Wonder Woman & Aquaman runs the gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HumbleServant
Dceu wonder woman & aquaman run the gauntlet, standard gear

1. Valkerie & Loki
2. Iron Man (avengers 1) and first ultron
3. Thor & Loki
4. Thor & Valkrie
5. Thor & Loki & Valkerie
6. Thor & Loki & Valkerie & Jessica Jones
7. Thor & Loki & Valkerie & Jessica Jones & Luke Cage
8. Thor & Loki & Valkerie & Jessica Jones & Luke Cage & Angel Dust
9. Thor & Loki & Valkerie & Jessica Jones & Luke Cage & Angel Dust & Colossus

riv6672
Stop at 3.

NotAllThatEvil
Stop at 6

h1a8
Technically WW would solo the field with her sword if we consider her speed against bullets.

riv6672
No.

ShadowFyre
And Thor could solo with a ground smash

h1a8
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
And Thor could solo with a ground smash

Three problems

1. WW is faster than Thor
2. What are the chances Thor thinks of that from the onset.
3. What is a ground smash going to do to WW anyway that won't do to Thor or his teammates?

riv6672
1. So?
2. About the same as WW fighting the way you insist she does.
3. Post scans of a Thor ground smash hurting him and his own teammates.

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by riv6672
2. About the same as WW fighting the way you insist she does. Ok. It's safe to say Thor gets beheaded mid-air while trying to smash the ground 10/10, isn't it?

riv6672

carthage
Bane attempts to negotiate peace and gets destroyed by a runaway train

riv6672

NotAllThatEvil
How is thor way more powerful than aquaman?

NotAllThatEvil
Also, which thor we talking here?

HumbleServant
Mljonir Thor (not stormbreaker axe)

NotAllThatEvil
Fat or or pre ragnorok?

HumbleServant
Pre Ragnarok

NotAllThatEvil
How is aquaman weaker than pre ragnorok thor?

h1a8
Originally posted by riv6672
1. So?
2. About the same as WW fighting the way you insist she does.
3. Post scans of a Thor ground smash hurting him and his own teammates.

2. I never claimed how WW would fight except that she would be far faster than her opponents.

3. Post scans of a ground smash hurting any super humans where he teammates were around.

FrothByte
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
How is aquaman weaker than pre ragnorok thor?

Aquaman got knocked out for a 10 count by a grenade launcher and doesn't have the feats to match Thor's destructive output.

HumbleServant
How much do you guys think aquaman can lift, 100 tons or 1000 tons or another number?

NotAllThatEvil
Originally posted by FrothByte
Aquaman got knocked out for a 10 count by a grenade launcher and doesn't have the feats to match Thor's destructive output.

He also laughed off falling through a 6 story building and a laser that destroyed a small island. The grenade is lowballing him

And him lifting a submarine is still a better strength feat than anything thor has done without his ragnorok upgrade

FrothByte

NotAllThatEvil
Lifting it underwater makes it more impressive. Plus he got beat up by the kraken for a solid few minutes.

Considering loki, who is much weaker than aquaman, was able to stab pre ragnorok thor with his tiny knife, I think aquaman's big fork will be enough

carthage
The Nidavelir rings feat pretty easily shits on Arthur's submarine feat.

NotAllThatEvil
The one he did after the ragnorok upgrade and had a rocket helping with?

Silent Master
The ship only helped him in the sense that it gave him something to apply his strength against

NotAllThatEvil
When thor initially threw the ship, the rings did not move. It was the rocket that pulled them. Impressive group strength, but it wasn't thor who moved the rings

FrothByte
Lifting it underwater makes it more impressive. Plus he got beat up by the kraken for a solid few minutes.

Considering loki, who is much weaker than aquaman, was able to stab pre ragnorok thor with his tiny knife, I think aquaman's big fork will be enough

Objects "weigh" less in water due to buoyancy. Aquaman also has a torpedo-like propulsion under water which he used to push the submarine. He's unable to do that outside water, which means he clearly gets some sort of amp underwater.

There was no proof that Thor got a physical strength upgrade after Ragnarok, as the only thing that happened is that his lightning powers were fully unlocked. So I'm not sure why you keep disregarding the Nidavellir feat.

And if you think Aquaman is skilled enough to stab Thor with his pitchfork before he gets smashed in the face with Mjolnir, then you need to rewatch those movies.

NotAllThatEvil
But water provides resistance so moving stuff underwater is much more difficult. And the propulsion comes from kicking their feetsies with super strength. Why you think he can't lift a submarine out of water. Dude briefly held off superman.

Before ragnorok upgrade, thor was a little weaker than hulk. With it he was kicking hulk's butt. Ergo, pre ragnorok thor was significantly weaker.

What makes you think aquaman is less skilled than Thor? Both took out several nooks at once. Both defeated skilled opponents. You can argue thor has more experience being older, but that doesn't necessarily mean more skilled

h1a8
Originally posted by carthage
The Nidavelir rings feat pretty easily shits on Arthur's submarine feat. No they don't. The rings were stuck because of the ice. The rings were applying a force along with Thor. What if Thor needed only to apply 50 tons of force or less to HELP break the ice?

h1a8
Objects "weigh" less in water due to buoyancy. Aquaman also has a torpedo-like propulsion under water which he used to push the submarine. He's unable to do that outside water, which means he clearly gets some sort of amp underwater.

There was no proof that Thor got a physical strength upgrade after Ragnarok, as the only thing that happened is that his lightning powers were fully unlocked. So I'm not sure why you keep disregarding the Nidavellir feat.

And if you think Aquaman is skilled enough to stab Thor with his pitchfork before he gets smashed in the face with Mjolnir, then you need to rewatch those movies. The drag force in water is more than 800 times that in air. Plus the force required to overpower inertia (F =MA). Just moving the submarine with that speed is beyond imagination in the level of force.

F > 1000v^2 + MA + weight

Silent Master
Originally posted by h1a8
No they don't. The rings were stuck because of the ice. The rings were applying a force along with Thor. What if Thor needed only to apply 50 tons of force or less to HELP break the ice?

What if Thor needed to apply 938 quadrillion tons of force?

h1a8
Originally posted by Silent Master
What if Thor needed to apply 938 quadrillion tons of force? Then he was applying 938 quadrillion tons of force.

I'm sure you know the point. We can't quantify, to any degree of accuracy, the amount of force Thor applied since we don't know both how much force the rings were applying and the strength of the ice.

Silent Master
Same is true for Aquaman and Wonder Woman's feats.

NotAllThatEvil
Except we can with the submarine, as he was to only one applying force. For the ring feat, we have thor + a rocket + the rings(maybe). It could have been 90% thor and 10% rocket. Or it could have been 2% thor and 90% rocket and 8% rings. All we know is thor couldn't do it alone.
The submarine, however, is 100% aquaman

h1a8
Same is true for Aquaman and Wonder Woman's feats. Some of their feats can be quantified to a certain degree of accuracy. Most importantly, it is about whether we can PROVE a lower bound for a feat (prove that a feat exceeds a certain amount).

For example, it can be proven that WW lifted more than 10 tons in her tank feat. Therefore 9tons is a lower bound and we can use 9 tons to argue her minimum strength in a forum.

In general, Any amount that can be proven is less than the actual amount is a lower bound. For example, If I can prove 1000 tons is less than the actual amount then 1000 tons can be used as a lower bound as argued for a character's minimum strength.

This is how we quantify feats (with lower bounds).

Silent Master
"Certain degree of accuracy"

Translation: They can't actually be quantified. but you'll handwave it because it helps your side.

h1a8
"Certain degree of accuracy"

Translation: They can't actually be quantified. but you'll handwave it because it helps your side. You are moving the goalposts. The argument is about accuracy, not exactness.

But all that is irrelevant in light of the lower bound rule I gave.

Silent Master
Nope, using the same "h1" standards for both. if you can't accurately quantify the feats, they can't be used.

NotAllThatEvil
Why can't the submarine be quarantined?

Silent Master
what?

FrothByte
But water provides resistance so moving stuff underwater is much more difficult. And the propulsion comes from kicking their feetsies with super strength. Why you think he can't lift a submarine out of water. Dude briefly held off superman.

Before ragnorok upgrade, thor was a little weaker than hulk. With it he was kicking hulk's butt. Ergo, pre ragnorok thor was significantly weaker.

What makes you think aquaman is less skilled than Thor? Both took out several nooks at once. Both defeated skilled opponents. You can argue thor has more experience being older, but that doesn't necessarily mean more skilled

Water resistance does make things a bit more difficult to move but it's nothing compared to the weight of the submarine. In other words, I've personally tried dragging/pulling a 300 pound man through the water but I definitely could not lift a 300 pound man on land.

Now the submarine was not floating at the top of the water but it wasn't completely sunk to the bottom, which means buoyancy was lifting a good portion of it's weight. Whatever water resistance was present when Aquaman pushed that submarine is extremely minimal when compared to the weight that buoyancy was counteracting.

As for Thor, he never fought Hulk after his upgrade. He fought Hulk twice, once in Avengers and once in Ragnarok BEFORE his powers were fully unlocked. Ergo, it's the same Thor without an upgrade. The most you can argue is that he's a bit more experienced.

Now when it comes to skill, Thor has fought and defeated higher caliber opponents than Aquaman and in less ideal circumstances. That makes him more skilled.

NotAllThatEvil
Water resistance is huge considering the surface area of the sub, especially since he lifted it straight up. Overcoming the drag at that speed is way more impressive than if he just lifted it on land.

He fought hulk in avengers 1, and was losing until he summoned mjonir, and in ragnorok , where he was losing until he turned on god mode. Both times his strength alone was not enough to beat hulk.

Has he though? He beat loki in thor and avengers, and the dark elf guy whose name escapes me. Neither, I would argue, is as impressive as ocean master. Aquaman has the disadvantage of only being in 2 movies, but he was really impressive in those 2

ares834
Not true at all. Drag from water resistance is also based on velocity. And Aquaman is pushing the sub pretty damn fast. I would expect that the drag was far greater than the force of buoyancy making the feat for more impressive than if he just lifted it on land.

Edit: Beaten to the punch I see.

FrothByte
Water resistance is huge considering the surface area of the sub, especially since he lifted it straight up. Overcoming the drag at that speed is way more impressive than if he just lifted it on land.

He fought hulk in avengers 1, and was losing until he summoned mjonir, and in ragnorok , where he was losing until he turned on god mode. Both times his strength alone was not enough to beat hulk.

Has he though? He beat loki in thor and avengers, and the dark elf guy whose name escapes me. Neither, I would argue, is as impressive as ocean master. Aquaman has the disadvantage of only being in 2 movies, but he was really impressive in those 2

I'm not completely disregarding your points, it would be nice to get some numbers so we can see if the drag is more than the buoyancy. Still, overcoming that drag due to speed isn't quite as difficult for him since, as I mentioned, underwater he's able to launch himself at torpedo-like speeds so he clearly gets a huge speed boost underwater.

I rewatched the scenes where he was swimming, he wasn't moving his feet when he did that torpedo-swimming thing. And that's what he used to push the submarine to the surface. He doesn't have this power while on land, so it's not quite that transferrable to this match unless this takes place underwater.

As for Thor and Hulk, I think you're getting off track now. Originally you claimed Thor's upgrade also increased his strength and used his fight against Hulk to back it up. I pointed out that he never fought Hulk post upgrade. Are you willing to retract your statement now about his strength upgrade?

Thor beat Loki twice, beat Surtur, beat the Destroyer, outfought Hela in the throne room but lost due to her healing factor, managed to give Hulk a good fight despite being weaker than Hulk, was beating up Ironman before they were interrupted, has easily taken out various superpowered fodder like frost giants, dark elves, Surtur's minions, etc.

Now let's get to Aquaman. The fodder he easily takes out were usually massively weaker than him like human pirates or parademons. When Aquaman fought superpowered fodder like other Atlanteans, he couldn't quite steamroll them like Thor did frost giants stuff. He only ever fought two opponents who were stronger than him who were Superman and Steppenwolf, and he failed to give as good a showing against those opponents as compared to how Thor fought stronger opponents like Hulk, Hela, Malekith w/ Infinity stone, etc. Aquaman fought his brother twice but only won once (whereas Thor beats his brother everytime they fight).

h1a8

If you can't prove a lower bound then you can't assign a value to the feat

Correct. As that's the universal standard here.

h1a8
I'm not completely disregarding your points, it would be nice to get some numbers so we can see if the drag is more than the buoyancy. Still, overcoming that drag due to speed isn't quite as difficult for him since, as I mentioned, underwater he's able to launch himself at torpedo-like speeds so he clearly gets a huge speed boost underwater.

I rewatched the scenes where he was swimming, he wasn't moving his feet when he did that torpedo-swimming thing. And that's what he used to push the submarine to the surface. He doesn't have this power while on land, so it's not quite that transferrable to this match unless this takes place underwater.

As for Thor and Hulk, I think you're getting off track now. Originally you claimed Thor's upgrade also increased his strength and used his fight against Hulk to back it up. I pointed out that he never fought Hulk post upgrade. Are you willing to retract your statement now about his strength upgrade?

Thor beat Loki twice, beat Surtur, beat the Destroyer, outfought Hela in the throne room but lost due to her healing factor, managed to give Hulk a good fight despite being weaker than Hulk, was beating up Ironman before they were interrupted, has easily taken out various superpowered fodder like frost giants, dark elves, Surtur's minions, etc.

Now let's get to Aquaman. The fodder he easily takes out were usually massively weaker than him like human pirates or parademons. When Aquaman fought superpowered fodder like other Atlanteans, he couldn't quite steamroll them like Thor did frost giants stuff. He only ever fought two opponents who were stronger than him who were Superman and Steppenwolf, and he failed to give as good a showing against those opponents as compared to how Thor fought stronger opponents like Hulk, Hela, Malekith w/ Infinity stone, etc. Aquaman fought his brother twice but only won once (whereas Thor beats his brother everytime they fight).

The force of drag
F = 1/2pAc * v^2

Where A is the cross sectional area, p is the density of the fluid, c is the drag coefficient, and v is the velocity.

I gave you the force equation in my other post. I guess you guys didn't read it.

Total force = drag + inertial acceleration + weight - buoyant force

> 1000v^2 + mass*acceleration

You guys can find a lower estimate for the velocity and acceleration.

Silent Master
Originally posted by h1a8
Correct. As that's the universal standard here.

Then by all means, accurately quantify Aquaman's feat.

h1a8
Then by all means, accurately quantify Aquaman's feat. You mean prove a lower bound?

Silent Master
I mean, accurately quantify Aquaman's feat.

NotAllThatEvil
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pU1kngVYIh0

NotAllThatEvil

We see in the flashback that aquaman does the propulsion thing by doing a big kick that sends him rocketing in the water. If he wasn't kicking for the submarine, that means he did it with just one kick. Which is more impressive.

Thor was losing to hulk. turned on his god mode, then started beating hulk. I don't know how you can argue he wasn't stronger when using it? He literally upgraded mid fight.

Surtur is impressive, but surtur was also losing to hulk, so....I wouldn't say loki or the frost giants were particularly impressive since SIF and loki were taking them down...with small daggers.

I think you're downplaying aquaman's fodder. Every atlantean is roughly as strong as he is. Heck, even a no name cop was able to beat him down. By the end of the movie, aquaman was taking out several at once. Plus black manta, who had an atlantean war suit with lasers that could destroy islands. If you want to bring up aquaman not doing great against Clark or stepp, I would like to remind you thanos, with no stones, humiliated thor in infinity war, and kurse as well. Superman is the strongest being in the DC verse currently.

FrothByte

Nice. Now we know that Aquaman is massively stronger than Superman after all.

FrothByte
We see in the flashback that aquaman does the propulsion thing by doing a big kick that sends him rocketing in the water. If he wasn't kicking for the submarine, that means he did it with just one kick. Which is more impressive.

Thor was losing to hulk. turned on his god mode, then started beating hulk. I don't know how you can argue he wasn't stronger when using it? He literally upgraded mid fight.

Surtur is impressive, but surtur was also losing to hulk, so....I wouldn't say loki or the frost giants were particularly impressive since SIF and loki were taking them down...with small daggers.

I think you're downplaying aquaman's fodder. Every atlantean is roughly as strong as he is. Heck, even a no name cop was able to beat him down. By the end of the movie, aquaman was taking out several at once. Plus black manta, who had an atlantean war suit with lasers that could destroy islands. If you want to bring up aquaman not doing great against Clark or stepp, I would like to remind you thanos, with no stones, humiliated thor in infinity war, and kurse as well. Superman is the strongest being in the DC verse currently.

So what you're saying is that, with a single kick of Aquaman's legs while under water, he was so strong that this was able to propel him with enough force to push that submarine hundreds of meters up towards the surface? That with a single kick of his legs he was able to push, according to your video link, 579,283 tons of force?

Well sh!t dude, with strength like that I guess Aquaman would solo the entire Avengers and Justice League roster on his own. Heck, he must have been holding back something fierce to not simply turn Steppenwolf to paste with a single punch. You've convinced me, Aquaman is now physically the strongest comic movie character we've seen.

As for Thor, he turned on his "god-mode" by activating his lightning and blasting Hulk with it. I fail to see how this amped his strength like you claimed earlier.

And sure, if you want to ignore the fact that Thor was completely out of shape when he fought Thanos go for it. That's obviously not lowballing or anything right? Definitely the same thing as Aquaman being in his physical prime.

I also seem to recall Thor being made the equal of a human in the first Thor movie. He didn't seem to struggle with the SHIELD agents as much as Aquaman struggled against the Atlanteans but whatever. Guess every Atlantean is roughly strong enough easily push 579,283 tons with but a single kick of their legs so they're clearly much tougher opponents.

NotAllThatEvil
Thor wasn't out of shape at the beginning of infinity war?

FrothByte
Thor wasn't out of shape at the beginning of infinity war?

I certainly didn't see Thanos fighting a fit and healthy Thor at the beginning of Infinity War.

NotAllThatEvil
You're right, it was much closer to a massacre

ares834

Absolutely retarded. He's not lifting any water, it does move to the side and that's accounted for with drag.

Nice. Now we know that Aquaman is massively stronger than Superman after all.

Even if the video was accurate, Superman stomping of Steppenwolf and his manhandling of Aquaman shows him to be far stronger.

FrothByte
You're right, it was much closer to a massacre

That was performed against an unfit, unhealthy Thor.

NotAllThatEvil
? Thor lounging on the ship as king of asgard was unfit and unhealthy?

FrothByte
? Thor lounging on the ship as king of asgard was unfit and unhealthy?

Where did you see him just lounging on the ship in Infinity War?

NotAllThatEvil
At the end of ragnorok

FrothByte
At the end of ragnorok

At the end of Ragnarok where he never fights Thanos.

By the time he tries to fight Thanos in Infinity War, he's completely beat up and obviously not fit or healthy.

So I'm still waiting for you to show me the part where he fought Thanos while being fit and healthy.

HumbleServant
Do you guys think Valkryie and Loki etc are strong enough to hurt aquaman?

FrothByte
Originally posted by HumbleServant
Do you guys think Valkryie and Loki etc are strong enough to hurt aquaman?

Oh yes definitely. WW & Aquaman vs. Loki & Valkyrie is a close fight that could swing either way.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.