DC vs Marvel - BIG BOSS BATTLE

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kovert Potato
The gloves are off, only big time grown-ups allowed.

Team DC

1. Dr Manhattan
2. Superman (Reeves and Routh)
3. Ares (Wonder Woman)

Team Marvel

1. Hela
2. Ego (GotG 2)
3. Thanos (All stones except Time stone)

riv6672
Ha, who let Ares in on this? laughing

steverules_2
Manhattan solos

Kovert Potato
I already know people are going to ask why Ares is there.

Let me tell you, there is a common misconception about WW beating him. She was only able to do this because her bracelets allowed her to re-direct his own attack against him. It is stated that Ares cannot be killed be conventional means, and if you pay attention, he has a wide array of abilities. In the end it was Ares powers that killed Ares. Having said that, nothing on team Marvel is "conventional" so I'm not saying he can't be put down.

That said, he is probably still one of the weaker members.

BruceSkywalker
a bit silly.. the good doctor solos

John Murdoch
Either Reeves/Routh Supes or Manhattan obliterate the Marvel team with ease. Either Manhattan wipes them out or Supes throws Hela and Thanos onto planet Ego and pushes them all into the sun.

riv6672
Originally posted by John Murdoch
Either Reeves/Routh Supes or Manhattan obliterate the Marvel team with ease. Either Manhattan wipes them out or Supes throws Hela and Thanos onto planet Ego and pushes them all into the sun.
Reeves/Routh Supes and Manhattan are prob. the two most powerful non amped live action Comics characters ever.

HumbleServant
If we are using dr manhattan based purely on his feats and not implied power than i think Hela can beat him

ares834
How? She may be able to destroy his body but has absolutely nothing that can kill him and she has nothing to suggest that she could withstand his disintegration.

Psychotron
DC stomps.

NemeBro
Originally posted by ares834
How? She may be able to destroy his body but has absolutely nothing that can kill him and she has nothing to suggest that she could withstand his disintegration. You kind of have it the opposite: a character whose feats involve exploding normal humans has nothing saying they can kill Hela.

Superman solos btw.

ares834
Nope. Dr. Manhattan removes the intrinsic field causing things to explode. Durability is irrelevant to something like that.

Superman does solo though.

tkitna
Manhattan solos

Psychotron
One thing is for sure, Ares does not solo.

NemeBro
Originally posted by ares834
Nope. Dr. Manhattan removes the intrinsic field causing things to explode. Durability is irrelevant to something like that.

Superman does solo though. Can you show me where in the movie Manhattan is stated as removing their intrinsic field? Or even in the comic for that matter?

Furthermore, what does that even mean? "Intrinsic field" is not a scientific term.

ares834
It's some sorta pseduo science partially used to explain his powers. It's probably a reference to three of the fundamental forces (electromagnetic, strong nuclear, and weak nuclear). Manhattan got his powers in an experiment where his intrinsic field was accidently removed. I suppose the Doctor may disintegrate people in an entirely different fashion, but it seems the logical conclusion.

Surtur
Manhattan needs feats to show he can kill those with superhuman durability and shockingly "dude killed Rorshach" doesn't cut it.

relentless1
DC... Manhattan and Reeves Superman sweep

ares834
Originally posted by Surtur
Manhattan needs feats to show he can kill those with superhuman durability and shockingly "dude killed Rorshach" doesn't cut it.

It depends on how he kills them. If it is by removing the intrinsic field or something of that nature, then mere physical durability should be irrelevant. It would be sorta similar to HP's killing curse in that regard.

HumbleServant
That would mean he could kill anyone without some sort of magical or cosmic resistance to that. Even beings as durable as dceu doomsday or reeves superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.