Democrats: It's Time to Change Your Racist Policies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dadudemon
You've won the white house so now it is time to address the institutional racism that have plagued your party since it's beginning.

Your policies have torn apart black families for decades. Your policies have resulted in the deaths of tens of thousands of brown people in other nations through your warmongering.

We still do not have a UHC. A UHC would greatly an disproportionately help minorities in the US.

We still do not have comprehensive CJS reform. CJS reform would disproportionately help minorities.

So what is on the agenda for Democrats to bring positive change to America? Will anything change under Biden or will we have 4 more years of racism from Democrats?

I've submitted multiple policy changes that the US Government should implement to help combat the racism. So when will Democrats implement the no-nonsense, mostly bipartisan, policies?

Old Man Whirly!
In b4 Voltron!

Blakemore
Hm7vnOC4hoY

Flyattractor
Why Change what works for them. Hate Greed and Lying get those Stupid Minorities to vote them in to office over and over.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Why Change what works for them. Hate Greed and Lying get those Stupid Minorities to vote them in to office over and over.

This election, historically high numbers of PoC voted for the Republican. In fact, all demographics, except white males, voted for the Republican in higher numbers.

It's not working for the Democrats, anymore. They need to modernize and give up their racist roots if they wish to stay relevant.

Flyattractor
That is why they CHEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Artol
What is CJS again?

dadudemon
Originally posted by Artol
What is CJS again?

Criminal Justice System

https://www.google.com/search?q=CJS+policies&rlz=1C1SQJL_enUS852US852&oq=CJS+policies&aqs=chrome..69i57j0i22i30i457.2455j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Flyattractor
What is CJS again?

Originally posted by dadudemon
Criminal Justice System

https://www.google.com/search?q=CJS+policies&rlz=1C1SQJL_enUS852US852&oq=CJS+policies&aqs=chrome..69i57j0i22i30i457.2455j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Ya Know.. Those Mean Old People who stop you from having all the FUN you want.

Trocity
In fact, all demographics, except white males, voted for the Republican in higher numbers.

Is this legit? If so, that's hilarious!

White men were sick of being shamed by everyone, huh? That's actually extremely funny.

Flyattractor
I bet that just means the Same % as ALWAYS voted for the repubs.
But You go ahead and lie to your self Trocy.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Trocity
Is this legit? If so, that's hilarious!

White men were sick of being shamed by everyone, huh? That's actually extremely funny.

It's true.

https://i.imgur.com/Z4iLrbI.png

They were talking about it all over reddit. Even some thanking white men for being woke.

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2020/11/06/pers-n06.html

Trump won record numbers of PoC votes, too.

So, yeah, Democrats can thank white males for Biden-Harris winning and be upset with PoC and women. Or they can learn from this and do some of the stuff I was talking about in this thread: stop being so racist and amend their ways.

Flyattractor
I wonder what % of those White Votes are Dead? Hopefully we wil find out.

Artol
Criminal Justice System

Thanks, yeah, that is important.

dadudemon
Thanks, yeah, that is important.

Fist bump of supreme justice reform!

🤜💥🤛

Trocity
It's true.

They were talking about it all over reddit. Even some thanking white men for being woke.

So, yeah, Democrats can thank white males for Biden-Harris winning and be upset with PoC and women. Or they can learn from this and do some of the stuff I was talking about in this thread: stop being so racist and amend their ways.

Well damn.

Kudos to black women, they really show up to vote... especially relative to black men.

It's crazy that the white male vote does seem to have the largest impact just looking at those numbers.

They needa stop trashing white boys so much. laughing out loud

Artol
Originally posted by Trocity
Well damn.

Kudos to black women, they really show up to vote... especially relative to black men.

It's crazy that the white male vote does seem to have the largest impact just looking at those numbers.

They needa stop trashing white boys so much. laughing out loud
A significant amount of black men are legally barred from voting, which is, imo, a huge injustice.

Trocity
That is a valid point.

Old Man Whirly!
Black people in cities vote very differently to those in rural republican states... what's your point with your very incomplete data sets mate? smile

Artol

Blakemore
PivWY9wn5ps

Newjak
It's true.

So, yeah, Democrats can thank white males for Biden-Harris winning and be upset with PoC and women. Or they can learn from this and do some of the stuff I was talking about in this thread: stop being so racist and amend their ways. I like how the graph just says Democrats vs Trump lol. It's not even mentioning Biden. Also down at the bottom you can it's based of projections in exit polling?

Even then the margins are only around 2-5% difference. And for Black males the increase in overall numbers were roughly the same for each at about about .6 million. And the increases for black women weren't as close as according to the graph roughly .9 million more black women voted for "Democrats" vs only about .57 million for Trump.

Either way DDM what specific policies are you talking about?

Blakemore
oh DDM talking out of his ass again?

jaden_2.0
You won't have 4 more years of racism.

You'll have 8 more years.

Blakemore
16 years reversing racism.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Newjak
I like how the graph just says Democrats vs Trump lol.

Because it compares 2 different presidential candidate democrats: Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden. Whereas both elections, Trump was the GOP candidate.

It's not even mentioning Biden. Also down at the bottom you can it's based of projections in exit polling?

There's literally no other way to measure which demographics voted for whom other than exit polling.

Either way DDM what specific policies are you talking about?

Am I mistaken or did we have a very long multi-post conversation about this topic already? Are you an honest actor? I don't have time to search for hours through my hundreds of posts where I've talked about these topics.

Google search "criminal justice reform" and you'll get a pretty good idea of decades of work already outlined for what we need to do. You can also google search "prison reform" and "racist democratic policies."

Newjak
Because it compares 2 different presidential candidate democrats: Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden. Whereas both elections, Trump was the GOP candidate.

There's literally no other way to measure which demographics voted for whom other than exit polling.

Am I mistaken or did we have a very long multi-post conversation about this topic already? Are you an honest actor? I don't have time to search for hours through my hundreds of posts where I've talked about these topics.

Google search "criminal justice reform" and you'll get a pretty good idea of decades of work already outlined for what we need to do. You can also google search "prison reform" and "racist democratic policies." I like how your protecting the graph's graphic choices but not the actual numbers showing that the changes weren't that big or is misleading to act like so many people of color voted for Trump in 2016 when both sides got more votes lol.

Also your last answer seems like a bit of a cop out. You're the one who made the thread. You can at least mention which Democratic policies you think are racists. If for no other reason other people might want to know them I also may need a refresher as well since i only vaguely remember talking to you about this.

It's not unreasonable at all for me to ask.

dadudemon
I like how your protecting the graph's graphic choices but not the actual numbers showing that the changes weren't that big or is misleading to act like so many people of color voted for Trump in 2016 when both sides got more votes lol.

Based on this response, you're not reading the data correctly and you don't understand it.

Read the article to gain a better understanding of what those numbers respresent.

Also your last answer seems like a bit of a cop out.

Yup. 100% copping out. Not going to spend hours and hours looking up previous posts I made over the years that literally everyone posting in this thread are aware of including you. You can look it up if you're genuinely curious. These reforms are not new concepts and policies for liberals and they are not even my original ideas. You're clearly not an honest actor in this conversation, at all, and you're "attacking to defend" because you don't like someone attacking Democrats for their decades of racist policies.

This also tells me that you're not interested in changing the decades of racist and harmful policies from the Democrats. You're far more interested in gotcha games and e-wins that confronting actual issues that can make a huge difference in the lives of people of color: specifically, black people.

Divorce yourself from tribalistic political parties. Then you won't act like your family member was insulted so much so that you lose your reason, like you just did, now.

Newjak
Based on this response, you're not reading the data correctly and you don't understand it.

Read the article to gain a better understanding of what those numbers respresent.

Yup. 100% copping out. Not going to spend hours and hours looking up previous posts I made over the years that literally everyone posting in this thread are aware of including you. You can look it up if you're genuinely curious. These reforms are not new concepts and policies for liberals and they are not even my original ideas. You're clearly not an honest actor in this conversation, at all, and you're "attacking to defend" because you don't like someone attacking Democrats for their decades of racist policies.

This also tells me that you're not interested in changing the decades of racist and harmful policies from the Democrats. You're far more interested in gotcha games and e-wins that confronting actual issues that can make a huge difference in the lives of people of color: specifically, black people.

Divorce yourself from tribalistic political parties. Then you won't act like your family member was insulted so much so that you lose your reason, like you just did, now. If you knew anything about me you'd find that last paragraph as laughable trying to describe me.

Also you should like a PragerU video right now. I'm also pretty sure your points were the same ones they used as well. :/

dadudemon
If you knew anything about me you'd find that last paragraph as laughable trying to describe me.

I do know quite a bit about you from a political beliefs perspective which is why I responded the way I did. You should do better to improve the political image you give off if you don't wish to be seen as yet another tribalistic Democrat who is unable to think outside of party loyalty lines.

Also you should like a PragerU video right now. I'm also pretty sure your points were the same ones they used as well. :/

Nice red herring and indirect ad hominem.

Anything of substance to add? Such as CJS reform suggestions that I haven't mentioned on KMC over the last 15 years? Drug War thoughts? Red-lining thoughts?

Anything of substance at all to add?

Newjak
I do know quite a bit about you from a political beliefs perspective which is why I responded the way I did. You should do better to improve the political image you give off if you don't wish to be seen as yet another tribalistic Democrat who is unable to think outside of party loyalty lines.

Nice red herring and indirect ad hominem.

Anything of substance to add? Such as CJS reform suggestions that I haven't mentioned on KMC over the last 15 years? Drug War thoughts? Red-lining thoughts?

Anything of substance at all to add? I honestly don't need to prove anything to you :/ Especially when you speak of images and political tribalism you might want to look in the mirror first

I mean I legitimately asked you for your specific points so we could talk about things with substance. You're the one that made the statement, refused to post why, and am now harassing me about substance. It's kind of laughable :/

dadudemon
I honestly don't need to prove anything to you.

Then why make the statement about me not knowing you if you didn't care about the persona you were giving off about your politics?

Especially when you speak of images and political tribalism you might want to look in the mirror first

Done.

My tribe is "liberalism" and "Transhumanism." But I'm open minded enough to criticize the problems with both political positions. The fact that the Transhumanist party actually exists doesn't prevent me from pointing out some of the wacky/wonky and woefully naive positions they take.

You can criticize the Green Party, too, since I try to vote Green Party. See if I get condescending and insulting like you did (attack to defend).

I mean I legitimately asked you for your specific points so we could talk about things with substance.

No you most certainly didn't. No one is stupid enough to believe that you were an honest actor in the conversation except the anti-dadudemon cheerleaders.

You're the one that made the statement, refused to post why, and am now harassing me about substance. It's kind of laughable :/

"harassing"? Oh boy. You've lost it.

No one is forcing you to respond with condescending and insulting posts.

Newjak
Then why make the statement about me not knowing you if you didn't care about the persona you were giving off about your politics?

Done.

My tribe is "liberalism" and "Transhumanism." But I'm open minded enough to criticize the problems with both political positions. The fact that the Transhumanist party actually exists doesn't prevent me from pointing out some of the wacky/wonky and woefully naive positions they take.

You can criticize the Green Party, too, since I try to vote Green Party. See if I get condescending and insulting like you did (attack to defend).

No you most certainly didn't. No one is stupid enough to believe that you were an honest actor in the conversation except the anti-dadudemon cheerleaders.

"harassing"? Oh boy. You've lost it.

No one is forcing you to respond with condescending and insulting posts. I mean I would rather be responding with topic specific posts but you refused to post the specific policies that you think back your specific stance ;/

dadudemon
I mean I would rather be responding with topic specific posts but you refused to post the specific policies that you think back your specific stance ;/

If you would rather be responding to the OP topic, why didn't you quote it and express some of your CJS reform ideas and ways to undo some of the harmful Democratic policies?

Do you understand how you do not appear to be an honest actor even when you're trying to act like a victim of the mean, bad, dadudemon?

Edit - Here, watch, I'll show you how an honest actor would work.

dadudemon

shiv
I know what DDM means when he refers to previous reforms he outlined... and by the way outlined with charts and numbers and all with accurately sourced data.

If I had a blade held to me and had to give at least 1 single thread out of the many where DDM has published articles any respected journalist writing for any internationally recognized newspaper or journal would be proud to call their own work I'd have to say this one discussion thread about uh Prison / Punishment / Sentencing / I remember it more than all the rest because I posted in it.

I think I said some thing about one reform I would push for was. If some one has to steal food to get some thing to eat... they shouldn't be in jail or be put the cjs. What they need is help getting work. Or if you're taking them in. Take them in and put them straight on a work program where they can grind aka do some leveling up in work skills.

I also said some thing like For all general minor offenses etc prisoners should work and be paid and released with their wages so they can go straight into safe accomodation paying their own bills and stuff with skills and experience any employer would want.

I think it's Norway or some country close to it where they have open prisons. Well the prisons are built like residential properties where inmates and wardens are neighbours / house mates because they do not want to be releasing socially awkward people into communities when prisoners have done their time. And they've worked out that is the best way to help prisoners who have problems with life with criminal activity a byproduct of that.

They also have a low re-offend rate. And almost non existent attacks on wardens (who are un armed)

In essence they treat prisoners like humans and they respond well to that.

So anyway.

Like DDM says there are too many posts of his here. And he put so much detail into them. Surely if you put his name into the search and add a search word or item like %, reform, prison, offenders, disproportionate, etc you'll see something.

Having actually engaged him on the precise reforms DDM mentioned he outlined on the first page of this discussion thread.

I can't just not say nothing.

DDM. Newjack. This is not the hill you want to fall out on.

Adam_PoE
Actually, saying nothing was an option for you, one you probably should have exercised. dadudemon is a big boy, he can answer Newjak for himself instead of dodging and calling in reinforcements.

shiv
Well he game me some advice once.

And it served me well.

So theres that.

dadudemon
Thanks for contributing, Shiv. I'll try and do better in the future it's just hard to think anyone is honest when I've posted so much on this topic for years.

And, yes, a "path to civilization" is 100% needed. Real skills, real jobs, and real merit based un-sentencing. The goal should always be healthy reintegration back into society. And drug problems are medical problems, not criminal problems. The prohibitions make them criminal problems.

cdtm
I prefer the term "demoncrats".

shiv
DDM I remember there was also that discussion about Opiods

Around the time a couple of States had won settlements and judgements re: Legal Challenges. The state of some thing some thing versus Pharmaceutical Companies pushing Opiods.

Around the time I was looking into overprescription and The relationship between Drug Companies and Doctors and Research specifically funding for Research Projects.

The opiod crisis. The opiod scandal. The Insurance Companies The Doctors The Drug Companies.

Recently I was looking into US citizens struggling to buy Insulin.

For many people in the Northern States. The Canadian Pharmacies handily located a leg over the border trading insulin at less than the 10x 20x extortion price it's racketed at in the U.S. are a lifesaver.

UHC has to be rolled out alongside Regulating Drug Companies.

shiv
Re: Drug Problems are Medical Problems.

The Drug Companies which paid out Hundreds of Millions in settlements to The states which took them to court.

They made (and they continue to make) thousands / millions of people drug addicts.

dadudemon
About the opiate crisis: has it disparately impacted people of color?

If so, that could point to a policy that was a bit more malicious than just making a simple buck or two. The US has a history of trying to indirectly kill people of color through policies. FDA is not the best of orgs.

cdtm

dadudemon
Originally posted by cdtm
You seem biased towards DDM?

Are you certain you're not a DDM sock, DDM?

Mother f*cker....

I've been found out. Please don't tell the mods!

shiv
if you've heard of the opiod crisis, you're probably heard of Madison County.

Since we're having this discussion now I though't now is as good a time as any to check in on how they're all doing.

Fyi I don't do g searches any more. I (mostly) do Quant.

https://wgel.com/news/2020/07/madison-co-sa-sues-for-opioid-epidemic-compensation/

https://eu.citizen-times.com/story/news/madison/2020/01/13/madison-county-rolls-out-new-effort-combat-opioid-epidemic/4432775002/

https://www.science20.com/hank_campbell/ newborn_mothers_get_too_many_opiods_claim_osteopat
hs_then_they_circulate_them_in_their_community-250007
Newborn Mothers Get Too Many Opiods, Claim Osteopaths, Then They Circulate Them In Their Community
By Hank Campbell | August 14th 2020 10:10 AM

https://www.qwant.com/?q=madison%20county%20opiod&t=web

Politics Tie In:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madison_County,_Illinois#Politics

Lower Quadrant of The Map At The Top Of The Page: Hover On The Red Box with a Bite Taken Out of it's left side. That Is Madison County. It's numbers are also in the full list of 102 counties lower down the page.
https://www.politico.com/2020-election/results/illinois/

Madison County and how they got screwed over is a case study of a lot of things.

Newjak

Old Man Whirly!
I can't tell if you're being purposely historically dishonest or just naive?

laughing out loud You are a much kinder person in your replies to DDM's gaslighting than I could ever be mate. thumb up Respect for that!

dadudemon
I can't tell if you're being purposely historically dishonest or just naive?

It's odd because you and I think have similar goals in Criminal Justice Reform but you're just so weird about the history of it.

Like I'm assuming you're referring mostly to Clinton's Criminal Bill but it's incorrect to say the policies were inherently just the Democrats at the time. Nixon and Reagan both participated in the War on Drugs as well and the punishment must be severe model was firmly situated the GOP conservative base of that time. A model that still extends to the modern day conservative GOP. The whole spare the rod spoil the child mentality.

So to say they are just Democratic policies isn't right. It's like saying slavery was just Republican. For a long time they were the policies of both parties. Also the Democrats modern platform consents of a lot of CJR I would like to see but it gets blocked by the GOP.

I mean it wasn't too long ago you were praising Oregon for it's decriminalization of drugs. Which let's be honest that was mainly carried through by the Progressive Democrats of that state. A number of democratic led efforts have led to more body cam requirements for officers.

The efforts in most states to legalize MJ has overwhelmingly come from Democrat pushed agendas.

The democratically controlled city I live in just recently passed a vote on creating an independent citizen review board for having a say in police misconduct. The party that opposed these measures...the GOP.

See what I mean? No honesty at all in your reply. Not even a little.

Give me a single example of something bad Democrats have done for Criminal Justice Reform since 1980. Give me a single example of a racist policy the Democrats have had since 1950.

Until you can actually stay on thread topic, you're just a troll who hates the idea that Democrats have been giant pieces of shit who have supported and instituted cascades of racist policies.

I mean, look at this copout:

"...but it's incorrect to say the policies were inherently just the Democrats at the time."

Uhuh. Is this is a thread about the Racist Republicans? No? Make it. Talk about racist policies from Republicans. It's not as thought there are 1,001 Whirly Troll threads that already do this in one form or another.

So I won't sit here and try to pretend the Democrats always had the right ideas on Criminal Justice but to act like they haven't changed, that was just their policies/not the GOP's as well, and that they haven't haven't been making it a part of their modern platform just blatantly ignores historical and modern events.

Where did I say they haven't changed? Where did I say that the GOP and the Democrats did not have the similar policies?

Can you make a single argument without using almost every single logical fallacy in the book? Is there even a single honest statement in your reply?

Again, try again. Come back to the thread when you're willing to be honest. Stop the finger pointing. Discuss only terrible policies from the Democrats and how you want them addressed. We have tons of anti-GOP threads, already.

Surtur
Why would they change their racist policies? What true incentive would they have? Trump being gone isn't enough, they were racist before him they could just hide it better.

To be fair, California rejected the racist affirmative action. So progress? But they are gonna try to get it back again in 2022 so not a single lesson learned by these dipshits. They are lying and claiming they lost cuz of propaganda and lies. So the old brexit strategy, they blamed that outcome on the same thing.

If I was a California voter who rejected it I'd totally change my mind in 2022 after hearing snobby little shitheads condescend to me and say I only voted the way I did cuz I'm ignorant. Wouldn't that strategy work on you too?

Newjak
See what I mean? No honesty at all in your reply. Not even a little.

Give me a single example of something bad Democrats have done for Criminal Justice Reform since 1980. Give me a single example of a racist policy the Democrats have had since 1950.

Until you can actually stay on thread topic, you're just a troll who hates the idea that Democrats have been giant pieces of shit who have supported and instituted cascades of racist policies.

I mean, look at this copout:

"...but it's incorrect to say the policies were inherently just the Democrats at the time."

Uhuh. Is this is a thread about the Racist Republicans? No? Make it. Talk about racist policies from Republicans. It's not as thought there are 1,001 Whirly Troll threads that already do this in one form or another.

Where did I say they haven't changed? Where did I say that the GOP and the Democrats did not have the similar policies?

Can you make a single argument without using almost every single logical fallacy in the book? Is there even a single honest statement in your reply?

Again, try again. Come back to the thread when you're willing to be honest. Stop the finger pointing. Discuss only terrible policies from the Democrats and how you want them addressed. We have tons of anti-GOP threads, already. Wow talk about going off the deep end. You can't accept the inherent bias you presented by saying they were racist democratic policies and ignoring the historical context that these policy were also and still are endorsed by conservatives :/

snowdragon
Wow talk about going off the deep end. You can't accept the inherent bias you presented by saying they were racist democratic policies and ignoring the historical context that these policy were also and still are endorsed by conservatives :/

This isn't about conservatives are better or not racist or their policies help ppl it's literally about democrats.

Surtur
Affirmative action is a racist policy. Democrats who advocate for it are racist.

Surtur
More racism from dems:

150 lower-income pregnant Black and Pacific Islander women in San Francisco to get $1,000 monthly

Some advice to leftists here: this is not a hill to die on. Do not go down defending this racist bullshit thumb up

Newjak
Originally posted by snowdragon
This isn't about conservatives are better or not racist or their policies help ppl it's literally about democrats. Yes but in order to talk about the policies being referred to here you have to look at the bigger context surrounding them.

It would be like me creating a topic framed how will Republicans live down their pro-slavery policies.

It ignores important context of the time about the various parties and policies of the times. As well as the modern context of their current views.

Surtur
Noticing your shtick is "but the context" and then you ignore it. Like how repubs and dems used sexual preference in the same context but only one was okay.

Newjak
Originally posted by Surtur
Noticing your shtick is "but the context" and then you ignore it. Like how repubs and dems used sexual preference in the same context but only one was okay. I mean the context was very important to understand why LGBTQ people would be concerned with a religious conservative using the term sexual preference given how they've used that phrase in the past to undermine LGBTQ rights before :/

Honestly that should be the easiest example to grasp when context matters

Surtur
I mean the context was very important to understand why LGBTQ people would be concerned with a religious conservative using the term sexual preference given how they've used that phrase in the past to undermine LGBTQ rights before :/

Honestly that should be the easiest example to grasp when context matters

Your "context" wasn't even "they used it in different ways" it was "well some groups don't like it".

Which isn't valid.

Silent Master
This thread is about the part democrats played in the policies, if you want to talk about what part the republicans played. start the thread.

truejedi
Or, talk about whatever you want to, because people do that in every single thread.

Silent Master
Sure, if you can't handle the topic of the thread.

Newjak
Originally posted by Silent Master
This thread is about the part democrats played in the policies, if you want to talk about what part the republicans played. start the thread. What the Republicans did and are still doing is relevant to history around this discussion.

As to the discussion I've already pointed the modern platform of the Democrats and how they've been making criminal justice reform a part of their platform for awhile now.

Surtur
What the Republicans did and are still doing is relevant to history around this discussion.

As to the discussion I've already pointed the modern platform of the Democrats and how they've been making criminal justice reform a part of their platform for awhile now.

Glad you're confirming whataboutism is okay.

Silent Master
If you're done talking about the democrats racist policies, Then the discussion is done for this thread. good talk.

Surtur
Should men be given affirmative action? Cuz there are more women in college than men. More women on this planet too.

And we commit suicide more, get murdered more, etc.

Democrats aren't just racist they are sexist too.

truejedi
What the Republicans did and are still doing is relevant to history around this discussion.

Don't worry about them, they do this. You make good points.

Silent Master
Originally posted by truejedi
Don't worry about them, they do this. You make good points.

I'm watching Never Too Young To Die, it's really good.

Robtard

All good points, but they will fall on deaf ears as this thread is an example of what happens when Trumpers lose and can't really accept the election results.. This won't be the only thread like this. My advice, pick your battles.

Surtur
Originally posted by Robtard
All good points, but they will fall on deaf ears as this thread is an example of what happens when Trumpers lose and can't really accept the election results.. This won't be the only thread like this. My advice, pick your battles.

^Projection to the max.

Robtard
https://media.tenor.com/images/efa3daec2df97f06f5e3414cf0b4918b/tenor.gif

Newjak
Originally posted by Robtard
All good points, but they will fall on deaf ears as this thread is an example of what happens when Trumpers lose and can't really accept the election results.. This won't be the only thread like this. My advice, pick your battles. lol you're not wrong

wxyz
Maybe this has been said already, but Democrats have no incentive to change any of their policies.

They know they can put up a status quo candidate (Biden) and a cop (Harris) and win.

Adam_PoE
If you're done talking about the democrats racist policies, Then the discussion is done for this thread. good talk.

Damn, my finger is itching to smash that Report to Moderators button. Keep it up.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Damn, my finger is itching to smash that Report to Moderators button. Keep it up.

Go ahead, seeing as that post was neither an insult or personal attack. the mods will either laugh at you or give you a warning for false reporting.

Stay classy.

dadudemon
Wow talk about going off the deep end.

I know, right? I've never seen someone deny not being a Democratic Party acolyte so vehemtly while falling instep with rage levels of denial, like you.

You can't accept the inherent bias

Ohhhh, there's bias? Why do you think that there's bias about Democrat's being so racist, again?

...you presented by saying they were racist democratic policies and ignoring the historical context that these policy were also and still are endorsed by conservatives :/

Already addressed this point of yours.

Noticed your dodged my question and you refuse to reframe and properly participate in the conversation.

Congrats: you're now a racist. Instead of actually honestly engaging in a conversation about what Democrats can do to end their decades of racist policies, you dance, deny, and play games to avoid fixing the problems. Typical Democrat tactic. smile

dadudemon
Yes but in order to talk about the policies being referred to here you have to look at the bigger context surrounding them.

No you don't.

thumb up

Democrats did or did not support and implement many racist policies? Did. By the loads. This thread is about what Democrats can do to fix some of their mistakes. Talk about it. Or dance.

This thread is about the part democrats played in the policies, if you want to talk about what part the republicans played. start the thread.

Hilariously, already told him to: he can revive one of the 1,001 anti-conservative threads if he'd like. It's too painful to have to ignore this thread. He has to "win" because his precious Democrats are now having to face the firing squad.

What's even funnier, no matter if he "wins the internet arguments", the facts of the racist Democratic policies, which have resulted in the deaths of millions of people of color in the US since the 1950s, still stand as a testament against anything he thinks he can do to avoid the topic.

Artol
It's hard to judge of course, but it seems that at least in words the Democrats are moving away from some of their most racist policies. I hope to see more of that, of course.

I think part of the problem is that racism is not the reason for the support of some of these policies, but rather a deeply held believe in the power of neo-liberal markets and the capitalist consensus of personal responsibility. This lead them in the past to champion policies that are incredibly detrimental to the poor and to working people of America (and the poor are at larger ratios minorities than in the overall population, so because of that it had these racist ripple effects). This may just be my personal POV, but that seems to me somewhat different from the Republicans historic racist policies, which seem to come from a place of racism and then are hidden in an economic costume. Not that it matters that much, the outcome is the most important thing.

But to be honest, I fear it won't be that much better under Biden and Harris, I think their rhetoric is only a reflection of a changed discourse in society, not a change in their philosophy.

dadudemon
It's hard to judge of course, but it seems that at least in words the Democrats are moving away from some of their most racist policies. I hope to see more of that, of course.

This is part of what prompted me to make this thread. Biden has made promises to move away from racists policies...that Biden implemented. Biden is fighting hard to end the racism that Biden implemented and supported.

Biden is using the Biden to defeat the Biden.

I think part of the problem is that racism is not the reason for the support of some of these policies, but rather a deeply held believe in the power of neo-liberal markets and the capitalist consensus of personal responsibility. This lead them in the past to champion policies that are incredibly detrimental to the poor and to working people of America (and the poor are at larger ratios minorities than in the overall population, so because of that it had these racist ripple effects). This may just be my personal POV, but that seems to me somewhat different from the Republicans historic racist policies, which seem to come from a place of racism and then are hidden in an economic costume. Not that it matters that much, the outcome is the most important thing.

But to be honest, I fear it won't be that much better under Biden and Harris, I think their rhetoric is only a reflection of a changed discourse in society, not a change in their philosophy.

In some instances, such as Biden's, racism is the reason he supported those policies.

And your description of Republican policies being racist are literally the description of the Democratic Racist policies.

I don't think it will be much better. Probably the most digesting thing about this whole situation is Biden will be given credit for any progress he makes against policies he formerly supported.

Hey, at least Bernie Sanders was consistent since the 60s. Perhaps I wouldn't be such a b*tch about Democratic racism if they weren't so racist all the time while pretending not to be.

I've explained it before. But it is like this:

Republicans:
Me: "Hey, GOP, can you not stab me in the guts. It hurts."
GOP: "No. F*ck you. This is our policy. Fight hard enough to stop me, little b*tch."

Democrats:
Me: "Hey, Democrats, can you not stab me in the guts. It hurts."
Dems: "It's your back."
Me: "What? Yes. Stop stabbing my back, then."
Dem: "Didn't."
Me: "Yes you did, you you're holding the knife and I can see you stabbing me."
Dems: "Nope. Not me doing it."
Me: "Yes. It's you. I'm taking the knife."
Dems: "You're a racist and fascist!"

Surtur
No you don't.

thumb up

Democrats did or did not support and implement many racist policies? Did. By the loads. This thread is about what Democrats can do to fix some of their mistakes. Talk about it. Or dance.

Hilariously, already told him to: he can revive one of the 1,001 anti-conservative threads if he'd like. It's too painful to have to ignore this thread. He has to "win" because his precious Democrats are now having to face the firing squad.

What's even funnier, no matter if he "wins the internet arguments", the facts of the racist Democratic policies, which have resulted in the deaths of millions of people of color in the US since the 1950s, still stand as a testament against anything he thinks he can do to avoid the topic.

lol you're not wrong

Newjak
No you don't.

thumb up

What's even funnier, no matter if he "wins the internet arguments", the facts of the racist Democratic policies, which have resulted in the deaths of millions of people of color in the US since the 1950s, still stand as a testament against anything he thinks he can do to avoid the topic. Yes you do...

Seriously here's my problem. You're still equating a different version of the groups while completely ignoring contexts. The modern Democratic party isn't the same party of the 1950s. The modern Democratic party has a lot of good ideas on attacking systematic racism in this country but who continually gets in the way? The modern day Republican party does :/

You really do sound like the PragerU video that talks about the racists Democrats and completely ignores the decades and decades of change. Also I don't think we completely agree on what constitutes a racist policy. For instance do you agree that with Surtur that affirmative action is a racists policy that hurt African Americans. Do you believe entitlements or reparations are racists policies? I know you've talked about the Black Nuclear family multiple times and I don't agree that the Democrats, especially the Democratic party of the last 2-3 decades is trying to intentionally break it up as you seemed to make it sound.

Also Biden offers better avenues of change then the Republican party does. ;/

Lestov16
You've won the white house so now it is time to address the institutional racism that have plagued your party since it's beginning.

Your policies have torn apart black families for decades. Your policies have resulted in the deaths of tens of thousands of brown people in other nations through your warmongering.

We still do not have a UHC. A UHC would greatly an disproportionately help minorities in the US.

We still do not have comprehensive CJS reform. CJS reform would disproportionately help minorities.

So what is on the agenda for Democrats to bring positive change to America? Will anything change under Biden or will we have 4 more years of racism from Democrats?

I've submitted multiple policy changes that the US Government should implement to help combat the racism. So when will Democrats implement the no-nonsense, mostly bipartisan, policies?

Tell dat nigga Mitch not to obstruct progress and everything will be good....

Silent Master
Originally posted by Lestov16

So, you want Mitch to step-off so that the racist(Biden) can sign more racist policies into law?

Blakemore
Tell dat nigga Mitch not to obstruct progress and everything will be good.... Mitch to run for pres. in 2024?

dadudemon

Sounds fair.

thumb up

Congress and the White House should listen to Bernie a bit more on CJS Reform and the Drug War, too.

dadudemon
Yes you do...

No you don't.

And that about sums up our conversation where you don't honestly engage and just type of long-winded troll posts that ignore the topic.

You'll get no where until you start the conversation by acknowledging the racism from the Democrats. You can further the conversation by talking about the specific policies they can implement (or retract) to undo their racism.

Let me know if you're interested in an honest discussion and we can try to have it, again.

Funny: I'm able to have this honest conversation with any leftist/liberal. Had the convo on reddit, too: it was great and refreshing. We talked policy.

Why is it so hard for you to acknowledge reality about the Democratic Party and its decades of endemic racism?

Lestov16
Sounds fair.

thumb up

Congress and the White House should listen to Bernie a bit more on CJS Reform and the Drug War, too.

So you should probably request a thread title change then....

dadudemon

No. The thread title is correct.

Democrats and their racists policies landed us here. To undo the damage, we need to repeal policy and implement policy.

People like Mitch and Biden can help by not be a legislative obstructionists. Biden can help but undoing some of his racist policies.

Lestov16

Democrats and their racists policies landed us here. To undo the damage, we need to repeal policy and implement policy.

People like Mitch and Biden can help by not be a legislative obstructionists. Biden can help but undoing some of his racist policies.

I'm PRETTY PHUCKING SURE that what landed us here was a DUMBASS constituency who put their complete backing behind a deplorable retard who promised to be the best leader ever and instead gave us four years of this:

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Zew5W2sIrS4/X6WXUdCijUI/AAAAAAAABAI/CBKkNoer-Scem1M5AjeRCcMfxMU7ZX-PwCLcBGAsYHQ/s320/IMG_20201106_061717267%257E2.jpg

truejedi
More young leaders. Senators, congressmen, yes president. Stop electing old white men maybe...

Silent Master
More young leaders. Senators, congressmen, yes president. Stop electing old white men maybe...

Like AOC?

Lestov16
Like AOC?

Poor AOC. I hear she left politics because she knows what is about to happen to the Trump Administration and Constituency and she doesn't want to be that merciless.... sad 🥺

Surtur
No you don't.

And that about sums up our conversation where you don't honestly engage and just type of long-winded troll posts that ignore the topic.

You'll get no where until you start the conversation by acknowledging the racism from the Democrats. You can further the conversation by talking about the specific policies they can implement (or retract) to undo their racism.

Let me know if you're interested in an honest discussion and we can try to have it, again.

Funny: I'm able to have this honest conversation with any leftist/liberal. Had the convo on reddit, too: it was great and refreshing. We talked policy.

Why is it so hard for you to acknowledge reality about the Democratic Party and its decades of endemic racism?

He can't seem to acknowledge when they act like racists or hypocrites. He always tries to excuse it by citing "oh the context" but it never ends up actually excusing what was done.

He'd save time if he just typed out "rules for thee but not for me". Remember the sexual preference BS?

Lestov16
He can't seem to acknowledge when they act like racists or hypocrites. He always tries to excuse it by citing "oh the context" but it never ends up actually excusing what was done.

He'd save time if he just typed out "rules for thee but not for me". Remember the sexual preference BS?

Hypocritical racists, as in Trump when he refused to release his own tax statements but then had the audacity to accuse Obama of being an unpatriotic Muslim Kenyan.....

Surtur
Hypocritical racists, as in Trump when he refused to release his own tax statements but then had the audacity to accuse Obama of being an unpatriotic Muslim Kenyan.....

Yeah everybody is a hypocrite. See? Why is this hard?

I didn't try to go "Well you see man the context makes my side less wrong than yours".

Trump is a hypocrite. Biden is a hypocrite. Republicans are hypocrites. Democrats are hypocrites. What is the major malfunction here when it comes to acknowledging this?

dadudemon
I'm PRETTY PHUCKING SURE that what landed us here was a DUMBASS constituency who put their complete backing behind a deplorable retard who promised to be the best leader ever and instead gave us four years of this:

That's incorrect.

The government does not represent you. Your and my wants, as well as almost every single American's wants, have a statistically insignificant, practically zero, influence on policy. This is based on actual research over the last 40 years.

We. Don't. Matter.

Constituency? No. It's just a popularity contest based on stupid tribal politics that literally don't matter.

5tu32CCA_Ig

Surtur
Of course corruption is legal. Look at how certain companies can jack up the price of meds if they want?

dadudemon
Yeah everybody is a hypocrite. See? Why is this hard?

I didn't try to go "Well you see man the context makes my side less wrong than yours".

Trump is a hypocrite. Biden is a hypocrite. Republicans are hypocrites. Democrats are hypocrites. What is the major malfunction here when it comes to acknowledging this?

Yup.

This thread is specific to Dems, though. Since they have a majority in the House, will occupy the White House, and are responsible for the greatest amount of racism in America by far, we can focus on the Dems and their policies in this thread.

Surtur
Yup.

This thread is specific to Dems, though. Since they have a majority in the House, will occupy the White House, and are responsible for the greatest amount of racism in America by far, we can focus on the Dems and their policies in this thread.

True. Well at least one of their racist policies won't take hold in California for the next few years.

dadudemon

Term limits will solve some of this.

Ending lobbying would solve some of this.

Rank choice voting would solve some of this.

Donation improvements would improve some of this.

Oh, wait a minute, this is all in a single bill, and more, called the Anti-Corruption Act.

I started the Tulsa Chapter of the Anti-Corruption Act group because I'm interested in actual change and not empty speeches on podiums from politicians who don't offer change.

dadudemon
True. Well at least one of their racist policies won't take hold in California for the next few years.

No, they exists already. Democrats have destroyed the black nuclear family and more black babies are aborted than born in many cities, now. Democrats and their racists policies need to be stopped to save the Black Americans from the slow genocide they are experiencing.

CJS reform and ending the drug war are only a minority (pun intended) of the reform pie needed to improve black plight. I think if this deranged leftists actually met and lived with poor black and Latino people, they'd stop being so racist.

Surtur
No, they exists already. Democrats have destroyed the black nuclear family and more black babies are aborted than born in many cities, now. Democrats and their racists policies need to be stopped to save the Black Americans from the slow genocide they are experiencing.

CJS reform and ending the drug war are only a minority (pun intended) of the reform pie needed to improve black plight. I think if this deranged leftists actually met and lived with poor black and Latino people, they'd stop being so racist.

It's an insidious Final Solution. Shame on these people. They're awful.

Lestov16
That's incorrect.

The government does not represent you. Your and my wants, as well as almost every single American's wants, have a statistically insignificant, practically zero, influence on policy. This is based on actual research over the last 40 years.

We. Don't. Matter.

Constituency? No. It's just a popularity contest based on stupid tribal politics that literally don't matter.

5tu32CCA_Ig

I KNOW THAT NIGGA THAT'S WHY I DON'T VOTE FOR THE GUY WHO CALLS PEOPLE CUCKS ANS POCAHONTAS ON TWITTER🤔🤔😶....

Surtur
I KNOW THAT NIGGA THAT'S WHY I DON'T VOTE FOR THE GUY WHO CALLS PEOPLE CUCKS ANS POCAHONTAS ON TWITTER🤔🤔😶....

I'm also glad you didn't vote for the guy who says you aren't black unless you vote for him.

What kind of uncle tom would do that? *smh* Disgusting.

dadudemon

You do understand that this corruption is bipartisan, right? It is endemic to both parties.

Lestov16
You do understand that this corruption is bipartisan, right? It is endemic to both parties.

dadudemon

Racism is a different topic from corruption but they are not mutually exclusive.

Lestov16
So in your opinion, if the Democrats ditch the racist policies but keep the corrupt ones, everything will be good?

dadudemon
So in your opinion, if the Democrats ditch the racist policies but keep the corrupt ones, everything will be good?

Since I made it pretty clear how to address both, your question is malformed.

Rephrase the question but with my actual points properly represented.

Edit - I'll help:

A properly formed question could read:

"Since you've outlined actual legislation to address the endemic corruption as well as the decades of racists policies, do you think it will address both?"

The answer, yes, both sets of solutions will address both sets of problems. Like I said, they are not necessarily mutually exclusive solution sets. Which is great!

cdtm

He addressed that in his original post.

Democrats won the White House, so he's talking to Democrats.

dadudemon
He addressed that in his original post.

Democrats won the White House, so he's talking to Democrats.

They also have the House. And they may have half the Senate, depending on how things run out. If they can control all 3, we may have ourselves a good position to get some change through.

cdtm
Last I heard they don't have enough of a majority yet.

Meaning they can totally blame Republicans for being obstructionists, for policies they had no intention of seeing pass.

dadudemon
Last I heard they don't have enough of a majority yet.

Meaning they can totally blame Republicans for being obstructionists, for policies they had no intention of seeing pass.

Since some of the CJS reform I talked about has bipartisan support from the American people, let's wait and see if the Dems push it through. Then we can get mad at the GOP controlled senate. I'm just looking for change.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.