Homelander vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BrolyBlack
No Gauntlet

steverules_2
Homelander

KingD19
Thanos.

playa1258
Thanos has way better feats.

TheVaultDweller
Thanos would beat the ever-living shit out of Homelander.

steverules_2
Surely Homelander can stay in the air and just heat vision Thanos?

TheVaultDweller
Based on Homelander's current heat vision feats and Thanos' numerous energy resistance feats (which include Thor's lightning, energy attacks from Iron Man, Strange's magic, Captain Marvel's photon blasts, Scarlet Witch's energy balls, Wasp's Stinger blasts, Shuri's sonic blasts and more I can't be bothered to list) Homelander would struggle to give Thanos sunburn.

Surtur
Homelander was quick enough to save Billy from that explosion. So he can avoid Thanos, but he can't beat him.

Actually that reminds me about a weird detail from that explosion, but it belongs in The Boys tv thread so I'll put it there.

Impediment
Homelander shit stomps.

Surtur
Originally posted by Impediment
Homelander shit stomps.

Correct, he shits his pants, stomps his foot, then flees to another galaxy.

h1a8
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Based on Homelander's current heat vision feats and Thanos' numerous energy resistance feats (which include Thor's lightning, energy attacks from Iron Man, Strange's magic, Captain Marvel's photon blasts, Scarlet Witch's energy balls, Wasp's Stinger blasts, Shuri's sonic blasts and more I can't be bothered to list) Homelander would struggle to give Thanos sunburn. To be honest, the plane Homelander cut in half with hv is made of titanium around the engines. The boiling point of titanium is almost 6000 degrees.
The problem is that the hv was so hot that the plane reached 6000 degrees instantly. According to Newton's law of cooling (heating) the temperature of the hv had to many times hotter than the boiling point in order to make the metal reach boiling point instantly.
Lastly, the hv instantly vaporized the right side (first area of contact) to penetrate and reach the last point of contact (left side of plane facing away from Homelander).

That's a hell of a feat. I doubt Thanos faced that level of heat at all.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Impediment
Homelander shit stomps. How?

BruceSkywalker
Thanos and it isn't even funny

riv6672

KingD19

riv6672
^^^i see what you did there!

h1a8
I don't recall Homelander having any feats that prove combat speed (reaction, perception, limb movement, etc). So if this fight was h2h then Thanos would stomp. But if Homelander stays ranged and uses HV then Thanos could eventually fall (assuming he doesn't have any durability feats against extreme heat that can instantly vaporized titanium).

Robtard
Himelander is supposed to be comparable to Superman, but he just doesn't have the feats in the show.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Robtard
Himelander is supposed to be comparable to Superman, but he just doesn't have the feats in the show.

exactly

h1a8
Originally posted by Robtard

I agree. His strength and speed is nowhere near Superman level. Thanos is stronger by feats.

The only thing impressive about Homelander is his HV. It's very powerful.

Surtur
Originally posted by h1a8
I agree. His strength and speed is nowhere near Superman level. Thanos is stronger by feats.

The only thing impressive about Homelander is his HV. It's very powerful.

Is it? I disagree. What has he done with it that is so powerful? Killed people with normal human durability with it. Caused a plane to crash.

I'm also not ready to transfer over Ryan's feats to Homelander.

h1a8
Originally posted by Surtur
Is it? I disagree. What has he done with it that is so powerful? Killed people with normal human durability with it. Caused a plane to crash.

I'm also not ready to transfer over Ryan's feats to Homelander.

I explained why it was impressive a few posts ago. You must have missed it.

I'll re explain.

The metal around a commercial plane's engine is made of titanium. Titanium has a boiling point of about 6000 degrees Fahrenheit.

So the HV was more than 6000 degrees. But how much more?
Well if it was exactly 6000 then it would have taken many seconds (Newton's law of cooling) for the surface metal to boil.

The fact that the Hv instantly vaporized the material means that the temperature of the HV was many times higher than 6000 degrees.

The only character who has a feat of withstanding temperature of that level or more is Thor. Thanos has no such feat.

Here is the post you missed.
Originally posted by h1a8
To be honest, the plane Homelander cut in half with hv is made of titanium around the engines. The boiling point of titanium is almost 6000 degrees.
The problem is that the hv was so hot that the plane reached 6000 degrees instantly. According to Newton's law of cooling (heating) the temperature of the hv had to many times hotter than the boiling point in order to make the metal reach boiling point instantly.
Lastly, the hv instantly vaporized the right side (first area of contact) to penetrate and reach the last point of contact (left side of plane facing away from Homelander).

That's a hell of a feat. I doubt Thanos faced that level of heat at all.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.