegend
Why wouldn't he be able to do that to Thor without PIS being included? He had Masterson and Wonder Man beat until plot had him stand there to gloat. When he grabbed Jane Thor by the throat he could've done that to her as well.
What about say Silver Surfer?

Stoic
The Surfer's physical makeup is different than Thor and Black Adam. No true comparison can be made here. Thor did however need a device to keep up with a version of Gladiator that Reed made. So what if it was an alt? 616 Gladiator can move that fast as well. These comparisons don't work. Neither of these two are so far apart in stats that one would stomp the other without an exploit. Gladiator's go to move is probably faster than shouting Shazam since he only needs to look into his eyes and fire.

Those are my reasons.

Philosophía
Black Adam.

abhilegend
The Surfer's physical makeup is different than Thor and Black Adam. No true comparison can be made here. Thor did however need a device to keep up with a version of Gladiator that Reed made. So what if it was an alt? 616 Gladiator can move that fast as well. These comparisons don't work. Neither of these two are so far apart in stats that one would stomp the other without an exploit. Gladiator's go to move is probably faster than shouting Shazam since he only needs to look into his eyes and fire.

Those are my reasons.
So, you're unaware that Adam doesn't need to shout Shazam to attack with lightning, right?

JBL
So, you're unaware that Adam doesn't need to shout Shazam to attack with lightning, right? You're Unaware that gladiator will burn your face off with a smile on his face, right? I think there was a thread about Adam vs superman and you and the other super bias Superman fans said that Superman would do that to Adam. Yet when gladiator, someone who will kill you and start laughing is said to be able to do it, you Superman fans cry as usual. Sad

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
You're Unaware that gladiator will burn your face off with a smile on his face, right? I think there was a thread about Adam vs superman and you and the other super bias Superman fans said that Superman would do that to Adam. Yet when gladiator, someone who will kill you and start laughing is said to be able to do it, you Superman fans cry as usual. Sad
Superman has actually done that. Gladiator has not.

JBL
Superman has actually done that. Gladiator has not. So gladiator didn't burn off smasher face and fire at hyperion's face?

abhilegend
Face, yes. Eyes specifically? No.

Adam is durable enough to tank any HV from Gladiator at the face.

Stoic
What does that matter? He has the capability to do so is what I'm saying. It would not be impossible for either of these two to defeat one another. On average they're physical peers.

JBL
Face, yes. Eyes specifically? No.

Adam is durable enough to tank any HV from Gladiator at the face. Has Adam ever been in the sun?

RadZoa
I think Black Adam would just rip off Gladiator's arms, can Gladiator fight...unarmed? No? I don't think so

HumbleServant
They may not fight

Stoic
Originally posted by RadZoa
I think Black Adam would just rip off Gladiator's arms, can Gladiator fight...unarmed? No? I don't think so

When was the last time that you saw Black Adam performing aerial Kung Fu?

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
Has Adam ever been in the sun?
Why does it matter?

JBL
Why does it matter? You said Adam can tank gladiators eye beams that are hotter than a star. Now again, what's the most heat Adam has tanked?

krisblaze
He took MMH's eye beams in WW3.
It hurt, but it didn't kill him.

Adam was amped though.

Insane Titan

DarkSaint85
When was the last time that you saw Black Adam performing aerial Kung Fu?

bzO45CXysHM

who wins

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
You said Adam can tank gladiators eye beams that are hotter than a star. Now again, what's the most heat Adam has tanked?
Who has Gladiator actually beaten with these hotter than sun beams?

Stoic
So you guys persist in the idea that Gladiator would be no match for Black Adam? Are you trying to make it seem like BA is more than he actually is? If so, who would give him a good fight? Are you promoting him to Thanos levels? I'm trying to grasp why you guys believe that BA is above Gladiator's weight class?

DarkSaint85
Eh, I guess because OP gave him all his feats.

Comics, movies, Silver Age weird stuff (like the time he.... collected all the lightning in the world in his hands - stupid stuff like that) - it all counts for him.

Stoic
Ahhh so a tailor made one sided scam thread.

DarkSaint85
Well, others don't seem to think so.

Unless I'm the only one who reads OPs lol

krisblaze
Even without that stipulation Black Adam consistently outperforms Gladiator imo.

abhilegend
thumb up

MrMind
Eh, I guess because OP gave him all his feats.

Comics, movies, Silver Age weird stuff (like the time he.... collected all the lightning in the world in his hands - stupid stuff like that) - it all counts for him.

no pre crisis

StiltmanFTW
Too late:

isn't this the official canon? dc is composite

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by JBL
You said Adam can tank gladiators eye beams that are hotter than a star. Now again, what's the most heat Adam has tanked?

Where are the pics of your motorboats

MrMind
Too late:

dc current canon is pre52/n52/rebirth

get that shit straight

MrMind
Originally posted by One Big Mob
Of course. This is Prepmind9 baby.

lol

https://i.ibb.co/DP2FTRf/21.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/KhxDgX7/22.jpg

carver9
Gladiator

Enzeru

abhilegend
Adam

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.