The Book of Boba Fett

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

juggernaut74
https://i.ibb.co/KbHyxS3/book-of-boba-fett-logo-tall-169.jpg
https://www.starwars.com/news/the-book-of-boba-fett

Coming December, 2021

Deadline is reporting a Boba Fett series could start filling next week:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/deadline.com/2020/11/the-mandalorian-season-3-production-start-date-spinoff-casting-disney-plus-sophie-thatcher-1234609860/amp/

BruceSkywalker
something i look forward to watching

juggernaut74
According to Grace Randolf she says the top reporters and trades are hearing the Boba Fett show is filming as we speak even though it wasn't announced at the Disney investor meeting. If you just to the 11:10 she talks about it.

u4qxDMJOPEk

Superdad76
what about the mandalorian already ?

juggernaut74
Looks like Boba is going to get his own show after all next December

Eli Vanto
"The Book of Boba Fett-Coming December 2021"

juggernaut74
Does anyone really want to know how Boba got out of the Sarlacc pit?

I say leave it a mystery.

juggernaut74
Official logo for the new series:

https://www.starwars.com/news/the-book-of-boba-fett

Also confirms Boba's show is his own thing and Mandalorian season 3 starts filming next year.

Eli Vanto
I'll definitely watch this. But not sure how I feel about 2 Mando themed shows going on at the same time.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Eli Vanto
I'll definitely watch this. But not sure how I feel about 2 Mando themed shows going on at the same time.

Seems like Boba will be more gangster themed.

Sheev
So it's sounding like there won't be a Mandalorian S03 until 2022, and this show will basically be taking its place in 2021.

Should be interesting seeing Boba amass a new criminal empire though.

juggernaut74
I just noticed that the logo is showing his older worn armor.

I wonder if that is implying there will be a lot of flashbacks? Boba is probably going to be sitting on his throne telling stories.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Sheev
So it's sounding like there won't be a Mandalorian S03 until 2022, and this show will basically be taking its place in 2021.

Not really replacing it. This is out in December, so the very next month would be 2022. And there's a lot of series coming, so their schedule is pretty packed.

Originally posted by juggernaut74

I wonder if that is implying there will be a lot of flashbacks? Boba is probably going to be sitting on his throne telling stories.

Ha! "When I were a lad"

Robtard
George Lucas helped write episode one of this, or an episode, it seems?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13668894/fullcredits/?ref_=tt_cl_sm

ares834
"based on characters created by"

That's it. Lucas gets credited in basically all the SW shows (and movies).

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000184/?ref_=ttfc_fc_wr1

Robtard
That's what I initially thought, but then questioned it when I noticed it specifically said "1 episode", seems every episode would feature a character originally created by Lucas.

carthage
beyond stoked for this

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Robtard
George Lucas helped write episode one of this, or an episode, it seems?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13668894/fullcredits/?ref_=tt_cl_sm

Would be big news if he actually did write/direct an episode. Imdb is just generalising on a property that isn't out yet.

Originally posted by carthage
beyond stoked for this

hmm think I need a trailer before I get stoked.

-Pr-
Book of Boba Fett Trailer:

BqkWyNlmIi8

Galan007
Looking forward to watching Boba assert dominance over the criminal underworld. thumb up

ares834
Looks pretty bad.

Darth Thor
Not a great trailer tbh. But I guess its just a teaser.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Galan007
Looking forward to watching Boba assert dominance over the criminal underworld. thumb up I don't see how that's going to happen treating criminals with "respect".

Darth Thor
I don't see how that's going to happen treating criminals with "respect".

I think its the opposite. He expects Respect from his criminal underlings.

Robtard
Originally posted by -Pr-
Book of Boba Fett Trailer:

BqkWyNlmIi8

Going to watch this obviously, but I didn't get the same level of excitement like I did with the Mandalorian trailer.

juggernaut74
I can't help but feel this isn't going to end well for Boba I'd imagine the life expectancy of a crime boss isn't very high.

xPRIMEx
Boring trailer

Robtard
I can't help but feel this isn't going to end well for Boba I'd imagine the life expectancy of a crime boss isn't very high.

Maybe he ends up being thrown back into another sarlacc pit.

juggernaut74
That would be ironic.

robotflug
Boba Fett is a very overrated character that has way too much fanwank. He was a very weak an easily defeated villain in the classic movie trilogy but the expanded universe comics and novels including disney Star Wars exaggerated Boba Fett to be like Batman if he was a bounty hunter.

-Pr-
Another short trailer.

b7K04F-46mo

StiltmanFTW
https://i.ibb.co/jk9cQTT/prett.png

Robtard
laughing

Blakemore
"Hey George, who's Boba Fett?"

"Ugh.... a storm trooper"

True story.

robotflug
Looks like this show is just fan wanking Boba Bett, in the classic movies he was easily defeated.

Zenwolf
It still bothers me, for some reason that an older and more experienced Fett is LESS armored than before. His armored kneecap plates are missing, his armored codpiece is missing. He doesn't even have armored boots either from the looks of it.

If what he's wearing underneath his Mando armor, isn't some form of Power Liner armor that he had in the old EU(or at best any form of armor plates) and it's just some soft clothing, then he's a real idiot because basically 75% of his body is exposed to any sort of damage. From the chest down, he's completely exposed, his arms are exposed.

I mean sure I get it that he was in the sarlacc pit, so some parts of his armor were damaged and Jawas scavenged and so forth. But ya know...it's called replacement or newer parts.

Boba's armor always bothered me frankly, even Jango was MORE armored than him. Hell even your random Neo-Crusader Mandalorian was more armored than Boba. At least the old EU, went with that the stuff he wore under the armor, was Power Liner with ceramic plates inside, so it didn't make Fett look like a moron.

Here's it's just...like he doesn't care about protection, or he's dumb to not get replacement armor for what he lost.

samhain
Maybe he feels like he has to earn newer armour, they have pointed out that it's part of Mandalorian culture from season 1 of The Mandalorian

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by robotflug
Looks like this show is just fan wanking Boba Bett, in the classic movies he was easily defeated.

"Oh no, they're gonna do a Boba Fett show about Boba Fett, I'm done".

Robtard
I laughed

Blakemore
Why do people like Bobba Fett so much, anyway?

Robtard
Originally posted by Blakemore

Cos he looked so cool.

Why I liked him as a kid.

Zenwolf

Cause he looked cool, he seemed to have already known Vader and wasn't afraid to talk to him.

Basically it.

Never really got the appeal, I mean he's fine as a character....I guess. But all of what he really is came from the EU, not the movies. Now yeah, the PT then touched upon his character a little more, which was great, but the large bulk comes from everything else.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Cause he looked cool, he seemed to have already known Vader and wasn't afraid to talk to him.

Basically it.

He also came across as the sort of Anti-Solo. Even had his own cool ass ship.

HUGE Impact for a couple of scenes.

But all of what he really is came from the EU, not the movies. Now yeah, the PT then touched upon his character a little more, which was great, but the large bulk comes from everything else.

Nothing wrong with that. ALL of Quinlan Vos comes from the EU.

Blakemore
Cool mask, cool gun, cool ship.

facepalm

StiltmanFTW
https://tinyurl.com/2p856nkx

Darth Thor
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
https://tinyurl.com/2p856nkx

Classic line

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Darth Thor

Star Wars' true magic lies in its vast expanded universe.

It's been that way for decades. Not sure why some appear to have a problem with that.

Boba's mysterious aura is what attracted the fans. ST wanted to replicate the same phenomenon with Phasma and failed.

There are Star Wars characters who made just brief cameo appearances and fans still wanted to learn about them as much as possible, buy their action figures and so on... compared to those, Boba is like a major celebrity.

If anything, it's surprising the best bounty hunter in the galaxy is getting his own show just now.

Zenwolf
He also came across as the sort of Anti-Solo. Even had his own cool ass ship.

HUGE Impact for a couple of scenes.

Oh certainly nothing wrong with it, some of SW greatest characters and characterizations came from the EU.

ares834
ALL of Quinlan Vos comes from the EU.

Wrong.

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-091aeea83fa93e2707b83ad526de0d27

Galan007
Well yeah, he was first shown in TPM for a few frames... But from a storytelling standpoint, everything about Vos did come from the EU.

Sheev
Look I know GL didnt originally intend for that dude to be a Jedi, but after we were told that WAS Vos I always found it pretty ****ing odd that Qui-gon was standing like 10 feet away from him during that scene, but somehow didn't recognize or sense him.

Galan007
Yeah, it is strange. Vos is a well-known Jedi, who also has a very recognizable, bright yellow tattoo on his face. Hard to miss.

But I'll play devil's advocate and assume that Qui-Gon DID recognize Vos there, but rightly knew(or assumed) that he was on a covert mission for the Council, and didn't want to blow his cover by interacting with him.

StiltmanFTW
But I'll play devil's advocate and assume that Qui-Gon DID recognize Vos there, but rightly knew(or assumed) that he was on a covert mission for the Council, and didn't want to blow his cover by interacting with him.

That's what I want to believe, too.

Still kind of sucks, though. Considering how Jinn's plan could fail... and Shmi was left there as a slave, too.

Blakemore
Star Wars' true magic lies in its vast expanded universe.

It's been that way for decades. Not sure why some appear to have a problem with that.

Boba's mysterious aura is what attracted the fans. ST wanted to replicate the same phenomenon with Phasma and failed.

There are Star Wars characters who made just brief cameo appearances and fans still wanted to learn about them as much as possible, buy their action figures and so on... compared to those, Boba is like a major celebrity.

If anything, it's surprising the best bounty hunter in the galaxy is getting his own show just now. You've just explained why EU isn't what fans like because we're only just finding out some shit about him and everyone else agrees that the EU is not what the fans want.

When it comes to Star Wars action figures, the ones that were and are most popular have always been Luke, Leia, R2D2, C3PO, Solo, Chewy, Grand Moff Tarkin and even Obiwan. Oh yeah, I forgot DARTH ****ING VADER.

Now of course Yoda, Jabba, Palpatine, Lando and Akbar became popular too, but take a look at the users on here.

We have had users like "Grand Moff Gav," "KENobi," "LukeStarKiller," "Darth Subjekt," "BobaFett117," "Darth Kenshin," "C3PO-Theclever," etc.

Nobody has a username like "Jar Jar Larry" or "SuperDooku" and the only ****ing redeemable thing about Revenge of the Sith is we get to see the Darth Vader suit again, which was incredibly embarrassing and just shows that the only likeable things about Star Wars were the original cast.

I'd like so hear what you guys like about Finn, Kylo or Rey.

Darth Thor
That's what I want to believe, too.

Still kind of sucks, though. Considering how Jinn's plan could fail... and Shmi was left there as a slave, too.

I guess if his plan failed he would have been forced to turn to Vos for help.

That could have been his back up plan to the gamble he was playing with the pod race.

StiltmanFTW
I guess if his plan failed he would have been forced to turn to Vos for help.

That could have been his back up plan to the gamble he was playing with the pod race.

Assuming he could still find Vos, of course.

Tzeentch
Kylo is a more interesting character than Anakin.

Blakemore
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Kylo is a more interesting character than Anakin. Baby wipes are more interesting than toilet paper.

StiltmanFTW
https://i.ibb.co/bm13FRw/static-assets-upload4446260807058309765.png

Tzeentch
Baby wipes are more interesting than toilet paper. Yes.

Blakemore
https://i.ibb.co/bm13FRw/static-assets-upload4446260807058309765.png Too true.

Darth Thor
Yeah that's pretty spot on laughing out loud

juggernaut74
Solid first episode.

Opening minutes were really good and needed.

-Pr-
Anyone know what species you know what was? I don't recall seeing it before.

ares834
No clue. Pretty sure it's some sorta new monster.

Anyway, very generic episode. It was pretty boring and I'm not happy with what they are doing with Fett. He isn't some ruthless cold blooded killer but rather a honorable crime lord with a heart of gold. He's pretty much just Mando 2.0. So, yeah, I thought this episode was bad and don't see it improving much over the course of the season.

Also Anakin did nothing wrong.

juggernaut74
Anyone know what species you know what was? I don't recall seeing it before. Definately a new one to me.

Galan007
First episode was pretty meh for me. Didn't hate it, didn't love it.

Sorta curious to see where his backstory with the Sand People goes, but that's about it so far.

That being said, this:
Originally posted by ares834
I'm not happy with what they are doing with Fett. He isn't some ruthless cold blooded killer but rather a honorable crime lord with a heart of gold. He's pretty much just Mando 2.0.

...This is also what I'm worried about. Fett isn't Mando, and shouldn't be portrayed as such. I'm *hoping* at some point this season Fett realizes that crime lords can't really be upstanding citizens, and he starts going in the opposite direction to assert his dominance over the underworld.

cdtm
Judging by what his cameo in Mandalorean they'll stick with the honorable heart of gold anti-hero.

Which he never WAS until recently. All the Legends EU stuff had him as a ruthless pragmatic, skirting the line between a total scumbag and benign entity.

He even supported the Empire rule and thought the New Republic were an illegitimate government.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by cdtm
Judging by what his cameo in Mandalorean they'll stick with the honorable heart of gold anti-hero.

Which he never WAS until recently. All the Legends EU stuff had him as a ruthless pragmatic, skirting the line between a total scumbag and benign entity.

He even supported the Empire rule and thought the New Republic were an illegitimate government.

I don't recall that he supported the Empire, did he? I know he worked for them, but that's obvious given it was the current government.

In either case though, great...cause we can't just have at best a neutral character or at worst a cutthroat one in SW.

Total Warrior

Zenwolf
Next thing you know, they're gonna take away his guns next.

Stringer
I thought the first episode was pretty cool. I just take Disney Star Wars as basic entertainment. Nothing more

cdtm
Next thing you know, they're gonna take away his guns next.

Joked about that with the Doom franchise during the SJW scare before Eternal.

A trailer happens with Doom guy unmasking to reveal he's a gender fluid pronoun, and tosses the guns down a pit. Then whips out a protest sign against the demons of heck.

At some point someone will do this in a gun driven ip for real.

Robtard
Didn't love Ep1, didn't hate it either. Hope it improves.

The people complaining that Boba is too soft in this, well, sure, kinda getting that vibe too at times, then again, he blew up a guy who was fleeing with a rocket.

Old Man Whirly!
Episode 2: Magnificent!

carthage
No words the episode was magnificent and further proof the series are beyond the scope of the films in terms of portraying the excellence of this franchise

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by carthage
No words the episode was magnificent and further proof the series are beyond the scope of the films in terms of portraying the excellence of this franchise thumb up Spot on!

Robtard
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Episode 2: Magnificent!

Now I'm all kinds of hyped. Better not disappoint.

playa1258
Nice to see Paul learning from the Fremen.

-Pr-
I thought it was an enjoyable episode (I really liked the driving lessons bit), but I'm amazed that they can make the Ithorian (among others) look so good, but the Trandoshans look so bad. To me at least. I'm guessing they were last on the list and they ran out of money by the time they got to them.

Those poor lads carrying that ****ing platform though. I feel bad for them most of all. You could see that thing bellying in the middle.

So the regular bacta tank parts. We guessing the sarlacc left permanent damage behind? Or is he doing it for some dream bullshit to find some repressed memories?

Also, I half expected the Tusken in black to be a woman that the Chief orders Boba to marry so they can pump out some Tusken babies.

Smurph
It was a good episode. There are weirdly a lot of parallels between Boba and the sand people and s1 Daenerys in GoT. Makes me wonder if some version of this storyline was on the drawing board with Benioff and Weiss and then later grown into a Boba Fett vehicle for TV.

Plus the line about bounty hunting being very different from ruling and the way that Fett recruits the Gammoreans and the overall looming conflict all feel directly lifted from Thrones.

Old Man Whirly!
Now I'm all kinds of hyped. Better not disappoint. You won't be.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Smurph
It was a good episode. There are weirdly a lot of parallels between Boba and the sand people and s1 Daenerys in GoT. Makes me wonder if some version of this storyline was on the drawing board with Benioff and Weiss and then later grown into a Boba Fett vehicle for TV.

Plus the line about bounty hunting being very different from ruling and the way that Fett recruits the Gammoreans and the overall looming conflict all feel directly lifted from Thrones. More Paralells between Maud Dib and the Fremen imo Smurph, but I see your point. The comment about "any spice" was very telling in a meta, humorous way.

Originally posted by playa1258
Nice to see Paul learning from the Fremen. thumb up

Sure material, influences and all that. This episode was better than the Dune movie though.

I liked the vision quest and the way the Fremen are part Apache and part Arab now

The Wookie Warrior/Gladiator was awesome

Galan007
Wasn't expecting to see a live action Black Krrsantan.

-Pr-
Wasn't expecting to see a live action Black Krrsantan.

Wait, is that actually him? I just thought they looked similar.

Old Man Whirly!
Wait, is that actually him? I just thought they looked similar. I think it is, yes... but I'm not going to stick my neck our and say for sure, for now he is Wookiee Warrior/Gladiator.

Robtard
It's a very safe bet it's him instead of some other rando Wookie working for the crime lords.

He's very big, very mean looking and has a very big and mean looking gun. He better be impressive and not go out like some punk.

Old Man Whirly!
Space Vespa's

Total Warrior
Lmao so cringy. But i liked the episode a lot

juggernaut74
I can't help but feel that Fennec is going to turn on Boba. He disagrees with her on almost everything on being the crime lord.

-Pr-
Wasn't a fan of the bikes, but otherwise I liked the episode. Danny Trejo talking about the depth of rancor emotions was a highlight and a half.

JeffD89
Boba's gone AWOL dancin' with the Sandn1g3rzzz

Total Warrior
Wasn't a fan of the bikes, but otherwise I liked the episode. Danny Trejo talking about the depth of rancor emotions was a highlight and a half. agreed

Robtard
Wasn't a fan of the bikes, but otherwise I liked the episode. Danny Trejo talking about the depth of rancor emotions was a highlight and a half.

Same. Like they were trying to Mods on Vespas from the 60's. Just didn't sit right. Not a huge issue though.

Still wondering why Boba didn't offer Krrsantan a job, considering he's still very low on henchmen/staff and having a massive mean wookie in your retinue would be a bonus.

Do hope that wasn't the last we see of him.

Tzeentch
This show is ass and it has no redeeming qualities. Everything from the music to the writing to the fight scenes are cringe.

NemeBro
Yeah this show is utter dogshit. It does have one redeeming quality, which is that it's so laughably bad it's hilarious.

Old Man Whirly!
I disagree but, hey ho, I liked the sequels.

Blakemore
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
I disagree but, hey ho, I liked the sequels. Did you like the part where Yoda fought Dooku with a laser sword? eek! I mean, it didn't change anything plot wise, but CGI Yoda jumped around a green screen while Dooku just stood there. Then they through lightening at each other! eek!

The sequels were so cool!

-Pr-
Latest episode was enjoyable, I thought. Not sure I like how much they're embracing this whole "90s cyborg undergound" thing, but otherwise I thought it was all right.

Robtard
This show is ass and it has no redeeming qualities. Everything from the music to the writing to the fight scenes are cringe.
Originally posted by NemeBro
Yeah this show is utter dogshit. It does have one redeeming quality, which is that it's so laughably bad it's hilarious.

Did you guys like The Mandalorian at all?

NemeBro
Did you guys like The Mandalorian at all? It was pretty good. Not amazing, had some bad episodes but also some really good episodes and bluntly I didn't actually like the Luke appearance at the end, but I eventually came around to liking Baby Yeed and overall it was good (also I want Gina Carano's thick mommy arms to strangle me while she knees me in the cock and balls).

This isn't. The acting isn't great. It has a consistent problem with either filler music where there doesn't need to be any or off-putting and unfitting music for the scene in question. The action so far has been either so so or incredibly bad (the chase scene in the third episode is one of the most impotent I've ever seen in live-action, maybe the worst). The visuals are often horrible, the Twins look terrible and I couldn't believe how terrible the spider bot at the beginning of episode three looked (IIRC it didn't even cast a shadow). They want to have their cake and eat it too with the Boba Fett character. They want him to be a crime boss, but also want him to have the moral high ground in every scene I've watched so far. He's more of a ****ing care bear than Mando was, which is really jarring considering in the OT he was working for the fascist government and a tyrannical gangster, and even in the Mandalorian he was portrayed as more willing to do the unethical but pragmatic thing IIRC. Why use Boba Fett to portray this type of character?

Also the writing is horrible in general. The dialogue is stilted and corny ("Uh sorry bro I didn't mean to offend you by saying keep an eye out, because you only have one eye haha get it?"wink. And why even build up Boba's relationship with the Tusken Raiders only to kill them offscreen in a contrived way? Oh and Boba's little biker gang cohorts are so cringe it's unreal.

Keep in mind, I'm not an especially big Star Wars fan. This is no "new bad old good" rant. Indeed, because I'm not really a fanboy I can enjoy how terrible this show is, whereas my good friend Tzeentch appears to be in physical pain while watching it because he's such a big Star Wars fan.

But this show is bad. Like, it's worse than any of the sequels I've seen. It's so bad it's unreal.

Robtard
I laughed at the Gina visual thumb up I'd have sex with her too, but not that way.

I hear ya with Fett's odd good-bad-guy approach, it bothers me too. He's a f**king bounty hunter who had no problems working for the Empire, now's he's Mr Moral Compass at times.

Still like it though despite it's many flaws, but it's not great.

juggernaut74
Well its good to knowBoba'a armor is confirmed to be BeskarUnless it already has.

And that he's beenfully healed which might explain some of those odd showings lately

Galan007
Yeah the series has still been mediocre for me.

Glad Boba finally recruited Krrsantan, though.

Robtard
He was more himself (or at least how I think of BF) in EP four, but they're still doing the redeemed miscreant angle hard, just goingto have to accept this is BF now. His comment to Krrsantan: 'working for scumbabgs, it's not worth it', or something like that.

Am glad Krrsantan is joining the cast full time.

Jennifer Beals' character. = MmmmMMmmmmMMmmm~

Old Man Whirly!
Enjoying it still. It is what it is, childish and silly at times, but that's Star Wars. Watching it I'm 10 again.

playa1258
Jennifer Beals has some nice ****.

Worth the watch.

juggernaut74
I have a feeling that now he's fully healed he's going to finally use that armor and start kicking ass.

-Pr-
I have a feeling that now he's fully healed he's going to finally use that armor and start kicking ass.

Maybe he'll hit the gym and start doing some ****ing cardio too.

Galan007
Fully expecting Mando(and crew) to join Boba next ep.

Blakemore
Am I the only one here that doesn't really care all that much about Boba Fett? I mean, when it comes to it he's just a bad guy who doesn't like Han Solo. In the original Han Solo says he's got a price on his head and every bounty hunter is after him for something... and we only got one who barely speaks or has a face.

And if you wanna get into attack of the clones, he apparently has a father who orchestrates the worst assassination attempt in cinematic history, can't fire at a single ship and gets decapitated by a lightsabre when he could have just shot obi-wan.

Also I'm slightly confused as to who he's working for since he worked for Vader and Jabba in two separate films.

It's even funnier that the Storm Troopers are clones of Boba Fett. If you watch Empire and just think of Boba Fett as a generic Storm Trooper, it doesn't affect the story in any way. He could be like Storm Trooper General or something, which was probably their original intention.

carthage

Zenwolf
Am I the only one here that doesn't really care all that much about Boba Fett? I mean, when it comes to it he's just a bad guy who doesn't like Han Solo. In the original Han Solo says he's got a price on his head and every bounty hunter is after him for something... and we only got one who barely speaks or has a face.

And if you wanna get into attack of the clones, he apparently has a father who orchestrates the worst assassination attempt in cinematic history, can't fire at a single ship and gets decapitated by a lightsabre when he could have just shot obi-wan.

Also I'm slightly confused as to who he's working for since he worked for Vader and Jabba in two separate films.

It's even funnier that the Storm Troopers are clones of Boba Fett. If you watch Empire and just think of Boba Fett as a generic Storm Trooper, it doesn't affect the story in any way. He could be like Storm Trooper General or something, which was probably their original intention.

He's a Bounty Hunter, he can work for the government or anyone he wants to, he's freelance, hence why he can work with the Empire or the Hutts.

Also Stormtroopers aren't Clones of Jango/Boba during the GCW timeline or at the very least at the time, there aren't going to be a lot of them left.

The rest I can agree with, though being fair to Jango, his plan of killing Padme would have worked if she hadn't been guarded by two Jedi at the time, otherwise he and Zam would have completed the task.

juggernaut74
Maybe he'll hit the gym and start doing some ****ing cardio too. Well he is a 60 year old portraying a 40 year old after all.

-Pr-
Well he is a 60 year old portraying a 40 year old after all.

I'm not saying make him train like Henry Cavill. Just slim down a bit.

Patient_Leech
Well he is a 60 year old portraying a 40 year old after all.

Yeah...

After the little I've seen and what I'm hearing here I think I'll pass on this show.

Mandalorian was pretty good, but this just seems... sad.

Blakemore
He's a Bounty Hunter, he can work for the government or anyone he wants to, he's freelance, hence why he can work with the Empire or the Hutts.

Also Stormtroopers aren't Clones of Jango/Boba during the GCW timeline or at the very least at the time, there aren't going to be a lot of them left.

The rest I can agree with, though being fair to Jango, his plan of killing Padme would have worked if she hadn't been guarded by two Jedi at the time, otherwise he and Zam would have completed the task. They turn off the security camera and bugs went in the window. Jango could've just shot her from the window...

Zenwolf
They turn off the security camera and bugs went in the window. Jango could've just shot her from the window...

So could Zam, though I don't think they wanted to make any noise or make it seem like it was an actual assaasin doing the deed.

Blakemore
So could Zam, though I don't think they wanted to make any noise or make it seem like it was an actual assaasin doing the deed. If it worked, she'd be dead.

That's kind of a giveaway that she was assassinated...

Besides, they blew up a ship in the beginning of the film.

Also, why did anyone want to kill Padme? Because Jar Jar Binks killed a bunch of robots and some kid blew up the droid control ship? That kid was Anakin, btw. Nothing in that film makes any sense.

ares834
Because she was the actual leader of the Naboo forces and refused to capitulate to him. Also Sidious wants Padme out of the way (either dead or off planet) so he can manipulate Jar Jar into giving him emergency powers. Seriously, these movies aren't that complex.

With that said, the actual assassination was overly elaborate but whatever. It's a movie.

Blakemore
You mean manipulate Anakin to join the dark side to save Padme from death, but he killed her anyway. Oh well.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

ares834
I mean, it's not likely that he completely planned that all out. Plus Padme death would drive Anakin down the dark path anyway.

Tzeentch
Luke watch out for that vicious bounty hunter Boba Fett! Did I ever tell you l fought his dad? He was hired to assassinate a senator me and your father were guarding. We kept bringing her around open windows and public areas in order to draw the would-be assassin out because we knew he had too much pride to just shoot her from long range. He had used his payment to hire another bounty hunter to kill the senator for him while he sent us on a wild bantha chase. Also the 2nd assassin used her payment to buy a robot to assassinate the senator for her. Did I mention the 2nd assassin was a shapeshifter? She could have been a good friend in disguise and just shot the senator for all we knew! Then the robot used its payment to buy poisonous bugs to release into the senators room while she slept after lasering a hole through the window. It could have just lasered her too after that because we we weren't watching her at all but it already bought the bugs. So we sense the hostile life forms not the robot in the room and rush in and save the senator in the nick of time!

Then I jumped out the window to chase the robot back to its owner! Luckily it didn't have a self destruct function. Then we found the 2nd assassin and chased her across the planet and caught her when she tried to kill us instead of shapeshifting and escaping. But to our surprise Jango Fett was watching the whole thing instead of going to kill the senator while we were away chasing the bugs chasing the robot chasing the shapeshifter. He shot her with a poisonous dart instead of sniper blaster and only her instead of shooting all of us or blowing all of us with a rocket or something then he escaped with his tiny jetpack.

Luckily for the senator my good friend Dexterr Jettster owned a 50s dinner on Courscant that had Republic secrets on the menu along with cheeseburgers and malt shakes. We found the assassin and Mace Window killed him later right in front of Boba. And he was a good friend.

Blakemore
He also tried shooting my ship, firing a million shots per second, but didn't hit it once, just everything around it.

I was using force shield which you get when you reach level 7 jedi.

Robtard
Luke watch out for that vicious bounty hunter Boba Fett! Did I ever tell you l fought his dad? He was hired to assassinate a senator me and your father were guarding. We kept bringing her around open windows and public areas in order to draw the would-be assassin out because we knew he had too much pride to just shoot her from long range. He had used his payment to hire another bounty hunter to kill the senator for him while he sent us on a wild bantha chase. Also the 2nd assassin used her payment to buy a robot to assassinate the senator for her. Did I mention the 2nd assassin was a shapeshifter? She could have been a good friend in disguise and just shot the senator for all we knew! Then the robot used its payment to buy poisonous bugs to release into the senators room while she slept after lasering a hole through the window. It could have just lasered her too after that because we we weren't watching her at all but it already bought the bugs. So we sense the hostile life forms not the robot in the room and rush in and save the senator in the nick of time!

Then I jumped out the window to chase the robot back to its owner! Luckily it didn't have a self destruct function. Then we found the 2nd assassin and chased her across the planet and caught her when she tried to kill us instead of shapeshifting and escaping. But to our surprise Jango Fett was watching the whole thing instead of going to kill the senator while we were away chasing the bugs chasing the robot chasing the shapeshifter. He shot her with a poisonous dart instead of sniper blaster and only her instead of shooting all of us or blowing all of us with a rocket or something then he escaped with his tiny jetpack.

Luckily for the senator my good friend Dexterr Jettster owned a 50s dinner on Courscant that had Republic secrets on the menu along with cheeseburgers and malt shakes. We found the assassin and Mace Window killed him later right in front of Boba. And he was a good friend.

I laughed

Galan007
So yeah, this ep was basically a Mando one-shot, which also made it the best episode of the season so far, imo.

I really appreciated them showcasing the fact that even immensely seasoned warriors who have trained their entire lives with most types of weaponry, cannot just pick up a lightsaber and immediately be adept with it.

I'm also curious what Mando had the Armorer forge for Grogu out of the Beskar spear..?

Blakemore
Why did Chewbacca live with ewoks? Was it because Yoda died?

Robtard
Why did Chewbacca live with ewoks? Was it because Yoda died?

He preferred interspecies Ewok sex.

Blakemore
Hmm. I haven't seen the sequels, but I don't think anyone mentions ewoks. Man, that must sting.

-Pr-
So yeah, this ep was basically a Mando one-shot, which also made it the best episode of the season so far, imo.

I really appreciated them showcasing the fact that even immensely seasoned warriors who have trained their entire lives with most types of weaponry, cannot just pick up a lightsaber and immediately be adept with it.

I'm also curious what Mando had the Armorer forge for Grogu out of the Beskar spear..?

My guess? A beskar sphere that Grogu can launch Magneto-like at enemies. No, but really, the little links we briefly saw made me think of some kind of shirt like Frodo's mythril vest.

Also, what was that ****ing ring/halo thing? I feel like I've seen it before, but I worry I'm confusing it with something else.

juggernaut74
Looks like he made a necklace.

Galan007
My guess? A beskar sphere that Grogu can launch Magneto-like at enemies. No, but really, the little links we briefly saw made me think of some kind of shirt like Frodo's mythril vest.

Also, what was that ****ing ring/halo thing? I feel like I've seen it before, but I worry I'm confusing it with something else. Yeah I was thinking some kind of little Beskar chain mail.

It reminded me of the halo from the movie Elysium.

juggernaut74
At the end Mando says he's going to see a little friend before he helps Boba. Does that mean the next episode is going to be another Mando episode?

NemeBro
It's kind of jarring how much better episode 5 was than everything that came before.

Tzeentch
God damn this was a good episode. Easily the best in the series imo. thumb up

Was nice to see someone other than that bum Robert Rodriguez direct. God bless Jurassic Park mommy.

Sheev
At the end Mando says he's going to see a little friend before he helps Boba. Does that mean the next episode is going to be another Mando episode? Either that or that part of his mission takes place off screen for now and we see what actually happened next year in season 3.

Eli Vanto
I really appreciated them showcasing the fact that even immensely seasoned warriors who have trained their entire lives with most types of weaponry, cannot just pick up a lightsaber and immediately be adept with it. Does that concept only apply to the dark saber, or all lightsabers?

Originally posted by NemeBro
It's kind of jarring how much better episode 5 was than everything that came before. Do you think that is because of the lack of Boba's story, or because of the director?

Robtard
Already been noted above, ep5 was great, far better than the others and it didn't have Boba Fett's arch in it at all really.

Seriously, what the f**k is going on with the Boba story/writing. They have the ability to deliver.

-Pr-
I loved the Terminator 2-esque destruction of Mandalore. Looked awesome.

So much in terms of world-building and nostalgia in this episode, and yet done in a way that actually felt like it worked rather than being too cheap.

Galan007
Does that concept only apply to the dark saber, or all lightsabers? So far as we know, the Darksaber is just another lightsaber(albeit with a unique design/appearance)... And since every saber contains a kyber crystal, of which have a certain sentience to them, I'd like to think the same concept would apply to all lightsabers. /shrug

Old Man Whirly!
Magnificent episode Again! **** the haters!

Blakemore
Does that concept only apply to the dark saber, or all lightsabers?

Do you think that is because of the lack of Boba's story, or because of the director? A New Hope was a terrible mess that was saved in editing by Martia Lucas, but a lot of fans and critics were wondering why there wasn't a love story in it, so George hires a director who can make a love story and some actual drama, which people loved. After George kept taking credit for other people's work, his wife divorced him and he hired a director who was good at turning basic story elements into great special effects scenes, kinda like JJ Abrams.

This is where Star Wars started to decline. Ewoks, Wookies, droids,, whilst rehashing things from A New Hope like space battles against a big ship, speed chases, and a room full of weird alien puppets.

Now look at The Phantom Menace. Gunguns, Newt Gingrich, Insidious, The Makeup Queen, Jedi Council, Maul face, Wattoberg, and a stupid kid. Now we have even more rooms full of weird alien puppets, a speed chase and a space battle. They also had more lightsabers.

Attack of the clones had most of the same characters, but introduced a stupid love story, more kids, more battles, more puppets and even more lightsabers.

Revenge of the Sith, Lucas kinda got it. Focus on the character, just one, and make him go bad, even though in the last film he already was bad. More space battles, more lightsabres, and more things from the original trilogy. Specifically, A New Hope. The film his wife made that later became a toothed, man-eating, sand vagina after the divorce.

The sequels are simply just copying things people liked from the OT based off of critics on the internet who ironically know more than the ones who are payed by corporations because they have no independent critical thinking.

juggernaut74
Something about the last episode bothers me. So the Armorer tells Mando that he's no longer a Mandalorian and they let him leave with his armor. But in the Mandalorians show Mando made it clear to Cobb Vanth that he must hand over the armor because he is not Mandalorian and he basically told Boba the same thing but Boba was able to prove he's a Mandalorian and gave it to him. Am I overthinking it?

Galan007
She sent him on a mission to redeem himself, per the Mandalorian creed. So I assume he wouldn't be stripped of the armor unless he failed that test.

-Pr-
A New Hope was a terrible mess that was saved in editing by Martia Lucas, but a lot of fans and critics were wondering why there wasn't a love story in it, so George hires a director who can make a love story and some actual drama, which people loved. After George kept taking credit for other people's work, his wife divorced him and he hired a director who was good at turning basic story elements into great special effects scenes, kinda like JJ Abrams.

This is where Star Wars started to decline. Ewoks, Wookies, droids,, whilst rehashing things from A New Hope like space battles against a big ship, speed chases, and a room full of weird alien puppets.

I feel like the whole "Star Wars was saved in the edit" thing is anywhere from a tad to a fair bit overblown. Yes, Lucas had people willing to tell him when he'd ****ed up, there is a huge gulf between that and this idea that he was letting everyone else do the heavy lifting and taking all the credit for it.

Also **** you, ewoks and ROTJ are awesome.

She sent him on a mission to redeem himself, per the Mandalorian creed. So I assume he wouldn't be stripped of the armor unless he failed that test.

I just hope this isn't some weird attempt to reset everything, and undo the growth he'd undergone in learning that a simple thing like removing his helmet wasn't really that bad.

Galan007
I just hope this isn't some weird attempt to reset everything, and undo the growth he'd undergone in learning that a simple thing like removing his helmet wasn't really that bad. Same.

I'm hoping at some point Mando realizes that the faction of Mandalorians he's been allied with all these years are radicals of the highest order, and their cult-like vision of a 'restored' Mandalore does not align with his own ideals these days.

Blakemore
I feel like the whole "Star Wars was saved in the edit" thing is anywhere from a tad to a fair bit overblown. Yes, Lucas had people willing to tell him when he'd ****ed up, there is a huge gulf between that and this idea that he was letting everyone else do the heavy lifting and taking all the credit for it.

Also **** you, ewoks and ROTJ are awesome.

I just hope this isn't some weird attempt to reset everything, and undo the growth he'd undergone in learning that a simple thing like removing his helmet wasn't really that bad. I'm just crediting his wife. Marcia Lucas has been credited as being the major editor of Star Wars and the original rough cut was an incoherent mess. She saved the film. There's nothing more to it.

I'm not saying he took credit for John Williams' music or Han Solo's acting, but it would have never have been what it was if it wasn't for her.

Old Man Whirly!
Same.

I'm hoping at some point Mando realizes that the faction of Mandalorians he's been allied with all these years are radicals of the highest order, and their cult-like vision of a 'restored' Mandalore does not align with his own ideals these days. Pretty sure that's a major plot arc.

Blakemore
Or it could end up being another plot hole like Yoda watching over the battle on the wookie planet with Chewbacca only to never see each other again or even mention it to Luke.

"Luke, that wookie you've been flying around with was a great warrior this whole time!"

-Pr-
Same.

I'm hoping at some point Mando realizes that the faction of Mandalorians he's been allied with all these years are radicals of the highest order, and their cult-like vision of a 'restored' Mandalore does not align with his own ideals these days.

Yeah, you would hope so. Though that might make the armourer (and their associates) a villain for Mando to fight in season 3, which could be good.

I'm just crediting his wife. Marcia Lucas has been credited as being the major editor of Star Wars and the original rough cut was an incoherent mess. She saved the film. There's nothing more to it.

I'm not saying he took credit for John Williams' music or Han Solo's acting, but it would have never have been what it was if it wasn't for her.

I have no problem with crediting his wife. She obviously did good work. It just looked like you were taking it further than that. That's all.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>