Lucas Hood (Banshee) vs Billy Butcher (The Boys)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Lucas Hood from Banshee after the events of Season 4, Billy Butcher as of Season 2.

If this is a stomp in Hood's favor, include comic stuff for Billy as well.

No outside help.

Billy, thinking that Hood may be a clone of Homelander, prepares a plan to try to take him down alone. Hood, being no slouch, knows Billy is gunning for him, but is oblivious for the reason why, and doesn't really care. Both men prepare for the fight ahead of them.

Fight takes place on a dirt road in the middle of nowhere.

Both CQC fights are to the death.

Round 1: Hand-to-Hand

Round 2: Shoot-out

Round 3: Knife Fight

Who wins?

TheVaultDweller
Unless I seriously missed something, going strictly by what has been shown onscreen, Hood would beat the shit out of Butcher. And there is such a big divergence between The Boys comic and show that I personally don't really feel you can attribute the one version's feats to the other.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Unless I seriously missed something, going strictly by what has been shown onscreen, Hood would beat the shit out of Butcher. And there is such a big divergence between The Boys comic and show that I personally don't really feel you can attribute the one version's feats to the other. I mean, the fact that Billy could even fight an invisible person of similar strength to his own and get the upper hand is seriously underrated. (Someone who fights Crime on a daily rate at that)

Can you imagine how hard something like that would be? You'd have to rely entirely on incredibly quick reaction times and sound.

Jmanghan
Wow, just re-watched the fight scene and realized a few things.

1. Billy only got the upper hand and even managed to dodge because of the blood.

2. Translucent was just hit by a car, which means he likely wasn't at 100%.

This was likely already a mismatch, maybe I'll bring it back if he gets decent stuff from Season 3.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Wow, just re-watched the fight scene and realized a few things.

1. Billy only got the upper hand and even managed to dodge because of the blood.

2. Translucent was just hit by a car, which means he likely wasn't at 100%.

This was likely already a mismatch, maybe I'll bring it back if he gets decent stuff from Season 3.

Yeah, the Translucent fight had a lot of added context to it which aided Billy. And while they weren't overtly superhuman within their own universe, by real world standards, Hood and many of the people he's fought are superhumanly tough etc.

Surtur
So basically in one form or another Homelander is just gonna keep beating the shit out of Billy

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Surtur
So basically in one form or another Homelander is just gonna keep beating the shit out of Billy I mean you can look at it as a happy ending, maybe instead of beating Billy to death, he hears him out.

Look I had forgotten how one-sided the Translucent fight was, which is why I thought this match would be more even, apparently Hood beats the crap out of Billy.

KingD19
Billy is a normal guy who has only ever fought other run of the mill normal guys, and fought(100% unsuccessfully) Supes. So until the Boys start shooting up Compound V, his feats are very lackluster in comparison to the comic run.

Surtur
Originally posted by Jmanghan
I mean you can look at it as a happy ending, maybe instead of beating Billy to death, he hears him out.

Look I had forgotten how one-sided the Translucent fight was, which is why I thought this match would be more even, apparently Hood beats the crap out of Billy.

No worries, my comment was a joke based on the fact the guy who plays Homelander also plays Hood.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Surtur
No worries, my comment was a joke based on the fact the guy who plays Homelander also plays Hood. Oh I know, hence the whole "Billy thinks he's a clone of Homelander" business.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.