Taxpayers have a right to know where and how their money is spent.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wxyz
"Export Development Canada was charged with running the business credit availability program (BCAP) and the Canada emergency business account (CEBA). It has made public the names of a half-dozen companies that appear in ads praising the help they received, but EDC refuses to name the other 791,884 businesses approved for CEBA loans totalling $31.6 billion.

"Company names are included in the data businesses gave in confidence," said EDC spokesperson Amy Minsky. "Without consent, we are not able to disclose the names."

EDC also has refused to reveal the information through the Access to Information Act, pointing to a clause in the Export Development Act which says that "all information obtained by the Corporation in relation to its customers is privileged.""

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/covid-spending-government-transparency-1.5826917

This is unacceptable and immoral.

No one has the right to take my money and not tell me where it's going and to whom.

Robtard
While true, you kinda coulda just put this in your other thread as we were talking about virtually the same thing yesterday.

wxyz
It's different enough, that thread was about over taxation, this one is about transparency.

Surter
Did they give a reason why this should be privileged information?

wxyz
I already posted the reason in quotes.

"Company names are included in the data businesses gave in confidence," said EDC spokesperson Amy Minsky. "Without consent, we are not able to disclose the names."

Surter
Oic

Wonder why a company would not want this public....

Flyattractor
We can't have Open and Transparency in National Elections now...

wxyz
@Surter What do you think about this issue?

Flyattractor
There is to much Criminal and Corrupt Activity going on for them to ever do this.

Maybe if we imprison the entire democrat political base in DC and all the Blue States it might Happen... Hmmm have to jail a lot of RINOS to.

Surter
I think transparency is almost always the best choice. Unless being transparent would put lives in danger.

With this specific issue there isn't a good reason I can see to not be up front with the taxpayers.

wxyz
@Surter Do you think that Government has the right in some instances to hide where taxpayer money is spent?

Flyattractor
I am fine with THIS IS How much we gave to the Military being enough. Cause I know what the Military is supposed to do . They are supposed to come up with stuff and to turn people in Killing Machines meant to DEFEND the People of the U.S. What really needs to be made TRANSPARENT is al the Stuff the Congress Members are doing. IF we did that. Pelosi would be in FpUCKING RAPE HER OLD ASS PRISON!

Surter
Maybe it would he okay if we were doing some top secret project yeah.

But no not business loans or whatever lol

Surter
Though on the other hand that can lead towards a very slippery slope

wxyz
Originally posted by Surter
Maybe it would he okay if we were doing some top secret project yeah.

But no not business loans or whatever lol

You and I disagree then.

No one has the right to take my money and then spend it without telling me.

Originally posted by Flyattractor
I am fine with THIS IS How much we gave to the Military being enough. Cause I know what the Military is supposed to do . They are supposed to come up with stuff and to turn people in Killing Machines meant to DEFEND the People of the U.S. What really needs to be made TRANSPARENT is al the Stuff the Congress Members are doing. IF we did that. Pelosi would be in FpUCKING RAPE HER OLD ASS PRISON!

IIRC, the Pentagon hasn't accounted for billions of dollars.

Surter
Well I think it could be abused, but I mean I would assume some tax dollars went into the development of the atomic bomb...

Jmanghan
No they don't.

wxyz
Originally posted by Jmanghan
No they don't.

Why?

Jmanghan
Originally posted by wxyz
Why? why not?

wxyz
Should be easy to understand.

My money, I get to know where it goes.

Grand-Moff-Gav
It's not your money. It's a mere mechanism of relationship between one pleb and another all under the benevolent auspices of the Sovereign (Who or whatever that may be).

Surter
@wxyz, what about my atomic bomb example? Should its funding have been announced while in development?

wxyz
Originally posted by Grand-Moff-Gav
It's not your money. It's a mere mechanism of relationship between one pleb and another all under the benevolent auspices of the Sovereign (Who or whatever that may be).

Lol?

@wxyz, what about my atomic bomb example? Should its funding have been announced while in development?

If it was built with taxpayer money, yes.

Otherwise finance it privately.

Surter
?

Jmanghan
Should be easy to understand.

My money, I get to know where it goes. Why?

Flyattractor
Lol?

If it was built with taxpayer money, yes.

Otherwise finance it privately.

Somehow I think the Military becoming a Privately Run Bushiness would be a BAD Thing?

wxyz
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Why?

I don't think we're going to agree on this one.

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Somehow I think the Military becoming a Privately Run Bushiness would be a BAD Thing?

Agreed, but that's besides the point.

Flyattractor
Yeah, It would be fun to see the military do what ever it wants and tell the Government when it demands to know what they are doing be told to Go FpHuck them selves or get a court order.

Oh how the Democrats heads would pop!

wxyz
Fly, do you live in the U.S.?

Flyattractor
I live in the most U.Sy of the U.S part of it.

wxyz
Texas?

Surter
But our tax dollars here in the US go towards the military and stuff too so should all missions be disclosed too before they take place?

U don't see how that would be bad?

Sometimes secrets can be good. Don't they do Secret Santa in Canada?!

wxyz
The U.S. should stop invading countries.

Glad we seem to be on the same page.

Secret Santa in Canada?

I'm not sure.

Surter1
The U.S. should stop invading countries.

Glad we seem to be on the same page.

Secret Santa in Canada?

I'm not sure.

To be fair our troops do not choose where to go it is the higher ups. Would you truly want their lives risked? What would be wrong with disclosing the mission after it is done?

wxyz
Who said anything about disclosing beforehand?

After sure, do an audit.

Surter1
But our tax dollars here in the US go towards the military and stuff too so should all missions be disclosed too before they take place?

U don't see how that would be bad?

Sometimes secrets can be good. Don't they do Secret Santa in Canada?!

U responding to this by saying we shouldn't invade countries so I thought u were saying "if they don't want missions disclosed don't invade".

So then u do see the need for some secrecy then, even temporary?

Flyattractor
Texas?

Nope.

Originally posted by Surter1
To be fair our troops do not choose where to go it is the higher ups. Would you truly want their lives risked? What would be wrong with disclosing the mission after it is done?

Who said anything about disclosing beforehand?

After sure, do an audit.

Yeah they did that in the first Irag War.... It didn't go so well but it was Hilarious.

wxyz
@Surter1 I agree with that.

@Fly, do you agree with all the secrecy the U.S. Government engages in?

Flyattractor
Not all of it. Especially with what happens in the Non Military Branches... Those are ACTUAL Public Servants. There should be NO Secrets when dealing the Public. The Senate and the House should be Made of GLASS!

wxyz
@Fly, I hope you don't live in a Blue state.

Politicians are supposed to work for the people.

Not special interests.

Flyattractor
Red all the Way Thru. Only Good Blue is a DEAD BLUE!

wxyz
I would hate to live in a Blue state.

Look at California, it's a shithole.

Flyattractor
Oh No. In Califunny, they just shit on the sidewalk. They don't use holes.

jaden_2.0
Should people who receive state, tax payer money be put on a publicly available database too?

wxyz
No.

But taxpayers should know how much is being spent on welfare.

Artol
I completely agree with the sentiment, governments should be almost completely transparent fiscally and procedurally. Even national security should at the very least be very transparent to the Democratic representatives, if not necessarily to all citizens. People should know what they pay for and what their benefits are for what they pay.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.