Beta Ray Bill vs. Blue Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

deft
Current versions.

Who wins?

Booya_69

ShadowFyre
bill. But since BM is black, he's gonna win

GalacticStorm
Blue Marvel for the majority.

Everyones citing Bills versatility but in character his primary combat approach are simple hammer attacks, lightning strikes and energy absorption and redirection.

Hes a second rate Thor stats wise.

Blue Marvels Thor/Hulk/Sentry level in raw physical power and durability.

Hes stronger, faster/more agile, arguably more durable, definitely smarter and has energy shields to bolster his already high level of durability and is also an energy manipulator at a high level beyond simple absorption and redirection.

ShadowFyre
Bill also has force fields, there is literally no feats that say BM is either more durable or stronger than Bill. And Blue Marvels primary attack is to punch and blast. The same as Bill.

I will say this though, Blue Marvel has the most consistent showings out of any herald in Marvel. So if he was shown beating Thor/Hulk/Surfer in a brawl I wouldn't be upset about it. He is a legit beast and one of my favorite U.S. Marine characters in all of comics behind the Punisher. I just don't think its fair to lowball Bill when he has faced a mjch higher class of opponents

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Bill also has force fields, there is literally no feats that say BM is either more durable or stronger than Bill. And Blue Marvels primary attack is to punch and blast. The same as Bill.

I will say this though, Blue Marvel has the most consistent showings out of any herald in Marvel. So if he was shown beating Thor/Hulk/Surfer in a brawl I wouldn't be upset about it. He is a legit beast and one of my favorite U.S. Marine characters in all of comics behind the Punisher. I just don't think its fair to lowball Bill when he has faced a mjch higher class of opponents

Nah not lowballing Bill at all. Just saying hes not quite as impressive as Classic Thor overall and thats the level he would need to be to gain more wins out of 10 than Blue Marvel who has dominated Sentry and King Hyperion in battle.

Bills great and defeated powerful enemies, but perhaps its more accurate to measure comparative battle prowess through using a shared point of reference like Thor who Bill has similar abilities and output to.

No one bar Knull and Worldbreaker Hulk have wrecked Sentry in battle like Blue Marvel has. During Siege Classic Thor was giving it his all and Sentry tanked those shots. Blue Marvel took shots from Captain Marvel, Iron Man, WonderMan, followed by a number of blows from Sentry and then knocked his ass into space unconscious with one blow. Thor didnt manage that with the momentum of a running start behind his lightning charged blows. Beta Ray Bill could never.

Blue Marvel 8/10

carver9
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Nah not lowballing Bill at all. Just saying hes not quite as impressive as Classic Thor overall and thats the level he would need to be to gain more wins out of 10 than Blue Marvel who has dominated Sentry and King Hyperion in battle.

Bills great and defeated powerful enemies, but perhaps its more accurate to measure comparative battle prowess through using a shared point of reference like Thor who Bill has similar abilities and output to.

No one bar Knull and Worldbreaker Hulk have wrecked Sentry in battle like Blue Marvel has. During Siege Classic Thor was giving it his all and Sentry tanked those shots. Blue Marvel took shots from Captain Marvel, Iron Man, WonderMan, followed by a number of blows from Sentry and then knocked his ass into space unconscious with one blow. Thor didnt manage that with the momentum of a running start behind his lightning charged blows. Beta Ray Bill could never.

Blue Marvel 8/10

This

Sin I AM

Blue Marvel 8/10

Welcome to the forum

ShadowFyre
One could argue that the Sentry BM faced and the one Thor faces were almost completely different characters though. The one Thor faced (the void) was obvious a good deal more powerful than the one that BM faced

Superdad76
it will be a touighie but id say blue marvel would just about come ontop

Rage.Of.Olympus
Bill wins. Bad match for Blue Marvel. Stormbreaker completely neutralizes his energy projection capabilities and Bill has a lot more propensity to block, shield, and blast relatively to Thor who would tank it.

Everyones citing Bills versatility but in character his primary combat approach are simple hammer attacks, lightning strikes and energy absorption and redirection.

Hes stronger, faster/more agile, arguably more durable, definitely smarter and has energy shields to bolster his already high level of durability and is also an energy manipulator at a high level beyond simple absorption and redirection.

This is incorrect. Bill is at least as strong as Blue Marvel, has superior durability feats, much greater speed feats, and hits way harder with Stormbreaker.

I can't believe you think Blue Marvel will have an advantage in energy manipulation over Stormbreaker. That's like......saying Wonder Woman will have a speed advantage over the Flash. It doesn't make any sense.

Stoic
bill. But since BM is black, he's gonna win

It isn't because he's black my guy. He one shot Ultimate Hulk. Who has Bill one shot at that level? Your post makes it seem like if he were white, or anything other than black, he'd get your vote over Bill despite displaying physical strength enough to easily stop a catastrophe that would've wiped out all life on the the planet. But yeah let's pretend that his skin color is an actual super power.

BrolyBlack

Did you know you have the first post in the OFT thread?

Stoic
One could argue that the Sentry BM faced and the one Thor faces were almost completely different characters though. The one Thor faced (the void) was obvious a good deal more powerful than the one that BM faced

Thor along with a very powerful team of Avengers were dominated by Pagan. Adam had a series of accomplishments that were shown in his story. One shows him decking Pagan, which I'm assuming led to Pagan's defeat. If that is what the writer intended, which is what I believe was the case, how is Bill on this level after seeing how well the real Thor did against him?

carver9
Originally posted by Stoic
It isn't because he's black my guy. He one shot Ultimate Hulk. Who has Bill one shot at that level? Your post makes it seem like if he were white, or anything other than black, he'd get your vote over Bill despite displaying physical strength enough to easily stop a catastrophe that would've wiped out all life on the the planet. But yeah let's pretend that his skin color is an actual super power.

You do know the Ultimate verse was mentally going through some things during the time Blue Marvel one punched him, right? Ultimate Hulk wasn't Ultimate Hulk.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Did you know you have the first post in the OFT thread?

Whats that? confused

Wonder Man
Blue Marvel. He can change day to night with antimatter. Bill would be spent in 8x his normal level. The only energy storm breaker can lock onto is with the 11th percentile of dimensions. That leaves Beta Ray Bill at 3 times the amount of the fight.
There are other dimensions for Asgard respectively for our understanding stage one is 3 times amount.
Good fight.

Booya_69

Philosophía
Beta Ray Bill.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.