DC's Plastic Man Film Changes Screenwriter, Will Have Female Lead

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wxyz
https://www.cbr.com/plastic-man-film-adds-writer-cat-vasko-female-lead/

You're a misogynist if you disagree.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by wxyz
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

interesting

wxyz
Feminists like to ruin everything that men enjoy.

Blakemore
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
interesting My sentiments, exactly.

wxyz
So I guess it's okay to cast a man as Wonder Woman then?

dadudemon

It's labeled as a comedic action adventure. Women are leading the writing charge. I expect it to be okay. So here's hoping they make a good Mr. Fantastic. I mean Stretch Armstrong. I mean Plastic Man.

Give it a chance and let them succeed or fail, I say. Judge based on the content of the movie and not the gender of the writers, right?

wxyz
No one is complaining about the sex of the writers.

It's the fact that Plastic MAN will have a female lead.

dadudemon

Oh.

I read this in the article and assumed it meant the writing team is being "woman led":

I didn't read anything in there about Plastic Man being cast with a female actor. I assume that the phrase is about the project being led by women.

Blakemore
W
T
F

wxyz
I took it to mean they're casting a female to lead the film.

I was aware the writer is female.

cdtm
So, Plastic Woman?

Or is a woman still being called Plastic Man, or what?

I'd click the link to find out, but then I'd have to visit CBR.

BruceSkywalker
So I guess it's okay to cast a man as Wonder Woman then?

well there is a comic book character called Wonder Man...

also do you bother to know what comic book is???

there is a character called Elasti Girl which this could be about

Trocity
Yeah, it just means female writer(s) leading the project. Not sure why this is news, when it was announced in 2018, it was said that Amanda Idoko was the writer. Is it a female-only writing team or something, or is Amanda no longer a part of it?

"Female-leading vehicle" is a weird term, though.

Badabing

You're a misogynist if you disagree. For the love of....

Didn't these stupid a holes get the message yet with Ghostbuster 2016, Star Wars and the latest Terminator? How about this, be creative and make original movies with a female lead. Anyone remember Ripley in the Alien franchise?

Mindship
So, Elasti-girl wasn't enough?

Blakemore
At university, I did an article about representation of women in films. I Had to choose a female director, I chose Penny Marshall. Mostly because she was in Laverne and Shirly, so I thought it was a good idea to have someone who started out as a "tobelookedatness" as stated by Laura Mulvey, to then move up into a senior role in film-making. After discussing her career, the films I picked were A league of their own 1992 and Riding in cars with boys 2001 both of which accentuated struggles that women face, the former being women's sport, the latter being women's career aspects.

I got a high mark and was well respected. smile So, yeah, I don't know what this article is about, I just wanted to toot my own horn.

Having said that, and this is a more to the contextual point of the thread, it's better for a woman to direct a film about women as they know what a woman is.

cdtm
Originally posted by Badabing
For the love of....

Didn't these stupid a holes get the message yet with Ghostbuster 2016, Star Wars and the latest Terminator? How about this, be creative and make original movies with a female lead. Anyone remember Ripley in the Alien franchise?

Niche director gonna niche.

snowdragon
At least they didn't say a "girl" lead with plastic folks the possibilities are endless, so many possibilities!

Blakemore
Originally posted by Blakemore
At university, I did an article about representation of women in films. I Had to choose a female director, I chose Penny Marshall. Mostly because she was in Laverne and Shirly, so I thought it was a good idea to have someone who started out as a "tobelookedatness" as stated by Laura Mulvey, to then move up into a senior role in film-making. After discussing her career, the films I picked were A league of their own 1992 and Riding in cars with boys 2001 both of which accentuated struggles that women face, the former being women's sport, the latter being women's career aspects.

I got a high mark and was well respected. smile So, yeah, I don't know what this article is about, I just wanted to toot my own horn.

Having said that, and this is a more to the contextual point of the thread, it's better for a woman to direct a film about women as they know what a woman is. "I don't know what this article is about?"

I'm a ****ing idiot. What I meant to say was "I don't know what this thread is about"

head
hit
keyboard.

Flyattractor
At least we won't have to worry about this movie going to theaters.
Thanks WB!

Surtur
*enters*

*See's topic isn't about the DC character Plastic Man*

*leaves*

Flyattractor
Yeah. I will just rewatch my old DVD of the toon from the 80's.

Or was it the 70's?

Surtur
Late 70s to early 80s. He took on "The Weed".

Flyattractor
Back then.. Who didn't.

NemeBro
Hot

Flyattractor
Yeah Sure....

Robtard

You lost your shit because they hired a female screenwriter.

Just exactly how tiny is your tiny penis??

Surtur
Any male superhero project described as a "female leading vehicle" should be given major side eye.

Robtard
Originally posted by Surtur
Any male superhero project described as a "female leading vehicle" should be given major side eye.

This works for you too:
Originally posted by Robtard
You lost your shit because they hired a female screenwriter.

Just exactly how tiny is your tiny penis??

Surtur
Hey as long as you believe a wonder woman movie described as a male leading vehicle wouldn't get backlash from leftists okay thumb up

Robtard
I'd be perfectly fine if a male was brought in as the screenwriter for Wonder Woman 3 as long as it was a good screenwriter, as I am concerned with how good of a screenwriter the person is and not their sex.

I'm also not an insecure sensitive type with a tiny penis. (I am saying you're this, in case you failed to follow)

Surtur
I didn't ask if you'd be fine with it Rob.

Robtard
You know, that is fair enough. To answer your question then:

Some far leftist would freak out cos they're emotional pansies, just like you. You and those types, two sides of the same Reeeee-coin.

Surtur
I disagree that it would only be far leftists.

I also love you can't talk shit about these folks without running your mouth about me too to save face.

Awesome you coward smile

dadudemon
It would be a bit funny if Netflix commissioned a TV show about Wonder Woman but the lead was a transgender male to female.

smile

Lean and muscular arms, lean muscular legs, 5 O'clock shadow, falsetto voice, etc. OOOOOO, it would be enough to trigger leftists and right-wingers, alike.

I almost need this to happen. I need everyone triggered.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.