Favorite of the Four Horsemen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

gold slorg
well obviously there are guys that talk about the subject of atheism, antitheism etc in better ways in different aspects (like Graham Oppy etc) but among the famous 4 that started the atheism promotion, who was/is the best?

ilikecomics
Originally posted by gold slorg
well obviously there are guys that talk about the subject of atheism, antitheism etc in better ways in different aspects (like Graham Oppy etc) but among the famous 4 that started the atheism promotion, who was/is the best?

They all offer something unique in terms of perspective.

Sam harris is the most valuable for the layman.

dadudemon

Hitchens, for sure.

Robtard

I voted Hitchens, rider of the pale horse

Stringer
Ric Flair hands down

Artol
They all have their issues, with Dawkins and Harris we can see that now clearly. They partake in a very performative, shallow "intellectualism". Harris, of course, is still constantly gracing us with his bad takes. Hitchens was pretty good, but I have issue with his war mongering in his later years. I guess Dennet is the least intellectually offensive of them all.

BackFire
Ellen

Blakemore
poll looks stupid so i voted for dawkins cos he ****ed garrison.

Old Man Whirly!
Arn Anderson

Trocity
Originally posted by Stringer
Ric Flair hands down

thumb up

Hitchens, BTW.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Trocity
thumb up

Hitchens, BTW. Ric Flair would **** up either Hitchens are they allowed to be a handicap match.

Bashar Teg
chris benoit

Quincy
Warren Worthington

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Quincy
Warren Worthington Caliban

ilikecomics
Originally posted by Artol
They all have their issues, with Dawkins and Harris we can see that now clearly. They partake in a very performative, shallow "intellectualism". Harris, of course, is still constantly gracing us with his bad takes. Hitchens was pretty good, but I have issue with his war mongering in his later years. I guess Dennet is the least intellectually offensive of them all.

Care to give an example of one of harris's bad takes?

Surtur
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
chris benoit

Cuz you can identify with him, brain injury to brain injury?

ilikecomics
Originally posted by Surtur
Cuz you can identify with him, brain injury to brain injury?

I experienced a severe brain injury as a child and i only fantasize about assassinating my family with a bowflex twice a week, max.

Artol

Blakemore
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Caliban Wasn't the a character from Midsummer's night dream? Because I hated that play. Or was he the guy from The Tempest? Because I liked that one.

Artol
Caliban is from The Tempest

Blakemore
Ah, I got it right in the end.

ilikecomics
@artol

That's why i asked, those are the top 3 that lazy lefties throw at him.

If i gave you a better explanation than what you currently have would you look into or brush it off?
From the limited number of posts from you, you seem thoughtful so i dont think youre lazy or necessarily a lefty, but if you use those arguments people not of the left will categorize you as such.

Also know if you say you want my reponse they will probably be lengthy (dont worry i wont write a manifesto lol )

ArtificialGlory
Hitchens was based as ****.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.