Gladiator Hulk vs. Steppenwolf

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

deft
Gladiator Hulk vs. Steppenwolf

Who wins?

ShadowFyre
I for one think it would be a decent fight. Stepps skill and speed will make this a tough fight for hulk

riv6672
Hulk FTW.

playa1258
SW

carthage
Hulk beats the shit out of him

tkitna
Hulk

CosmicComet
Steppenwolf stomps with no argument otherwise.

He was fast enough to fight WW casually(who is easily high hypersonic and at least a lightning timer).

Superman was so much faster than Wonder Woman that she was a statue, but when Steppenwolf threw a punch against Supes it was still visibly moving, just slowed down by maybe 20 times.

So yeah, he is fast enough to be a sloth compared to Superman. Whereas Hulk would be a statue.

FrothByte
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Steppenwolf stomps with no argument otherwise.

He was fast enough to fight WW casually(who is easily high hypersonic and at least a lightning timer).

Superman was so much faster than Wonder Woman that she was a statue, but when Steppenwolf threw a punch against Supes it was still visibly moving, just slowed down by maybe 20 times.

So yeah, he is fast enough to be a sloth compared to Superman. Whereas Hulk would be a statue.

So you're saying Aquaman is also a speedster as well? Including the parademons that were able to overpower Steppenwolf?

CosmicComet
Aquaman is roughly equal to Wonder Woman in the movie.

He has his share of speed feats in the comics as well, as well as scaling to wonder woman in the comics too.

The parademons no, Steppenwolf was practically crippled by fear by the time they turned on him.

Robtard
Steppenwolf was a meh villain, but he did take on the Justice League and only looked like a scrub compared to Superman.

playa1258
He might get a boost in the Snyder cut too.

FrothByte
Aquaman is roughly equal to Wonder Woman in the movie.

He has his share of speed feats in the comics as well, as well as scaling to wonder woman in the comics too.

The parademons no, Steppenwolf was practically crippled by fear by the time they turned on him.

So you're saying Aquaman can match WW's speed feats yes?

Does that mean you think Black Manta is also a speedster?

KingD19
Originally posted by FrothByte

He can't match her speed feats, but Steppenwolf reacted to everyone but Flash and Superman just as easily as one another. So there is no real difference in their speed/reactions in the JL movie. Also, Diana was in slow mo just like Aquaman when Flash and Superman were running around.

So either she forgot how fast she was, or their speed is roughly equalized in JL.

CosmicComet

No. Black Manta was a PIS villain just like he is in the comics.

Aquaman is far above him but holds back.

There is no denying Steppenwolf's speed, no matter your shitty attempts at strawman "gotcha" comparisons.

Steppenwolf has the clear cut speed feat of *not* being virtually frozen against Supes' reflexes. The same reflexes that left even wonder woman statue-esque.

Ergo Steppenwolf is far faster than Hulk. Who is equal to or slightly slower than Thor going by their Gladiator match. Same Thor who got blitzed by a Quicksilver that was explicitly only bullet level in speed per Whedon.

This fight is a mismatch because Hulk cant touch Steppenwolf. He gets his head chopped off before he blinks.

FrothByte

KingD19
Well Steppenwolf was able to react to everyone but Flash and Superman, but he was still in motion when fighting Superman and even Diana was frozen. So it's Flash, Superman, Steppenwolf >> Everybody else in terms of speed and reaction going by how it seems in the movie.

carthage
The axe will never pierce his skin

Arachnid1
SW stomps. Throw in Thor to help Hulk out, and SW would still stomp.

playa1258
SW's axe is superior to Stormbreaker. SW cuts Hulk with ease using it.

KingD19
Originally posted by playa1258

Let's not get crazy now.

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by playa1258

Lol. Cool fanfiction

playa1258
No reason this can't be fun.

Silent Master
Did h1 hack your account?

FrothByte
Originally posted by KingD19
Well Steppenwolf was able to react to everyone but Flash and Superman, but he was still in motion when fighting Superman and even Diana was frozen. So it's Flash, Superman, Steppenwolf >> Everybody else in terms of speed and reaction going by how it seems in the movie.

Using this logic, then Thor also has some degree of superspeed because he was the only one moving while everyone was a statue while Quicksilver was running in superspeed. Agreed?

KingD19
Well with him being the God of Gods of the Asgardians, I always figured he had at least some enhanced speed. He's got some of the best reaction feats of all the Avengers.

CosmicComet
Using this logic, then Thor also has some degree of superspeed because he was the only one moving while everyone was a statue while Quicksilver was running in superspeed. Agreed?

Not really.

Seeing as Quicksilver is literally described as being bullet speed. I.e. low machs.

Thor moving one arm a few inches while Quicksilver zips around an entire room at what is bullet speed is not a speed feat of note for Thor.

h1a8
Not really.

Seeing as Quicksilver is literally described as being bullet speed. I.e. low machs.

Thor moving one arm a few inches while Quicksilver zips around an entire room at what is bullet speed is not a speed feat of note for Thor.

thumb up

Not to mention that QS was moving incredibly slow in that scene (far under bullet speed and slow in relation to fox QS and other speedsters).
You see Caps shield also moving and notice that QS was slow in relation to the Mjolnir throw. If he was so much faster than Mjolnir (in relation to a bullet) then he would have let go of the hammer before it pulled him an inch. Think about it. If this was Fox QS then the hammer would have been frozen (not moving) and QS tugging on it with no dice. QS gives up and let's go before it pulls him an inch. It was if QS lost some perception speed the moment he grabbed the hammer.

With that said, I give Hulk the strength and durability advantage easily, and Steppenwolf the skill and speed advantage. This is a decent fight. Going with better skill and much better speed(and reactions) over better strength and durability (not by a lot though).

Also I think SF axe might can break Hulk's melee weapon since it was broken in the movie with a similar melee weapon. Not completely sure though.

Lastly SF axe can both cut and blunt force trauma where Hulk's weapon can only do the latter.

BrolyBlack
At this point what difference does it make.

Psychotron
Steppenwolf. I can't see Hulk doing very well against Aquaman and WW the way SW was doing.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Psychotron
Steppenwolf. I can't see Hulk doing very well against Aquaman and WW the way SW was doing.

This I actually agree with.

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by Psychotron

Now when you say it like that?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.