MCU Cull Obsidian vs Wolf (AvP: R) or Upgrade Predator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tyrannoraptor
What if going to happen here as any of the Predators (Like Wolf from AvP: R or the Upgrade one) is about to fire plasma weapons?

ShadowFyre
Cull. The upgraded predator could possibly win if they were hunting and not a straight up brawl

Tyrannoraptor
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Cull. The upgraded predator could possibly win if they were hunting and not a straight up brawl But also, didn't you watch Cull Obsidian taking hits from Iron man's attacks including the repulsors and the Hulkbuster variant?

Kazenji
Cull wins this.

TheVaultDweller
Anyone who can give IW Iron Man a hard time is a bit above Wolf's pay grade IMO.

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by Tyrannoraptor
But also, didn't you watch Cull Obsidian taking hits from Iron man's attacks including the repulsors and the Hulkbuster variant?

Yes, and I saw him get his hand lopped off and I saw him die from the forcefield. The same forcefield that outriders pushed through. Then I saw him die again by a 60-80 ton Giant man stepping on him.

No doubt Cull wins a straight up fight.but he is not that durable compared to top tier of mcu. The yautja have the arsenal to kill him if they were hunting. Cloak>plasma cast/shuriken/acid/spear to the head should make it a wrap.

And repulsors are not the same as superheated plasma that cuts through metal a step down from vibranium. Plus being invisible is kind of a big deal

HulkIsHulk
Yes, and I saw him get his hand lopped off and I saw him die from the forcefield. The same forcefield that outriders pushed through. Then I saw him die again by a 60-80 ton Giant man stepping on him.

No doubt Cull wins a straight up fight.but he is not that durable compared to top tier of mcu. The yautja have the arsenal to kill him if they were hunting. Cloak>plasma cast/shuriken/acid/spear to the head should make it a wrap.

And repulsors are not the same as superheated plasma that cuts through metal a step down from vibranium. Plus being invisible is kind of a big deal

You are horribly overrating your favs and downplaying their opponent, as always.

TheVaultDweller

Before we even get to anything else, how did you come to the conclusion that Endgame Giant Man weighs 60 to 80 tons? I would very much like to see the calculations you did to reach this number.

Tyrannoraptor
Yes, and I saw him get his hand lopped off and I saw him die from the forcefield. The same forcefield that outriders pushed through.

The yautja have the arsenal to kill him if they were hunting. Cloak>plasma cast/shuriken/acid/spear to the head should make it a wrap.

But the only reason why Cull Obsidian's hand gets lopped off is due to a magic portal closing on him while the forcefield also did killed most of the Outriders when they first started ramming through it (and Cull Obsidian wasn't even forcing his way through it) and isn't Cull Obsidian on par with Hulkbuster Iron man which was designed to trade blows with Hulk?

TheVaultDweller
But the only reason why Cull Obsidian's hand gets lopped off is due to a magic portal closing on him while the forcefield also did killed most of the Outriders when they first started ramming through it (and Cull Obsidian wasn't even forcing his way through it) and isn't Cull Obsidian on par with Hulkbuster Iron man which was designed to trade blows with Hulk?

Yeah, the Outriders had to swarm the energy field en masse to overwhelm it enough so that some could survive pushing through. And even then they quickly realised it was a bad strategy, which is why they started circling around it instead, forcing the Wakandans to open a portion to funnel them through. Not to mention Cull got dragged along it for like a 100 feet before the Hulkbuster gauntlet presumably exploded (Tony's had parts of his armor rigged to explode in the past as well, like in IM3). And that's ignoring the fact that the same energy field could withstand impacts like this:

wO2Dsku5eUM

TheVaultDweller
Also, this bulldozer Deathlok is pushing is a PR764 crawler, which weighs between 45,000 and 53,000 kg (people can Google it themselves if they don't believe me).

-pnOXuRI0vM

I can't fathom how anyone could think Endgame Giant Man is only slightly heavier than that.

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-60e286003b3fc7baded2177ea781704e

Especially when he could punch out Leviathans who could plough through skyscrapers without issue.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ImpoliteSolidAcornweevil-size_restricted.gif

Tyrannoraptor
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Yeah, the Outriders had to swarm the energy field en masse to overwhelm it enough so that some could survive pushing through. And even then they quickly realised it was a bad strategy, which is why they started circling around it instead, forcing the Wakandans to open a portion to funnel them through. Not to mention Cull got dragged along it for like a 100 feet before the Hulkbuster gauntlet presumably exploded (Tony's had parts of his armor rigged to explode in the past as well, like in IM3). And that's ignoring the fact that the same energy field could withstand impacts like this:

wO2Dsku5eUM
Besides, Cull Obsidian has a shield for him to block the plasma bolts.

ShadowFyre
Because Giant Man was 65 feet tall. How much do you think he weighs? Assuming he was 100 feet tall at max he could possibly be 300 tons but that would require a much denser bone and muscle structure than humans have to support it

For reference:

Blue Whale: 150 feet long=100 tons
Brachiasaur:50 feet tall/less than 100 feet long=62 tons
Kong (2017): 100 feet tall=a little over 100 tons

"Weight is a function of volume, and volume increases as the cube of linear dimensions. A 50-foot woman would be 9.375 times taller than an average woman, and thus would weight 9.375 x 9.375 x 9.375 times an average woman's weight. With an average weight of 120 lbs, the 50-foot woman would weight 98,877 pounds, or 45 metric tons."

So @ hulkster. Noo y'all are just mcu fanboys.

Invisiblle plus weaponry that can kill him means that he can lose this fight.

Before y'all fangirl out to much. How does Cull defend himself from something he can't see? The yautja will immediately go invisible and then he gets a Dlex naginata through his skull.

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
You are horribly overrating your favs and downplaying their opponent, as always.

As always? I rarely do that and I always back it up with actual feats or actual information..And if I am wrong, I always admit it.

You are...... completely ignoring the predators gear and abilities and pretending like they are going to punch it out.

I am sorry that I have a little bit of common sense and know that a being that uses invisible technology might go ****ing invisible when a 10 foot tall behemoth comes charging at him?

Don't ya think? I mean please put forth your scenario of how this fight goes down.

It is mind boggling that y'all are calling me out for using common sense and science.

@vault-bulldozers are solid metal, scott lang is not. That should point you in the right direction.

TheVaultDweller
Because Giant Man was 65 feet tall. How much do you think he weighs? Assuming he was 100 feet tall at max he could possibly be 300 tons but that would require a much denser bone and muscle structure than humans have to support it

For reference:

Blue Whale: 150 feet long=100 tons
Brachiasaur:50 feet tall/less than 100 feet long=62 tons
Kong (2017): 100 feet tall=a little over 100 tons

"Weight is a function of volume, and volume increases as the cube of linear dimensions. A 50-foot woman would be 9.375 times taller than an average woman, and thus would weight 9.375 x 9.375 x 9.375 times an average woman's weight. With an average weight of 120 lbs, the 50-foot woman would weight 98,877 pounds, or 45 metric tons."

So @ hulkster. Noo y'all are just mcu fanboys.

Invisiblle plus weaponry that can kill him means that he can lose this fight.

Before y'all fangirl out to much. How does Cull defend himself from something he can't see? The yautja will immediately go invisible and then he gets a Dlex naginata through his skull.

Wrong. He was not 65 feet tall. He was around 110 feet in EG. And this has been pointed out to you before.

https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudios/comments/bo92ev/antman_set_a_new_size_record_as_giantman_in/

But here you go. People actually did calculations for CW Giant-Man, not some hypothetical 50 foot woman. And Giant-Man was much larger and proportionally more massive in Endgame, so he would be much heavier than this number:

https://thescienceof.org/ant-man-65-weight/

And the evidence does support his bones actually being much denser and heavier than a normal upscaled man, as he's repeatedly shown much larger proportional strength at giant size than a simply enlarged Scott would.

Also, please provide the source for your blue whale length? Because every source I have seen put them at less than a 100 feet in length on average. Hell, the longest documented example I could find was only 110 feet, and they put her at around 190 tons.

And no one said anything about the Predator's weapons or the result of your "hunt" scenario, so stop trying to twist other people's arguments.

TheVaultDweller
@vault-bulldozers are solid metal, scott lang is not. That should point you in the right direction.

Yes, because being solid metal (like portions of Scott's armor, like his helmet and gauntlets) makes up for the fact that it's barely larger than EG Giant-Man's foot. erm

TheVaultDweller
And it's easy to account for any extra density he might gain at enlarged size because of Pym particle magic (just like he often loses mass when going tiny, or he'd squash any flying ant he'd try to ride or massively weigh down people in those instances when he's sitting on their shoulder etc.), which does whatever the writers need it to. Because, as I have already pointed out, a 60 to 80 ton Giant-Man would not have been able to punch out a Leviathan that can ram right through a skyscraper without missing a beat. He would have shattered his arm instead. Nor would he have been able to bust through all the rubble of the Avengers mansion. He would have been crushed in the attempt.

ShadowFyre
I put length and weight reversed on the blue whale part sorry. But I am literally right on the money with the weight.

So he is about 120 tons if he is 100 feet tall. With 300 being a far out there weight.

We usually get along but your kinda being a little weird about this, maybe I'm just reading you wrong today.

First off, I didn't make a hunt scenario. I said there would be two different outcomes. The predator is going to go invisible,no ifs ands or buts, that is there go to move. Whether it's a hunt or a fight, the predator has an immediate and clear advantage over cull. This can't be denied.

And this is where you kinda pissed me off.

Hypothetical 50 foot woman? Well, both a 50 foot woman and a 100 foot tall Giant man have appeared in movies. We both provided science to back up our claims. Both of us are right, except I used the official height that I looked up which was 65 feet which would make him about 60-80 tons.

So why is my 50 foot woman (been around a lot longer than giant man) hypothetical? But your giant man is real and your science is better than the same science I used?

That's a very h1 thing to say. My movie character is hypothetical but yours is real? That just doesn't sound like something you would say.

And the leviathan thing is useless, so did Hulk and he weighs like a 1000 lbs. We both know comic punches have nothing to do with physics

ShadowFyre
Cull. The upgraded predator could possibly win if they were hunting and not a straight up brawl

And clear as day I said Cull would win a fight. (So **** you hulkster, as I clearly didn't fanboy)I am just pointing out that a predator has the gear and abilities to kill Cull if it so chooses to do so while people just completely ignore the yautja abilities and gear

TheVaultDweller
I put length and weight reversed on the blue whale part sorry. But I am literally right on the money with the weight.

So he is about 120 tons if he is 100 feet tall. With 300 being a far out there weight.

We usually get along but your kinda being a little weird about this, maybe I'm just reading you wrong today.

First off, I didn't make a hunt scenario. I said there would be two different outcomes. The predator is going to go invisible,no ifs ands or buts, that is there go to move. Whether it's a hunt or a fight, the predator has an immediate and clear advantage over cull. This can't be denied.

And this is where you kinda pissed me off.

Hypothetical 50 foot woman? Well, both a 50 foot woman and a 100 foot tall Giant man have appeared in movies. We both provided science to back up our claims. Both of us are right, except I used the official height that I looked up which was 65 feet which would make him about 60-80 tons.

So why is my 50 foot woman (been around a lot longer than giant man) hypothetical? But your giant man is real and your science is better than the same science I used?

That's a very h1 thing to say. My movie character is hypothetical but yours is real? That just doesn't sound like something you would say.

And the leviathan thing is useless, so did Hulk and he weighs like a 1000 lbs. We both know comic punches have nothing to do with physics

Wrong again. He is about 120 tons at 65 feet. That's a calculation for his Civil War weight. Not his 45-odd foot taller Endgame weight. It's directly stated multiple times in the source I provided, including the title itself.

Again, I never said anything regarding your comments about the Predator's weapons or stealth. I questioned you specifically about your Giant-Man numbers, because that's what I took issue with.

And hypothetical in the application of using it to estimate Giant-Man's mass compared to actually using Giant-Man himself to calculate it, which is perfectly doable. Because there are other factors as well, such as men generally having greater bone density, which partially contributes to their greater mass. I genuinely don't know how you got to "my character is real and yours isn't" from that.

And Hulk's punch and Scott's punch played out totally differently. Hulk punched it into the ground and then had to push against it with his whole body, causing it to flip tail over end. And even then he got pushed backwards by its momentum. Scott clocked it in the air hard enough that it went completely off course and crashed into the ground by itself, while he barely missed a step before continuing forward. So, mass clearly did make a difference based on how the punches were depicted.

But whatever. I can't be bothered to keep responding to you after this post.

riv6672
Cull stomps.

HulkIsHulk
Just to add, Cull could sleep through this fight and Wolf would die. There is no scenario, no hunt, nothing Wolf has going for him will amount to more than annoyance to Cull.

Cull laughs at the pathetic wannabe trying to show off and reduces him to smear. That's what will happen to Wolf, anytime, everytime, in any scenario and condition, and there's nothing the Predator can do about it other than kill himself

Its absolute reaching and nonsense to think Wolf even belongs in the a fight which hasis Cull

TheVaultDweller
I'm pretty much over this discussion, but just to put the Giant-Man mass issue out of its misery, using the same formula used to calculate his CW weight:

Scott is 5'10" = 70 inches.
EG Giant Man form is 109' = 1308 inches.

Divide 1308 by 70 and you get roughly 18.68. So, that's the multiplier.

So, 180 * 18.68 cubed is about 1173283.9lbs, or around 532 metric tons. Even if you lowball his Endgame height to 100 feet flat, it still comes out to over 400 tons.

Tyrannoraptor
Just to add, Cull could sleep through this fight and Wolf would die. There is no scenario, no hunt, nothing Wolf has going for him will amount to more than annoyance to Cull.

Cull laughs at the pathetic wannabe trying to show off and reduces him to smear. That's what will happen to Wolf, anytime, everytime, in any scenario and condition, and there's nothing the Predator can do about it other than kill himself

Its absolute reaching and nonsense to think Wolf even belongs in the a fight which hasis Cull But Wolf might be able to defend himself with his plasma cannon.

KingD19
But Wolf might be able to defend himself with his plasma cannon.

Except Cull has tanked multiple things that do more damage like Tony's lasers and repulsors.

Kovert Potato
Wolf wins with the suicide bomb.

KingD19
By the time it goes off Cull will have BFR'd him.

But even if he doesn't, killing yourself doesn't count as a forum win. Either its a draw or a win for Cull.

Kovert Potato
Originally posted by KingD19
By the time it goes off Cull will have BFR'd him.

But even if he doesn't, killing yourself doesn't count as a forum win. Either its a draw or a win for Cull.

It counts as a moral victory given how bad Wolf is getting bashed in here.

KingD19
Originally posted by Kovert Potato
It counts as a moral victory given how bad Wolf is getting bashed in here.

He's not getting bashed. It was a bad match up to put him against a guy who can tank Bleeding Edge Iron Man energy attacks and out muscle the Hulkbuster armor. If we put Rambo up against Thor it would be a bad fight too.

And him doing a kamikaze because he can't win isn't a moral victory. Its a moral and physical defeat. He got beat so bad he had to set off a massive bomb to hide his shame.

Kovert Potato
He's not getting bashed. It was a bad match up to put him against a guy who can tank Bleeding Edge Iron Man energy attacks and out muscle the Hulkbuster armor. If we put Rambo up against Thor it would be a bad fight too.

And him doing a kamikaze because he can't win isn't a moral victory. Its a moral and physical defeat. He got beat so bad he had to set off a massive bomb to hide his shame.

That's fair enough, but about not getting bashed...

Cull laughs at the pathetic wannabe trying to show off and reduces him to smear.

TheVaultDweller
Except Cull has tanked multiple things that do more damage like Tony's lasers and repulsors.

Something that actually gets overlooked is that, before his death in Endgame, he actually tanked multiple hits from the same energy cannons that were implied they would have been lethal to Drax (or at least would have seriously injured him). And we know how tough Drax is. It's also worth noting that Scott didn't simply step on him. You can see him actually push down on that foot with his weight to further crush Cull, even twisting his heel into the ground a bit:

https://i.imgur.com/j4niCiy.mp4

The other relevant bit is here at around 1:20:

ZQpWRenGF_w

TheVaultDweller
On a random note, Spider-Man's reaction to Star-Lord's description of Thor always makes me chuckle.

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by Kovert Potato
That's fair enough, but about not getting bashed...
Lol one guy was highballing Wolf so I took the opp route

Also you have admit up against Cull looking pathetic is the only thing Wolf can do

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.