Superman vs Posters

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BrolyBlack
Which posters have been mentally destroyed by Superman the most?

JBL
That would be his fans that exaggerate about him and make false claims. It's amazing how Superman has Dynamic strength, can fight at light speed and beats anybody in their minds, yet have no proof whatsoever. They also move in groups of 7 or more and get caught in lies every day they post. Then they insult others who don't worship Superman. Then they make ridiculous threads hoping their fellow Superman friends take the blame off of them.

BrolyBlack
Ok so obviously you are the most aggrieved, thank you for your opinion

JBL
This will turn into a spite thread. All anybody had to do is ask for proof and then it's over because none will be given. Superman has made his fans lose their train of thought many times on here. That's a Fact.

BrolyBlack
You already stated your opinion and we know Superman has wounded you the most.

-Pr-
Originally posted by JBL
That would be his fans that exaggerate about him and make false claims.

You mean the way you do?

AlbertoJohnAvil
Superman is the most boring and most generic character i've ever seen created. Like his writing is shit to be honest. Superman has always been so generic. It give room for fanboys to seriously overestimate his abilities

JBL
Originally posted by -Pr-
You mean the way you do? All my claims are backed up by proof. Me being a fan of Superman for years growing up has given me great knowledge of the character. Then when my dad married a lawyer that represented our company, she taught us to get the evidence first and then present your case, evidence that was further reinforced by the fact that she introduced me and my son to four writer friends when she learned we collected comics. So please enlighten me of any false claims I have made or any exaggeration I have made about any character in a comic book.

-Pr-
Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
Superman is the most boring and most generic character i've ever seen created. Like his writing is shit to be honest. Superman has always been so generic. It give room for fanboys to seriously overestimate his abilities

IYO.

Originally posted by JBL
All my claims are backed up by proof. Me being a fan of Superman for years growing up has given me great knowledge of the character. Then when my dad married a lawyer that represented our company, she taught us to get the evidence first and then present your case, evidence that was further reinforced by the fact that she introduced me and my son to four writer friends when she learned we collected comics. So please enlighten me of any false claims I have made or any exaggeration I have made about any character in a comic book.

I have done. Several times. Only to have you mysteriously stop replying. Or claim I said things that I didn't.

That's a lot of talk about evidence when you don't provide any.

JBL
IYO.

I have done. Several times. Only to have you mysteriously stop replying. Or claim I said things that I didn't.

That's a lot of talk about evidence when you don't provide any. The evidence is right there in the comics if one knows how to comprehend it. Plenty of Superman fans miss the little hidden hints in comics because they don't know any better. I know because I was once like that. That's the reason a lot of misconceptions comes up about Superman. OWAW was a perfect example.

AlbertoJohnAvil
IYO.

That's a lot of talk about evidence when you don't provide any.

it really isn't. Put definite limits to his upper ability range and make him grow up a bit. I get he's "Hope Personified", but that shit is old and he needs a personality tweak. Give him a crisis that matters. Send him down a slightly darker path for a while, then bring him back redeemed. Trust me, I always know what I'm talking about, that'd make him far interesting.

-Pr-
Originally posted by JBL
The evidence is right there in the comics if one knows how to comprehend it. Plenty of Superman fans miss the little hidden hints in comics because they don't know any better. I know because I was once like that. That's the reason a lot of misconceptions comes up about Superman. OWAW was a perfect example.

Funny you should say that. What about OWAW?

it really isn't. Put definite limits to his upper ability range and make him grow up a bit. I get he's "Hope Personified", but that shit is old and he needs a personality tweak. Give him a crisis that matters. Send him down a slightly darker path for a while, then bring him back redeemed. Trust me, I always know what I'm talking about, that'd make him far interesting.

Except they did that. At least a few times already.

It never stacks up to the kind of stories we get from the likes of Morrison.

AlbertoJohnAvil
A perfect thing would be to actualize the old fears of Lex and Bruce. Have him decide enough is enough and that he needs to be more proactive in stopping humanity from harming itself. Build it up slowly. Have it come to a head in an arc where he flirts with becoming somewhat fascistic. Not much, just a little. Have Bruce and Diana bring him back. Alter the whole DC landscape around that

AlbertoJohnAvil
Funny you should say that. What about OWAW?

Except they did that. At least a few times already.

It never stacks up to the kind of stories we get from the likes of Morrison.

Yeah no Those are the worse stories for him

DarkSaint85
laughing out loud

-Pr-
A perfect thing would be to actualize the old fears of Lex and Bruce. Have him decide enough is enough and that he needs to be more proactive in stopping humanity from harming itself. Build it up slowly. Have it come to a head in an arc where he flirts with becoming somewhat fascistic. Not much, just a little. Have Bruce and Diana bring him back. Alter the whole DC landscape around that

That's a terrible idea. For a multitude of reasons.

Yeah no Those are the worse stories for him

JFC...

AlbertoJohnAvil
and I'm not talking about tshirt Clark limit. I mean stop having him suffer vs Livewire then one shot a planetary for next week. Set a realistic range for him and leave him in that range. I don't wanna see him pull a galactic level feat today and fall to ivy tomorrow. That's ****ing dumb

AlbertoJohnAvil
That's a terrible idea. For a multitude of reasons.

JFC...

Its not. right now he's a shit character that has an inhuman personality. He needs to be more realistic. He grew up human but is a moral paragon? Shits stupid.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Which posters have been mentally destroyed by Superman the most?

Well done, you've made the best thread with golden contributions

-Pr-
and I'm not talking about tshirt Clark limit. I mean stop having him suffer vs Livewire then one shot a planetary for next week. Set a realistic range for him and leave him in that range. I don't wanna see him pull a galactic level feat today and fall to ivy tomorrow. That's ****ing dumb

You're asking for a consistency in comics that simply doesn't exist with the majority of characters. It's not a Superman-specific problem.

I actually agree with you on that, even if I don't agree on what power level he should be, I'll bet.

Its not. right now he's a shit character that has an inhuman personality. He needs to be more realistic. He grew up human but is a moral paragon? Shits stupid.

Only to you. Opinions differ.

AlbertoJohnAvil
You're asking for a consistency in comics that simply doesn't exist with the majority of characters. It's not a Superman-specific problem.

I actually agree with you on that, even if I don't agree on what power level he should be, I'll bet.

Only to you. Opinions differ.

How? His whole schtick is that he was raised human, so why not ACTUALLY make him act like a human???

AlbertoJohnAvil
I mean i don't really care what power level it is, But leaving his top end open so he can do ANYTHING and beat ANYONE when plot demands is trash.

DarkSaint85
So you acknowledge that he has no limit.

That makes it weird in threads where you argue that he has a limit.

JBL
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
So you acknowledge that he has no limit.

That makes it weird in threads where you argue that he has a limit. Let me make this simple. Do you remember rocky boxing that big russian? Did you see how rocky was getting wrecked by that russian yet was " tanking " the blows? Rocky didn't go down as "scripted". Now take that fight and put it on a battleboard without it being scripted, and rocky would have either gotten killed or the ref would have stopped the fight. Superman and other hero's do the same thing in comics, they are allowed to win in comics because we already know who going to win in the end. Now let's go to battle boards, battle boards are not scripted, the hero is not going to save the day there. the writer does not have a predetermined winner on battle boards. You Superman fans try to transfer a scripted comic over to battle boards. It's like in a movie they allow my stock Corvette Callaway to be outrun by a stock Nissan Altima. Now let's take those two cars out of the movie and to a real-life track. Now you Superman fans are going to go by what happened in the movie. Why? Because you want that Nissan Altima to win, but at the track, that Altima gets destroyed. But you Superman fans still cling on to what happened in the movie. That's the way y'all do Superman. Now since rocky all of a sudden started winning a scripted battle, he now has dynamic strength. Sounds familiar?

-Pr-
How? His whole schtick is that he was raised human, so why not ACTUALLY make him act like a human???

...But he does. a lot of the time.

Originally posted by JBL
Let me make this simple. Do you remember rocky boxing that big russian? Did you see how rocky was getting wrecked by that russian yet was " tanking " the blows? Rocky didn't go down as "scripted". Now take that fight and put it on a battleboard without it being scripted, and rocky would have either gotten killed or the ref would have stopped the fight. Superman and other hero's do the same thing in comics, they are allowed to win in comics because we already know who going to win in the end. Now let's go to battle boards, battle boards are not scripted, the hero is not going to save the day there. the writer does not have a predetermined winner on battle boards. You Superman fans try to transfer a scripted comic over to battle boards. It's like in a movie they allow my stock Corvette Callaway to be outrun by a stock Nissan Altima. Now let's take those two cars out of the movie and to a real-life track. Now you Superman fans are going to go by what happened in the movie. Why? Because you want that Nissan Altima to win, but at the track, that Altima gets destroyed. But you Superman fans still cling on to what happened in the movie. That's the way y'all do Superman.

I feel like you're so far wide of the point, that you can't even see the point.

DarkSaint85
But you're using fictional feats to determine that Drago wins.

Why would Drago, a fictional character, in your logic, destroy Rocky, a fictional character?

Answer: because the fictional movie showed Drago doing fictional feats. None of which was real.

Tomorrow, the film studio can come out and say that Rocky is actually a Terminator robot, and can fly FTL with laser eyes. And you have no choice but to accept it.

Edit: also, what Pr said. You didn't actually see my point at all.

AlbertoJohnAvil
...But he does. a lot of the time.

I feel like you're so far wide of the point, that you can't even see the point.

No, he doesn't. him being a monolith of virtue is exactly what's wrong with the character. They need to Break him. Have something happen that shatters his ideals of being a hero. Basically look at Thor from the God butcher arc to the end of war of the realms. Put him in that type of long journey. And knock that cheesey assed childlike optimism off. Make him realized just who the **** he is.

JBL
But you're using fictional feats to determine that Drago wins.

Why would Drago, a fictional character, in your logic, destroy Rocky, a fictional character?

Answer: because the fictional movie showed Drago doing fictional feats. None of which was real.

Tomorrow, the film studio can come out and say that Rocky is actually a Terminator robot, and can fly FTL with laser eyes. And you have no choice but to accept it.

Edit: also, what Pr said. You didn't actually see my point at all. now you are adding on stuff in that movie. But I see you Superman fan don't get what comics are all about.good things I have people who actually dream up and write these comic for backup. And that's the sad thing about it. You all don't know what you're talking about. I will never forget what one of the writers told me, being allowed to win is not dynamic strength. Every hero and comics do that.yet only one is said to have dynamic strength because of that. Sad really.

Insane Titan

-Pr-
No, he doesn't. him being a monolith of virtue is exactly what's wrong with the character. They need to Break him. Have something happen that shatters his ideals of being a hero. Basically look at Thor from the God butcher arc to the end of war of the realms. Put him in that type of long journey. And knock that cheesey assed childlike optimism off. Make him realized just who the **** he is.

Sounds like you just want a brand new character that just still happens to call themselves Superman, while missing the point of what Superman is in the first place.

Originally posted by JBL
now you are adding on stuff in that movie. But I see you Superman fan don't get what comics are all about.good things I have people who actually dream up and write these comic for backup. And that's the sad thing about it. You all don't know what you're talking about. I will never forget what one of the writers told me, being allowed to win is not dynamic strength. Every hero and comics do that.yet only one is said to have dynamic strength because of that. Sad really.

Dude, stop lying. Seriously. I would say it's getting old, but it's not. It got old months ago.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Sounds like you just want a brand new character that just still happens to call themselves Superman, while missing the point of what Superman is in the first place.

Dude, stop lying. Seriously. I would say it's getting old, but it's not. It got old months ago.

he never does. He acts like a Sunday School morality lesson. Start with something strong. Have him be almost directly responsible for dozens of deaths in one incident cuz he holds back. Watch him slowly unravel because if it. DC character writing is shit cuz they only care about preserving legacies.

BrolyBlack
I mean i don't really care what power level it is, But leaving his top end open so he can do ANYTHING and beat ANYONE when plot demands is trash.

So now you admit he has no limits, but argue he does in every thread you make about him.

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by JBL
now you are adding on stuff in that movie. But I see you Superman fan don't get what comics are all about.good things I have people who actually dream up and write these comic for backup. And that's the sad thing about it. You all don't know what you're talking about. I will never forget what one of the writers told me, being allowed to win is not dynamic strength. Every hero and comics do that.yet only one is said to have dynamic strength because of that. Sad really.

This isn't typed, spelled, or punctuated like anyone who owns/manages/has a leadership role in any company other than one that is dreamed up in your head.

Diesldude

-Pr-
he never does. He acts like a Sunday School morality lesson. Start with something strong. Have him be almost directly responsible for dozens of deaths in one incident cuz he holds back. Watch him slowly unravel because if it. DC character writing is shit cuz they only care about preserving legacies.

That sounds awful. It really does.

You don't want Superman, that much is obvious.

Delta1938
Originally posted by JBL
That would be his fans that exaggerate about him and make false claims. It's amazing how Superman has Dynamic strength, can fight at light speed and beats anybody in their minds, yet have no proof whatsoever. They also move in groups of 7 or more and get caught in lies every day they post. Then they insult others who don't worship Superman. Then they make ridiculous threads hoping their fellow Superman friends take the blame off of them.

Why so you lie so blatantly yet think you're fooling anyone?

StiltmanFTW
Ban Superman from this forum (again), please.

You can still discuss the character here:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f48/

BrolyBlack

You sound bitter. You must be jealous.

Diesldude

JBL
Originally posted by Delta1938
Why so you lie so blatantly yet think you're fooling anyone? I could not care if you believe me or not. But in due time, just hang around my friend.

Delta1938
Originally posted by JBL
I could not care if you believe me or not. But in due time, just hang around my friend.

It's not disbelief. It's factually correct you're lying.

AlbertoJohnAvil
That sounds awful. It really does.

You don't want Superman, that much is obvious.

I'm being realistic. Marvel: Heroes are portrayed as mortals with great power, complicated by real life human flaws
DC: Heroes are mostly portrayed as godlike or demigods (Batman) with typically one note, archetypical personalities.
Most DC characters are ideals, paragons or archetypes with very little actual nuance.
It's literally the most stated reason for division among readers. Marvel heads like realistic human portrayal, DC heads want every character in a cape to be a god. And gods are kind of one note.
I mean you don't have to agree. That's on you. But it's literally the oldest intelligent rationalization for the schism among comic fans

BrolyBlack

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by JBL

There are no writers you talk to besides in your imagination

-Pr-
I'm being realistic. Marvel: Heroes are portrayed as mortals with great power, complicated by real life human flaws
DC: Heroes are mostly portrayed as godlike or demigods (Batman) with typically one note, archetypical personalities.
Most DC characters are ideals, paragons or archetypes with very little actual nuance.
It's literally the most stated reason for division among readers. Marvel heads like realistic human portrayal, DC heads want every character in a cape to be a god. And gods are kind of one note.
I mean you don't have to agree. That's on you. But it's literally the oldest intelligent rationalization for the schism among comic fans

Why do you keep changing the subject?

Nobody would argue that DC doesn't like it's archetypes. I do find it interesting, though, that you would claim there's no nuance there. Or lack of a variation in personalities when the comics show exactly that thing you say they don't.

I'll give you the chance to respond, but after that I'm closing the thread. It's run its course.

BrolyBlack

Diesldude

Magnificent M
Gonna need speed feats of posters before making a decision.

DarkSaint85
I caught Mr Master's sock posts before he edited them thumb up

carthage
Originally posted by Magnificent M
Gonna need speed feats of posters before making a decision.

😂

Rage.Of.Olympus
How are mods leaving threads like this open? What the hell?

Edit: And PR is posting in this and contributing? WTF

Diesldude
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

Lighten up Francis.

DarkSaint85
Someone needs to report Pr thumb up

MADMAN01
Did he show pics of his boat?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

Someone needs to report Pr thumb up

I was bored. Sue me.

It has run its course though.

Badabing
I was bored. Sue me.

It has run its course though. Run its course like diarrhea.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.