Thanos vs Odin vs Mephisto vs Tyrant

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GenghisJuan
Rules:

Tyrant- At full power; no amps/extra energy
Odin- Pre-Aaron nerf; retains power from Asgard
Mephisto- Still king of Hell; retains power from Hell
Thanos- Pre Secret Wars 2015; standard equipment

Location- Indestructible Planet with no life
Win con- Either Death or KO
Extra- Bloodlusted; at peak stamina

So... who do you guys have winning?

deft
Probably Tyrant.

Insane Titan

GenghisJuan
Thanks for the responses.

"Also pre secret wars Thanos is the same as post until now."
Eh? It's before the God Quarry and stuff.

Anyways, I've recently seen this scan going around to say that Tyrant returned to full power between his famous battle with Galactus and the start of his arc:
2.bp.blogspot.com/-qIvSwnjF1Rs/VoTtKX-qY9I/AAAAAAAAag8/dDVV34oSshI/s0-Ic42/RCO043 .jpg

It's from Surfer #82. Do you think it's legit or makes a difference?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Odin.

GenghisJuan
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Odin.

Not saying I disagree, but what are your reasons?

Insane Titan
Originally posted by GenghisJuan
Thanks for the responses.

"Also pre secret wars Thanos is the same as post until now."
Eh? It's before the God Quarry and stuff.

Anyways, I've recently seen this scan going around to say that Tyrant returned to full power between his famous battle with Galactus and the start of his arc:
2.bp.blogspot.com/-qIvSwnjF1Rs/VoTtKX-qY9I/AAAAAAAAag8/dDVV34oSshI/s0-Ic42/RCO043 .jpg

It's from Surfer #82. Do you think it's legit or makes a difference? The god quarry was him just regaining his own full power, the comic states it several times clearly.

ShadowFyre
tyrant>odin>thanos>mephisto(though he should be higher)

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
tyrant>odin>thanos>mephisto(though he should be higher)

Thanos isnt greater than Mephisto. Mephistos on the same level as Odin.

Thanos is the non factor in this battle.

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by GalacticStorm

That's why I say he should be higher but there was a direct confrontation between the two and Thanos treated ol beezlebub like trash. One arm choking him. There very well could have been context that I am missing or not remembering but I agree that Thanos SHOULD be below all of them by a fair margin. But he is wa ked highly by Marvel

DarkSaint85
Mephisto always strikes me as more of a behind the scenes machinations type character.

Although, mindwiping the entire Marvel U with Parker is a good feat.

GenghisJuan
Thanks for all the great responses guys.

"The god quarry was him just regaining his own full power, the comic states it several times clearly."
Oh damn, I don't remember that. That's really impressive then. Do you have a scan by any chance?

"though he should be higher"
Wdym by "should"? Like, by intent or proper writing?

"One arm choking him."
Are you referring to when he did it with the Infinity Gauntlet or in the *Thanos vs Deadpool* series?

"Thanos is the non factor in this battle."
Hm, he was able to give good fights with Tyrant (although if my scan above is incorrect, this would be irrelevant) and Odin, as well as debatably Mephisto.

"Although, mindwiping the entire Marvel U with Parker is a good feat."
He's also been able to easily overpower Surfer and Classic Strange, fought Satannish out of realm many times, fight Galactus (who had eaten 1 Planet), etc.

MrMind
Originally posted by GalacticStorm

this, the battle of mephisto and galactus was shaking the galaxy and putting universe at risk

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
That's why I say he should be higher but there was a direct confrontation between the two and Thanos treated ol beezlebub like trash. One arm choking him. There very well could have been context that I am missing or not remembering but I agree that Thanos SHOULD be below all of them by a fair margin. But he is wa ked highly by Marvel

He one arm choked him when he was in possession of the IG. Thats the missing context wink

GenghisJuan
He did a similar thing in Deadpool vs. Thanos #3:
2.bp.blogspot. com/ocI2itnDuwVkwrqLX9sVljszsLSSQcf62741h4OHow3Bz-akTZ8CJqZA1zZ6qNMh2SbTtrzB5_Tx=s0

The issue here is that it's debatable whether Mephisto was weakened or just his forces, so it's kinda dubious.

GalacticStorm
He did a similar thing in Deadpool vs. Thanos #3:
2.bp.blogspot. com/ocI2itnDuwVkwrqLX9sVljszsLSSQcf62741h4OHow3Bz-akTZ8CJqZA1zZ6qNMh2SbTtrzB5_Tx=s0

The issue here is that it's debatable whether Mephisto was weakened or just his forces, so it's kinda dubious.

Wasnt Mephisto weakened by the absence of Death from the universe (and therefore a stop to the steady stream of souls that sustains his power) in that story arc?

Mephisto has stalemated Galactus in his own realm so if Thanos (who by his own admission is not on Galactus' level) can choke out Mephisto in Mephistos realm then theres always going to be a reason behind it.

GenghisJuan
As I said, he was weakened. In other pages he implies only his forces were weakened, but overall I think it's too dubious to use.

carver9
Also, Thanos had an Orb that contained one of Galactus most powerful Herald (during the time) power when he fought Tyrant. He didn't fight him under his own power. He was even reaching for the orb when he dropped it.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11133/111331762/6037587-0667096027-10573.jpg

Thanos is a non-factor here. Giving this to Odin.

GenghisJuan
Originally posted by carver9
Also, Thanos had an Orb that contained one of Galactus most powerful Herald (during the time) power when he fought Tyrant. He didn't fight him under his own power. He was even reaching for the orb when he dropped it.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11133/111331762/6037587-0667096027-10573.jpg

Thanos is a non-factor here. Giving this to Odin.

Thank you for the response. But no, it was confirmed he wasn't using it offensively really:
cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/749400140359532584/787765197359153172/main-qimg-6c0e7f5a0b339726155d9c022b6e7363 .png

Anyways, anyone know how well-fed the Galactus that Tyrant fought was?

carver9
Thank you for the response. But no, it was confirmed he wasn't using it offensively really:
cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/749400140359532584/787765197359153172/main-qimg-6c0e7f5a0b339726155d9c022b6e7363 .png

Anyways, anyone know how well-fed the Galactus that Tyrant fought was?

What are you talking about? He used it offensively throughout the entire fight.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11133/111331762/6037589-9941791875-11827.jpg

Uts right there in the pretty pictures.

GenghisJuan
Dude, did you read the image I posted? The author outright says he wasn't using it to amp himself.

carver9
Dude, did you read the image I posted? The author outright says he wasn't using it to amp himself.

I'm not pulling up that link. I'm basing this entirely off of what is shown on panel and Thanos had a tool against Tyrant which makes the showing irrelevant.

GenghisJuan
He's holding it, sure. Usually I would assume he was using its power, but the author outright confirmed he wasn't...

carver9
He's holding it, sure. Usually I would assume he was using its power, but the author outright confirmed he wasn't...

So the orb didn't charge up here when he grabbed it? He didn't point the charged up orb at Tyrant and blast from it? He wasn't crawling on the ground trying to retrieve the orb and use it immediately once he grabbed it on Tyrant? This just takes just a liiiiiittttle bit of common sense to figure out whats going on here. I feel that you have that common sense im thinking of...

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/11133/111331762/6037587-0667096027-10573.jpg

GenghisJuan
It's odd, yeah. But the author said he wasn't using it to amp himself, and as well as that, it's possible he just didn't want to lose it? Another thing I find worthy of mention is that Tyrant absorbs energy, so if anything he could've been using it to amp himself:
qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-3acbcdc684daa2fa3fd2d0ccb6297c40

Anyways, I reread Warlock #25 today, and Odin seemingly says Thanos is relative in power:
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/ lXPOPacG22DeO5mIds2xg9AGXeTc_OCsvKJBDB1BfAmlSXfb7f
yDxuyyQgOHcjaNkW7yyD7EpvqPLw=s0
Thoughts anyone?

Insane Titan

GenghisJuan
Question, are bumps allowed on this forum? I know most allow them, but not all do.

Anywho, in Thor #181, Mephisto says Odin is an equal of his:
https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-e140361879a758e4f9de361e45cf7c0d
Would you guys take this seriously?

Also, I forgot to edit out the "Pre-Secret Wars" thing for Thanos, so I'll do that now.

Edit: Oops, apparently it's been too long. Still, from this post forward, any base Thanos feat is allowed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.