Wonder Woman (The Witching Hour) vs Cosmic Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DantasKEdc
Wonder Woman (The Witching Hour) vs Cosmic Thor

MrMind
WW

DarkSaint85
Normal WW could win.

carver9
Thor

DarkSaint85
How does he defend against the lasso?

celeyhyga17
Lightning. Stormy storms.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Lightning. Stormy storms.

She throws lightning herself, and that's base WW without any amps.

MrMind
WHWW is multiversal

Originally posted by MrMind
I suggest people just read the JLD and witchmarked wonder woman arc themselves. it's not that long. I normally wouldn't bother reply, but you are not a troll like carver so here it goes.

Witchmarked Diana taps into the multiversal power of Hecate. which was said to be the source of all magic in the DC Multiverse,

one the most powerful myth god in all of creation. constantine said she was the most powerful god who walked the earth, and that includes all pantheons of gods including Zeus or Hades, gods like Zeus himself has universal feats, who live above orrery of worlds. in dc, pantheon gods true form exist beyond the traditional third dimensional universes, and hecate is even above that.

Hecate accidently created DC's godly pantheons spread the magic in DC's multiverse, which include the Lords of Order And Chaos. we saw Mordru one of the chaos lord, puts a tiny fraction of his power in a gem that can split the universe in half. the same gem was used by wondy later to restore magic in the multiverse. We saw Nabu and lords of order shattering dimensions like breaking glasses (which include higher dimensional realms that infinitely dwarfs the 3rd dimensional multiverse)

Hecate created a magical barrier around DC's whole normal multiverse to protect it from the dark multiverse. She was defeated by the upside down man, who came from dark multiverse and they are a group called the other kind, who one shot the first of fallen, one of the most powerful angel in existence. and was consuming the magic in the entire dc multiverse like eating candies.

when hecate was newborn. she changed the whole concept of magic after getting pissed off on a whim, and then also put the fear into each and every pantheon god.

Rama Kushna fleed in panic from witchmarked wondy, who had just parts of Hecate's power. and have not yet become full witching hour. Rama Kushna herself is multiversal in nature. On the brink of her death, Rama almost caused the collapse of every universe (reign in hell). Exists in the Sphere of the Gods, a higher plane of existence than the Orerry of Worlds which contains the 5-dimensional Bleed. Exists in a dimension 2 steps removed from the normal multiverse. she perceives infinite dimensions and higher realms in dc. a being like her, was scared of witchmarked wonder woman.

Witching Hour Wonder Woman is Wonder Woman taps into Hecate's power, she literally changed the Underworld as her first action. Underworld is also reside in sphere of the gods, infinitely dwarfs the traditional dc third dimension infinite multiverse.

to comprehend how big the sphere of the gods are, any realm in sphere of the gods, view mortal universes as tiny bubbles in the air.

Originally posted by MrMind
the power of hecate can end everything (in this context, the dc multiverse)

https://i.imgur.com/8SkvPfL.jpg

I suggest people read the entire JLD run to get the full picture on Witching Hour WW, Witching Hour Circe, Hecate, Otherkinds, Lords of Order and Chaos, Eclipso etc. DC's magic side is seriously overpowered to the extreme. There are around 50 beings right now walking the dc earth can unthink all of reality on a whim.

https://i.imgur.com/8hdmzMM.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/aJUbJ2p.jpg

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
She throws lightning herself, and that's base WW without any amps.
Nice.
More power to take.

DarkSaint85
Nice.
More power to take.

Not when he's tied up.

celeyhyga17
He cant use storm or lightning when he's tied up? Assuming he gets tied up every single time.

DarkSaint85
He cant use storm or lightning when he's tied up? Assuming he gets tied up every single time.

Nope.

Stoic
Thor defeated a being that was capable of destroying universes. Do we know for certain that the lasso would work on him, and if so, do we know if if could permanently enthral him? He has far better feats than her ATM.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Stoic
Thor defeated a being that was capable of destroying universes. Do we know for certain that the lasso would work on him, and if so, do we know if if could permanently enthral him? He has far better feats than her ATM.

She tied the Phantom Stranger up as he was in his place of power.

And again, this was when she wasn't amped at all.

Stoic
Thor resisted Black Winter's enthrallment. Just saying. PS may not be as resistant to these types of attacks.

DarkSaint85
Black Winter may not be that good at enthrallments.

Stoic
Angels, fallen Angels, and other spirits are notoriously easy to bind though. Phantom Stranger is not the Cosmic King. The lasso may not be able to detain him for long. I think that it would work, but I question whether or not he could escape this form of enthrallment. So, let's say that he is able to escape, and this turns into a real fight? What happens?

carver9
This is a non-fight and this is coming from someone who adores Wonder Woman. She loses this, easily.

MrMind
laughing out loud

Stoic
I'm not sure who'd actually win, but Diana lacks the feats necessary to topple the Cosmic King. The Black Winter wasn't a small threat by any stretch.

DarkSaint85
Angels, fallen Angels, and other spirits are notoriously easy to bind though. Phantom Stranger is not the Cosmic King. The lasso may not be able to detain him for long. I think that it would work, but I question whether or not he could escape this form of enthrallment. So, let's say that he is able to escape, and this turns into a real fight? What happens?

laughing out loud

"What if Thor doesn't lose? What if Thor wins? What happens then?"

h1a8
Originally posted by carver9
This is a non-fight and this is coming from someone who adores Wonder Woman. She loses this, easily.

Normal WW could win. She's way faster.
She could just lasso Thor with ease. Even you support her lassoing Zoom while blindfolded and her being at least as fast as Superman.

Old Man Whirly!
I'm not sure who'd actually win, but Diana lacks the feats necessary to topple the Cosmic King. The Black Winter wasn't a small threat by any stretch. no, and killing Galactose wasn't a small feat either.

Magnon
Angels, fallen Angels, and other spirits are notoriously easy to bind though. Power Cosmic is notoriously easy to drain though. Galactus was little more than an easily-accessible amp + nuclear bomb combo which Thor could use against BW. It's nothing the likes of Doom, High Evo, Annihilus/Thanos, etc. haven't done before.

Alas, there are no fat, juicy Galactuses around in this fight.

Stoic
laughing out loud

"What if Thor doesn't lose? What if Thor wins? What happens then?"

Impregnation time?

Originally posted by Magnon
Power Cosmic is notoriously easy to drain though. Galactus was little more than an easily-accessible amp + nuclear bomb combo which Thor could use against BW. It's nothing the likes of Doom, High Evo, Annihilus/Thanos, etc. haven't done before.

Alas, there are no fat, juicy Galactuses around in this fight.

He took hits from Black Winter beforehand though. Who did Wonder Woman fight again?

Originally posted by h1a8
She could just lasso Thor with ease. Even you support her lassoing Zoom while blindfolded and her being at least as fast as Superman.

You're acting whacky again.

DarkSaint85
Impregnation time?

He took hits from Black Winter beforehand though. Who did Wonder Woman fight again?

Ah so you have nothing.

WW wins, even at base. Acting like it comes down to straight punching/blasting, when WW actually uses her lasso in fights, just shows she stomps.

h1a8

So you want to pretend that being vastly faster than someone makes no difference in a forum fight?

So you want to pretend that Thor has an answer for the lasso once he's tied up?

celeyhyga17
Nope.
Pretty strong statement.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Not when he's tied up.

Thor can summon Lighting with or without his Hammer., Being tied up won't stop that.

DarkSaint85
Pretty strong statement.

It is indeed.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Just saying, People like Supergirl have already snapped out of the lasso when wrapped, and Thor has used his powers without any requirement for Mjolnir or extensive hand movement. Diana would have to wrap it well to pull it off. Supergirl was wrapped on a complex wrap and still broke free so that's there.

MrMind
regular ww wins

carver's love for ww is not gonna overcome his blind hatred towards dc, quite soothing to me

carver9

She's faster than Superman but still loses here. I give her an edge against most cosmics but with a wave of Thor hammer, he takes her out with ease.

celeyhyga17
She prolly gets sucked off here.

Sucked off hard.

DarkSaint85
Or Mjolnir just goes over to a real woman.

h1a8
She's faster than Superman but still loses here. I give her an edge against most cosmics but with a wave of Thor hammer, he takes her out with ease.

Why would Thor act first? If she's faster than Superman and can lasso Zoom then she could lasso Thor before he moves an inch. Common sense.

Also, why wouldn't she be fast enough to avoid any energy blasts or Mjolnir throw (assuming she let's Thor make the first attack).

Show me this wave of Mjolnir in the comic you are talking about.
A wave that WW has no speed or defense to.

StiltmanFTW
Or Mjolnir just goes over to a real woman.

WW has already been confirmed as one of the worthy wielders in Marvel canon, lol.

carver9
Why would Thor act first? If she's faster than Superman and can lasso Zoom then she could lasso Thor before he moves an inch. Common sense.

Also, why wouldn't she be fast enough to avoid any energy blasts or Mjolnir throw (assuming she let's Thor make the first attack).

She's not hitting Thor before he moves. Comics doesn't work like that. I dont debate off of fairy tales. Are you admitting you've never saw Thor take powers away from beings?

DarkSaint85
She's not hitting Thor before he moves. Comics doesn't work like that. I dont debate off of fairy tales. Are you admitting you've never saw Thor take powers away from beings?

Forum rules =/= comics, if she has the speed, she has the speed.

Please read the rules for like the 9000th time.

AlbertoJohnAvil

She could lasso Thor, and yeah she is relatively much faster than him, but that doesn't mean Thor is helpless. Mjolnir has shown the capability to operate on its own, and Thor can break out of the lasso and continue fighting.

h1a8
Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
She could lasso Thor, and yeah she is relatively much faster than him, but that doesn't mean Thor is helpless. Mjolnir has shown the capability to operate on its own, and Thor can break out of the lasso and continue fighting.

What proof Thor can break out of the lasso?
WW can defend against Mjolnir easily.
Hell, she might be worthy (in JL vs Avengers she proved to be but that isn't usable here).

celeyhyga17
Assuming he easily gets tied up.
Thats standard wondy only real avenue of winning.

h1a8
Assuming he easily gets tied up.
Thats standard wondy only real avenue of winning.

Well the sword, assuming she has that here.

AlbertoJohnAvil
What proof Thor can break out of the lasso?
WW can defend against Mjolnir easily.
Hell, she might be worthy (in JL vs Avengers she proved to be but that isn't usable here).

Just saying, People like Supergirl have already snapped out of the lasso when wrapped, and Thor has used his powers without any requirement for Mjolnir or extensive hand movement. Diana would have to wrap it well to pull it off. Supergirl was wrapped on a complex wrap and still broke free so that's there.

h1a8

Thor is not Supergirl. He doesn't get her feats. The lasso isn't slippery or elastic from force being applied to it from other beings (in most showings). So that was a low showing, as you will, for the lasso.

Thor can't do anything if he's a statue. Think about it. Even if Diana allows him to attack first. How would he tag her if she sees it coming? And what about her sword? That's potentially an instant kill.

Stoic
Thor is not Supergirl. He doesn't get her feats. The lasso isn't slippery or elastic from force being applied to it from other beings (in most showings). So that was a low showing, as you will, for the lasso.

Thor can't do anything if he's a statue. Think about it. Even if Diana allows him to attack first. How would he tag her if she sees it coming? And what about her sword? That's potentially an instant kill.

We don't know if the lasso can subdue him with 100% certainty. Moving onwards instead of beating a dead horse. What happens if this becomes a real fight instead of being stuck here arguing that he'd be helpless to resist something that others have resisted in the past.

DarkSaint85
Who has resisted it in canon?

And I mean with no context, and no arguments about whether it's canon or not. Straight up resisted it.

Stoic
Bizarro, but not sure if that was canon? I may not remember, but during DOS, did Diana lasso Doomsday, or get thrown by him while using the lasso on him? Again I can't completely recall the full details. My entire comic collection is at my brothers house in Canada, so I can't actually go and check. I also don't know about the Supergirl instance that Alberto is citing, but if she broke free of the lasso's influence, it isn't a guaranteed win.

AlbertoJohnAvil

Mentioning Supergirl was an example of having enough strength to break out of the lasso. Diana wrapped the lasso around Supergirl in a complex way, entrapping her hands and she still broke out. So if Supergirl could do it, then Thor who is at minimum equally stronger (and an experienced warrior) will be able to break out. The lasso won't keep him out for long, and Mjolnir is also there for any assists.

https://i.postimg.cc/RNSwHTK3/entg.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/bDftN0qw/hygb.jpg

abhilegend
Diana oneshots.

h1a8
Mentioning Supergirl was an example of having enough strength to break out of the lasso. Diana wrapped the lasso around Supergirl in a complex way, entrapping her hands and she still broke out. So if Supergirl could do it, then Thor who is at minimum equally stronger (and an experienced warrior) will be able to break out. The lasso won't keep him out for long, and Mjolnir is also there for any assists.

https://i.postimg.cc/RNSwHTK3/entg.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/bDftN0qw/hygb.jpg

You ignored what I said. That was a low showing for the lasso as its not shown to be like a rubberband when enemies try to get out. It has held stronger beings than Supergirl. So both kill that argument.

DarkSaint85
Bizarro, but not sure if that was canon? I may not remember, but during DOS, did Diana lasso Doomsday, or get thrown by him while using the lasso on him? Again I can't completely recall the full details. My entire comic collection is at my brothers house in Canada, so I can't actually go and check. I also don't know about the Supergirl instance that Alberto is citing, but if she broke free of the lasso's influence, it isn't a guaranteed win.
1. Bizarre isn't unambiguously canon. There are arguments for and against it.

2. No, DOS Doomsday never did. You're thinking of Brainiac when he mind controlled Doomsday - there was context involved.

3. Supergirl is the only one that might be used - but having Supergirl as the sole low showing of the lasso doesn't bode well for Thor. Supergirl after all was able to fight the Flash at superspeed.

Thor's low showings? I'm not going to go there. But all I am pointing out is that if we apply low showings to one, it should be consistent.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.