Thanos vs. Zeus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

deft
Thanos vs. Zeus

Note: Random encounter in a slugfest, no prep, no BFR and basic knowledge.

How goes this?

wxyz
Thanos.

What has Zeus done, other than beat Hulk, which Thanos could also do?

Philosophía
Originally posted by wxyz
Thanos.

What has Zeus done, other than beat Hulk, which Thanos could also do? His teeth and beard were intact after Ares bus driver'd him.

https://i.imgur.com/k93uThi.png

This cannot be overlooked.

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

Don't forget about the mighty spear from a cannon fodder titan, who was in the process of climbing and was in no position to throw it properly.

wxyz
Love the how dare you at the end.

Reminds me of that kid who cried about climate change.

h1a8
Thanos.

What has Zeus done, other than beat Hulk, which Thanos could also do?

Thanos can't beat Green Scar in a slugfest. Even if he could then it would be nothing like how Zeus did it.

Insane Titan

h1a8

Insane Titan
Originally posted by h1a8
Issue number of Thanos beating Zeus?
Do you know what the Green Scar persona is?
Hint: It's not Savage Hulk nor Professor Hulk.
Hulk became Green Scar again when he koed Red Hulk with a thunderclap. are you a complete moron? I said Thanos beats Zeus not beat, idiot.

Yeah I do, the one powered up by the hyperdrive exploading giving him the amp during the WWH story.

Again not the green scar.

Delta1938
Originally posted by Insane Titan
are you a complete moron? I said Thanos beats Zeus not beat, idiot.

laughing I had to reread your post after reading him asking for the issue reference.

h1a8
are you a complete moron? I said Thanos beats Zeus not beat, idiot.

Yeah I do, the one powered up by the hyperdrive exploading giving him the amp during the WWH story.

Again not the green scar.

Prove it. Prove that Thanos beats Zeus in a slugfest

Insane Titan
Ffs your a troll

Insane Titan
Prove it. Prove that Thanos beats Zeus in a slugfest

https://i.ibb.co/M7HCWJz/F5-DEE0-E6-8-BC6-4-DB6-91-C5-17-D35-F72-B0-FB.jpg hyperdrive bomb amped him.

Zeus has more lower showings and less higher showings against comparable foes than Thanos has.

Read a comic you pathetic troll.

wxyz
Zeus also amped himself before his fight with Hulk by drawing energy into himself.

Insane Titan

h1a8
https://i.ibb.co/M7HCWJz/F5-DEE0-E6-8-BC6-4-DB6-91-C5-17-D35-F72-B0-FB.jpg hyperdrive bomb amped him.

Zeus has more lower showings and less higher showings against comparable foes than Thanos has.

Read a comic you pathetic troll.

Hulk gained the ability to become Green Scar and WBH after the events of WWH.

Thanos has more lower showings than Zeus (in showings relevant to a slugfest).
But that's not the standard I'm arguing at.
Characters fight at full capacity.
Zeus beating Hulk the way he did is significantly above what Thanos could have done to Hulk.

Insane Titan

BrolyBlack
Thanos globals him

BrolyBlack
Hulk gained the ability to become Green Scar and WBH after the events of WWH.

Thanos has more lower showings than Zeus (in showings relevant to a slugfest).
But that's not the standard I'm arguing at.
Characters fight at full capacity.
Zeus beating Hulk the way he did is significantly above what Thanos could have done to Hulk.

100% untrue

h1a8

Insane Titan

carver9
Zeus destroys him. Easily

Insane Titan
Originally posted by carver9
Zeus destroys him. Easily prove it you femboy coward, if you dare.

h1a8

Insane Titan

ShadowFyre
Zeus should be more powerful but in a comic I could see Thanos winning because he is wanked so much

AlbertoJohnAvil

Insane Titan

carver9
Yeah, Hulk wasn't there to beat Zeus but even if he was, he still would've got wrecked just like Thanos would get treated like fodder here. 2 different tiers. Zeus would crush World Breaker Hulk as well but this version of Hulk would do a lot better than Thanos.

AlbertoJohnAvil

wxyz
Thanos still.

Insane Titan

AlbertoJohnAvil
This is why Left unaltered, his HF would recreate his liver almost instantly. You see the punishment dictates it only grow back at night. Is it coincidence that his HF is noticed to be slow in corroboration with a punishment that requires his healing be slower? I doubt it.

https://i.postimg.cc/Vrkfs7Fc/Screenshot-141.jpg

Insane Titan
Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
This is why Left unaltered, his HF would recreate his liver almost instantly. You see the punishment dictates it only grow back at night. Is it coincidence that his HF is noticed to be slow in corroboration with a punishment that requires his healing be slower? I doubt it.

https://i.postimg.cc/Vrkfs7Fc/Screenshot-141.jpg completely irrelevant to the comic though despise it been used as its inspiration.

AlbertoJohnAvil

AlbertoJohnAvil
Also, He said your strength won't return for some time. Then he mentions his HF next panel which leads into the reveal of his punishment.
And your wounds will only heal fast enough.... To match THAT punishment. Cuz that's what he is getting.

AlbertoJohnAvil
At no point did he say hit and healing factor in conjunction. He said strength. then he mentioned the HF and boom you see the punishment finally cuz THAT is what he was referencing

Insane Titan

Insane Titan

AlbertoJohnAvil
Hows it irrelevant to the comic? It's referencing the exact same punishment handed to a Titan by the exact same god who did that to Hulk. It's the whole point of that scene. Zeus recreated Prometheus punishment for Hulk.

And Hulk normally heals way faster than Prometheus could so Zeus fixed it.

Insane Titan
At no point did he say hit and healing factor in conjunction. He said strength. then he mentioned the HF and boom you see the punishment finally cuz THAT is what he was referencing Again his powers stopped working due to the punishment he took. Like it said everything would return over time working fully ie strength/HF.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Again his powers stopped working due to the punishment he took. Like it said everything would return over time working fully ie strength/HF.

The punishment dictates it only can grow back at night. Hulks liver would regenerate instantly. So his HF needed to be compromised for the punishment to fit

https://i.postimg.cc/NLP6cSxB/Screenshot-143.jpg

Insane Titan
The punishment dictates it only can grow back at night. Hulks liver would regenerate instantly. So his HF needed to be compromised for the punishment to fit

https://i.postimg.cc/NLP6cSxB/Screenshot-143.jpg irrelevant to the comic again.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Zeus punishing someone by chaining them to get their liver pecked out is irrelevant to a comic where Zeus chains someone up to get their liver pecked out? It looks pretty clear that the Zeus/Prometheus angle that was being used

AlbertoJohnAvil
It references it next page:

https://i.postimg.cc/gLK1wdcS/soek.jpg

Insane Titan
Still not the same as what you showed and tried to claim as there is zero sign of hulk healing.

Ignore what the comic says all you want. His punishment stopped his power from working.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Day one. Day two. Day three. Yes, he was healing. Probably at night as the punishment dictates:

https://i.postimg.cc/8FRCyJZj/egs.jpg

Insane Titan
Day one. Day two. Day three. Yes, he was healing. Probably at night as the punishment dictates:

https://i.postimg.cc/8FRCyJZj/egs.jpg Hes still got wounds on his chest on day 3 that happened on day 1. No sign of healing.

AlbertoJohnAvil
it's a direct reference to the mythology of Prometheus. As per the writer

https://i.postimg.cc/7fzrMvsL/dg.jpg

AlbertoJohnAvil
Hes still got wounds on his chest on day 3 that happened on day 1. No sign of healing.

every frame shows a different angle though,

Insane Titan

Insane Titan
every frame shows a different angle though, day 1 and day 3 you see his chest. Eagle stood pecking on day 1 and still damaged day 3

AlbertoJohnAvil
day 1 and day 3 you see his chest. Eagle stood pecking on day 1 and still damaged day 3

it happens every day, that's the punishment. Eaten by day, heal by night

AlbertoJohnAvil

DarkSaint85
It shows that Pak isn't following it slavishly. So your 'proof' is inconclusive.

Insane Titan

Insane Titan

AlbertoJohnAvil
There's no precedent for a beating shorting out his HF. He's been beaten far worse. Then a punishment with a very specific healing time frame.

He has suffered FAR worse damage and insta-healed. I've NEVER seen him lose his HF to gods, universal tyrants, whatever. He lost it THIS time when his punishment dictates that he has to heal slower.

If damage reduced his healing factor what would be the point of it existing? It wasn't the fight. It was a punishment.

https://i.postimg.cc/m1LD0LPB/fber.jpg

AlbertoJohnAvil
See panel one of the page he's chained? Almost completely healed right? If the beating took his HF he would likely have died during the fight but he CERTAINLY would still have been physically broken. He had a slight bruise. AGAIN proving it was something AFTER the fight, not the fight itself

Insane Titan

Insane Titan
See panel one of the page he's chained? Almost completely healed right? If the beating took his HF he would likely have died during the fight but he CERTAINLY would still have been physically broken. He had a slight bruise. AGAIN proving it was something AFTER the fight, not the fight itself The panel when we first see him chained you can clearly see the damage to his right peck the exact same on the 3rd panel on day 3 of torture.

Hulk damage seemed more internal as he was puking up green blood/shite.

DarkSaint85
There's no precedence for WBH either.

Pak said hey, who cares, I'm the writer now.

There's no precedence for Hercs as a unit. Pak doesn't care.

AlbertoJohnAvil

GenghisJuan
Thanos stalemated Odin until he pulled out Gungir. We also should note:
-Odin inherently had an advantage.
-This is Thanos before multiple perma amps.
Zeus, however, is **at best** an equal to Odin. So Thanos wins.

Insane Titan

h1a8
Originally posted by GenghisJuan
Thanos stalemated Odin until he pulled out Gungir. We also should note:
-Odin inherently had an advantage.
-This is Thanos before multiple perma amps.
Zeus, however, is **at best** an equal to Odin. So Thanos wins.

This is a slugfest. The Thanos Odin fight is irrelevant which is based on energy attacks. Thanos failed to even make Odin flinch when he physically struck him. If Zeus is an equal, then Thanos would fail to make Zeus flinch as well.

Note: If you can't quantify an amp AND there exists no higher later showings to verify the amp then the amp doesn't exist. You know that Thanos lost all his bionic implants and tech when he was resurrected from a skeleton? Even Odin said his might was scientifically acquired.

Anyway, we use feats to gauge power, not statements. If a character is stated to be amped 5 times but their highest showing is them struggling to lift 200lb and failed to lift 300lb then guess what? They can lift up to 200lb in a forum fight despite the amp statements.
Thanos only gets his feats to determine his power. Feats >>> statements when they contradict.

Insane Titan
This is a slugfest. The Thanos Odin fight is irrelevant which is based on energy attacks. Thanos failed to even make Odin flinch when he physically struck him. If Zeus is an equal, then Thanos would fail to make Zeus flinch as well.

Note: If you can't quantify an amp AND there exists no higher later showings to verify the amp then the amp doesn't exist. You know that Thanos lost all his bionic implants and tech when he was resurrected from a skeleton? Even Odin said his might was scientifically acquired.

Anyway, we use feats to gauge power, not statements. If a character is stated to be amped 5 times but their highest showing is them struggling to lift 200lb and failed to lift 300lb then guess what? They can lift up to 200lb in a forum fight despite the amp statements.
Thanos only gets his feats to determine his power. Feats >>> statements when they contradict. more lies Odin says his power comes from a dark place referring to his power given to him by death and his occult tamperings. He calls his power artificiality gained.

The rest of your post is most nonsense with desperate trolling, you lost the argument along time ago.

Using physical striking feats , Thanos punched Pheonix Thane through a planet , Zeus has nothing close.

BrolyBlack

Thanos only gets his feats to determine his power. Feats >>> statements when they contradict.

Written like a person that should be locked up in an insane asylum.

Stoic
Thanos would beat Zeus down. Zeus has done nothing to place him above Thanos who was listed as being the most powerful Eternal. Zuras is able to stalemate Zeus. Zuras is an Eternal.

carver9
No!!!

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Stoic
Zuras is an Eternal.

1) Zuras is to Eternals what Zeus is to Olympians.

2) Thanos actually is a unique Eternal-Deviant hybrid.

BrolyBlack
Stilt who do you think wins this fight.

h1a8
more lies Odin says his power comes from a dark place referring to his power given to him by death and his occult tamperings. He calls his power artificiality gained.

The rest of your post is most nonsense with desperate trolling, you lost the argument along time ago.

Using physical striking feats , Thanos punched Pheonix Thane through a planet , Zeus has nothing close.

Thanos never punched anyone through a planet. I debunked that a long time ago.
Odin stated, "Scientifically acquired might." You don't even know your comics dude.

Again, Thanos failed to make Odin flinch when he punched him. That's significantly superior to Thanos.

Stoic
Since when does Zeus get Odin's feats?

BrolyBlack
Exactly

GenghisJuan
Again, Thanos failed to make Odin flinch when he punched him. That's significantly superior to Thanos.
That's incredibly dishonest.

Was Odin more powerful? Yes.
Did Thanos fail to do anything? Hell no.
Let me give some panels from Warlock #25 to show why.

The main reason people say he couldn't make him flinch is this scan:
https://miro.medium.com/max/1902/1*LS0l63_g9UOGb1TjMORtqA.jpeg
Thanos literally tanks Odin's attack in the top panel, so bad argument.

Here's this scan where Thanos blatantly overpowers Odin:
https://pm1.narvii.com/6871/9cb7e2b7f8bdf5ad0484fa1527dce7d08fea7b38r1-978-1435v2_hq.jpg
Where's him failing to make Odin flinch exactly?

Here's Odin admitting that they have a similar energy pool:
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-XbafwBrfDbg/XmTtxVzTuNI/AAAAAAABJfg/Fgk419QmAfoeDuGqZYJjgyAK1H1gSprhwCKgBGAsYHg/s1600/war-if25_28.jpg
of course, he's still more powerful, but it's not a huge difference.

Odin also says he highly respects Thanos power:
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/proxy/5U4YBNpxWuyQPD4IX4GNj46MgmfC0rXeBnyj- nEf1A69_BQWlz5H1Ar6B4kAsvMOVnUbMeMRpveBIQGAMMaryGp
5tIhALMtgez0Y4QIYfvIOjc9Tb6nKii5HvHnnmQvEbO7onIc=s
0-d
Why would he say this if Thanos failed to make him flinch?

Also, if Odin was >>>>>> Thanos, why did he pull out Gungnir?
https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-80d02021091bc7b6f6131868241a789b
It simply doesn't hold up.

That's not even mentioning when it's shown in a flashback that Thanos and Surfer were overpowering Thanos. So, where's Odin destroying Thanos easily? Where's Thanos failing to make a dent? Because I see him staggering Odin and forcing him to use weapons, even saying Thanos put up a good fight.

h1a8
Originally posted by Stoic
Since when does Zeus get Odin's feats?

Titan claims they are equals in physicality.

Insane Titan

Insane Titan
Titan claims they are equals in physicality. another lie, show where I said this otherwise your troll ass if finally getting reported for constant trolling/lying .

h1a8
another lie, show where I said this otherwise your troll ass if finally getting reported for constant trolling/lying . my bad. It was gengis. But you hopped in the discussion like you are supporting that claim (arguing against me).

Anyway. Thanos has no fighting feat where it shows he can punch as hard as Zeus. Note: Zeus wasn't damaged after being hit by Hulk.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Stilt who do you think wins this fight.

Pure slugfest?

Thanos, as Zeus' performance against the Hulk not only is an outlier, he needed to amp his blows with lightning, too. Arguably altered his size and increased muscle mass, too, but that could be just that artist's interpretation.

Love him or hate him, Thanos has feats. Including purely physical feats.

h1a8
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Pure slugfest?

Thanos, as Zeus' performance against the Hulk not only is an outlier, he needed to amp his blows with lightning, too. Arguably altered his size and increased muscle mass, too, but that could be just that artist's interpretation.

Love him or hate him, Thanos has feats. Including purely physical feats. Why would it be an outlier? This is a skyfather that is intended to be a peer of Odin by several writers and who has created constellations.

Insane Titan
Why would it be an outlier? This is a skyfather that is intended to be a peer of Odin by several writers and who has created constellations. as you just said feats>>>>>statements.

Creating shit means nothing in battle, retard.

Again show me where I said Thanos is physically equal to Odin, troll

BrolyBlack
Pure slugfest?

Love him or hate him, Thanos has feats. Including purely physical feats.

thumb up

BrolyBlack
Why would it be an outlier? This is a skyfather that is intended to be a peer of Odin by several writers and who has created constellations.

That means nothing

StiltmanFTW
Why would it be an outlier? This is a skyfather that is intended to be a peer of Odin by several writers and who has created constellations.

Maybe because Ares (who was not in top shape at the time) decked him twice with minimal effort?

Then you have a similar showing vs. Hercules.

And a single half-assed spear throw taking care of him.

Hulk should've ripped Zeus in half.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
That means nothing

We can treat him as an equal to Odin; it doesn't change anything in this particular match.

Odin needed everything in his arsenal... and Gungnir... to have Thanos on the ropes... and Thanos was still getting up.

BrolyBlack
Yup

h1a8
We can treat him as an equal to Odin; it doesn't change anything in this particular match.

Odin needed everything in his arsenal... and Gungnir... to have Thanos on the ropes... and Thanos was still getting up.

This is a slugfest. Energy based feats are almost meaningless when Thanos has always been victim to or staggered by high Herald level blunt force.

BrolyBlack
Did you get your Covid 19 vaccination?

Juntai
Anyone have an example of Thanos heads up beating a skyfather without an amp?

Or even an Elder?

Insane Titan
Originally posted by Juntai
Anyone have an example of Thanos heads up beating a skyfather without an amp?

Or even an Elder? The only real skyfather hes ever face in combat was Odin. He was getting the better of Thane in combat who had the full Pheonix force and the same with a heavily amped Annihilus who also had the control rod.

Zeus only has the Hulk fight that makes him look good against several other showings against similar foes Thanos has handled far easier.

BrolyBlack
Thanos walked away from Odin on his feet. Hulk walked away with his guts being hurled

Insane Titan

StiltmanFTW
This is a slugfest. Energy based feats are almost meaningless when Thanos has always been victim to or staggered by high Herald level blunt force.

Yes, it's a slugfest.

If anyone has a poor track record against blunt force, it's Zeus.

carver9
This thread should be closed for spite. Wolverine would give a better fight to Silver Surfer than Thanos would against Zeus. 2 different tiers here. Zeus stomps with ease.

StiltmanFTW
Based on what, exactly?

His one-time showing against your favourite?

Insane Titan

Insane Titan

DarkSaint85

Then am sure he has slugfest feats.

But if he wants to, he can create some constellations after to commemorate Thanos' victory if he wants.

wxyz
Skyfather is just a position.

So who cares if Zeus is a tier above Thanos?

Thanos wins since he has the feats.

h1a8
Skyfather is just a position.

So who cares if Zeus is a tier above Thanos?

Thanos wins since he has the feats. Post relevant feats of Thanos pertaining to winning a slugfest that's better than how Zeus did Hulk?

DarkSaint85
Zeus wasn't doing a pure slugfest though. We see him with lightning.

Insane Titan

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Zeus wasn't doing a pure slugfest though. We see him with lightning.

Exactly.

Something h1 conveniently ignored, despite it being pointed out several times.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.