RIP Sean Connery

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jaden_2.0
https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-54761824

Passed away age 90

snowdragon
Yeah, so many of his movies kept me entertained for years, rip.

eThneoLgrRnae
I heard about this just like 5 minutes ago. Such an iconic actor.

RIP.

Mindship
My favorite Bond.

Godspeed, Sir Connery.

carthage
RIP to a cinematic titan

riv6672
See you in Hell, Trebek. crybaby

Surtur
He was a great man. RIP.

Also f*ck it I LIKED League of Extraordinary Gentlemen!

Old Man Whirly!
Best Bond and The Man Who Would Be King is a fave.

Surtur
I admit I've seen like maybe half of 1 Bond movie with Connery.

The only Bond movie I've watched from beginning to end was Goldeneye. And that was more cuz of it's connection to an N64 game.

riv6672

Jmanghan
WHYYYYYYYYYYY, this year ****ing sucks fat donkey cock.

Surtur

Surtur
I know him less for the Bond movies and more for The Untouchables.

You wanna know how to get to Capone? They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. That's the Chicago way.

Patient_Leech
It's weird how little I've seen about this in the news.

I guess too much shit going on. sad

I'll always enjoy Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

riv6672
Originally posted by Surtur
Yes, but his experience on making it legit made him quit acting lol. He never acted in a movie again after that. I think years later he did voice work for one thing, but he never appeared on screen again.
He suffered so that we might enjoy... sad

Surtur
Legit re-watched League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen the other night and it holds up.

Fun fact: Alan Moore claims Connery's movie contracts always called for an explosion bigger than the previous movie. He claims this is why in the LOEG movie they had to go after all of Venice.

There is no corroborating info and Moore is known for f*cking with people. But I want this to be true.

riv6672

Surtur

riv6672
No, i really do. big grin

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by Surtur
I admit I've seen like maybe half of 1 Bond movie with Connery.

The only Bond movie I've watched from beginning to end was Goldeneye. And that was more cuz of it's connection to an N64 game.

Yeah, most bond movies are kinda boring to me, even ones with Sean Connery in them. I'll start watching some of the older ones and about half way through I'll get bored and watch something else.

"Never Say Never Again" was one of my favorites.

I mostly enjoyed Connery in some of his other roles in other films like Highlander (even though his character was killed about half way through it) which is one of my favorite movies of all-time, The Rock, and Hunt for Red October.

riv6672
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae

I mostly enjoyed Connery in some of his other roles in other films like Highlander (even though his character was killed about half way through it) which is one of my favorite movies of all-time, The Rock, and Hunt for Red October.
Yeah, though I enjoyed his Bond, his post 007 roles is what made me a real fan.
Two movies not many talk about that he was great in were Finding Forrester and The Name of The Rose.

Superdad76
RIP

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.