Monster Hunter (Paul Anderson)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Patient_Leech
Another Paul Anderson crapfest or maybe some fun to be had?

3od-kQMTZ9M

BruceSkywalker
will prolly see

KingD19
The one thing I'll give it, is that the CGI for the monsters like Diablos and the actual Monster Hunter side looks faithful to the games. I'm not sure why they needed to set it in the modern world with modern people. It had plenty on it's own that a good script would've let it take place entirely in that land.

Kazenji
The international trailer is put together better

BeON-bSbrL4

Originally posted by KingD19
I'm not sure why they needed to set it in the modern world with modern people. It had plenty on it's own that a good script would've let it take place entirely in that land.

I agree with all that of that, Also another thing i don't know why the film itself is so serious. The games were hardly that.

dynamix
should've know it was Anderson when i saw his wife in the trailer lol. talk about nepotism. Resident Evil(s) and now this ha

riv6672
Meh. Will pass.

Robtard
Looks shit. But I will watch it for free.

Patient_Leech
Why are they releasing this in theaters? Isn't everything coming to theaters this year bombing big time?

Surtur
Chick from Resident Evil looks like she needs some dick, but other than that meh

Kazenji
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Why are they releasing this in theaters? Isn't everything coming to theaters this year bombing big time?

There are some countries that have gotten their shit together over the covid, America being not one of them

I heard during the week the movie is editing out a scene that was racist towards people of asian descent, The same scene that got the moviebanned from China.

NemeBro
Looks like shit but frankly a Monster Hunter film had basically zero potential to ever be good. It's an idea that is conceptually dead in the water from the get-go if you wanted a film faithful to the games.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Kazenji
There are some countries that have gotten their shit together over the covid, America being not one of them

Right, but the US is the biggest market.

riv6672

Patient_Leech
Was there anyone brave enough to go to the theater for this? I'm curious how it was.

riv6672

Dreampanther
I quite enjoyed it. Skips the plot/backstory and jumps straight into the action. Helps if you like the Milla Jovovich/Paul Anderson combination. Plus, it was shot in the Cape, which is always cool.
7/10 for me, as I was in the mood for some brainless fun.

Robtard
Watched it yesterday at home, was complete shit imo.

Milla Jovovich has aged really well though. She's 45 and looks great.

riv6672

Patient_Leech
Sweet, it's out... I'll try to get on it soon...

Kazenji
Paul W. S. Anderson needs to stay from doing game adaptations, Hasn't made a decent one since the first Mortal Kombat.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Robtard
Milla Jovovich has aged really well though. She's 45 and looks great.

She is indeed very well preserved.

Yeah, I watched it and it's a potentially fun premise ruined by Paul Anderson's extremely poor writing. He borrowed from much better alien survival movies without having any story whatsoever. I know 0% about the game, though.

And some of the editing was unnecessarily choppy and annoying.

But WHAT THE F#CK was that humanoid cat thing?? laughing out loud

Robtard
I believe the anthropomorphic cat is a character from the game, it acts like a companion to the character.

riv6672
Finally got around to watching, and yeah, the cat guy threw me for a loop there!

The damn movie had so many holes in it!
I was really hoping for more Military versus monster action. Milla Jovovich Is still fine af though. That cadence she and her men sang was pretty much the first one I learned in Basic training 30 years ago which made me laugh!

Kazenji
From what i've got from this movie, If you know about the games and it's lore you're gonna be disappointed in the movie

and if don't you're gonna enjoy it more.

riv6672

Robtard
From what i've got from this movie, If you know about the games and it's lore you're gonna be disappointed in the movie

Never played the game, but honestly don't think I could think any less of this shit film

Kazenji
Originally posted by Robtard
Never played the game, but honestly don't think I could think any less of this shit film

Paul W. S. Anderson just needs to stay from game movie adaptations now, Starting to become like Uwe Boll at this point.

Patient_Leech

And if you just wanted to see a half-decent fun movie you'll be greatly disappointed also. Cause I knew nothing of the game and I still thought it was laughable crap. Such shit writing.

Honestly I'd be fine with him making movies as long as he brings in a decent writer. To either collaborate with or to pen the film on their own. He's a decent and competent director, but not a writer.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
And if you just wanted to see a half-decent fun movie you'll be greatly disappointed also. Cause I knew nothing of the game and I still thought it was laughable crap. Such shit writing.

Honestly I'd be fine with him making movies as long as he brings in a decent writer. To either collaborate with or to pen the film on their own. He's a decent and competent director, but not a writer.

Haven't actually seen it but i hear the movie has a Taken 3 action style scene where it has so many ****en cuts in it erm

then again Paul W. S. Anderson did that too in the Resident Evil movie that he did too.

Patient_Leech
Haven't actually seen it but i hear the movie has a Taken 3 action style scene where it has so many ****en cuts in it erm

then again Paul W. S. Anderson did that too in the Resident Evil movie that he did too.

Yeah, some of the fight scenes were frustrating to watch. There was definitely some of that, but...

...that was the least of this movie's problems. Believe me.

avensis
It is very bad. Rather good audience in general, I have rarely been so impatient for the end of a film.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.