Exotic Train Travel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BrolyBlack

wxyz
I recently went to Toronto on Via Rail, it was a very cool way to travel.

I would love to take a Via Rail trip across Canada, and those routes do exist.

https://www.viarail.ca/en/explore-our-destinations/trains/regional-trains

Robtard
I've done extremely few train rides. The Sonoma-Marin smart train opened up here in the Bay Area a few years ago and I've yet to ride that.

Not sure why, as I really do like trains, especially old steam engines, find them fascinating.

BrolyBlack

Robtard
No, cost was never a factor, it just hasn't really come up or happened, like I've been meaning to try the smart train here to go to wine country for fun, but it never materializes.

Where did you go on train?

The ones that seems the most fascinating are Indian and Africa train trips, especially Egypt. Though I've heard from more than one person that traveling on a train in India is very dangerous for women, especially foreign women. So if you're traveling with a female companion, you have to be extremely careful about booking private cabins.

BrolyBlack
I have not done any train travel besides California up and down the coast. But I heard there is some good routes in Switzerland. I would not be going to Africa during these times for obvious reasons and afraid to take my girl.

SquallX
South Korea has one of the best train systems out there. Europe train system in general is also good form of traveling and site seeing.

NewGuy01
I took a shinkansen from Hiroshima to Kyoto, once. I must confess that I didn't really make a point of appreciating the scenery; I napped through most of it. I can say though that the riding experience was much more comfortable than any other train or aircraft I've been on, and it got me from point A to point B wicked fast.

Quincy
I'd love to take a train trip on one of those trains that has like beds and stuff. That always seemed like such a really cool way to travel.

Blakemore
I'd go to York, I guess.

Surtur
I used to take the train to South Bend, Indiana.

It'd be cool to go to Europe and go on some sort of train ride through the mountains or something maybe. Idk maybe Transylvania.

Blakemore
Originally posted by Surtur
I used to take the train to South Bend, Indiana.

It'd be cool to go to Europe and go on some sort of train ride through the mountains or something maybe. Idk maybe Transylvania. You can go to anywhere in Italy, France or Germany on the train with their Schengen area thing. It's funny how you can go to different countries on the train like that, but people do.

Surtur
Originally posted by Blakemore
You can go to anywhere in Italy, France or Germany on the train with their Schengen area thing. It's funny how you can go to different countries on the train like that, but people do.

Yea but what about Transylvania

Blakemore
Yea but what about Transylvania Romania isn't in the EU, so no. erm

Surtur
I don't mean traveling by train from a country to Transylvania I mean do they have trains that go through the mountains there

Blakemore
I don't mean traveling by train from a country to Transylvania I mean do they have trains that go through the mountains there Probably.

jaden_2.0
I've been on the viaduct that the Hogwarts Express goes over.

Been on The Flying Scotsman.

BackFire
Trains are haunted. All of them

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.