Captain America vs. Silver Surfer (with a twist)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StiltmanFTW
Cap has to either KO, incapacitate Surfer or simply last an hour in a fight against him.

Pure hand-to-hand. No energy blasts or anything, melee combat only (though Steve can still throw his shield, if he wishes to).

No board for Surfer.

Who wins?

abhilegend
Surfer is a lot stronger than Cap, how is this a fight?

lawest9
Originally posted by abhilegend

BrolyBlack
Cap wrecks him JBL cries to his step mom

StiltmanFTW

He has no speed or skill.

Cap's been fighting Class 100 threats since like forever and doing more than okay.

abhilegend
For an hour?

StiltmanFTW
Yes. So Surfer actually gets a chance of winning this.

Norrin is one of the worst fighters in the Marvel Universe.

Cap is an excellent defensive fighter with low meta physicals, superb fighting skills, acrobatics training and indestructible shield capable of absorbing the impact of Class 100 blows.

abhilegend
Not sure if serious here.

StiltmanFTW
I am.

You need a list of ultra-powerful foes Cap has beaten, hurt or at least stalled?

Surfer is very limited in this thread. Close combat is not his forte (never has been).

lawest9
Will his stamina last for an hour ducking and dodging the Surfers blows, SS probably wouldn't tire as quickly.

lawest9
Again Cap can definitely evade SS punches for awhile and rain a lot more punches on Surfer, but even with the shield the strength and durability level is too great and far apart, I don't know how Cap could effectively hurt him.

DarkSaint85
He doesn't have to hurt Surfer.

He just needs to not get KOd.

lawest9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
He doesn't have to hurt Surfer.

He just needs to not get KOd. He'll have to stay out of his reach.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by lawest9
He'll have to stay out of his reach.

Or just tank the blows on his shield. Which he can.

Actually has a good chsnce here.

StiltmanFTW
Will his stamina last for an hour ducking and dodging the Surfers blows, SS probably wouldn't tire as quickly.

Cap's Super Soldier Serum grants him super-stamina... KMC loved to call it "infinite stamina", back in the day.

Dude starts his every morning running for miles for no reason other than light training --- after banging the living shit out of Sharon Carter's pussy and ass.

krisblaze
Surfer's way too fast and strong for this.

StiltmanFTW
Too fast...?

Without his board...?

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

Dude starts his every morning running for miles for no reason other than light training --- after banging the living shit out of Sharon Carter's pussy and ass.
The pounding must be really hard for her nowadays considering she's turned gilf.

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

Swallowing Super Soldier Sperm makes you age faster.

Philosophía
Cap.

It would most likely be a stalemate where Cap can't KO him, while Surfer gets Black Panther'd all over the battlefield.

StiltmanFTW
Thank you, Phil.

Now explain it to Abhi "I'm secretly in love with Goober" Legend vin

BrolyBlack

h1a8
Cap has to either KO, incapacitate Surfer or simply last an hour in a fight against him.

Pure hand-to-hand. No energy blasts or anything, melee combat only (though Steve can still throw his shield, if he wishes to).

No board for Surfer.

Who wins?

You know that SS can sit there and not flinch to any blows CA throws right?

SS can take the shield away from Cap like taking candy away from a baby if he wanted to.

Are you serious here?

Wonder Man
Unless Captain America reverses the throw and applies acceleration doubling the strike of the shields indigenous strength. Effectively cut off Silver Surfers head.

Wonder Man

AlbertoJohnAvil
Originally posted by h1a8

SS can take the shield away from Cap like taking candy away from a baby if he wanted to.

Are you serious here?

It's hand to hand, Cap wins. Surfer isnt more skilled than somebody like Steve in h2h

StiltmanFTW

Even though Steve hurt more powerful foes than Surfer?

Assuming he is invulnerable to Cap's blows, he still needs to do more than just no-sell his attacks; he needs to take Steve down.

No, he really can't.

Namor tried that and failed --- and Namor is faster and more skilled than Norrin without his board.

Philosophía
Thank you, Phil.

Now explain it to Abhi "I'm secretly in love with Goober" Legend vin https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111111271/3092357-panther3.jpg

Abhi has this as a poster on his wall and then he wants to act all high and mighty.

We can see through him.

celeyhyga17
Norrin Radd if serious.

wxyz
Silver Surfer wins by KO.

BruceSkywalker
Cap will take this.. he'll KO Norrin

lawest9
You guys do remember that BP drained Surfer of his power cosmic before he ko'ed him, don't you?

DarkSaint85
You guys remember Cap took a full on blast from a pissed off, full powered Phoenix Cyclops, right?

Edit: my bad, it was 50%. But he was trying to kill Charles.

https://i.postimg.cc/pL7CRW1w/RCO014-1475730213.jpg

celeyhyga17
Serious Surfer with his physicals is too much. This like a joke thread.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by celeyhyga17

What "physicals", exactly?

His strength that he forgets about more often than Superman forgets about his speed, you mean?

Or maybe his non-existent speed, agility and reflexes?

Enlighten me, celey.

Being Rage's pet was bad enough... but I see you now joined the ranks of Goober's sex slave boys...? Disgusting.

You have one hour to apologize and retract all statements. Or else.

StiltmanFTW
You guys remember Cap took a full on blast from a pissed off, full powered Phoenix Cyclops, right?

Edit: my bad, it was 50%. But he was trying to kill Charles.

https://i.postimg.cc/pL7CRW1w/RCO014-1475730213.jpg

Don't forget that he was able to actually affect 1/5 PF Namor with his shield throw, having had more success than Thor with a charged Mjolnir cheapshot.

Then you have him hurting Wonder Man, Ultimus, Griffin, Onslaught... KO'ing the Hulk and Namor/Namor clone... and the list goes on and on.

StiltmanFTW
You guys do remember that BP drained Surfer of his power cosmic before he ko'ed him, don't you?

He was still fully encased in the Galactic Glaze, so not completely depowered, far from it.

Point was, he can't fight --- what's gonna stop Cap from dancing circles around him, blocking and dodging his every blow, using his momentum against him... making a fool out of him?

celeyhyga17
What "physicals", exactly?

His strength that he forgets about more often than Superman forgets about his speed, you mean?

Or maybe his non-existent speed, agility and reflexes?

Enlighten me, celey.
This a forum fight. He gonna use his strength and speed to win.

Comic stupidity wont save Lord Rogers here.

Forgive me for my blasphemous statements btw agains Lord Rogers.

Being Rage's pet was bad enough... but I see you now joined the ranks of Goober's sex slave boys...? Disgusting.

You have one hour to apologize and retract all statements. Or else.

laughing

Magnificent M
To lazy to post scans, but remember in Fantastic Four #250, the fight between Cap and Gladiator?
Replace Gladiator with Surfer for a good idea of how this goes down.

StiltmanFTW
This a forum fight. He gonna use his strength and speed to win.

Strength, okay.

Speed? Again, what speed?

Navigation/travel feats? You realize his board is sentient, like Thor's shitty mallet?

Without his board, grounded, he's always been portrayed as quite helpless. Both in comics and tv shows. Coincidence? I think not.

Comic stupidity wont save Lord Rogers here.

Feats are stupid now?

Cap is an A-list superhero for a reason.

Forgive me for my blasphemous statements btw agains Lord Rogers.

Say it like you mean it or don't say it at all.

You wanna support Surfer, fine, but support him with feats.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Magnificent M
To lazy to post scans, but remember in Fantastic Four #250, the fight between Cap and Gladiator?
Replace Gladiator with Surfer for a good idea of how this goes down.

I remember.

And Surfer is nowhere near as fast as Gladiator in combat. In fact, he barely has any speed to speak of.

celeyhyga17
Feats? It would get embarrassing if we continue. Cap is hilariously out of his depth here.

StiltmanFTW

celeyhyga17
As embarrassing for you as this thread, yes...?

--- Street levelers vs Thor --- Speed comparison
So i guess u wanna bz thor speed now?
mhmm

Nyways.. Surfer murders Cap.

StiltmanFTW
How does he murder him?

How is he even going to tag Cap?

celeyhyga17
How does he murder him?

How is he even going to tag Cap?
Surfer top end reaction feats are too much. Cap cant compare.
Then u add strength. He might as well be a gnat.

StiltmanFTW
Cap blocked every punch Glads has thrown at lightspeed.

On panel.

Surfer... has no combat speed to speak of and you know it.

celeyhyga17

On panel.

Surfer... has no combat speed to speak of and you know it.
Lightspeed? Pretty sure he was standing there with his shield. Good feat, but doubtful cap was moving lightspeed there.

lawest9

On panel.

Surfer... has no combat speed to speak of and you know it. I agree, I think all of Surfers speed and at least some of his reflexes, reactions are due to his board, but if he lands a lucky shot however.........

StiltmanFTW
Lightspeed? Pretty sure he was standing there with his shield. Good feat, but doubtful cap was moving lightspeed there.

Standing there... and blocking Gladiator's barrage of punches, i-beam strike and heat vision without flinching.

What Surfer is going to do again?

celeyhyga17
Well for one he wont beetch out like Gladiator and pee his pants.

StiltmanFTW
He can't pee his pants, because he doesn't have a penis.

celeyhyga17
He can't pee his pants, because he doesn't have a penis.
Sure about that.

Pretty sure he can make one grow 3 times your height with a thought.

Wonder Man
Surfer roars like a star. Captain tip toes home.

StiltmanFTW
Sure about that.

Pretty sure he can make one grow 3 times your height with a thought.

He can turn himself into a frog.

But he can't grow a penis.

DarkSaint85
Am pretty sure Cyclops' eye blasts are lightspeed....

Stoic
The Surfer's superior strength should logically give him initial burst speed advantages. Tagging Steve wouldn't be some impossible task. I think that he'd have a good chance of KOing Cap.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Stoic
The Surfer's superior strength should logically give him initial burst speed advantages. Tagging Steve wouldn't be some impossible task. I think that he'd have a good chance of KOing Cap.

Tagging isn't an issue.

It's putting him down.

https://i.postimg.cc/sDmxQzb1/the-avengers-vs-the-immortal-hulk-1.jpg

Hulk's strength logically give him burst speed advantages too, yes? Strong enough to give Thor concussions, strong enough to overload Vibranium.

Not fast enough to avoid the shield, though,nor strong enough to KO Cap

StiltmanFTW
Tagging isn't an issue.

For Surfer, who is severely lacking combat speed (or any close combat efficiency) feats?

It certainly is.

Especially when Cap does not want to be touched.

--
But yeah, he has the shield and knows how to use it.

One of the most skilled combatants in the whole Marvel Universe with superhuman speed and agility faces a pacifist idiot with minimal experience in melee.

Gee, I wonder what could happen?

DarkSaint85
Tagging isn't an issue.

It's putting him down.

Hulk's strength logically give him burst speed advantages too, yes? Strong enough to give Thor concussions, strong enough to overload Vibranium.

Just noticed Cap is actually doing a full somersault (or at least, leaping over the fallen Thor) whilst Hulk is in full swing (check the speed lines on his fist).

StiltmanFTW
Yeah, Cap is fast like that thumb up

DarkSaint85
Saving the helpless elderly

krisblaze
Faster than Wolverine for sure.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by krisblaze
Faster than Wolverine for sure.

That's why he missed with his shield strike and got combo-hit 3 times for attempting such lame attack in their last encounter vin

krisblaze
That's why he missed with his shield strike and got combo-hit 3 times for attempting such lame attack in their last encounter vin

thumb up

abhilegend
Tagging isn't an issue.

It's putting him down.

That always makes me laugh. Such disregard for Thor lol.

Philosophía
Just noticed Cap is actually doing a full somersault (or at least, leaping over the fallen Thor) whilst Hulk is in full swing (check the speed lines on his fist). thumb up

For Surfer, who is severely lacking combat speed (or any close combat efficiency) feats?

It certainly is.

Especially when Cap does not want to be touched.

--
But yeah, he has the shield and knows how to use it.

One of the most skilled combatants in the whole Marvel Universe with superhuman speed and agility faces a pacifist idiot with minimal experience in melee.

Gee, I wonder what could happen? Surfer's only chance is to grab the shield, and Cap is simply too skilled and fast for that. And even then Cap arguably doesn't even need it.Thunderclap would be very far fetched.

Genii96
He has no speed or skill.

Cap's been fighting Class 100 threats since like forever and doing more than okay.

Green scar would argue this point tho

celeyhyga17
Surfer too fast, too strong.... Lord Rogers gets murdered here.

StiltmanFTW
That always makes me laugh. Such disregard for Thor lol.

Remember the end of the issue?

Thor couldn't even recover on his own without magic:

https://tinyurl.com/yxm6b2wv

StiltmanFTW
Surfer too fast, too strong.... Lord Rogers gets murdered here.

You haven't even mentioned a single feat, Celey.

So again, I ask --- what makes you think he's fast enough - without his board - to compete with Rogers in the melee combat?

StiltmanFTW

h1a8
Even though Steve hurt more powerful foes than Surfer?

Assuming he is invulnerable to Cap's blows, he still needs to do more than just no-sell his attacks; he needs to take Steve down.

No, he really can't.

Namor tried that and failed --- and Namor is faster and more skilled than Norrin without his board.

Using showings where characters are operating far below their average levels hold absolutely NO WATER here. If Surfer is a legit class 100 with nanosecond reactions (can move in relation to a few nanoseconds) then he can easily statue Cap and grab him or catch the shield.

StiltmanFTW
His board is sentient. It does all the work for him.

When grounded, his speed is very average.

DarkSaint85
https://i.postimg.cc/FRnwLxwn/1.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/q7wPkrwr/2.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/xCdW8Zpz/3.jpg

Yes, yes, I know they are all old scans.....but I found it interesting, all this time I thought the FF movie was completely wrong.

celeyhyga17
You haven't even mentioned a single feat, Celey.

So again, I ask --- what makes you think he's fast enough - without his board - to compete with Rogers in the melee combat?
He has a bunch of superhuman reaction feats.

Grabbing Nova(has superspeed) by the neck and throwing him and Nova having no idea who just did that to him.

Attempt at grabing the ig from Thanos a lightyear away. Moving that fast on the board requires extremely quick limb movement.

While pinned down by the Stranger(high end cosmic), Surfer moves and blasts him to escape. Stranger is surprised by his "lightning speed".

He has tk stopped an oncoming subway train in the "space of a microsecond".

While flying at speeds outracing detonation signal, he is able to locate and grab Nova(herald) to safety.

h1a8
His board is sentient. It does all the work for him.

When grounded, his speed is very average.

Wrong!
1. Surfer controls his board mentally. That's basic comic knowledge.
2. Surfer has feats of perceiving events and moving arms within a span of a few nanoseconds WITH and WITHOUT HIS BOARD.

DarkSaint85
Wrong!
2. Surfer has feats of perceiving events and moving arms within a span of a few nanoseconds WITH and WITHOUT HIS BOARD.

Not quite wrong.

He's called Toomie, if you please.

https://i.postimg.cc/CK8JsBmJ/RCO012-1468665999.jpg

StiltmanFTW
Yes, yes, I know they are all old scans.....but I found it interesting, all this time I thought the FF movie was completely wrong.

Mainstream, alternate universes, cartoons, movie you just mentioned...

They all agree that Surfer becomes quite helpless without his board.

And it's not just because he loses the ability to fly --- his very fighting style depends on it too much.

celeyhyga17
What are Cap's best speed/reaction feats?

StiltmanFTW
Dodging and blocking lasers in zero gravity?

https://tinyurl.com/y69ayyev

Boardless Surfer can't hope to match him.

celeyhyga17
Your scan says he's timing the firing period. He's also completely aware of the movement of the nozzles. Though the scan involves laser beams, Cap is outmaneuvering the system more than anything. It's good, but not great.

StiltmanFTW
Even if you decide to nitpick the shit out of it (which is fine), it's still better than any feat Surfer has, I'm afraid.

celeyhyga17
U sure about that?

StiltmanFTW
After wasting a decade and a half on this site and seeing everything eunuch fanboys had to offer?

Yes.

Ambient

h1a8
Dodging and blocking lasers in zero gravity?

https://tinyurl.com/y69ayyev

Boardless Surfer can't hope to match him.

It takes less than 30mph speed to aim dodge.

I already explained to you that Surfer has feats of moving, perceiving, and reacting with limbs within the span of nanoseconds with and without his board.

abhilegend

Philosophía
I wholeheartedly laughed when I saw Surfer fans posting showings that, incidentally, prove that Cap is faster both in reaction and movement than him.

The infinity gauntlet scene, for example.

https://i.ibb.co/s2ztSHQ/805a-OIq-FBm-EU6-Od-P-CSPu-QLOh-ZRXK7o-Km4o-Clfz3-L7dg75trux-Qzd0-Kt-PGfyue68jc-In6c-D4-N-5z-s1600.jpg https://i.ibb.co/9vyjPzP/53-To-Ep0sd-ONT2-B-Yj-XTWrqlb-U-d-JT2-JD03t-Gw5onu90k-Rx-H7y-Mi-Z0-FTMig-St-GP1m-FZg-HNOd-JKJWQ-s160.jpg https://i.ibb.co/Wy3jhYf/s-DYNO8-Ua-AYj-RHXCnl0oj-Ka-BE0gc0-Hf-S19-Yjf-LT5qk-Tr3-VFa-BE89dv-Oh-JJLZ11de-Umx-Pf-VJ-Ej-Kzx-s160.jpg

You can see Captain America not only react to Surfer as he's trying to grab Thanos' IG -- but also completely changing his stance to prepare and attack as Surfer fails and Thanos turns towards him. Surfer completely misses and couldn't adjust to grab it, meanwhile Cap perceives it, reacts, is able to adjust his entire body to the situation -- and he didn't even have any idea Surfer was coming before he saw him.

They should have given Cap the board and the Infinity Gauntlet story would have been done within 4 issues.

https://i.gifer.com/GoU8.gif

Good job thumb up

Not that it will stop you but Midnight Son and Ganeymede who are barely superhuman in speed have blitzed Surfer just fine. lol, you don't even need to go that high.

Black Panther jumped on his board and put him in an armlock before he could react:

https://i.ibb.co/5Mv96Y9/i-RXK9g-Pp6-Npr2ut-Y8apt-Jh-VQCUIp9oj242-EUi-Uz0-vy9-L3j8rttuithvx-D23j-UNOUf-Q8-Ws-Pdib-Vf-s1600.jpg https://i.ibb.co/sWmjXtG/ss42-Olq0n9a-R5l-TKbm1zvr-W-c-C9l79-Sg-Zpf-Cj-PPSq6oy-XAk-Kaazgzw-Tzj1o-YYm-Bwe-Xg-Wy5-Xc-Vq-K-s1600.jpg

And I haven't even begun with the shitload of other showings.

Cap would tango-dance around him for an entire hour -- even if he cannot actually KO him

Philosophía
This is not instant teleportation. The teleportation destination is visible in the infrared spectrum before he materializes. It's not dissimilar to Magneto, for example, being able to know where Nightcrawler teleports before he does so:
https://imgur.com/a/KMWwMaq

Wrong!
2. Surfer has feats of perceiving events and moving arms within a span of a few nanoseconds WITH and WITHOUT HIS BOARD. The board is sentient -- like a separate character that is connected to Surfer. He can give it commands and then do something else while it obeys.

That is basic comic knowledge

celeyhyga17
Surfer was over a lightyear away and had to fly ftl. While flying ftl, he had the wherewithal to swipe at the ig. No human is going to be able to do that. U need to have superhuman reaction. Cap wasn't reacting to Surfer.

He's done this more than once. Another good superhuman reaction was locating and grabbing Nova(herald) while flying at speeds that outraced an electronic signal.

Still havent really seen anything from Cap that makes things more interesting.

StiltmanFTW
It takes less than 30mph speed to aim dodge.

I already explained to you that Surfer has feats of moving, perceiving, and reacting with limbs within the span of nanoseconds with and without his board.

In zero gravity, when attacks are coming from all directions? Good luck.

He doesn't have such feats.

Philosophía
h1 about to show us Surfer dancing around Spiderman.

Oh...wait.

celeyhyga17

He doesn't have such feats.
The crucial part of that feat was Cap timing the firing rate and the movement of the laser nozzles.

h1a8

He doesn't have such feats. Yup. If you move 30mph then you can successfully aim dodge all kinds of attacks. Just move out of the way before the fire. Note: You see in most of those scans Cap isn't moving at all. Either He already moved before the fire or those computers are terrible at targeting.

Here's the nail in the coffin.
This is a famous fiction trope where human characters evade multiple machine gun fire by simply running less than 20mph.

h1a8

Philosophía
Surfer can move his arms within the span of nanoseconds (as shown). He can't dance around someone within the span of nanoseconds.

Oh, h1. But that's exactly what happens. Spiderman has a very blatant h2h speed advantage against Surfer.

And no matter how much you might lowball Cap, he's never looked this slow against Pete.

https://i.ibb.co/cgJ8HLY/6z-Nbh-GIDI33-AHz-H0-Ta-Fnxf-Baf-KBx-KTFYQ2-j4-o-Ec-FWte-Gs34-DZFe73-IT4uhim-B7-Iwm-NE-QEor-Ca-s1600.jpg https://i.ibb.co/gyL0sHX/e-R0-Kr58-Ns-Vz-YJBdrjc-Vkz-XDq-Smh1nw-Zb4-VIb532zg-Tz-ZOtp-D91-MMGACNri-DVk-JYQ9q-Wh1ao-Ikvl-s1600.jpg https://i.ibb.co/s3sZqm8/53-R7-RHrah-RBqwxwloq4-MLj-EBp-Gpz7i9frl-HXmh0s-K4b-Jqwo-Tl-AA6at-Wt8gh-IZFpp4-BOAzb4ib-HJ-s1600.jpghttps://i.ibb.co/wYQcV8y/h-EJ6g-QIERr-K5z-ZJIaf4-RK7b-ZGSi-V16-LC-ha-DPkyegp-gzhmu-EKLOOa-ZEOm-PSZr-Nqmt5-LD5gi-o-Dq-s1600.jpg

---

More:

https://i.ibb.co/1rVfnWB/scb0d-JW54-E3-Qgkt0-Jn-Rmz5-OSx6y8lt-E6mcz-OONy-S38z-Qu6-JCv-E4o-Hq-Xx1x-Upm-V864-Qwi-JI3x-Bitk-PQ-s.jpg https://i.ibb.co/W5DzPZN/nc-JLQo-Yb-KBa-Ptx-KYl-u4-Az-UUux-Fq-DQ0zxnt-Ly-BQIMj-MMs-Njn-l-YE1nj-T9a-Cf-YNGv-Zcha-I2-FZYx-P-MQ.jpg https://i.ibb.co/K5KFKT7/y-P8d-BTm-WANSCw28s-VVc6-AFO9-P5m-Tu28-UWL5b-Rz4umj-URMhp-Pa-Dfl8q-Cab-AQRo-Y2-W0q-Z76-Jf6-KPjn-Q-s1.jpg https://i.ibb.co/QvZTK4k/AOMp-WA9k2c-YPBq-Bzi-Kk-54-Ko-Gt2e0-Ffd5g-D5-L4f-LTWj9b-OVZ7cqsu-Fe-Bu-BW42b-E-OQfm6-K3-Nb-FAb-Tg-s1.jpg https://i.ibb.co/C8rZyv0/p-Gl-Kq-Yff18-Jxk7-M0po-Uwj-ZJk-UTSny-W4g-E4u-OUdg-Ua-To-Mtb-S3-Jh-Eyi-AAQHf-CQg-0rbc-Wj-EW7f7-Am-SA.jpg

Surfer: "Even your dexterity is no match for my cosmic board "
Spidey: "I wouldn't be so sure about that!"

As it has been explained to you numerous times already -- Surfer's speed is based on the thought controlled, sentient board. In the last scan, you can tastily enjoy Spiderman blitzing him through a cosmic blast -- all the while in previous scans dodging his blasts, outmanuvering him and ending up below his board, webbing him off it, tripping him off it and more. Spiderman of courses loses seeing as how he's exhausted and can barely stand by the end -- but take away the board and power cosmic and, well, you've got this thread.

celeyhyga17
We can sit here all day showing extremely fast characters getting tagged or even sometimes embarrassed by logically much slower opponents... Lord knows theres a bazillion of them.
Or, we can talk about actual feats that really matter so we can objectively observe them.

abhilegend
You're right, Surfer was hallucinating and said he moves in a nanosecond. Daredevil also said he moves in a nanosecond in similar situation. Ergo Daredevil is as fast as Surfer.

StiltmanFTW
Let's sum it up.

Without his board, Surfer doesn't know how to fight well. Or how to move well in general.

Whereas Cap has problem tagging Cosmic Carnage w/ his board, lol.

abhilegend
Some "nanosecond statements".

Deathstroke

https://imgur.com/a/ylUYGmB

Daredevil

http://i.imgur.com/ZpsLYUq.png

Alan Scott

https://i.imgur.com/nGUyGXv.png

All are as fast as Surfer objectively.

krisblaze
That DD arc was underrated as fug

celeyhyga17

Deathstroke

Daredevil

Alan Scott

All are as fast as Surfer objectively.
Yeah, but he also has perception and reaction feats that kind go along with him able to percieve a nanosecond.

abhilegend
Without his board? Do tell.

celeyhyga17
Without his board? Do tell.
Does he need his board to percieve and or move his limbs? The board can only do so much.

Philosophía
You're right, Surfer was hallucinating and said he moves in a nanosecond. Daredevil also said he moves in a nanosecond in similar situation. Ergo Daredevil is as fast as Surfer.

Well...

https://i.ibb.co/54k2dtq/Daredevil-2520030-009.jpg https://i.ibb.co/GsFvFRR/Daredevil-2520030-010.jpg https://i.ibb.co/DDg4KVG/Daredevil-2520030-011.jpg

ha-som

Deathstroke

Daredevil

Alan Scott

All are as fast as Surfer objectively. Even Cyclops has nanosecond statements -- and his are not randomly said but by the narration itself:
https://ibb.co/88sjmt1

Imagine relying on statements.

laughing out loud

StiltmanFTW
Does he need his board to percieve and or move his limbs? The board can only do so much.

He needs it be actually effective on the battlefield, as his fighting style depends on it too much.

Again, regardless of the media, he's been portrayed as clumsy and hapless without it. Hell, even had the very board used against him.

Even if Norrin could lay a finger on Cap, his shield is capable of absorbing every blow... and Steve is skilled enough to keep dancing around opponents who are actually fast, nimble and capable of flying (unlike Norrin here).

abhilegend
Except we have seen his body movements can't match his board's movements. Why would he need a board if he can move that fast himself? It's just like Thor and mjolnir.

StiltmanFTW
Except we have seen his body movements can't match his board's movements. Why would he need a board if he can move that fast himself? It's just like Thor and mjolnir.

It's worse.

Thor knows the basics of fighting and melee combat.

Surfer doesn't. And he always feels out of his element when without his board.

celeyhyga17
The board is his calling card. Doesnt mean his perception and arms can't be fast w/o it.

abhilegend
So post feats of him being fast without the board.

StiltmanFTW
The board is his calling card. Doesnt mean his perception and arms can't be fast w/o it.

Then why his showings say otherwise?

DarkSaint85

Then it will be easy enough to show in his hundreds of appearances, over a career spanning ~55 years, to show...one? Two? Instances of him perceiving and moving his limbs within nanoseconds.

Edit: laughing out loud

Philosophía
Surfer's board is literally a separate sentient being that even became friends with Alicia, Dawn and more.

DarkSaint85

StiltmanFTW
thumb up

And it makes perfect sense, considering the nature and utilization of "Surfer's" speed.

krisblaze
Remember when Surfer trapped Mar-vell inside his board?

I always thought it was some frizzy special power.

Turns out it was just the board satisfying its vore fetish.

Philosophía
Originally posted by krisblaze
Remember when Surfer trapped Mar-vell inside his board?

I always thought it was some frizzy special power.

Turns out it was just the board satisfying its vore fetish. rjlSiASsUIs

This is what you hear when you're inside the board.

celeyhyga17
So post feats of him being fast without the board.
Surfer jumps, swings, flips, blasts, hacks, slashes, and martial arts' his way against countless immune cells and antibodies. Apparently they were designed to kill ftl intruders. Oh and yeah, the Surfer's severely weakened here. Even if Cap had the durability, he would get eaten up within the first fraction of a nanosecond in this scenario.

https://i.ibb.co/1q0TrM1/Silver-Surfer-Black-03-of-05-013.jpghttps://i.ibb.co/sW034s1/Silver-Surfer-Black-03-of-05-014.jpghttps://i.ibb.co/6RH9hpq/Silver-Surfer-Black-03-of-05-015.jpghttps://i.ibb.co/R0ZpL6w/Silver-Surfer-Black-03-of-05-016.jpghttps://i.ibb.co/qNnMsrb/Silver-Surfer-Black-03-of-05-017.jpg

Surfer fans can thank me later.

krisblaze
Surfer fans can thank me later.

https://theculturedprimate.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/neqywj0clskuur_1_4.jpg

abhilegend
And how exactly is that different from Daredevil or Logan mowing down countless hand ninjas?

celeyhyga17
And how exactly is that different from Daredevil or Logan mowing down countless hand ninjas?
Hand Ninjas dont get at you at hyperlight speeds.

https://i.ibb.co/1q0TrM1/Silver-Surfer-Black-03-of-05-013.jpg

abhilegend
It was designed to kill hyper light viruses. Doesn't mean the antibodies were FTL. Don't you read your own scans?

StiltmanFTW
Average hand ninja is already faster than Surfer.

celeyhyga17
It was designed to kill hyper light viruses. Doesn't mean the antibodies were FTL. Don't you read your own scans?
Lol..

An immune system uses cells and antibodies to attack foreign organisms and substances.

Ego's was made kill ftl intruders. Logically speaking it should have absolutley overwhelmed such a "slow" organism. wink
It couldn't.

No amount of mental gymnastics can save detractors here.

DarkSaint85
Like when they overwhelmed him, you mean? laughing out loud
So still none without his board ,I see.

Philosophía
lmao

StiltmanFTW
Celey is doing an even worse job here than in the Thor vs. Street Levelers Speed Comparison thread, lol.

celeyhyga17
Like when they overwhelmed him, you mean? laughing out loud
So still none without his board ,I see.
He most likely couldve destroyed them all. U mustve missed the part where he purposely stopped for fear of endangering Ego's life.

Lol. His board is his calling card. He's gonna have it with him 99 out of a 100.
Apparently reacting to and attacking countless enemies designed to kill ftl opponents is not enuff. I mean....
sad

celeyhyga17
Celey is doing an even worse job here than in the Thor vs. Street Levelers Speed Comparison thread, lol.
Oh please..

Im still waiting for that bz.

CosmicComet
Even humans have massive reflex feats while on his board.

Where are Surfer's without it?

darthgoober
Regular humans have durability feats like being durable enough to survive an explosion point blank and/or extended beatings from cl 100s like Doomsday. They're sometimes shown to be strong enough to shatter hardened steel and break out of full nelsons and bear hugs from people we know to be dozens(if not hundreds) of times stronger than they are. Their moves have even been known to chump guys like Flash and Supes in close combat.

Point is, the fact that "humans" have superhuman feats doesn't invalidate the superhuman nature of the feats of other characters. If Cap/Batman/Daredevil/Deathstroke have lightspeed feats then that's good for them, but it doesn't change the fact that Surfer has lightspeed feats of his own. Now if people want to argue that Cap(or any other street level guy) can bob and weave around Surfer like nothing because he's a legit lightspeed+ fighter and he has the feats to back it up then that's their case to make, but someone like Karate Kid throwing around kryptonians doesn't prove that Kryptonians are approximately equal to humans. Those are feats FOR the character who preforms them, it doesn't take away from the abilities of their opponents.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Even humans have massive reflex feats while on his board.

Where are Surfer's without it?
He's performing physical acts against, targetting, reacting to, and perceiving multiple assailants at all angles, designed to kill intruders who can go ftl. And he was not exclusively on his board every step of the way.

h1a8

abhilegend
Lol..

An immune system uses cells and antibodies to attack foreign organisms and substances.

Ego's was made kill ftl intruders. Logically speaking it should have absolutley overwhelmed such a "slow" organism. wink
It couldn't.

Thanos has overcome the same antibodies. He must be FTL too?

laughing out loud

Idiot.

abhilegend
Originally posted by darthgoober
Regular humans have durability feats like being durable enough to survive an explosion point blank and/or extended beatings from cl 100s like Doomsday. They're sometimes shown to be strong enough to shatter hardened steel and break out of full nelsons and bear hugs from people we know to be dozens(if not hundreds) of times stronger than they are. Their moves have even been known to chump guys like Flash and Supes in close combat.

Have they now? You mean to say if Superman blitzes Batman it means he is blitzing a FTL being?

laughing out loud

Give one hypersonic speed feat for Surfer without his board, forget FTL.

celeyhyga17
Thanos has overcome the same antibodies. He must be FTL too?
laughing out loud

Did he? When?

Iirc only Thor and Rom has fought his antibodies.
With Thor, Ego created antibodies based on Thor's genetic makeup(clones). So Thor essentially fought countless clones of himself.
In rom's case he fought some, but not nearly as many as the other 2. Also he was overwhelmed until he used a wide beam neutralizer to blast them off him.

Anyways, this story is separate from those books. You can't simply hand wave away particular dictates of a story just because you don't like it.

No need to be angry.

abhilegend
Did he? When?

Iirc only Thor and Rom has fought his antibodies.
With Thor, Ego created antibodies based on Thor's genetic makeup(clones). So Thor essentially fought countless clones of himself.
In rom's case he fought some, but not nearly as many as the other 2. Also he was overwhelmed until he used a wide beam neutralizer to blast them off him.

Anyways, this story is separate from those books. You can't simply hand wave away particular dictates of a story just because you don't like it.

Thanos, a god up there listening.

Right, because the stories exist in vacuum now.

Laughing at your stupidity more like it.

celeyhyga17
Thanos, a god up there listening.

Right, because the stories exist in vacuum now.
Just checked. He never faced antibodies.

Like I said, it's faulty to treat things exactly the same in such a medium. Iirc there was not even one mention of antibodies, even though Ego ingested him in the story.

Anger levels at 9000. It's just comics my guy.

darthgoober
Have they now? You mean to say if Superman blitzes Batman it means he is blitzing a FTL being?

laughing out loud

Give one hypersonic speed feat for Surfer without his board, forget FTL.
Sure they have. I mean are you denying that peakhuman/low superhuman have accomplished all those things? Of course they have. As for the example, no that's not what I'm trying to convey, but Hell it's not like it'd be technically inaccurate depending on how one judges things. Bat's has(to varying degrees of success) mounted offenses and/or defenses against the speed of guys like Impulse, Zoom, Wonder Woman, and Supes... So if one were inclined to totally disregard meta notions like PIS or SMvF then I'd say he definitely has the feats to back up the claim.

But as I mentioned, no that's not actually what I'm saying because I factor in things like PIS as a matter of logic and common sense. Batman's character concept doesn't support the notion that he possesses that level of speed IMO so I toss out a lot of his craziest feats when I size him up, just as I do for many others of a similar nature. I don't throw out all their crazy stuff by any stretch of the imagination, but I've seen the on panel narration specifically say that Cap was moving at the speed of light at least once(possibly twice) and I still refuse to credit him with that level of ability because it exceeds the maximum level to which I can suspend disbelief. Others are free to disagree of course, I'm just saying how I personally weigh things from my perspective as a reader/fan.

abhilegend
Just checked. He never faced antibodies.

He did. Ego threw everything at him.

Do you know how indigestion works?

laughing out loud

abhilegend
Sure they have. I mean are you denying that peakhuman/low superhuman have accomplished all those things? Of course they have. As for the example, no that's not what I'm trying to convey, but Hell it's not like it'd be technically inaccurate depending on how one judges things. Bat's has(to varying degrees of success) mounted offenses and/or defenses against the speed of guys like Impulse, Zoom, Wonder Woman, and Supes... So if one were inclined to totally disregard meta notions like PIS or SMvF then I'd say he definitely has the feats to back up the claim.

So if Superman can blitz characters with FTL feats like Batman as you say, why can't he blitz character with similar feats like Surfer?

Surfer's character concept doesn't support him having speedster level speed or reflexes either. He is no different from Green Lantern or Thor in that regard. Its just that he has a surfboard instead of a ring and hammer and it frees him to do some hand movements in travel but that's not proof of superspeed anymore than GL sommersaulting in flight making him fight at superspeed.

But you want to have your cake and eat it too. That's nice.

DarkSaint85
Also....I mean, sure it's all fun and games to bring up Batman and DD etc....

But the fundamental point still remains - where are these amazing speed feats of Surfer without his board? Even in celeys attempt, we have his board present,cutting them up for him before he gets overwhelmed. Moreover,them dealing with hyperlight viruses doesn't mean they're FTL, any more than say Captain Cold or Weather Wizard or Trickster or Captain Boomerang get Flash's highest speed feats.

StiltmanFTW

But as I mentioned, no that's not actually what I'm saying because I factor in things like PIS as a matter of logic and common sense. Batman's character concept doesn't support the notion that he possesses that level of speed IMO so I toss out a lot of his craziest feats when I size him up, just as I do for many others of a similar nature. I don't throw out all their crazy stuff by any stretch of the imagination, but I've seen the on panel narration specifically say that Cap was moving at the speed of light at least once(possibly twice) and I still refuse to credit him with that level of ability because it exceeds the maximum level to which I can suspend disbelief. Others are free to disagree of course, I'm just saying how I personally weigh things from my perspective as a reader/fan.

Darth, who do you think wins this one?

Philosophía
Stupid iPhone apostrophes.
The fact that you didn't address #2 means you conceded the argument. h1, you said Spiderman can't dance around Surfer. I showed you he did. Are you ready to apologize and maybe ask me for information, before you, uninformed as you are, continue spewing unsupported gibberish that you then cry about people not taking you seriously?

Get better. It's not too late.

Celey is doing an even worse job here than in the Thor vs. Street Levelers Speed Comparison thread, lol. I ,for one, can't eyeball the difference between cowshit and horseshit.

But the fundamental point still remains - where are these amazing speed feats of Surfer without his board? Even in celeys attempt, we have his board present,cutting them up for him before he gets overwhelmed. Moreover,them dealing with hyperlight viruses doesn't mean they're FTL, any more than say Captain Cold or Weather Wizard or Trickster or Captain Boomerang get Flash's highest speed feats. thumb up

The anti-bodies purpose is to swarm hyper light viruses . Seeing as how they had an easy time swarming Surfer, that purpose was fulfilled -- they were just not powerful/durable enough to actually kill him. Same way, I dunno, if a "hyper light virus" like a random Green Lantern had been in Mogo, it would also overpower them with blasts/constructs.

Abhi was quite right when he called them hand ninja antibodies, lol.

Sin I AM

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Sin I AM

Check your PM box, Sin.

You haven't been right about a single thing this year. Quite an accomplishment, even for a female.

celeyhyga17

But the fundamental point still remains - where are these amazing speed feats of Surfer without his board? Even in celeys attempt, we have his board present,cutting them up for him before he gets overwhelmed. Moreover,them dealing with hyperlight viruses doesn't mean they're FTL, any more than say Captain Cold or Weather Wizard or Trickster or Captain Boomerang get Flash's highest speed feats.
Thats a 2 faced question guy.
He has his board 99 out of a 100. Its like when abhi forces a question about thor, but wait.. Oh no. No hammer.. No, no, no.

Look beyond the board. He is reacting to multiple assailants at designed to take down ftl intruders. He was also not on his board exclusively.

As per the comic, they kill hyperlight intruders. How else can they hope to match ftl intruders. Literally all they do is follow and directly get at u. Is there something else u saw how they handle intruders?

Now im seeing they "swarm". Lol. You cant stack statues right?

abhilegend
Thats a 2 faced question guy.
He has his board 99 out of a 100. Its like when abhi forces a question about thor, but wait.. Oh no. No hammer.. No, no, no.

Look beyond the board. He is reacting to multiple assailants at designed to take down ftl intruders. He was also not on his board exclusively.

As per the comic, they kill hyperlight intruders. How else can they hope to match ftl intruders. Literally all they do is follow and directly get at u. Is there something else u saw how they handle intruders?

Now im seeing they "swarm". Lol. You cant stack statues right?
I don't know, swarm the viruses from all sides like they did with Surfer.

Wonder Woman has broken chains designed to hold Superman, Black Panther has broken cells designed to hold the Hulk. Doesn't mean they are stronger than Superman or Hulk.

You're an idiot.

Philosophía
I don't think he understands, tbh.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>