Now Trump has gone: Let's talk about Institutional racism.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Old Man Whirly!
We always hear when a Pakistani is a paedo in the UK it's his religion. When it's someone like Jimmy Savile, we never have his ethnicity brought into it. When black people riot, I see them called Animals... I never see the Proud boys or trumpers demonstrating or militiamen with guns being called out on what they are doing due to race. In the U.K. and ex British soldier called Chris Alder was killed in Custody, you can see here the Police making monkey noises over his body.

uWyrHEGuf9U

We have allowed excuses to be made by the right, when I was a kid people spoke in a racist manner all the time, the '60's, the '70s, and '80s were full of racism. Racism, became a dirty word, no one wants to be called racist, so the racists pushed back Trump gave them the opportunity, Boris gave them the opportunity, they start to push back and renormalise the idea that non-whites are inferior. No Science supports this, despite the poor understanding of genetics and the increase in obviously racist behaviour and language we have seen as popularism led to Brexit and Trump.

Blame and Shame are not going to help, we have to remove context and look at the words these people spew in order to see the latency of their hate.

So how do we move on, naturally they will return to the shadows, their little boxes to some extent, but the hate inside them will propagate? What do we do next? How do we educate the ill-educated and how do we get them to understand some people need more help to be raised up to equality because others perceive them wrongly as animals?

wxyz
There's no such thing as systemic racism.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
We always hear when a Pakistani is a paedo in the UK it's his religion. When it's someone like Jimmy Savile, we never have his ethnicity brought into it. When black people riot, I see them called Animals... I never see the Proud boys or trumpers demonstrating or militiamen with guns being called out on what they are doing due to race. In the U.K. and ex British soldier called Chris Alder was killed in Custody, you can see here the Police making monkey noises over his body.

uWyrHEGuf9U

We have allowed excuses to be made by the right, when I was a kid people spoke in a racist manner all the time, the '60's, the '70s, and '80s were full of racism. Racism, became a dirty word, no one wants to be called racist, so the racists pushed back Trump gave them the opportunity, Boris gave them the opportunity, they start to push back and renormalise the idea that non-whites are inferior. No Science supports this, despite the poor understanding of genetics and the increase in obviously racist behaviour and language we have seen as popularism led to Brexit and Trump.

Blame and Shame are not going to help, we have to remove context and look at the words these people spew in order to see the latency of their hate.

So how do we move on, naturally they will return to the shadows, their little boxes to some extent, but the hate inside them will propagate? What do we do next? How do we educate the ill-educated and how do we get them to understand some people need more help to be raised up to equality because others perceive them wrongly as animals?

It's a difficult thing to quell. I think more of a melting pot society like what's exhibited in the military would help.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Sin I AM
It's a difficult thing to quell. I think more of a melting pot society like what's exhibited in the military would help. You see Sin, I'm not sure of that, my operational and working knowledge of the US Military is far less secure than of the UK military but one thing I know and feel probably holds true in both is the culture of concealment that allows behaviour that would be deemed anachronistic by wider society to continue unabated within the military bubble.

cdtm
Racism like what. Voting for Trump?

Try looking at America'a Silicon Valley sometime. Various asian descented programmers complain all the time about the stranglehold Indians have over the job market there, with uncles hiring relatives, Indians hiring friends. Entire upper tiers of management are dominated by one tribe of Indian or another. It got so bad, an Indian friend of mine I used to room with advised me to consider a career change, because there were simply so few non Indians a white slob like me can argue a case of discriminatory policies against whites.

To my eyes, this is an example of racism.

Rhetoric about America's racist past, or trying to pin a label or racism on a police officer for killing a black man, or a land lord for policies harmful to black people, I'm not convinced.

There's a lot of reasons why blacks as a community can be hurt, without evil racists being out to get them. Landlords are money grubbing scumbags, for one.

And I'm just gonna say it, some blacks are scumbags too. From rough neighborhoods, maybe. If you're dirt poor or live in an area where government failed the people, you have to do what you can to survive, I get that.

I still don't call a police officer racist if he's working a beat in a neighborhood where one black guy shot another black guy over leaning on his car, and the officer who knows these things are common ends up shooting another black who who isn't listening to him and reaches for a phone, and gets shot for it.

I mean, look, I've worked with people who are absolutely, completely racist scumbags. This one guy at the USPS yelled he'd never vote for a black man. A police officer friend of a family member effectively called two Japanese women prostitutes for what they were wearing.

I just think all our rhetoric is giving us two choices to make. Either all minorities ars dangerous super predators, or they're all victims.

I've got news for you, we have a lot of BOTH. Some, both at the same time. You could totally be running drive by's and get unfairly frisk stopped.

Basically, we need to be honest and realize it doesn't matter what the Right or Left say about who's a victim, or who's to blame for things. They will cover up their warts, and ruthlessly attack the opposition for stupid stuff, and most of us aren't so stupid or blind that we can't see activists think we're all stupid and blind.

And then they wonder why voter turnout is pathetic in the US.

Robtard
There's always going to be racist and groups of racist as like mind flock together, but as a society and aside from a few pot holes here and there, the US is still progressing forward. eg we just elected another person of color, this time to the second highest office.

Kamala being a woman is just another sign of progress, not in the racial spectrum of progress, but still.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Robtard
There's always going to be racist and groups of racist as like mind flock together, but as a society and aside from a few pot holes here and there, the US is still progressing forward. eg we just elected another person of color, this time to the second highest office.

Kamala being a woman is just another sign of progress, not in the racial spectrum of progress, but still. Actually true tbf.

eThneoLgrRnae
Looks like Pooty doesn't understand how things work here in the United States which isn't surprising.

Even if Trump loses all of his lawsuits and the SC let's this fraudulent election stand, Trump will still not "be gone" until January 20th of next year.

You should really educate yourself before making stupid statements like that, pooty. Trump is still the president, moron.

snowdragon
You need to unpack your racism before you want to examine somone else whirly.

There is only the human race and different skin colors, it's hard when you are so jaded.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
Looks like Pooty doesn't understand how things work here in the United States which isn't surprising.

Even if Trump loses all of his lawsuits and the SC let's this fraudulent election stand, Trump will still not "be gone" until January 20th of next year.

You should really educate yourself before making stupid statements like that, pooty. Trump is still the president, moron. No, I'm well of the 74 days and have mentioned it in many posts previously. I'm not as think as you my simple friend

eThneoLgrRnae
You keep saying "Now that Trump is gone" when he clearly isn't so no, you didn't understand.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by snowdragon
You need to unpack your racism before you want to examine somone else whirly.

There is only the human race and different skin colors, it's hard when you are so jaded. You are one hundred per cent right there is only the human race and other skin colours do not denote race, race is a social construct. This is a scientific fact however the concept of race and racial differences is institutionalised to keep people "caste" based on colour.

Blakemore
It's usually the poor who just repeat the shit their grandparents believed or something they've seen in a film.

"Because in their country, they expect this or do that"

It's like on the South Park Movie "off to the movies we shall go, where we learn everything that we know cos the movies teach us what our parents don't have time to say!"

Say Terrence, what did the Spanish priest say to the Arabian gynaecologist?"
"I don't know Phillip, what?"
*fart*

snowdragon
You are one hundred per cent right there is only the human race and other skin colours do not denote race, race is a social construct. This is a scientific fact however the concept of race and racial differences is institutionalised to keep people "caste" based on colour.

So describe for me with easy to read notes institutional bias.

eThneoLgrRnae
You are one hundred per cent right there is only the human race and other skin colours do not denote race, race is a social construct. This is a scientific fact however the concept of race and racial differences is institutionalised to keep people "caste" based on colour.

So you admit that there is really no such thing as different "races" among humans and that we are all of one human blood. You realize you just admitted that Biblical creation is true, right?

Evolution says the different "races"evolved separately. Darwin was a racist just as Hitler was. They both thought that the white race was the most evolved.

So are you a Creationist now, pooty? stick out tongue

Blakemore
So you admit that there is really no such thing as different "races" among humans and that we are all of one human blood. You realize you just admitted that Biblical creation is true, right?

Evolution says the different "races"evolved separately. Darwin was a racist just as Hitler was. They both thought that the white race was the most evolved.

So are you a Creationist now, pooty? stick out tongue Source, or he never said that.

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by Blakemore
Source, or he never said that.

Look up the original sub-title of Darwin's "On the Origin of Species" book before it was removed from the updated newer versions.

He may not have specifically said that the white race was the "most evolved" but it was clear from the book's sub-title that he thought that certain races were "more favored" than others.

Also keep in mind the year when the book was published: 1859.

Remember what was going on in that time period?

It's not hard to draw a conclusion from that exactly which "race" he thought was the most evolved.

Old Man Whirly!

Blakemore
Look up the original sub-title of Darwin's "On the Origin of Species" book before it was removed from the updated newer versions.

He may not have specifically said that the white race was the "most evolved" but it was clear from the book's sub-title that he thought that certain races were "more favored" than others.

Also keep in mind the year when the book was published: 1859.

Remember what was going on in that time period?

It's not hard to draw a conclusion from that exactly which "race" he thought was the most evolved. You're making the claim; show me or it didn't happen.

eThneoLgrRnae
You're making the claim; show me or it didn't happen.

I'm not going to go to the trouble of showing you. If you're too lazy to look it up yourself then that's on you.

Old Man Whirly!

Blakemore
Yeah, I thought even if the book was titled "the origin of races" it was referring to species and not skin colour.

Ethneo even admits he didn't say "the white race" laughing out loud

Adam Smith is another British philosopher; he believed in "the race of labourers."

That happens to be the foundation of our modern economic system, especially in the US.

Old Man Whirly!
Yeah, I thought even if the book was titled "the origin of races" it was referring to species and not skin colour.

Ethneo even admits he didn't say "the white race" laughing out loud

Adam Smith is another British philosopher; he believed in "the race of labourers."

That happens to be the foundation of our modern economic system, especially in the US. Ethneo is just trolling... laughing out loud

Blakemore
Yeah, we're wasting our time.

eThneoLgrRnae
That is not what Darwin believed, pooty. "Favored races" is a racist thing to say no matter how you try to spin it.You're trying to downplay it by claiming Darwin thought different "races" were just different varieties of humans.

While it is true that all humans are just different skin colors due to the amount of melanin in the skin that is not what Darwin was saying there.

He was a blatant racist.

Old Man Whirly!
That is not what Darwin believed, pooty. "Favored races" is a racist thing to say no matter how you try to spin it.You're trying to downplay it by claiming Darwin thought different "races" were just different varieties of humans.

While it is true that all humans are just different skin colors due to the amount of melanin in the skin that is not what Darwin was saying there.

He was a blatant racist. You are either rally thick or trolling durwank I'm taking option 2. smile

Old Man Whirly!
Yeah, we're wasting our time. thumb up He is clearly multiple parody accounts.

eThneoLgrRnae
You are either rally thick or trolling durwank I'm taking option 2. smile

Nah you're the one trolling as usual. Just look at all of the trolling orange man bad threads you've made today.

You're an idiot if you don't see how Darwin's sub-title was racist, and I can't help you if you're gonna be so willingly ignorant.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink... smh.

Darwin was racist as f***.

Blakemore
Nah you're the one trolling as usual. Just look at all of the trolling orange man bad threads you've made today.

You're an idiot if you don't see how Darwin's sub-title was racist, and I can't help you if you're gonna be so willingly ignorant.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink... smh.

Darwin was racist as f***. It would help if you provided source material.

snowdragon
No it doesn't.

You have allowed things to clowd your judement, you are a rich white guy who married I assume a middle class girl of color and had a kid. You are literally the piece that squaks the most over what doesn't equist while living the life.

Old Man Whirly!
No it doesn't.

You have allowed things to clowd your judement, you are a rich white guy who married I assume a middle class girl of color and had a kid. You are literally the piece that squaks the most over what doesn't equist while living the life. Nah, she's richer than me... smile I find your excuse and accusations easy ones from the mindset that everyone can have what I have, but they can't my first post probably clarifies it better than that article. smile I know how lucky and privileged I am... I can also see how much less others have. Including racism.

snowdragon
Nah, she's richer than me... smile I find your excuse and accusations easy ones from the mindset that everyone can have what I have, but they can't my first post probably clarifies it better than that article. smile I know how lucky and privileged I am... I can also see how much less others have. Including racism.

How hard can it be for you to put race aside at least in the usa and put class in it's place? Ironic that you don't live here and base what you believe on alot of ancedotal evidence.

I live in the usa and I have a mixed family. My wife is from belize so my son enjoys mixed heritage in the middle of the bible belt.

Old Man Whirly!
How hard can it be for you to put race aside at least in the usa and put class in it's place? Ironic that you don't live here and base what you believe on alot of ancedotal evidence.

I live in the usa and I have a mixed family. My wife is from belize so my son enjoys mixed heritage in the middle of the bible belt. Class and race are interesting as is the relationship between sex class and race. A wealthy black woman will always be in a better position than a poor white man but not as good a position as a rich black man, but a poor white man will usually be better off than a poor black woman, who will often be better off than a poor black man in chances as well as economically. Obviously, a wealthy White woman is second only to a wealthy white man, unless the person has a title like Queen of England or President of Russia and this class position puts them better off than all of them. Understanding this is important and relates to chances, opportunity and position.

Surtur
"Let's talk about institutional racism"-Guy from place that still has royalty

Giggle

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Surtur

Giggle I've lived in many places, with many situations, I would never deny institutionalized racism in the UK or white privilege in Africa. I live well off the second and never deny it to anyone of any race, none of that means I agree with it or don't wish it changed.

Surtur
Ior white privilege in Africa. I live well off the second and never deny it to anyone of any race, none of that means I agree with it or don't wish it changed.

You white devil!

Old Man Whirly!
You white devil! No doubt in many ways people like me propagate imperialism. But mechanisms and machinery for that go on anyway. This is truth...Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Class and race are interesting as is the relationship between sex class and race. A wealthy black woman will always be in a better position than a poor white man but not as good a position as a rich black man, but a poor white man will usually be better off than a poor black woman, who will often be better off than a poor black man in chances as well as economically. Obviously, a wealthy White woman is second only to a wealthy white man, unless the person has a title like Queen of England or President of Russia and this class position puts them better off than all of them. Understanding this is important and relates to chances, opportunity and position.

snowdragon
Class and race are interesting as is the relationship between sex class and race. A wealthy black woman will always be better off than a poor white man, but a poor white man will usually be better off than a poor black woman, who will often be better off than a poor black man in chances as well as economically. Obviously, a wealthy White man is better off than all of them. Understanding this is important and relate to chances, opportunity and position.

Ok, I'm willing to accept that then we have the problem of black single family homes, banish that problem and many problems of poor blacks are gone.

Surtur
No doubt in many ways people like me propagate imperialism. But mechanisms and machinery for that go on anyway. This is truth...

How many black butlers do you have? Which one is your...okay I forget the characters name, but who is your Samuel Jackson from Django Unchained?

snowdragon

Giggle

hilariously no one tackles the real problem here and ppl like whirly pretend there is system but the system is self imposed, wake up.

Old Man Whirly!
Ok, I'm willing to accept that then we have the problem of black single family homes, banish that problem and many problems of poor blacks are gone. when you treat people as animals they behave like animals. In the third world, I see the past of the first world and through people like Dickens, you see how a white underclass had all the problems the black ones have today, but at least they were never slaves in society's eyes. wink let alone segregated only 65 years ago. I get the problem with a lot of Americans segregation etc ended not long before we were born.

Surtur
when you treat people as animals they behave like animals. In the third world, I see the past of the first world and through people like Dickens, you see how a white underclass had all the problems the black ones have today, but at least they were never slaves in society's eyes. wink let alone segregated only 65 years ago. I get the problem with a lot of Americans segregation etc ended not long before we were born.

If you really cared about racism you'd donate all your belongings to a local black man.

Just make sure he isn't some African Warlord. See I capitalized it, like it's a D&D class or some shit.

snowdragon
when you treat people as animals they behave like animals. In the third world, I see the past of the first world and through people like Dickens, you see how a white underclass had all the problems the black ones have today, but at least they were never slaves in society's eyes. wink let alone segregated only 65 years ago. I get the problem with a lot of Americans segregation etc ended not long before we were born.

Prove it, not through ancedotes, prove it. Don't be some rich ******* in Africa accusing American of institutionaling racism.

eThneoLgrRnae

Abortion kills far more black people than anything else and yet you support it.

Guess you're racist then (just like Darwin was). wink

BackFire
The dems need to look inward and figure out why Trump made gains among black and Hispanic voters. They still won them by a very large margin but losing some to trump of all people should greatly concern them.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by BackFire
The dems need to look inward and figure out why Trump made gains among black and Hispanic voters. They still won them by a very large margin but losing some to trump of all people should greatly concern them.

Probably after that weird press conference where he unveiled his imaginary executive order on new reparations for black americans. I forget the details... something about 40 acres and a mule?

jaden_2.0
Abortion kills far more black people than anything else and yet you support it.

Guess you're racist then (just like Darwin was). wink

Pretty sure Malaria beats abortions.

jaden_2.0

In Florida it was because of Obama's and Biden's policy changes regarding Cuba.

In the rest of the country it's because they felt all the Democrats focus was going towards the black community.

There. I just saved them some time.

Silent Master

Some people are waking up to just how racist the democrat party still are.

meep-meep
Originally posted by Sin I AM
It's a difficult thing to quell. I think more of a melting pot society like what's exhibited in the military would help.

It's a step in the right direction for sure.

Old Man Whirly!
Prove it, not through ancedotes, prove it. Don't be some rich ******* in Africa accusing American of institutionaling racism. but you've already decided with the figures posted from time etc. You disagree.

Robtard
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
Probably after that weird press conference where he unveiled his imaginary executive order on new reparations for black americans. I forget the details... something about 40 acres and a mule?

Are you thinking of Trump's "Platinum Plan", where he pledged 500billion to America Black community building?

He'll still got 2+ months as POTUS and a Republican senate majority, so surely he will not renege on his promise. Surely.

snowdragon
Many of these disorders are not from racism, they are from poor diets because they choose shitty foods and smoke.

The very dynamic of culture is that it needs to be reviewed internally as well as externally. The time piece expresses that criticism externally, as though blacks are all victims and need a hero class to save them. To be clear these problems are faced by poor blacks not all blacks but theses articles tend to ignore that. Poverty is the killer not racism.

Newjak

uWyrHEGuf9U

So how do we move on, naturally they will return to the shadows, their little boxes to some extent, but the hate inside them will propagate? What do we do next? How do we educate the ill-educated and how do we get them to understand some people need more help to be raised up to equality because others perceive them wrongly as animals? Another example here in the U.S. is when younger males commit crimes.

Young black males are often described as Thugs and conservative news outlets consistently pull up every bad thing that person ever did.

While you'll often hear about the good things young white males accused of violent are doing with their lives. You also hear things like we don't want to ruin this young man's future for one mistake.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Newjak
Another example here in the U.S. is when younger males commit crimes.

Young black males are often described as Thugs and conservative news outlets consistently pull up every bad thing that person ever did.

While you'll often hear about the good things young white males accused of violent are doing with their lives. You also hear things like we don't want to ruin this young man's future for one mistake. thumb up Yeah Newjak. we sadly see that tactic used often on this very board, members go as far as dehumanising and calling young black men animals. It's heartbreaking to be honest.Originally posted by snowdragon
Many of these disorders are not from racism, they are from poor diets because they choose shitty foods and smoke.

The very dynamic of culture is that it needs to be reviewed internally as well as externally. The time piece expresses that criticism externally, as though blacks are all victims and need a hero class to save them. To be clear these problems are faced by poor blacks not all blacks but theses articles tend to ignore that. Poverty is the killer not racism. People tend to eat what they can afford and take solace where they can. I get why many white people both in your and my country don't like to acknowledge Institutional racism mate. We are who we are.

snowdragon
I tend to believe we reflect whats from our heart.

How expensive are dry beans, lentils, eggs, rice? No one forces you to buy processed foods, they aren't less expensive.

You want to believe in institutional racism because it takes away responsibility from choices ppl make.

Who on this forum is calling young black men animals? Quote them.

Old Man Whirly!
I tend to believe we reflect whats from our heart.

How expensive are dry beans, lentils, eggs, rice? No one forces you to buy processed foods, they aren't less expensive.

You want to believe in institutional racism because it takes away responsibility from choices ppl make.

Who on this forum is calling young black men animals? Quote them. I will when Trump has gone and I leave this forum, have no fear. But if you look back through the BLM thread you'll find them (I don't see why I should have to look for common knowledge posts). Trust me those in real poverty can't afford that. Sugar sandwiches anyone?

snowdragon
I will when Trump has gone and I leave this forum, have no fear. But if you look back through the BLM thread you'll find them (I don't see why I should have to look for common knowledge posts). Trust me those in real poverty can't afford that. Sugar sandwiches anyone?

I don't fear you leaving this forum, I've liked you for forever all the way back to our yahoo chats lol.

I think you have a very global perspective that doesn't align with mine living in the USA, from growing up a military brat and spending my young life in va/dc.

Old Man Whirly!
I don't fear you leaving this forum, I've liked you for forever all the way back to our yahoo chats lol.

I think you have a very global perspective that doesn't align with mine living in the USA, from growing up a military brat and spending my young life in va/dc. Well at least we have that my Dad was a Captain in the Army and a Diplomat, which is why I lived in Syria for a while as a kid.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.