Finally, Politicians Are Going to Strike Down the Patriot Act: Tulsi and Massie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dadudemon
This bill has bipartisan support!!!!!

https://twitter.com/RepThomasMassie/status/1339258499411423235?s=20

This is called the Protect Our Civil Liberties Act' (HR8970).

Rep. Massie is a Republican. Tulsi should have been our 46th President or VP.

I hope they succeed. Any politician who votes no to this bill should NEVER get a single vote from any other voter, ever again. Take note of who votes no on this bill. This is not about catching terrorists. It is about enforcing a police state.

wxyz
It won't pass.

snowdragon
Yeah that's solid and as an aside if Crenshaw votes against this booo.

dadudemon
Originally posted by snowdragon

I highly doubt Crenshaw would. He's super big about personal liberty. If only...he wasn't so big on personal liberty, he didn't shit on UHC. sad

Crenshaw would be my favorite rep if not for 3-4 of his hardline opposition stances that are just not supported by science.

Robtard
Originally posted by snowdragon

I suspect this will get a lot of no votes and ultimately probably not end up getting repealed. This is essentially taking away power from the government people we're falling over themselves to hand over almost 20 years ago. The government does not like to give up power once given, generally speaking.

I also suspect there's going to be people who want to vote to repeal on ideals, but are afraid that if the PA goes away and a major attack happens on US soil, there's people who will blame said attack on the PA being repealed and thereby blaming the people who voted for the repeal.

I say this has a 5/7 in failing.

snowdragon
Originally posted by Robtard
I suspect this will get a lot of no votes and ultimately probably not end up getting repealed. This is essentially taking away power from the government people we're falling over themselves to hand over almost 20 years ago. The government does not like to give up power once given, generally speaking.

I also suspect there's going to be people who want to vote to repeal on ideals, but are afraid that if the PA goes away and a major attack happens on US soil, there's people who will blame said attack on the PA being repealed and thereby blaming the people who voted for the repeal.

I say this has a 5/7 in failing.

You are correct on a number of your points, I'm just hoping we somehow get this passed.

Merry Christmas also to everyone out theresmile I'm sure i'll say this alot in these coming dayssmile

Surtastic
I'd be shocked if this passes.

I feel like this is a genie we won't ever be able to put back in the bottle.

wxyz
Once the Government takes power, it doesn't give it up.

jaden_2.0
Why do they hate America?

riasides
Originally posted by dadudemon
This bill has bipartisan support!!!!!

https://twitter.com/RepThomasMassie/status/1339258499411423235?s=20 8 ball pool

This is called the Protect Our Civil Liberties Act' (HR8970).

Rep. Massie is a Republican. Tulsi should have been our 46th President or VP.

I hope they succeed. Any politician who votes no to this bill should NEVER get a single vote from any other voter, ever again. Take note of who votes no on this bill. This is not about catching terrorists. It is about enforcing a police state.

It should never have passed in the first place!

BrolyBlack
Needs to pass,

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.